Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate (12515 Views)

2023: APC Will Lose If You Insist On Free, Fair Elections – Wike Replies Buhari / 2023: Only God Can Stop Me From Being Atiku’s Running Mate ― Okowa / 2019: Peter Obi Speaks On Being Atiku’s Running Mate - Read Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by November1857(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
2023 Elections: Wike Debunks Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has debunked insinuations about him being the running mate to any presidential hopeful in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

According to the governor, no such agreement has been reached between him and any politician.

“Please discountenance anything you’re seeing about being VP to this and that. Discountenance all those social media talk,” he said on Tuesday during a stakeholders meeting of the Rivers State Chapter of the PDP at the Government House in Port Harcourt.

The meeting had in attendance, party executives, national and state assembly members, LG chairmen, cabinet members, and other high-ranking members of the party.

Read Also: ‘I Will Run For President If PDP Zones Ticket To South,’ Says Peter Obi

The Governor’s comments also come a day after it had been reported on some platforms that former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, was planning to pick him as a running mate ahead of the 2023 elections.

But according to Wike, members of the party in the southern region will speak in one voice and at the appropriate time, about their decision on the forthcoming election.

“The south will make a statement very soon and the day the south makes a statement, Nigeria will know that we are not joking.

“It is not to come out and say you are consulting. You say you’re consulting, yet you have declared. Is it not after consultations that you declare?”, he asked.

Meanwhile, also addressing the issue of agitations over zoning, the Governor said what is more important right now, is to focus on building a more united party.

“Those things are not necessary,” Wike said, adding; “what is necessary is that the party should be cohesive and to make sure the party gets it right.

“When you threaten that it must be north or threaten that it must be south, then you are not trying to make peace.”

He also spoke about the party’s chances to retain the Rivers State Governorship seat and the recent efforts by his administration to recover some critical assets of the state.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/02/01/2023-elections-wike-dispels-rumours-of-being-atikus-running-mate/amp/

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by November1857(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2022
All this Lagos Ibandon express news outlets with their usual fake news self.. grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Penguin2: 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2022
Wetin concern me?

If Atiku likes, let him pick Shekau as VP, we will still vote him instead Tinubu will become president.

Meanwhile, Atiku knows he and Obi won the 2019 elections except for APC abracadabra that denied them victory.

With the growing popularity of Peter Obi, Atiku knows pairing with him is the best gift he will give his presidential ambition.

Hopefully, if Buhari signs the new Electoral Bill into law, 2023 elections will be more transparent and they might just win eventually.

Especially if APC decides to waste its ticket on Tinubu.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Jostoman: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2022
We know that the news is from those Lagos APC ZOMBIE on nairaland.

13 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by GuyWise101(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2022
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yoro-moslems are seriously holding onto straws in order to make the SICK ONE President of Nigeria but all their propaganda ain't working at all.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by SarkinYarki: 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
My party is not organized enough
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by helinues: 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2022
Toh
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by LegendHero(m): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2022
This meant Peter Obi still stand a chance of being Atiku’s VP because Wike already stated clearly here that he will not be a second fiddle to Atiku.

I’m sure in 6months time, there will be clarity on all this. Until then, we just wait.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by GuyWise101(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
LegendHero:
This meant Peter Obi still stand a chance of being Atiku’s VP because Wike already stated clearly here that he will not be a second fiddle to Atiku.

I’m sure in 6months time, there will be clarity on all this. Until then, we just wait.

You have already changed tune unlike that SE has been sidelined.

No Yoruba is becoming president in 2023 mark my word.

11 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by LegendHero(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2022
GuyWise101:

You have already changed tune unlike that SE has been sidelined.

No Yoruba is becoming president in 2023 mark my word.

Lol did Wike mentioned SE in the first place? Even Pandora know this which explains why he said he will only come out if it’s zoned to the South.

Even you yourself know that a SE’ner cannot emerge in PDP where you have heavyweights like Atiku, Wike (Takbuwal), & Kwakwanso contesting.

Where will the SE’ner see the delegate votes in PDP? You think the whole North delegate will vote for a Peter Obi/Anyim?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by WhizdomXX(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good.
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by GuyWise101(m): 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol did Wike mentioned SE in the first place?

You and fellow Yoruba were rejoicing earlier on but now it has turned to gnashing of teeth as the first news has been confirmed to be fake cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Salvador1: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
The way people spread archaic news surprised me.
When did Atiku become PDP candidate to the extent of choosing wike as his running mate.
When was the primary took place.
The way westerners paddle propaganda is something Nigerians need to look into.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Chiefecho(m): 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
This one na small now
Dem never even start to dey deny
The time of denial na next year
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by DSC7: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
ZoneBs And Tinubu urchins how market?.....

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by FreestufsNG: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
wike my man
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Thisis2raw(m): 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
Apc and fake news
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Omicron007: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
LegendHero:
This meant Pandora Obi still stand a chance of being Atiku’s VP because Wike already stated clearly here that he will not be a second fiddle to Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Psalmistproject: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2022
Wike is still looking for who he will use as a weak president so he will have room to play around with the country's resources. grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by shadrach77: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
See shading grin grin
"You are consulting yet you've declared. Is it not after consultation that you declare"

Wike get bad mouth grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by hisexcellency34: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2022
Choose Wike as VP at your own risk
Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by chukwuibuipob: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2022
cool thank U WIKE.Unlike the famous HIM TU LIE grin lipsrsealed with one wristwatch lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Salvador1: 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2022
Sw are good at propaganda.

Little did they know it won't and will never make Tinubu jagabandit bullion van vagabond turn scum president.
Never

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by yamunla(m): 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2022
Na wa oo

Even VP Position will Elude Igbos in 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections: Wike Denies Rumours Of Being Atiku’s Running Mate by Jones4190(m): 9:11pm On Feb 01, 2022
If the PDP just decides to punish Atiku and zone the ticket to the south and the whole south cedes it to the SE and the zonal caucus choose me and then again the APC decides to also adopt me as their candidate, then I'll become the president unopposed....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ado Doguwa: Nigerians Must Be Allowed To Take Up Arms & Defend Themselves / Boko Haram: Army Debunks Kidnap Of 500 Women, Children In Damasak / Tambuwal & Sultan Flag-off 2016 Hajj Airlift Operation(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.