Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) (50217 Views)

Idongesit Williams Ntia, Prisons Officer Brutalises A Man Over Accident In Uyo / Native Doctor & His Pregnant Wife Killed By Cameroonian Soldiers (Graphic) / Man Poses With Don Wanny's Corpse After Being Killed By Soldiers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by teemy(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2022
jayworld15:
To the best of my view on this event.

1) They didn't stop for searching at an army checkpoint.
2) Those at that checkpoint called the one ahead.
3) From the observations above, the car is supposed to face the the officers at the second checkpoint.
4) He was shot at from behind rather than the front.

I don't get this story. I'm in the dark.

If the first officers didn't follow the vehicle, there shouldn't be the bullet spot at the back of the victim's head but rather the front OR did the bullet change direction like 180degree change OR what?

Someone should clear me on this.

If the checkpoint in front fired that shot from his back, that means they also did not stop at the second checkpoint.

3 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by wallarwallar(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2022
None of Niegeria security outfit act proffesionally. Why can't he stop for search for God sake jst becos he's an officer of correctional facility and dat pride killed him. Why wud the soldiers open fire when they are not under threat. All Nigeria security outfit are more dangerous than armed robbers . If u see armed robber u can run if possible or at worst they robbed u and let u go but u can't predict the action of dose official criminal in uniform.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by supereagle(m): 10:28am On Feb 02, 2022
Nigeria don peme. No value for human life. Some countries value even dog life talkless human life.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Waheed60: 10:28am On Feb 02, 2022
Why is death so cheap in Nigiria? May God place us back right thinking
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2022
iReddington:
All of you shouting why they didn't stop and identify themselves at the first checkpoint, where you guys there? Even if they didn't, does that mean they should be gunned down at sight, where's the rules lf engagement. Nigerian Security Forces go just tell una anything and una go believe.
Go 2 America mak American police tell u mak u stop by blowing Alarm from de back mak u no stop, mak i knw ur fate,
American police release bullets in such Cases without tinkin twice, especially when u ar black

3 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
why didn't they stop and identify themselves? Remember they escaped d first checkpoint

God bless you. Now they have corrected him.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by CaptainFM1: 10:29am On Feb 02, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why don't you guys censor pictures like this tho? undecided
What's wrong with the OP huh?
You need some whooping.. undecided

You are right. This is why I'm in support of social media control. Imagine the news of his demise breaking to the family from Nairaland!
The family should atleast be honoured a little.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:30am On Feb 02, 2022
CaptainFM1:

You are right. This is why I'm in support of social media control. Imagine the news of his demise breaking to the family from Nairaland!
The family should atleast be honoured a little.
Telling you..this ain't good..at least blurr it.. cry
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2022
mccloud224:
Police,Army and whatever force out there are the same and its no fault of theirs. Its is the duty of the masses to hold the govt accountable for any shortcomings in govt. There is NO good govt anywhere in the world...its the constant protests/agitations/riots that made Europe,America and Asia great today.
Common sense ain't common.

Go and read the news. He refused to stop at a check point in a bandit riddled state like Kaduna.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by ariesbull: 10:31am On Feb 02, 2022
Why can't he stop
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by rollywise(m): 10:32am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
why didn't they stop and identify themselves? Remember they escaped d first checkpoint

And this is the best way to go about it? Couldn't they block the road instead to ensure they stop? I even blame the vehicle occupants. Maybe they don't live in this country to know everyone and everything has gone insane. See were stubbornness landed them. But don't also forget those bandits who kidnap for ransom dress like soldiers to get people to stop and fall prey
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by andyanders: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
Exactly. It's not the fault of the soldiers that shot them. It's their fault. Nobody should blame the army on this.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2022
Mycometp3:
Why are our military officers so daft like this ..you shoot someone is not a criminal just like that because he refuse to stop..they don't even know if the man was rushing to attend to an emergency..God why... His children, wife , relative .. God! This could happen to anybody
Go 2 America mak American police tell u mak u stop by blowing Alarm from de back mak u no stop, mak i knw ur fate,
American police release bullets in such Cases without tinkin twice, especially when u ar black
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Onliie(m): 10:34am On Feb 02, 2022
wamide042:
Lot of things are wrong here..
First .. the ID card seems not legit
Secondly: i guess the surname should be Bawa and not the O.O. Please who has initials as Surname.
Thirdly: Refusing to slow down or stopping at a checkpoint is a very big Red flag.. even if you’re carrying contrabands the moment you slow down at a checkpoint and behave yourself you might be lucky to go scot free..
Lastly.. Soldiers are trained to ‘shoot to kill’ not to ‘disarm’ .. they’re not the Police..

