Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday (13897 Views)

Lagosians Rush To Board Lagos Blue Line Rail Train In Marina (Video) / State Of Roads In Sango Ota Ogun State (pictures) / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by naptu2: 7:46am On Feb 03, 2022
Shonekan's burial: Lagos announces closure of roads in Marina Friday

Published By: Kazeem Ugbodaga
3rd February, 2022

The Lagos State Government has said it will be diverting traffic along Inner Marina to Outer Marina by Oando Filling Station due to the burial service of the Late former Head of Interim Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan.

The diversion will begin from 5.00am till 6.00pm on Friday, 4th February, 2022.

Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde explained that all adjoining and feeder roads leading to Inner Marina road to Nitel building would be cordon off.

He advised Motorists to utilise JK Randle street through Force road to connect Broad street and continue their journey as Inner Marina road/Odunlami Street from Outer Marina road will be barred from vehicular movement.

In the same vein, Oladeinde stated that motorists descending CMS Bridge to Cathedral Church would be temporarily diverted to UBA roundabout or Apongbon for onward navigation to other inner parts of Lagos Island to connect their destinations.

The transport Commissioner assured that Security and Law Enforcement Agencies would be deployed to all strategic junctions/intersections and black spots to reduce delays and ensure security of lives and property both along the routes leading to the venue and alternative routes highlighted.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/02/03/shonekans-burial-lagos-announces-closure-of-roads-in-marina-friday/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by FuckDModz: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Double wahala for dead body.

Lagosians are used to suffering and smiling, one more day of pain is nothing.

A welcome development.

Eko oni baje

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by crownedprinz(m): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Arrrghhhhhh I was this close to FTC.
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by slawormiir: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Isoright
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by God1000(m): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
May his soul rest in peace, though he left a country so broken and dysfunctional behind

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by silvoclaira: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Lagos state should be locked down that day for this great state man.

Rest in peace

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by River05: 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Na WA oo
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Betterlife24(m): 8:19am On Feb 03, 2022
Ok o
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by franchasng: 8:20am On Feb 03, 2022
Lol
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by ecolime(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2022
If you don't have any business in Marina tomorrow, stay home. Traffic go mad

11 Likes

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by purplekayc(m): 8:20am On Feb 03, 2022
FuckDModz:
grin
funny?
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by chanx: 8:20am On Feb 03, 2022
Rest in peace Sir

1 Like

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by whytediamond(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2022
Na to follow Idumota go market on Friday sure Pass.

3 Likes

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Simplyrio: 8:21am On Feb 03, 2022
They sha wan show there self for us.. shonekan na our former head of state. Not bad to give him such memorial burial

3 Likes

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by whytediamond(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2022
crownedprinz:
Arrrghhhhhh I was this close to FTC.

What's the award for FTC?

1 Like

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Raxxye(m): 8:22am On Feb 03, 2022
Eyaa!
I didn't know Chief Shonekan had died!
It's all good; at least he benefitted from Nigeria, unlike some citizens who came in poverty and died in poverty without tasting a crumb of the country's cake.

May he RIP!

1 Like

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Ademola47(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2022
Won't it cause inconvenience to commuters?

1 Like

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by crownedprinz(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2022
whytediamond:

What's the award for FTC?

The Joy it gives when you get it for the first time
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Latidoh1: 8:24am On Feb 03, 2022
Ademola47:
Won't it cause inconvenience to commuters?
That is why they are informing you ahead of time

3 Likes

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by omonla10(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2022
When are we going to stop all these.. We too dey carry everything for head.. Due to repair and construction works going on, we still dey manage these little options. Now dem wan close am again.. I tire o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by silvoclaira: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2022
crownedprinz:

The Joy it gives when you get it for the first time
Not too worry. I will dedicate my FTC to you okay? I hope it gives you JOY wink

4 Likes

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by ntyce(m): 8:27am On Feb 03, 2022
Why is he not being buried in Abeokuta
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by yemmight(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2022
Dem never close Marina self, na trouble. For me is a no go area tomorrow.
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Frank150: 8:30am On Feb 03, 2022
Chief Shonekan was a complete gentleman.. rip sir
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Valuepaints20(m): 8:31am On Feb 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by Austema(m): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2022
Meanwhile

Re: Shonekan's Burial: Lagos Announces Closure Of Roads In Marina Friday by rovher: 8:43am On Feb 03, 2022
God1000:
May his soul rest in peace, though he left a country so broken and dysfunctional behind
I swear down ... Rip sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa / Residents Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder In Abuja / I Need Botswana Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.