Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,444 members, 7,836,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency (15073 Views)

Apologise To Southern Govs, Step Down As Atiku’s Running Mate, Clark Tells Okowa / Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Aliyu, Others Rebuffed Jonathan’s Pleas In 2014 – Wike / Saraki Is Campaigning For Tambuwal Not For Himself! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Bluntemperor: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
Chijeep:
Should we be surprised?

This is a great advice... though many are qualified but options are limited.
A word is enough for the wise

Chief Clark is just being factual but those he mentioned have amassed so much money that they would throw to the Nigerian gullible voters hence they wouldn't burge!
In a normal state, conscience should guide our activities but they have footsoldiers who also wants to chop.We are far from the truth!

1 Like

Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by DMerciful(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
In all honesty, there no zone as South! We have 6 geopolitical zones!
Bounceboune7:
Everyone is saying power comes to the south but some southerners are insisting power goes to the north cos they know fully well that if it comes to the south they don't stand a chance cos they have created more enemies for themselves

As u lay your bed so u lie on it
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by sotall(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bounceboune7:
y don't u build reasonable bridges so u can have support too?
U insult everyone n right now shame dey catch u,u don't know how to beg them for vote

U igbos are d greatest hypocrite in Nigeria, u insult others for the same thing u do joyfully.
What do u mean by betrayal

All southerners followed fulani

U followed atiku n yorubas follow buhari both fulanis so what's betrayal about that?

Yorubas and igbos did the same thing,the only difference is that the igbos lost out.

So what's betrayal in that?

If u call yorubas betrayal for following fulani,please what will u call yourself that followed fulani too?

Please reply

In 2015 who followed Fulani?

Just look at the rubbish you wrote up there twisting 2015 with 2019.

Bridge-builder continue building your bridge to the north.

South south and south east are waiting for 2023 to support a northern candidate.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Startakers: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
Power is sweet but Equity foster National Unity.

1 Like

Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by DMerciful(m): 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
If you're gonna quote him, quote him correctly.

He said if the South can not unite to push a candidate, he'll support Saraki. He knows that without Southern unity, they can't win the North.

Hope you're cleared now?
iyatrustee:
This Clark sef! Didn't we read recently that he will support the candidacy of Saraki if no one from the south contest?

Pale dey talk with two sides of his mouth cheesy
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by sotall(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
perambulator:

I don't know if Atiku can win but as I said, they won't win with a Southern candidate....100% guaranteed!!
Exactly! PDP cant win with a Southern candidate.

And for those following the PDP zoning arrangement, its the turn of the North to rule.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
sotall:

Exactly! PDP cant win with a Southern candidate.

And for those following the PDP zoning arrangement, its the turn of the North to rule.

I already said that in my 1st post
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by sotall(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
perambulator:

I already said that in my 1st post

The point i addressed in your first post is what you called " the right thing".

For PDP , the right thing is to win the election and not to bring the presidency to the south.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Bounceboune7: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
sotall:

South south and south east are waiting for 2023 to support a northern candidate.
south south have left your hating ass behind,u can see how vocal wike,Clark and co are about southern presidency n just know for sure that APC n pdp will never field any igbo as President or vp, but south south will b well carried along in both parties.

U people are playing politics of hate n bitterness which have never favoured u.

If yorubas will cry igbos will cry twice
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by sotall(m): 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bounceboune7:
south south have left your hating ass behind,u can see how vocal wike,Clark and co are about southern presidency n just know for sure that APC n pdp will never field any igbo as President or vp, but south south will b well carried along in both parties.

U people are playing politics of hate n bitterness which have never favoured u.

If yorubas will cry igbos will cry twice

Mumu!

Go and check the voting pattern of South south and south East in 2015 and 2019.

In 2019, despite south south not having presidential or vice-presidential candidate in the two major party, the PDP won the APC in the region.

You want to do divide and conquer?

Sorry South south and south East are United on many fronts including politics. South West is the betrayer in the south.

The game Southwest played in 2015 is about to backfire.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
sotall:

The point i addressed in your first post is what you called " the right thing".

For PDP , the right thing is to win the election and not to bring the presidency to the south.

