Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. (629 Views)

David Beasley: Get Ready For ‘Hell,’ UN Food Chief Warns Amid Ukraine Shockwaves / Biden: The U.S Will Not Send Troops To Defend Ukraine Against Russia / Afghan Women Scream ‘The Taliban Are Coming' As They Beg Troops To Save Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by int0x80(m): 2:24am On Feb 03, 2022
Thousands of U.S. troops will be deployed to Germany, Romania and Poland in reaction to the Russian build up of troops near Ukraine, the Defense Department announced Wednesday.

Among them will be 1,000 members of a Germany-based mechanized infantry unit, joining 900 troops already deployed to Romania for a training mission, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby told reporters.

Another 2,000, including members of an 82nd Airborne Division brigade combat team and a headquarters element from the XVIII Airborne Corps, both based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, will head to Germany and Poland.

The Pentagon also has put about 8,500 U.S.-based troops on higher alert for possible deployment to Europe as additional reassurance to allies, and officials have indicated the possibility that additional units could be placed on higher alert soon. The U.S. already has between 75,000 and 80,000 troops in Europe as permanently stationed forces and as part of regular rotations in place such as Poland.

Washington and Moscow have been at loggerheads over Ukraine, with little sign of a diplomatic path forward. A Spanish newspaper on Wednesday reported that the United States could be willing to enter into an agreement with Russia to ease tensions over missile deployments in Europe if Moscow steps back from the brink in Ukraine.

Source

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by tit(f): 3:35am On Feb 03, 2022
Since white supremacist have resign from US Marine Army.
Biden is sending Black soldiers so Russia Boko Haram will finish them.
If you know the people, tell them ooo!!

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by chukwuibuipob: 4:13am On Feb 03, 2022
cool

Righteousness2,coma see Armageddon tongue cool.Dem go out Ur Putin to shame cool wink
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:25am On Feb 03, 2022
Is this some kind of world war 3 loading? undecided
Let's see how it's gonna end...
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by SmartPolician: 4:55am On Feb 03, 2022
I know that other members of NATO will deploy their forces, including the UK, to strengthen the US military.

I just hope Vladimir Putin is not being stupid because this Ukrainian saga may be what the US needs to put them where they belong for good.

My prayer is for Russia to have a rethink and stop advancing its troops and that this madness doesn't escalate to the Third World War. Na people wey chop belefull dey fight - hunger dey for sub-Sahara Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:59am On Feb 03, 2022
SmartPolician:
I know that other members of NATO will deploy their forces, including the UK, to strengthen the US military.

I just hope Vladimir Putin is not being stupid because this Ukraine saga may be what the US needs to put they where they belong for good.

My prayer is for Russia to have a rethink and stop advancing its troops and that this madness doesn't lead to the Third World War. Na people wey chop belefull dey fight.
Do you think they are gonna go on with the deployment or Putin will have no other choice than to stop this display of military power?
Or do you also think it's gonna result in war?
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by helinues: 5:08am On Feb 03, 2022
The world leaders are the one creating unnecessary tension.

Issues they could have sit down and settle amicably, they would rather prefer to be throwing tantrum on media.

1 Like

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by helinues: 5:10am On Feb 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

I just hope Vladimir Putin is not being stupid because this Ukrainian saga may be what the US needs to put them where they belong for good.

My prayer is for Russia to have a rethink and stop advancing its troops and that this madness doesn't escalate to the Third World War. Na people wey chop belefull dey fight - hunger dey for sub-Sahara Africa.

Russia and China are always culprits cos that's what the western media want you guys to believe?

Are there no separatists in Ukraine which have been causing some destruction in Ukraine?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by SmartPolician: 6:49am On Feb 03, 2022
helinues:

Russia and China are always culprits cos that's what the western media want you guys to believe?

Are there no separatists in Ukraine which have been causing some destruction in Ukraine?

@the emboldened, where's this NONSENSE coming from?

For Crimea, a Ukrainian town, to even vote to be a part of Russia, it makes this whole thing complicated. However, Russia should know that Ukraine is a sovereign state and she is capable of making her own decisions - whether to join NATO or not. The Soviet Union has collapsed but Putin doesn't want to get over it.

