Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness (6867 Views)

GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) / UN 35% Women Inclusiveness: Women Throws Support To Yahaya Bello / United Nations Writes/Commends Yahaya Bello For Promoting Women Inclusiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Jatuski: 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2022

Ahead of the national convention of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), a 33-year-old Dada Olusegun, has joined the race for the national youths leadership of the APC, even as he assured the youths of inclusiveness if given opportunity.

Making his official declaration through an open letter he personally addressed to all the APC youths on Tuesday, Olusegun, a communication strategist and youth advocate, said his passion for youth inclusion in politics will form the basis to chart the policy drive and execute template on inclusiveness for progressive youths on the National Working Committee.

"My first and foremost vow to the young people in our party is that I will fight for you and push for your interests with every fibre of my being. My manifesto titled “Eliminating the Rat Race” (which I will unveil shortly) explains my road map into expanding opportunities for young people in our party as we move towards 2023.

"I present myself as your best leg forward, your champion within the leadership of our great party and government."

Olusegun also assured that if elected, "I will earnestly agitate for young and qualified progressives; I will ensure they get the right of first refusal when it comes to getting jobs in Federal , State and Local Government levels which will be aided by developing a comprehensive register for young progressives.

"Police brutality and Law enforcement abusing their office is a feature in the life of the Nigerian Youth today and Law enforcement abuse does not recognise political bias.

"Therefore, we will put a law enforcement abuse desk in the national secretariat with a coordinated network of phone numbers, emails and social media handles to be made public. Thereafter, we will be able to escalate complaints and get justice for the innocent

"My policy drive will birth the Youth Directorate in our great party. The Youth Directorate will seek to facilitate the absorption of young progressives into party structure and organize relevant leadership tutelage and programs to further improve their human capacity development. Within my first 100days in office as the National Youth Leader, I will facilitate the creation of the Youth Directorate Office.

"Being the National Youth Leader of our party, my office will champion the reorientation of Nigerian youths especially the hordes who have been infested with misinformation, hatred for their fatherland by the opposition and interest that loathe this country have put into their heads about our great party and the administration by taking the message to the level of our youths who are hip and upwardly mobile in a fast-moving digital world.

"The office of the National Youth Leader would ensure the continuation of the Progressive Youth Conference. The conference shall be a yearly event that will bring young members of our great party together to discuss how to advance and further the cause of young Nigerians.

"If elected as the National Youth Leader, my office will ensure there is a youth-driven campaign throughout the electioneering process for the forthcoming 2023 General Election. The office will also have a campaign council comprising of young people who will act and serve as campaign spokespersons for young contestant.

"During my tenure as the National Youth Leader, my office will work towards organizing a yearly sport festival named “Progressive Sport Festival. This sport festival will be an Avenue for young members of our great party to showcase their sporting talent and as the National Youth Leader, my office will also partner with relevant national and international sport promoters to support, develop and groom the progressive sport talented individuals to the best standard.

"As globally agreed that technology is the bedrock of developing a nation, my office will have a special program for the young progressives that are technology enthusiasts at the annual progressive Conference. An Exhibition which play host to relevant industry players will be incorporated into the Progressive Youth Conference in order to create a pitching Avenue for startup ideas.

"As the National Youth Leader of our great party, my office will formulate and create an empowerment scheme for the teeming youths.

"This empowerment scheme aims to fund 24 young people that are tech entrepreneurs, small and medium scale business owners and other great ideas across the country. There shall be a selection of 4 young progressives in each geopolitical zone and each will be funded with a 5 million Naira cash."

The young politician also promised support for the young aspirants.

"As the National Youth Leader of our party, my office will champion a campaign of “Not Too Poor To Run” policy. This policy will seek a reduction in the amount of nomination forms for all young progressives within the age range of 18-40 and will also create a level playing ground for them in our great party.

"As the National Youth Leader of our great party, my office will work closely and partner with the Ministry of Youths and Sports Development. This is to ensure that young members of our great party are keyed into the programs of the youth ministry.

While appealing for support, he called on young men and women in party to see the convention as one that will shape their political lives for the next 8 years and beyond.
https://leadership.ng/apc-convention-olusegun-declares-for-national-youth-leader-position/

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by PrinceOfLagos: 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Feb 27 should come real quick

I wan laugh grin

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 01, 2022
Obidike Chukwuebuka
We know
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Investigative: 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
I will soon declare
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Lattop1(m): 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2022
I am the only one capable to lead the Youth tongue
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by FreestufsNG: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
God will surely send confusion to the camps of the enemies of the masses.
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Shikena(m): 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good development. Be part of the process.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by davit: 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2022
Well laid down manifesto. I just hope someone like him could make such position.
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Tochi3(m): 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
A current member of NURTW , bullion van branch.

By their fruits, they must be known.
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by southsouthking(m): 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
F PDP
F APC

F all political party in Nigeria.

Let's dialogue and go back to Regional government.

Constitutional revolution.
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Jerryherd: 4:47pm On Feb 01, 2022
Highly cerebral young chap

Take your chance
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Jerryherd: 4:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Tochi3:
A current member of NURTW , bullion van branch.

By their fruits, they must be known.

Your younger brothers mate is jostling for ambition to better his life and that of his people you are here capping nonsense

Ibo people sef

4 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by autolearner: 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2022
The only way to influence any real change in politics is to be part of the process - which is by picking up the membership card of part.

You can't seat on the sidelines, and howl every other person pushing for change down.

Your PVC only offers you the opportunity to contribute to the majority pool, real change comes from being in the bus!

Don't be a conductor, Get In and Push for Change.
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Tochi3(m): 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2022
Jerryherd:

Your younger brothers mate is jostling for ambition to better his life and that of his people you are here capping nonsense

Ibo people sef

Only to better his life and the lives of his youth"s people abi ?

In your own case Zombiezim is worst than skull minning
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by berrystunn(m): 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2022
Where is 69 ?
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Josephmumu03: 7:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
He looks razz and poor, I wont vote him
Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Zicco333(m): 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2022
A well articulated manifestoes. Achievement of these promises are the key. At least Olusegun is Just 33 years old better than those 50years always vying for youth Leader

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Olusegun Declares For Youth Leadership, Assures Inclusiveness by Maksolex20: 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
Olusegun Dada carry go come February 26

(1) (Reply)

Use Eid-El-Kabir To Strengthen Bonds Of Nationhood, Ibori Tells Muslims / NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues / Femi Pedro's Manifesto Available For Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.