That's a moral question for the PDP considering their narrative as an inclusive party (umbrella) and its support base in the SE. But like we both agree they cant achieve both.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Nicenixon: 3:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Dooblii:
Help us beg them oo
beg who? Na their brain go tell them the right thing to do or is it you or me that is ready to vote another northern?, it can be possible.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Deadlytruth(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2022
shinealight:

I’m still wondering how your VP is going to vie for the APC ticket considering there’s a constitutional provision that requires any aspirant to resign his/her position in government if they wish to contest. I hope the VP is ready to resign first o! grin grin
I doubt if he’ll be stupid enough to do that….but you never know!
The constitution demands a resignation from the civil service before vying for elective office and not from an elective office before vying for another elective office.

1 Like

Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by MrUchenna1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2022
They thinks of changing Nigeria, but no one of them is a changed man. LOOTERS EVERY WHERE!
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by aribisala0(m): 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
sotall:

In 1960 who folowed Fulani
In 1965 who followed Fulani
In 1979 who followed Fulani
In 1983 who followed Fulan
In 1999 who followed Fulani?

Eboes Earnestly Follow Fulani
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by shinealight(m): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Deadlytruth:
The constitution demands a resignation from the civil service before vying for elective office and not from an elective office before vying for another elective office.

Nothing says we cannot try am…hehehehe grin grin. Let him resign nah….if he’s sure he has a large following!
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by sotall(m): 4:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
aribisala0:

In 1960 who folowed Fulani
In 1965 who followed Fulani
In 1979 who followed Fulani
In 1983 who followed Fulan
In 1999 who followed Fulani?

Eboes Earnestly Follow Fulani

You know the funny thing...anyone against Yoruba presidency is immediately tagged Igbo.

Grand delusion from many of you.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by shinealight(m): 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2022
aribisala0:
Which part of the constitution is this? Can you please cite it

It does not apply to Presidents, Governors or Senators

I think you might be thinking of political appointees like Ministers or commissioners Not elected ones also
I do not know if that is in the constitution or a convention

The bit about Public Servants resigning 30 days before vying for elective office is not just a convention but is right there in the Constitution …Section 137, (1) (g). In any case, Elective office or not, they’re all “public servants” in the strict sense of the word and should have the decency not to sit in judgment over matters where they have personal interests with access to information that could put other contestants at a disadvantage. Greedy and shameless lot!
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by aribisala0(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
shinealight:

The bit about Public Servants resigning 30 days before vying for elective office is not just a convention but is right there in the Constitution …Section 197, (1) (g). In any case, Elective office or not, they’re all “public servants” in the strict sense of the word and should have the decency not to sit in judgment over matters where they have personal interests with access to information that could put other contestants at a disadvantage. Greedy and shameless lot!
Are you sure you are quoting the right section? Maybe you can share a link
This is what I found in Section 197 . I cannot find what you are saying

197. (1) There shall be established for each State of the Federation the following bodies, namely -

(a) State Civil Service Commission;

(b) State Independent Electoral Commission; and

(c) State Judicial Service Commission.

(2) The composition and powers of each body established by subsection (1) of this section are as set out in Part II of the Third Schedule to this Constitution.

(3) In appointing Chairmen and members of boards and governing bodies of statutory corporations and companies in which the Government of the State has controlling shares or interests and councils of Universities, Colleges and other institutions of higher learning, the Governor shall conform with the provisions of section 14(4) of this Constitution.

198. Except in the case of ex-officio members or where other provisions are made in this Constitution, the Chairman and

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm
This sounds emotional. Not sure how "decency" is defined or what they are "sitting in judgment " on
So are you saying that the President/Governor should resign if he wants to contest for a second term
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by shinealight(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
aribisala0:
Are you sure you are quoting the right section? Maybe you can share a link
This is what I found in Section 197 . I cannot find what you are saying

197. (1) There shall be established for each State of the Federation the following bodies, namely -

(a) State Civil Service Commission;

(b) State Independent Electoral Commission; and

(c) State Judicial Service Commission.

(2) The composition and powers of each body established by subsection (1) of this section are as set out in Part II of the Third Schedule to this Constitution.

(3) In appointing Chairmen and members of boards and governing bodies of statutory corporations and companies in which the Government of the State has controlling shares or interests and councils of Universities, Colleges and other institutions of higher learning, the Governor shall conform with the provisions of section 14(4) of this Constitution.