Humans will naturally demand freedoms and economic prosperity. If Ukrainians prosper more than Russians, Russians will assume that Putin, who never wants to give up power, is incapable of leading them into economic prosperity. This is partly Putin's fear.

Just as the desire for freedoms and economic prosperity led to the collapse of the Soviet Union, that will always be the edge the United States has over all the Communist countries around the world, including China, whose people are leaving their country in their numbers to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

As for the rest of us in this part of the world, we will just watch things unfold. I just hope it doesn't escalate into something as deadly as the Third World War. Again, Africans are hungry and na person wey chop belefull dey fight. undecided

1 Like

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by cyprus000: 7:02am On Feb 03, 2022
Nairaland in littered with western zombies, God!

They make me sick with their bareface ignorance. If Russia choose to enter Ukraine, it will only end with foaming in the mouth in form of useless sanction.
Haven't Russia demonstrated their resolve with Crimea What happened then? Nothing.
And nothing will fvcking happen if the west directly threaten their national security, and cause Russia to go into Ukraine.

It's simply the same sense of self preservation that warranted US response to the Cuban missile crisis, that took Russian troops to Ukraine door step.
If NATO is foolhardy enough to induct Ukraine into it's fold, then watch how promptly Russia will absolve what constitute Ukrainian territory into Russia like a mamba making a snack of a mice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by helinues: 7:09am On Feb 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

For Crimea, a Ukrainian town, to even vote to be a part of Russia, it makes this whole thing complicated. However, Russia should know that Ukraine is a sovereign state and she is capable of making her own decisions - whether to join NATO or not. The Soviet Union has collapsed but Putin doesn't want to get over it.

Humans will naturally demand freedoms and economic prosperity. If Ukrainians prosper more than Russians, Russians will assume that Putin, who never wants to give up power, is incapable of leading them into economic prosperity. This is partly Putin's fear.

Just as the desire for freedoms and economic prosperity led to the collapse of the Soviet Union, that will always be the edge the United States has over all the Communist countries around the world, including China, whose people are leaving their country in their numbers to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.

As for the rest of us in this part of the world, we will just watch things unfold. I just hope it doesn't escalate into something as deadly as the Third World War. Again, Africans are hungry and na person wey chop belefull dey fight. undecided

You are yet to answer my question.

Are there no separatists within Ukraine? Who were the people behind shutting down of passenger's flight some year back..

The NATO countries are only getting panic for no reason. So if they should act the way they have been threatening, who is going bear more of the consequences if not the same poor Ukrainian.

If Israel can have Dome to intercept rockets fired into their territory, how much more about Russia who are secretive.

Let all party sit at the round table and have a dialogue instead of all this threatening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by MangekyoAlt: 7:58am On Feb 03, 2022
grin
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by joshjc(m): 8:04am On Feb 03, 2022
helinues:

Are there no separatists within Ukraine? Who were the people behind shutting down of passenger's flight some year back..

The NATO countries are only getting panic for no reason. So if they should act the way they have been threatening, who is going bear more of the consequences if not the same poor Ukrainian.

If Israel can have Drone to intercept rockets fired into their territory, how much more about Russia who are secretive.

Let all party sit at the round table and have a dialogue instead of all this threatening
it's those smaller Eastern European countries that are panicking,Germany has no intention of sending troops to Ukraine, because when the issue exclates its europeans that will suffer,all the companies will try to move to the US, I think the US is being hypocritical they won't allow any russia military presence close to them,so why should Russia allow it

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by MangekyoAlt: 8:33am On Feb 03, 2022
This guy you're a very big fool. See as you dey talk rubbish with impunity. Let me educate that your illiterate brain a little.

SmartPolician:

Crimea is a Russian state that was dashed to ukraine a few years back. It's a Russian speaking state as with almost all the eastern states in Ukraine. Now if you're someone who follows the activities that happens in Ukraine, you will notice that Russians there are Bring treated by the Ukrainian govt the way the Nigerian govt is treating Igbos in Nigeria, if not even worse.
Now Crimea which belong to russia before they were dashed to Ukraine, called for russia to come and take them back. Russia did, but only after a referendum. Infact, 90% of all the security forces joined the Russians which is why there was no single spilled blood. The other parts declared independence like the igbos did and they're being attacked by the Ukrainian govt like the Nigerian govt did with the igbos. Now the Russian govt had said they would intervene wherever Russians are being killed worldwide, which is why they assisted them with military hardwares to defend themselves. BTW a cease fire deal has been made since, the MINSK deal! Ukraine govt chose not to follow it because they don't want to make peace with those separatists, calling them terrorists and want to eradicate them.