Soldiers are trained to kill. See nonsense talk. There are many things soldiers are trained to do. There are rules of engagement in every circumstances. We justify crime in this country because we have a coward mentality. Was the murdered the one behind the wheel? Do you know if he was telling the driver to stop? The soldier shot the man because of superiority complex of Nigerian army not because they pose any threat. Stop talking like a conquered fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 02, 2022
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

Useless ill trained security operatives....can't they aim at demobilising the vehicle instead of the fatal shot...due to no severe punitive measures these blood thirsty killers continue in their mad rampage unabated.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by yusluvad(m): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2022
Disheartening...

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2022
Refusing to stop and search where there are soldiers wielding deadly weapons in a volatile region is not a good decision.

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2022
Angrygoat:
No matter my speed,I must stop for the NA. U SEE TGE ONES WEY DEY WEAR red cap,the day one slap me, na small remain I for display.
Red caps are military police, they are the ones in charge of arresting other soldiers among them who misbehave.

2 Likes

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by westerngezy(m): 10:40am On Feb 02, 2022
Exactly, no regard for human life why not demobilize the car then if they open fire return. I feel so sad for how this country has turned out to be and why are soldiers still on our highway and major roads??
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Delightedonyi: 10:40am On Feb 02, 2022
Una this country I give up
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by nnamdi640: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2022
greatness77:
Don't draw your conclusion from one side. Those guys in uniform knows how to tell lies alot.

1 Like

Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Help2020: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2022
cassidyjosh:
Correctional Officer Fired And Killed By Soldiers, Graphic Images

crya correctional officer was shot at by men of the NIGERIAN army on his way back from Abuja. The officer was with one other civilian who was driving the car which they were in a Toyota venza, they duol were said to have refused to stop for a search when the approached a barricade by the army ; the men at the point informed another search group ahead of the incoming vehicle and while they got to gonigora they officers fired at them killing the officer at spot with a shot to the back of his head
Why did they refused to stop?
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by skyblue4real(m): 10:42am On Feb 02, 2022
Family matter.
But the guy suppose to stop na.

The military, must you kill people that way?
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by jude33084(m): 10:42am On Feb 02, 2022
Died wearing Green White Green!

Nigeria!
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by akdjr(m): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2022
One thing I have learn in Nigeria road with security check point especially Benin Ore Road is to stop and present my vehicle document whenever any security officer requested for it. Except I am not ask to stop. It doesn't take more than 10mins if at all it's even up to for them to be through with you.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 10:51am On Feb 02, 2022
So...not stopping at a checkpoint is a capital offense in Nigeria punishable by death ?

I don't joke with any military checkpoint...i slow down, off music, off AC, wind down all 4 windows...humble myself and shout "morning sir"

Nigeria is a jungle!
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Richardforreal: 10:51am On Feb 02, 2022
The civillian who drove the car killed him. Why couldn't he have waited for a stop and search when he saw the army. How I wish he was the one the bullet met.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Calicoe: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2022
Foreigna2:

What do you know about rules of engagement?
How do you intercept a bomb-laden vehicle driven by jihadists without shooting?
Shoot the tyre so the bomb can be successfully detonated?
So because they evaded the first check point means the second check point should just open fire at them without any attempt to try and stop them first.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by mabeni(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2022
He killed himself. Why did he refuse to stop at the check point if he had nothing to hide with the current security challenges of our country? Because you're an officer does not make you above stop and search or law of the Land.
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by uptownemmygee(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2022
Why not shoot the tyre instead
All the armed forces in Nigeria are not well trained
Naso one NDLEA stab my guy for bayelsa toll gate bcoz we refuse him searching our car unless he shows us some ID
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Albertone(m): 10:59am On Feb 02, 2022
KingMack:
Haba!! Person father and wife

Who is his Husband ?
Re: Prisons Officer, O.O Bawa Shot Dead By Soldiers (Graphic Photos) by Albertone(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2022
Calicoe:

So because they evaded the first check point means the second check point should just open fire at them without any attempt to try and stop them first.

So that he can escape the second checkpoint again abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Declared 'Ikanda' Wanted, N1Million Reward Involved.Photos / I Raped Her At Gunpoint To Regain My Respect - Rapist Tells Police / Mum Let Man Sleep In Her Teenage Daughter’s Bed And Perform Sex Acts On Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.