Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction (5098 Views)

Gov Obaseki Faction Loses In Appeal Court To Orbih/wike Faction / Osun APC Guber Primary Lacks Credibility – Aregbesola’s Faction / Kano APC Crisis: Ganduje’s Faction Loses In Court, Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by fergie001: 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
garfield1:

The court has settled the matter.this is the right judgment and this is what the Hugh court in kano should have ruled.anyway,the appellate courts will correct that mistake.all pending court cases against buni faction will end same way...cc penguin2,
Consensus Committee is alien to the Electoral Act & APC Constitution.

I still think the Appeal should succeed on territorial jurisdiction.
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by seunmsg(m): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
Rauf should get down from his high horse. His time is up and this is Oyetola’s time. He should get behind the governor and stop playing a game that leads nowhere.
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by garfield1: 3:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:

Consensus Committee is alien to the Electoral Act & APC Constitution.

I still think the Appeal should succeed on territorial jurisdiction.

What was the meat of the case?the judge clearly said such matters are not justifiable after all the nwc accepted them
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by garfield1: 3:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
obinoral1179:
Our judiciary are cashing out with the help of politicians.... The Kano judge need to be investigate...

Gbam
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by fergie001: 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
garfield1:
What was the meat of the case?the judge clearly said such matters are not justifiable after all the nwc accepted them
The Courts have been clear that internal affairs of a Party are non-justiciable only if the Constitution of the Party and Electoral Act is followed.

I said the Appeal has some merits if the grounds of territorial jurisdiction is contested.
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by garfield1: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:

The Courts have been clear that internal affairs of a Party are non-justiciable only if the Constitution of the Party and Electoral Act is followed.

I said the Appeal has some merits if the grounds of territorial jurisdiction is contested.

No,the jurisdiction the judge is referring to is not territorial but in powers that is the matter not being justifiable.he can only have jurisdiction if it touches on section 87 of the electoral act... Even though,the supreme court frowns at disobedience to party constitution, it does not like delving into such matters.it is discretionary and delves in when it pertains to nwc or to primaries.it is better to stay off such cases
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by fergie001: 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
garfield1:
No,the jurisdiction the judge is referring to is not territorial but in powers that is the matter not being justifiable.he can only have jurisdiction if it touches on section 87 of the electoral act... Even though,the supreme court frowns at disobedience to party constitution, it does not like delving into such matters.it is discretionary and delves in when it pertains to nwc or to primaries.it is better to stay off such cases
I am talking about Kano not Osun. The Judge in Osun was right/

I am saying that the Court had no territorial jurisdiction to rule on it. The Ward Congress of Kano State is within the Kano territory and should have been handled by the High Court of Kano State or Federal High Court, Kano not the FHC @ Abuja. This case was handled in Abuja.

The Supreme Court has been vehement on it.
If Ganduje's lawyers argued extensively on that in the original case, then they will get a favourable response from the CoA.

Once the issue of jurisdiction is affirmed....every other case becomes academic and the Appeal will be upheld.
Re: Osun APC Ward Congress: Aregbesola Faction Loses As Court Declines Jurisdiction by garfield1: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
fergie001:

I am talking about Kano not Osun. The Judge in Osun was right/

I am saying that the Court had no territorial jurisdiction to rule on it. The Ward Congress of Kano State is within the Kano territory and should have been handled by the High Court of Kano State or Federal High Court, Kano not the FHC @ Abuja. This case was handled in Abuja.

The Supreme Court has been vehement on it.
If Ganduje's lawyers argued extensively on that in the original case, then they will get a favourable response from the CoA.

Once the issue of jurisdiction is affirmed....every other case becomes academic and the Appeal will be upheld.

Whatever be the case,ganduje will triumph eventually.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Back In The Days: PEJ Graduating From School (Picture) / Why I Think A Biafra May Not Work - At Least Not Right Now. / Are Nigerians Better Off Today Under Buhari Than 4 Years Ago? - Sen Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.