Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues (6866 Views)

NNPC Apologises To Nigerians Over Bad Fuel, Long Queues / Nigerian Army Debunks Report On Distribution Of Ramadan Packages By Boko Haram / Water Scarcity In Enugu: Long Queues Sighted In Most Parts Of The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by ijustdey: 9:12pm On Feb 06
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has said that the scarcity of Premium Motor Spirit, popularly known as fuel and long queues being experienced in some filling stations in some Nigerian cities, particularly in Lagos is caused by distribution issues.

It had been reported on Monday that there were long queues in some filling stations in Lagos while residents of the city expressed fears that there might be a fresh scarcity of the product.

The long queues were noticeable at filling stations along the Ikorodu Road and Total Filling Station located at the Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way where the queues had led to traffic jams around the Ikeja axis of the state.

The PUNCH reports that many of the filling stations along the Ikeja axis, through Obafemi Awolowo Road in Ikeja, Lagos state capital were shut down, and that all the filling stations along Ogunnusi Road, inbound Berger, did not sell petrol to customers.

It was gathered that NNPCL mega filling stations along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway did not dispense fuel as of Monday evening.

On Tuesday morning, the NNPCL spokesperson, Femi Soneye, dismissed insinuations of fresh fuel scarcity, saying that the NNPCL did not have supply issues and that its products remained readily available.

Soneye, who added that the distribution issue in some areas had been resolved, was quoted as saying, “We are pleased to confirm that there are no supply issues, and our products remain readily available.

“The recent tightness experienced in certain areas was due to a brief distribution issue in Lagos, which has since been resolved.”

Also, the National Vice Chairman of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Hammed Fashola, said he was aware of the queues in some filling stations in

Lagos, but said the queues might be due to panic-buying on the part of customers.

Fashola said, “I am not in Lagos as we speak. But I heard about it too that there are queues in Lagos. It may just be panic buying. I am not sure there is fuel scarcity. People are just panicking. However, I will find out what the problem is.”

However, the Executive Secretary of the Major Energies Marketers Association of Nigeria, Clement Isong, said he was not aware of the situation as he was not in Lagos at the time of filing this report.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/06/nigerian-petroleum-company-nnpcl-blames-long-queues-fuel-scarcity-distribution-issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Righthussle: 9:14pm On Feb 06
Don't worry we'll pray about it. They said Nigeria needs more prayers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Ginik: 9:15pm On Feb 06
We are never tired of story in this country

3 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Naijanascam: 9:26pm On Feb 06
It's like Blaming is part of governance these days......

5 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Didijiji: 9:35pm On Feb 06
This fire the clueless APC government wants to ignite ehnnnn

7 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by osmosis101(m): 9:56pm On Feb 06
We hungry..local rice we managing sef don skyrocket

4 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by matify83: 9:58pm On Feb 06
Haven't we suffered enough?

Why does everything seem to be spiraling out of control these days?

With the resurgence of fuel queues, the costs of basic commodities are bound to skyrocket in price with the attendant worsening of the plight of Nigerians.

The one thing we were assured the Dangote refinery would provide us was products availability and not reduced price. So what the hell are they talking about with "supply chain or distribution issues" and why must Lagos which is the hub of petroleum refining be experiencing it also?

3 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by gift2xl: 10:02pm On Feb 06
For how long are we going to keep having reoccurring issues. Almost all bank's are having network issues. Their are something's we should have outgrown by now.

Nigeria can't bost of constant power supply, cooking gas on the high side, PMS on the high side, cement on the high side with #30,000 minimum wage.
Now I know why 90% are into fraud.

6 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06
Everyone just dey play the blame game

6 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by OgaTheTop2: 10:05pm On Feb 06
smiley
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by ezegenigbonine: 10:08pm On Feb 06
grin grin grin grin Panic buying grin grin grin

If not that we are all cowards in this country, are we supposed to witness fuel queue again after removal of subsidy?

We are all SIMP in this country including me grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Goodlady(f): 10:09pm On Feb 06
I feel like strangling your balls oga of NNPC. The queue is meaningless cos we now buy fuel at N650 or if we can queue at NNPC stations at N580, queue of suffering!
I m angry with this govt that as my period is flowing monthly will the suffering of anyone responsible for fuel scarcity ll increase!

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Jasonekah98: 10:16pm On Feb 06
From one blame to the other.
Dangote is blaming you for not having enough crude supply.
You are blaming supply chains for scarcity of fuel.
Federal government is blaming vandals for sabotaging oil installations.

Federal government is blaming GoodLuck Jonathan for security failure grin

Pure sh!t show in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Elsueno: 10:19pm On Feb 06
I almost ignored buying fuel from a mega station a few days ago....but then I figured I had some emergency fuel cash left, so I just fill...I pray the long queues disappear before my tank reached 30% woh...I no wan buy expensive fuel

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by yang(m): 10:19pm On Feb 06
If fuel no dey Lagos, fuel no dey depot for apapa

If no fuel for apapa depot, fuel no dey Nigeria

If fuel no dey Nigeria, Thiefnuinibu and Alpha beta don sell Nigeria to SPV Bahamas and use NNPC crude to pay the loan

Oga no distribution issue

Stop lying to people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Honestey: 10:28pm On Feb 06
Dear Nigerians this is not caused by opposition parties unlike the protests but by distribution issues, hurreyyyyy!
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by zoraro(m): 10:38pm On Feb 06
When is this Government going to be serious and take responsibility for once. They always have one stupid excuse or another. Totally shameless if you ask me. No backup plans or redundancy planning for absolutely anything, just excuses every time.
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by joseph1832(m): 10:39pm On Feb 06
Hian. After removing subsidy, fuel still dey scarce. Na wa oh.
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by RingRoadCartel: 10:40pm On Feb 06
zoraro:
When is this Government going to be serious and take responsibility for once. They always have one stupid excuse or another. Totally shameless if you ask me.
Useless government
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by RingRoadCartel: 10:41pm On Feb 06
The bastards will never take responsibility
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by RingRoadCartel: 10:41pm On Feb 06
Jasonekah98:
From one blame to the other.
Dangote is blaming you for not having enough crude supply.
You are blaming supply chains for scarcity of fuel.
Federal government is blaming vandals for sabotaging oil installations.

Federal government is blaming GoodLuck Jonathan for security failure grin

Pure sh!t show in Nigeria

Welcome to the blame Olympics grin

2 Likes

Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Keaton(m): 10:42pm On Feb 06
zoraro:
When is this Government going to be serious and take responsibility for once. They always have one stupid excuse or another. Totally shameless if you ask me. No backup plans or redundancy planning for absolutely anything, just excuses every time.
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Keaton(m): 10:43pm On Feb 06
Honestey:
Dear Nigerians this is not caused by opposition parties unlike the protests but by distribution issues, hurreyyyyy!
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Keaton(m): 10:43pm On Feb 06
Elsueno:
I almost ignored buying fuel from a mega station a few days ago....but then I figured I had some emergency fuel cash left, so I just fill...I pray the long queues disappear before my tank reached 30% woh...I no wan buy expensive fuel
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Keaton(m): 10:47pm On Feb 06
Honestey:
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Keaton(m): 10:47pm On Feb 06
RingRoadCartel:

RingRoadCartel:
The bastards will never take responsibility
Re: NNPCL Blames Long Queues, Fuel Scarcity On Distribution Issues by Keaton(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06
RingRoadCartel:

(1) (2) (Reply)

OBJ Imposed Unhealthy Yar'Adua On Nigeria As Punishement - Atiku / N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana / Merger Of Parties: INEC Gives Green Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.