Addressing the "Ukraine is a sovereign state" statement you made. Wasn't Iraq a sovereign state too? Okay how about Syria? Till today, US troops are still in Syria. The Syrian democratically elected govt called for the US govt to leave Syria immediately. They even wrote to the United nations, who also told the US to leave. But did they? No Donald trump announce in 2019 that the US had taken control of the Syrian oil fields, which I believe were their goals when they entered the country illegally. I'll give you a quote of what he tweeted specifically : "We have secured the oil"

Now you really do think russia is doing this because of supposed soviet union unification yall want us to believe even without any evidence to back your stupid self up? Have you read the Cuban missile crises? If you haven't, then please do because the history shows the US has been in Russians current situation before and they reacted hasher than Russia is currently doing. If as you stupid claimed, Russia is after soviet unification, then why have they not unified with Belarus and other ex soviet nations? Or somehow you think if he's gonna do it, he must start with Ukraine? Like I said earlier, some of you guys are dumb and it's not even something I'm saying as a joke or whatever I'm Hella serious. You're dumb

Humans will naturally defend freedom huh? Now will you tell us how many countries defended the sovereign countries us invaded in the last few decades? None! Why haven't the US deployed us troops to Ukraine to defend them against Russia since they're the cause of the tension if we're actually being honest? USA annexed Hawaii and have denied them a referendum to choose where they want to belong and you claim humans defend freedom? Ukraine can never be more prosperous than Russia. Infact Ukraine remains one of the most poorest countries in the eastern Europe. Their GPD is by miles lower than ours and I wouldn't be surprised if their annual budget is lower than ours since our defence budget actually dwarfs theirs. Their defence budget isn't upto $1billion compared to ours that is $2b+ and that is why you see them begging the world for weapons and cause those like Germany who see through their game and deny giving them.

The way USA almost started a 3rd war because the USSR placed missiles is Cuba, if a world War is started because russia stands against Nato expansion to the east, then I don't mind tbh. Both side will lose with the USA even losing more since russia would so fűck them up that after the war, they'll find themselves in the position China was in in the 90s grin

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by MangekyoAlt: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2022
SmartPolician:
other NATO countries don't even want a war with Russia lmfao. Poland that hates Russia, have you seen them threatening Russia since the tension began? No. Even me in surprised by the way they've kept quiet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I also know why they don't want to join in threatening russia. grin it's because 10% of Russia's nuclear warheads are pointed at Poland. They're in kaliningrad, which is just a few miles from Poland. So if they talk to russia anyhow and war starts, Russia will turn their land into a radioactive Ash. I'm sure they're praying silently that this doesn't turn into a world war 3 as with all other Nato countries minus us & UK. Croatia, recently accused USA of being the cause of the current tension and even warned that they will pull their troops out the east and even NATO if war brakes out. Go read it, it's in the net grin Germany will never fight russia again. France and even the entire EU clearly even stated that they don't want any firm of conflict with Russia. I mean who in their tight mindset would pick a fight with a nuclear country like Russia? Last last its only US, UK, and the small small Baltic countries that will be available. Note, Russia can all upon friends too like Iran, China, North Korea and India. I guarantee you that if there would be a 3rd world War, the USA would find themselves in the stone age after the war ends. Britain will surrender if they see how russia bombard US cities and infrastructures into rubbles grin

Putin is not stupid Lmao dude you think he is? This Ukraine saga will help place russia as world power, "where they belong" after they send USA to the stone age of course grin grin

Pray for the Americans to not poke the bear for long because it the bear calls it enough is enough and launches an invasion, it would be the end of the beginning for western world domination lol

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by KingOfTheDamned: 9:09am On Feb 03, 2022
[s]
helinues:

If Israel can have Dome to intercept rockets fired into their territory, how much more about Russia who are secretive.

