Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota (25666 Views)

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? / How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
updatechange:
Poverty mentality
Mumu show us weti you get Yen yen yen. Poverty mentality!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by CocoaOla: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
updatechange:
Poverty mentality
you are not prudent and you are illiterate too

4 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Vaiki(m): 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Abeg, no compare Honda with Toyota. Honda na better ride by far. Toyota is for poor people who do not mind driving a boring Car with less repairs. And for the fuel economy, Honda beats Toyota hands down.
Bros abeg tell them o!

1 Like

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Unrated900(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
moscobabs:
These noisemakers Toyota/Honda users don start with their poor man mentality again.

Benz any day anytime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by udemzyudex(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
dedunji:
Toyota runs on 30 mpg while the Honda runs on 32 mpg .mpg mean miles per gallon .in conclusion Honda is better but what about the pulling of the leg ?

Pulling of legs on civic?

2 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Kewellbanks: 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
Maybe when I don buy one. cuz ordinary bycicle I neva buy.
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by CocoaOla: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
bizhop01:
Poor man car cool
you you can make common bicycle you are illiterate with very low IQ

3 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by VanuatuWycombe: 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
How a vehicle consumes fuel depends on so many things, including the driving style of the driver, but not on only the engine’s design.

Below are official estimates of fuel consumption of each of the vehicle, according to an official government website:

Honda Civic 2002:

https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/PowerSearch.do?action=noform&path=7&year=2002&make=Honda&model=Civic&srchtyp=ymm

Toyota Corolla 2002:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2002_Toyota_Corolla.shtml

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by CocoaOla: 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
moscobabs:
These noisemakers Toyota/Honda users don start with their poor man mentality again.
you have a very low intelligence IQ

You can't build common bicycle spoke

Do think every thing is money?

3 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
MrSwiftt:

Most of these people saying poverty mentality are actually the poor ones.

How is it poverty mentality to cut cost?
Even if you have all the money in the world, if you are not prudent in spending you'll blow everything.

Don't mind crazy Yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by richPHAROAH: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hammyaladin:
calling people poor because they talk about what they can afford doesn't put u in a good light!

Mr reach man, carry your G wagon and your twenty something likes comot for thread! Mumu.

You saw it thread but your monkey Ego still made u jump in!
useless poor man. Both u , the broke ass op and the useless mod that pushed it to front page are madt angry
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Mayeldah(m): 3:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
Honda interior na your mate?

Honda best for engine and interior design

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
richPHAROAH:
useless poor man. Both u , the broke ass op and the useless mod that pushed it to front page are madt angry
we've heard, Mr reach man. Now Bleep off from the thread!!! Derailer!!!

You wan cause people pressure on top weti u no get!!

3 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by sintin: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2022
I think we keep making some basic mistake here, each manufacturer states clearly their miles per gallon (MPG) on the vehicle manual, so if a manufacturer states 17mpg for honda and toyota states 15 mpg for instance, then that settles it. Secondly, the Engine size should be the main consideration here, I think the civic is probably 1.4 litre engine while Toyota corolla is 1.6. Hence from the design the honda will definitely consume less fuel than the Toyota corolla.
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by kowalsky: 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
olisaEze:
It used to be a question of a Honda or a Toyota for most Nigerians, but there’s a better option now though it is still not that popular apart from in Lagos.

Check out any Hyundai product, they beat both Toyota & Honda hands down!

The 2011 Sonata beats even the Corolla in fuel efficiency or ground level displacement and is a lot more rugged.

Don’t bother comparing the Elantra and Accent models to those Japanese products, the fuel efficiency is off the charts!

In fact lemme say it like @Falseprophet; the Hyundai will chase the Honda & the Toyota outta the Nigerian auto market anytime soon....

....dis I have seen!! grin

Hyundai did magic to penetrate what's a fierce automobile industry with cut throat margins as a relatively new contender. But to say the Elantra would outwit the corolla or civic is pure fallacy.

Hyundai cars are plagued with many transmission and power issues. There's a reason why there's been a recent flood of Hyundai cars (esp the sonata, not so much the Elantra) in the Nigerian used car market. Once these cars get past their warranty period (usually at the 100,000 mile period), they tend to come down with power train issues.

As far as the current crop of vehicle automobiles go, Toyota and Honda take the crown for reliability. Toyota actually makes more reliable and resilient cars, although I'd never be caught driving one.

And a Sonato could never have better fuel economy than a corrola, especially given that they're two different car styles. Compare the Sonata's fuel economy to the camry and maybe it'll win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by micflo28(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2022
People screaming poverty mentality don’t have cars

1 Like

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Deen100: 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2022
I owned the two years back, the Honda consumes less than the Toyota. Example, for a trip of about 45km, the Honda will consume about 4liters of Fuel, while Toyota will consume about 5liters, provided they are in good condition. My daughter inherited the Honda and it's still serving her till today.

deelabs:
Let's debate Fuel Consumption: Between the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic, which consumes more fuel for the same distance of the journey.

Tell us your choice in the comment section. Tag someone you know will have a different opinion of your choice.

#tuesday #CarPartsNigeria

4 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by InvertedHammer: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2022
MrSwiftt:

Most of these people saying poverty mentality are actually the poor ones.

How is it poverty mentality to cut cost?
Even if you have all the money in the world, if you are not prudent in spending you'll blow everything.
/
Na typical Nigerian financial illiterate who thinks that expense is a measure of wealth. Pardon his ignorance.

/

4 Likes

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by immortalcrown(m): 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
deelabs:
Let's debate Fuel Consumption: Between the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic, which consumes more fuel for the same distance of the journey.

Tell us your choice in the comment section. Tag someone you know will have a different opinion of your choice.

#tuesday #CarPartsNigeria
Fuel consumption is not based on brand. Fuel consumption depends on engine capacity and tire pressure. A Toyota and a Honda of the same engine capacity and tire condition have no difference in fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Stallione(m): 4:04pm On Feb 05, 2022
Toyota products are better n lovely but nothing concern me with checking which one dat consumes less, all i know is dat if my guage shows red, i go fill my tank jare. undecided

1 Like

Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by richPHAROAH: 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hammyaladin:
we've heard, Mr reach man. Now Bleep off from the thread!!! Derailer!!!

You wan cause people pressure on top weti u no get!!
I am rich not reach u peasant angry
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by richPHAROAH: 4:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
Investorozay:

all of una for nairaland na billionaire
undecided undecided
I be millionaire by international standard. I don't know if you know what that means. I have no plans on becoming a billionaire by international standards
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by moscobabs(m): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
CocoaOla:
you have a very low intelligence IQ

You can't build common bicycle spoke

Do think every thing is money?

Ode, go and work hard and get a good car
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by heartbeat84: 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
corolla is a low-consumption car, and a better one
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by ogelekpomgam(m): 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2022
SmartGadgetz:
Well for me, both Toyota and Honda civic is at the same grade of fuel consumption, meaning both are very fuel economical and efficient especially the older ones, judging from my experiences as a car dealer.

Volkswagen Jetta 1996 Sale for transport business for sale (Buy and drive and Cheap)
Check my profile for more pictures.

Buy and drive..later you go enter kpoko. angry.
I believe you are legit and sincere sha. wink
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Dashlish12: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
Clean Nigeria use Toyota Camry XLE2010 (barely 3months) for sale; kindly quote me for pictures and info.
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Aaae: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Ok
Re: Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota by Dashlish12: 4:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Survived An Accident Today (pics) / 11 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Car's / Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.