Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days (18597 Views)

Mubarak Bala: Soyinka Accuses Ganduje Of Hypocrisy Over Atheist’s Imprisonment / Blasphemy: Mubarak Bala Detained Since February Over Facebook Post / Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Blue3k(m): 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
bluefilm:
So mubarak still dey sef?

I been dey think say the man don murd since.

Nope too many eyes on him. They're just going to drag the case forever. The state taking ten months to charge him should be grounds for unconditional release. Its just a kidnapping at that point.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Theunbothered: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2022
Luckysbab:

The government has the right to curb actions that are liable to cause public disturbance.

If someone comes out to start making posts about how Boko Haram should spread to other regions, he should be left alone, because of "human rights"?!

Stop blaming the victim, if Muslims can't hear different views without bloodshed then they are the problem!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Blue3k(m): 7:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
Raxxye:
1.Who is Mubarak Bala?
2. What did he post on Facebook that warranted his arrest and detention for so long without trial?
3. Is this Buhari regime really suppressive and against press freedom, free speech and expression of the citizens' fundamental human rights?
4. What is blasphemy and what part of the Nigerian Constitution prescribes punishment for blasphemy?

These are the questions on my mind begging for answers.

1. That's explained in the article
2. Screenshot below
3. Obviously he is against all that. He ignored the atheist open letters and refuses to intervene in the case.

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2022

A ruling on Bala’s petition for bail is expected in the coming months as the case proceeds to trial
After spending 644 days in detention, they are yet to given bail shocked
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Luckysbab: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
backbencher:
]

On facebook...it's not like the guy went and forced people at gunpoint to renounce their religion.

Seriously, when Muslims , and no I am not here to attack Islam, start responding violently to all sorts of provocations, it plays into the hands of your enemies who wish to portray you as anarchic violent people. There is a time to simply ignore people.

He wasn't in the Army, plus you can leave the army, there are legal ways of doing so...plus some ex soldiers do diss the army...once gone. as is their right.

I think the debate is on the government handling the trouble monger in a manner deserving.

We've seen schools suspend or rusticate students inciting trouble.

The government had the mandate to maintain order in the society as they deem fit.

If he left the faith and maintained it at that, I'm not sure anyone will jail him. He had a mission to incite trouble and he has been appropriately handled. If it was reversed and a Muslim was arrested for trying to cause problems in a Christian dominated community, I will support such arrest similarly.

It's a world of "live and let live"
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Luckysbab: 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
Theunbothered:

Stop blaming the victim, if Muslims can't hear different views without bloodshed then they are the problem!

So I should go to Rome and go and start writing nonsense about the Roman Catholics?
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by A001: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Freedom for Bala!
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Luckysbab: 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Blue3k:

Free expression a right. You don't have the right to not to be offended argue your point back without behaving like a monkey. Your boko haram example is nonsensical apples and oranges comparisons. The person saying it only goes to jail if its a direct call to arms, saying your religion is fake isn't that.

You mean I can go to Rome to start hauling hate speech at the Roman Catholics?
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by osazsky(m): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
Luckysbab:

y not
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Blue3k(m): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2022
Luckysbab:

Yes go do so I support your freedom of speech. The catholic church had probably heard all your complaints before 100 times. Do you need my permission to do anything else? Come to America and rant all you want afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Theunbothered: 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2022
Luckysbab:

So I should go to Rome and go and start writing nonsense about the Roman Catholics?

You can and they won't kill you unlike the "peaceful" Muslims.

Here is a man protesting in the Vatican.

If Muslims can't tolerate different opinions Muslims are the problem.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by lecturer22: 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
backbencher:

So also is atheism as well...considering the atrocities that atheisms committed in the name of eradicating religion and other matters in China and Russia and elsewhere.

Seriously, you guys should stop blaming ideologies and start blaming individuals.

