Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign (6223 Views)

Gombe APC Expels Danjuma Goje For "Hobnobbing" With Opposition Parties / POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke / Alleged Fraud: Atiku, Gana, Others Visit Jang In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Kwanza: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2022
The crises rocking the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Gombe State took a new dimension on Wednesday night with the resignation of a former Commissioner for health, Dr. Ahmed Gana; the Special Adviser to the Governor on Social Investment, Mrs. Dijjatu Bappa and a party stalwart, Dr. Jamil Isyaka Gwamna.

The resignation of Bappa and Gwamna is coming on the heel of the defection of Dr. Ahmed Gana to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) two days ago.

Bappa, in her letter dated February 1st 2022 to the Governor, said the resignation was with immediate effect.

She did not state the reason for her resignation but simply told the Governor she had terminated her service.

Gombe business mogul and APC stalwart Dr. Jamil Gwamna also resigned from the party.

Gwamna was a governorship aspirant of the opposition PDP in 2019 general elections.

He defected in 2019 to APC with his supporters to pave way for Governor Inuwa Yahaya’s election.

Gwamna was also a strong stalwart who contested against former Governor Danjuma Goje in the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party, (ANPP) in 2007.

In his letter of resignation addressed to Jekadafari ward APC Chairman, Dr Gwamna said his decision to resign from the APC was after wide consultations with his family, political associates and supporters.

The letter reads: “I write with all sense of humility and respect to notify you of my decision to resign from the ruling All Progressives Congress.
“I took the decision after wide consultations with my family, political associates and my supporters.

“I appreciate all the privileges I enjoyed in the party while I was a member and I wish the party well.”

Unlike Gana who has crossed to the PDP, Gwamna kept mute on his next political move although there are indications from some of supporters that he may be returning to the PDP.

Confirming the resignation letter through a telephone interview, Gwamna’s media consultant Dahiru Hassan Kera, said the letter was authentic.
https://thenationonlineng.net/gombe-apc-crisis-worsens-as-special-adviser-others-resign/

Today, I formally resigned from the All Progressives Congress, APC.

I thank all my supporters and political associates.

And I also urge them to remain calm and wait for our next step which would be in the best interest of our dear State, Gombe.

Thank you all.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=336251735176327&id=100063745081134

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Xscape1993(m): 11:10am On Feb 02, 2022
My prophecies are indeed coming to pass. More double portions of crisis and factions still awaiting the evil party. Before 2023, there would be nothing like APC in Nigeria again.

17 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Jostoman: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2022
Xscape1993:
My prophecies are indeed coming passing. More double portions of crisis and factions still awaiting the evil party. Before 2023, there would be nothing like APC in Nigeria again.
amen o

3 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Jostoman: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2022
Very good, APC is a Useless party, all they know how to do best is attacking opposition members

6 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by tutudesz: 11:37am On Feb 02, 2022
Run for safety O! Before the National Beating start
All Progressives Crisis Party

7 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Coded081(m): 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
More to come
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by ChangetheChange: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
Enmass to PDP alongside Danjuma Goje..
Gombe State going back to PDP

6 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by tutudesz: 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
All Progressives Crisis grin

3 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by NotBeenPaid: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2022
Xscape1993:
My prophecies are indeed coming to pass. More double portions of crisis and factions still awaiting the evil party. Before 2023, there would be nothing like APC in Nigeria again.

3 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by osuofia2(m): 12:55pm On Feb 02, 2022
smiley
Expect more of this. Atiku 2023.
Insha Allah.
The North must complete their used term by the South to balance the equation .

6 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Danny287(m): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
APC wahala
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by kayusely70(m): 1:03pm On Feb 02, 2022
They apparently want to stylishly destroy the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by id4sho(m): 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
tutudesz:
vawulence cheesy
tutudesz:
vawulence
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Thatdopekelly(m): 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2022
Anything to see APC and PDP go down is a welcome development grin
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by Shikini: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2022
In 2015 when Buhari took over, one satchet water was #5 on the streets of Lagos. Today it is #20.

Buhari is a curse to Nigeria.
APC is a devilish party

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by zigzagluv: 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
why you like causing problem , You think you can hide, You an igbo man , hiding under a Muslim and northern identity to spread hare
osuofia2:
smiley
Expect more of this. Atiku 2023.
Insha Allah.
The North must complete their used term by the South to balance the equation .
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by b3llo(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
APC is dead and gone in Gombe. We say no fanatical and tyrannical regime.

4 Likes

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by uhulexy: 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
Shikini:
In 2015 when Buhari took over, one satchet water was #5 on the streets of Lagos. Today it is #20.

Buhari is a curse to Nigeria.
APC is a devilish party
Asweare
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by slivertongue: 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Kai, why is goje doing this to APC? He should move on and leave the party in peace
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by fatherjesse(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
It is redding.
Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by DMerciful(m): 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
If PDP picks a Northerner, the mass defection to PDP in the North will be massive

1 Like

Re: Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign by PrinceOfLagos: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2022
Nigerians curses already working on APC

(1) (Reply)

Electricity: FG Targets 6000 Megawatts By End Of 2024 / MISSING $20BILLION Can Build 10 Burj Khalifa ─ FASHOLA / Legal Method Of Obtaining Personal Police Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.