198. Except in the case of ex-officio members or where other provisions are made in this Constitution, the Chairman and

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm
This sounds emotional. Not sure how "decency" is defined or what they are "sitting in judgment " on
So are you saying that the President/Governor should resign if he wants to contest for a second term

Section 137 (1) (g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended). Why should your so-called People’s Constitution make one rule for appointees and another for elected officers? Are they not all Public Servants? Anyway, that’s what happens when a Constitution is just foisted on the people without debate. It may be understandable if the elected persons are seeking second term in office but not when they’ve completed their two terms and are seeking a completely different position which is also being contested for by others who are not so privileged. They should be made to resign first! You cannot tell me he will not gain undue advantage over the other contestants by sitting there!
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by aribisala0(m): 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
shinealight:

Section 137 (1) (g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended). Why should your so-called People’s Constitution make one rule for appointees and another for elected officers? Are they not all Public Servants? Anyway, that’s what happens when a Constitution is just foisted on the people without debate. It may be understandable if the elected persons are seeking second term in office but not when they’ve completed their two terms and are seeking a completely different position which is also being contested for by others who are not so privileged. They should be made to resign first! You cannot tell me he will not gain undue advantage over the other contestants by sitting there!
Have you got a link for the constitution

I can find it in the constitution
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by shinealight(m): 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
aribisala0:
Have you got a link for the constitution

I can find it in the constitution

The Constitution and the Electoral Act are very explicit on disqualification of candidates for elections. For the presidential election, Section 137 (1) (g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) provides that “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of the president if being a person employed in the civil or public service of the Federation or of any State, he has not resigned, withdrawn or retired from the employment at least thirty days before the date of the election.”
For election into the Senate or the House of Representatives, Section 66 (1) (f) of the Constitution says that “No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if he is a person employed in the public service of the Federation or of any State and has not resigned, withdrawn or…..

Check it out!!
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by aribisala0(m): 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2022
shinealight:

The Constitution and the Electoral Act are very explicit on disqualification of candidates for elections. For the presidential election, Section 137 (1) (g) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) provides that “A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of the president if being a person employed in the civil or public service of the Federation or of any State, he has not resigned, withdrawn or retired from the employment at least thirty days before the date of the election.”
For election into the Senate or the House of Representatives, Section 66 (1) (f) of the Constitution says that “No person shall be qualified for election to the Senate or the House of Representatives if he is a person employed in the public service of the Federation or of any State and has not resigned, withdrawn or…..

Check it out!!
Those words you have produced do not say what you claimed .

They do not exclude elected officials ,

I am not sure if they exclude appointees like Miniisters , Chiefs of staff etc (I assume they do)
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by mediainc: 6:31am On Feb 03, 2022
Phock2sweet:
Who are you this Clark?
His people listen to him, he stands by his people.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by Letzgo: 12:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Bounceboune7:
where did I mention igbo in my comment?

Guilty conscience dey worry u,after making everyone your enemy n u know they won't vote for u so now u want micro zoning.

Micro zoning has never been practiced since we returned to democracy n it can't starr now.

Go out there, contest with other candidates n if u win u have it

No one is enemy to ndi Igbo , only in your evil imagination do such exist , meanwhile, both APC and PDP are national parties if which membership is not limited to any ethnic group.
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by KILLTHECOWS(f): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
flokii:

Oga go and sleep.. nobody will micro-zone anything to SE.

No zone has ever gotten presidency on a platter of gold and SE won't get it that way either.. if you want presidency, select your candidate and let him/her contest with other zones in the South.

If Wike for example gets PDP ticket, Tinubu gets APC and an Igbo gets APGA and Wike emergers winner.. then fine and good. If it's Tinubu or the Igbo, then we have to accept like that. But coming out to issue threats and blackmail to Nigerians won't work.
it's either south east or north will keep it forever...
Re: Clark Tells Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal Not To Run For Presidency by KILLTHECOWS(f): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
This forum should ban tinubu forever from participating in any southern politics for his role in 2015 if we are to take them serious ..
Osibanjo and others can contest but tinubu should be banned indefinitely...but if he is to contest,let everyone contest,be it north or south...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu To Appear In Court Tuesday / Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy / How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.