Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke (26159 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Gombe APC Crisis Worsens As Ahmed Gana, Others Resign / Alleged Fraud: Atiku, Gana, Others Visit Jang In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by chigozie2018(m): 8:18am On Oct 07, 2018
Former Governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, has emerged presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) for the 2019 general elections.

According to NAN, Duke polled 812 votes to defeat his close rival, former Minister of Information, Prof. Jerry Gana, who polled 611 votes at the party’s National Convention held at Old Parade Ground, Abuja.

The Convention Returning Officer, Dr Abdul Isiaq, declaring the results of the presidential primary election at the early hours of Sunday, said Mr. John Dara, former Special Assistant to Lt. General Theophilus Danjuma, former Defence Minister, scored 104 votes.

He also announced that former Ambassador and former Minister, Prof. Iyorwuese Hagher

polled 72 votes; former Ambassador, Felix Osakwe scored 10 votes, while the number of invalid votes was 63.

Duke in his acceptance speech, described his emergence as collective victory for all aspirants that participated in the contest, as well for the party and the nation.

He said that primary was just a step in the contest, saying he will go through the nation to campaign and sell the party and it’s polices to citizens.

Duke called for the support of all aspirants, the party officials and Nigerians to win 2019 general election, saying “we will reawaken in Nigerians that yearning that we are destined to be, but we cannot do this alone.”

He said that Nigeria was not a divided nation but a country of common purpose.

“What divides us is inadequacy and wants, because in the face of this survival of the fittest comes in, which ought not to be so because there is more than enough for everyone.”

He said if Nigerians were productive and abide by rules and regulations, the nation would grow from strength to strength.

“This is what good governance is all about and that is what I stand for,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2018/10/07/2019-donald-duke-floors-jerry-gana-others-win-sdp-residential-ticket/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by nnachukz(m): 8:21am On Oct 07, 2018
These guys are just playing the spoiler (Omisore politics), they know they can't win. Let's just join hand together to remove this tyrant in Aso Rock first.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by 1x2x3: 8:28am On Oct 07, 2018
Residential ticke or Presidential ticket? Admin correct the title. A mod is under annoiting this morning grin

Buhari, your residence is about to be taken over.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by CuteMadridista: 8:29am On Oct 07, 2018
"Residential Ticke"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Valro(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Duke effed up. This 2019 would have been a good opportunity to announce his weight in the ring of national politics despite knowing he cannot win in 2019,but joining a political party that can't do this for him was a mistake

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Exquirejnr: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Nice... The competition gets stronger by the day... waiting on pdp flagbearer like kilode.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Wizkhalifa2(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2018
Residential?

Na Landlord Association?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Shelumiel: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2018
The SDP is going nowhere .
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Shortyy(f): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2018
What is SDP please? Mr Duke you fvcked up big time. You had a better chance of winning this presidential election if you had gone to any of the ruling parties. I'm not in support of any of the ruling parties ofcoz, but as long as you've got something to offer, it's all good. But you went to an unknown party, now tell me How'd you win? Err Duke?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Xisnin(m): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2018
You won't get more than 10k votes. Waste of time.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by rxmusa(m): 8:33am On Oct 07, 2018
Exercise in futility

11 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2018
A good candidate

2 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by BigGuyMan01: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2018
Shortyy:
What is SDP please? Mr Duke you fvcked up big time. You had a better chance of winning this presidential election if you had gone to any of the ruling parties. I'm not in support of any of the ruling parties ofcoz, but as long as you've got something to offer, it's all good. But you went to an unknown party, now tell me How'd you win? Err Duke?
Shut up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Omeokachie: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2018
Dividing the votes that is needed to liberate Nigeria and Nigerians from current lack of direction and bad leadership.

5 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by CChillz: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2018
"Residential Ticke" OP what do you wish for Donald duke now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by franchasng: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2018
It hurts to see how foolish Nigerians are dividing themselves to the advantage of Tyrant Buhari to easily rig himself into power in 2019 angry

Don't these guys know that to defeat an incumbent President in Nigeria, u need total alliance + money + numbers to stop the incumbency rigging mercenaries

ANN, SDP, APT, UDP, etc ought to sit down one place and go merge with PDP and reach a consensus if they are truly ready to stop APC's already rigged presidential election next year!

Buhari and APC have no time for free and fair election, they have rigged the election already so votes won't count. Just gather yourselves together and form strong political alliance to stop Buhari's rigging.

Once u guys can join efforts and stop Buhari's rigging, anybody can win because majority of Nigerians will rather die than vote hardship Nuhart as President again.

But with all these scatter scatter parties u people have formed, Buhari will definitely rig himself into power come 2019 cry

14 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by zlantanfan: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2018
I hope my fellow southerns seeking to remove buhari because of nepotism/incompetence can now join us to vote Donald duke who is a competent Christian Southern.

Anything other than this would portray these persons as hypothetical hausa-fulani-afonja moslem piss drinking slaves

3 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by HarryDuce(m): 8:35am On Oct 07, 2018
Good for him.

He should try again in 2023 because Buhari has no competition come 2019. That's reality.

He's honest Sha, that's one reason winning would be difficult. Nigerians prefer those who lie to their faces.

5 Likes

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by benflin(m): 8:37am On Oct 07, 2018
Residential Ticket at where oo cry grin

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by fratermathy(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2018
Notice me Presidential candidate cheesy. Like I said with Sowore, Nigeria is not mature as a nation for someone like Duke. Let him just create awareness and hope that some magic happens to change Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 07, 2018
Valro:
Duke effed up. This 2019 would have been a good opportunity to announce his weight in the ring of national politics despite knowing he cannot win in 2019,but joining a political party that can't do this for him was a mistake
this would not have been an issue if the electorate were more concerned about voting a credible candidate than looking for big parties that can give them 1k when they present their white handkerchief undecided.

Until we look beyond big party names we will keep recycling old thieves who have hijacked the mandate of big parties.

I for one believe he will make a fine president, but majority of the electorate are not concerned about that, I guess rice and money is more important undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by AreaFada2: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2018
1x2x3:
Residential ticke or Presidential ticket? Admin correct the title. A mod is under annoiting this morning grin

Buhari, your residence is about to be taken over.

Na presidential tickle. Tickle to cause laughter because Duke is a clown. grin cheesy

He was so jealous of GEJ that he lost his senses. Power does not belong to man. He will never smell power at the centre.

1 Like

Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Ogaga87(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2018
Mr Gay President, my dick for my voters card and my ass for the ballot paper..

Come and waste some savings bro..
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by walichenko: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2018
Shortyy:
shut up
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by tunchi014(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2018
Shortyy:
... sdp? unknown party? is mko unknown too?
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by chrisxxx(m): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2018
Like being on the ground when pinning another on the ground. They are all on the ground including Duke.
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by slivertongue: 8:54am On Oct 07, 2018
walk over for APC &PDP
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by millhouse: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2018
Shelumiel:
The SDP is going nowhere .
I tire ooo .. when some people Dey get 14million vote for Primaries.. SDP winner Dey get 800 votes
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Chikpat(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2018
Maka why?
Why will SDP reduce Nigeria to a community ward?
Re: POLITICS2019: Donald Duke Floors Jerry Gana, Others To Win SDP Residential Ticke by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2018
Welcome 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s New National Airline To Commence Operation This Year – Minister / Atiku, Peter Obi Absent As Tribunal Delivers Judgment / Civil Servant Eating Amala And Fish While On Duty At Lagos High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.