You're quite laughable. Looking for every possible way to discredit common sense and critical thinking. Mubarak Bala doesn't promote atheism. He promotes use of common sense, critical thinking, questioning things and rationality. It's called free thought and not atheism. And Communism is not atheism either.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
lecturer22:
You're quite laughable. Looking for every possible way to discredit common sense and critical thinking. Mubarak Bala doesn't promote atheism. He promotes use of common sense, critical thinking, questioning things and rationality. It's called free thought and not atheism. And Communism is not atheism either.

Anytime I hear communisim isn't atheisim, I am reminded of my fellow christians, who, on being confronted with the evil that a christian leader does (eg the thirty years war, which was basically protestants vs catholics , and which tore Europe apart), would promptly say...they weren't real christians, they were fake ones. (lol).

The point of my argument , which you missed, was that it is better to blame men for their bad deeds, than to blame ideologies.Plus man is evil and very much so.

And communists were atheists', and passed laws promoting athieisim in schools. A lot of religious people in many communist countries went to jail because they dared to teach children the tenets of their religion, even at home. And even in countries like the DDR , regular attendance in church could cost you a place in higher education, just as not going to Anglican churches in England till the 19th century could cost you a place in Oxford. Communist youth groups widely promoted atheism and the same 'rational thought' that you say Mubarak promoted. You can deny it, but it happened.

Personally, I don't like the idea you promote...that being an atheist makes you a superior human being. A lot of people thought like that, and as a result...(and no, they were not all atheists...some it was being a christian, muslim, buddhist, etc,etc.)
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2022
Luckysbab:

Yes, you actually can...and no one would arrest you. European societies do to some extent practice what they preach (and are also individualistic).
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Luckysbab: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Theunbothered:

You can and they won't kill you unlike the "peaceful" Muslims.

Here is a man protesting in the Vatican.

If Muslims can't tolerate different opinions Muslims are the problem.

This is being clever by half.

Someone comes to advertise his faith - which is "No God".

Meanwhile the other one, in a clear post that was even shared here was insulting another person's faith, by maligning the personality of the man they hold dearly, as a symbol of their faith.

Where's the correlation? I thought you will show me a banner saying "Virgin Mary is a prostitute" or something of such.
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Theunbothered: 1:11am On Feb 03, 2022
Luckysbab:

This is being clever by half.

Someone comes to advertise his faith - which is "No God".

Meanwhile the other one, in a clear post that was even shared here was insulting another person's faith, by maligning the personality of the man they hold dearly, as a symbol of their faith.

Where's the correlation? I thought you will show me a banner saying "Virgin Mary is a prostitute" or something of such.

People insult Jesus all the time but can that man carry such a sign in Saudi Arabia and come out alive?

Your answer should tell you all you need to know.
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by lagosapple: 2:08am On Feb 03, 2022
I think the problem with Nairaland is that everyone runs his or her mouth, irrespective of what they know or do not know. If you know anything about Rome, you wouldn't say what you just said. Romans do not care about the Roman Catholic Church.
Luckysbab:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Dennison919: 8:55am On Feb 03, 2022
Issorite NG gamespot
Re: Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days by Osinachi80(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2022
osazsky:
go and sit down..if he insults him u are in no positiom to fight for him..the prophet is more powerful than u..i have not seen a todler fighting for his dad..allah is supreme mohammed too..he will drop dead on his own he doesnt need your help to fight for him.i am a muslim lets stop all this rubbish and fight for the education of the girl child cuz i have daughters too they dont deserve to marry a 90 year old at 13.stop terrorism. Stop seing infedels as enemies and our relegion will be d best
For dis may Allah bless you I live in the north you need to come and see what the girls are going through

(1) (2) (Reply)

North-West Muslim Leaders Endorsed Tinubu For President In Kano (Video) / Politicians Beat Themselves At Kwara PDP Governorship Primary / We Are Not Worried About Buhari's Age But The Age Of His Ideas - Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.