[/s]

Rubbish
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by MangekyoAlt: 9:58am On Feb 03, 2022
SmartPolician:

However, Russia should know that Ukraine is a sovereign state and she is capable of making her own decisions - whether to join NATO or not.
See what the ex president of the United States said about the oil fields of a sovereign country, even after they told them to remove their troops with immediate effect.

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by seunny4lif(m): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2022
USA air strikes killed over 15 civilians early this morning in Syria
I’m waiting for all those yeye western funds people to talk now.
Checked DW, BBC, CNN and AJ now and it’s not in headline but if it’s Russia jet that did it, you will see it all the main news

3 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2022
seunny4lif:
USA air strikes killed over 15 civilians early this morning in Syria
I’m waiting for all those yeye western funds people to talk now.
Checked DW, BBC, CNN and AJ now and it’s not in headline but if it’s Russia jet that did it, you will see it all the main news

Very horrible...I just hate these USA rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by seunny4lif(m): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2022
Cptflint:

Very horrible...I just hate these USA rubbish
They did over 15 civilians and lost one 1 Heli.
Imagine if it China that did that operation
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by juman(m): 4:51pm On Feb 03, 2022
Do they have leaders in europe?

How come its america sending soldiers to protect them?
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by juman(m): 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2022
2,000 troops.

Boko haram has the capacity to kill all of them within one hour talkless of almighty russia.
Russia would kill them all in one second.

1 Like

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by MangekyoAlt: 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2022
juman:
2,000 troops.

Boko haram has the capacity to kill all of them within one hour talkless of almighty russia.
Russia would kill them all in one second.
Only 20 spetsnaz will take care of those 2,000 troops, if not even less grin
Go and watch on YouTube how just 19 spetsnaz eliminated more than 300 ISIS terrorists attacking from all directions, with 0 zero casualties. Those US troops that don't even know if they're male or female wouldn't last a minute against boko haram talkess spetsnaz cool
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by olugabbie(m): 5:32am On Feb 04, 2022
SmartPolician:

Lol! Russian security is guaranteed. Nobody is going to attack Russia. The US & NATO have made it clear, that they will not deploy their troops to Ukraine. The deployment of troops to eastern europe is to reassured NATO members of the commitment of US to protect them. If Russia attack Ukraine today, US & NATO will not step in. They are doing their best to help Ukraine by send weapons. They will never risk a nuclear war with Russia because of Ukraine. They are obliged to protect NATO members only.

Russia has made it clear, that they don't have the intention to attack Ukraine. They have been saying this from day one. The main reason Russia deployed it's troops to the border is to pressure Ukraine into stopping the planned operation to take back Donetsk and Luhansk which has been achieved. But if Ukraine decides to take back the mentioned territories, Russia will invade. NATO is aware now that Russia takes it security very seriously. Ukraine will never join NATO without Russian approval.

1 Like

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by olugabbie(m): 5:38am On Feb 04, 2022
juman:
Do they have leaders in europe?

How come its america sending soldiers to protect them?

US is just playing games with the situation. The major powers in NATO know the real reason those Russian troops were deployed. They know that Russia is not going to attack unless Ukraine tries to take back the newly lost Territories of Donetsk and Luhansk.
Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by juman(m): 8:05am On Feb 04, 2022
olugabbie:

US is just playing games with the situation. The major powers in NATO know the real reason those Russian troops were deployed. They know that Russia is not going to attack unless Ukraine tries to take back the newly lost Territories of Donetsk and Luhansk.

In eastern europe America is doing the same like ISIS.
America is a terrorist country.

2 Likes

Re: Biden Sending 2,000 More Troops To Europe Amid Ukraine Tension. by seunny4lif(m): 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2022
olugabbie:

100%
Germans, France and almost EUROPEANS citizens are against their country going to Ukraine.
Gas are already too expensive now and no nation can replace Russia because Russia offers EU cheap gas.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Roman Abramovich Is Involved In Russia-ukraine Peace Talks / International Law Is A Meaningless Concept When It Only Applies To US Enemies / This Is Why Russia Targeted The Retroville Shopping Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.