Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Please I Need An Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need An Advice. (599 Views)

I Need An Advice on My Career / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / In Need Of An Advice!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need An Advice. by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2022
Am a guy of 29yrs, droped out of school at ND2 due to lack of fund.
Traveled to Lagos in search of work, finally got a night work which am been paid 40k.
Now am confused should igo back to school or learn a skill.during my day time and am planning on learning generator mechanic.
Please advice needed thanks.
Re: Please I Need An Advice. by 1F30M4(f): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
Will you be able to juggle your night shifts with school? I'd say go learn a skill after which you'd have found yourself another source of income. You can go back to school later, if it so pleases you.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need An Advice. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2022
I wanted applying for yabatech because its closer to where Ido my nyt work so once iclose frm wrk in the morning, I rushed to school.
Am jst really confuse on which one to go for.
Either skills or school.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need An Advice. by JosephIfechukwu(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
Emem047:
I wanted applying for yabatech because its closer to where Ido my nyt work so once iclose frm wrk in the morning, I rushed to school.
Am jst really confuse on which one to go for.
Either skills or school.

it won't be easy but if you can juggle both. that's better.
Re: Please I Need An Advice. by oldienavie: 12:44am On Feb 04, 2022
At 29 years old, I think you should look for a skill you can learn in 2 years and put all your energy into it.
If you can write and read English, I'd say get yourself a laptop and learn programming from Udemy and youtube.

You can always earn a degree after you have money but you cannot always look for money .
And at your age, what exactly will you be looking for ? If you get HND you are older than the entry level age for most jobs.

Whatever you do, I dont think running after a paper qualification that thousands of people have and are yet to get a job is the right thing to do, learn a skill that will put food on your table, degree, especially Polytechinic certificate is overrated.
Re: Please I Need An Advice. by bmdmix11: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2022
oldienavie:
At 29 years old, I think you should look for a skill you can learn in 2 years and put all your energy into it.
If you can write and read English, I'd say get yourself a laptop and learn programming from Udemy and youtube.

You can always earn a degree after you have money but you cannot always look for money .
And at your age, what exactly will you be looking for ? If you get HND you are older than the entry level age for most jobs.

Whatever you do, I dont think running after a paper qualification that thousands of people have and are yet to get a job is the right thing to do, learn a skill that will put food on your table, degree, especially Polytechinic certificate is overrated.
almost all d advice these days no dey pass get a laptop n learn digital graphic n programming.

yet u all wonder why unemployment rate is getting high
Re: Please I Need An Advice. by Ankapaige: 11:23am On Feb 04, 2022
You can learn a skill. Heavy Equipment operators are of high demand, especially with different refineries, construction, and warehouses building up in Nigeria. You can enroll in forklift, crane, payloader, and reachstacker training. Training is three times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. but since you are working, you can have an arranged time and day with your instructor after making your registration. You are still young, therefore you have opportunities to gain many years of experience working as a heavy machine operator.

Equilog Training Institute is known for training people from expert to novice. you can get more information on the website at www.equilogroup.com

Re: Please I Need An Advice. by sweetdating01: 12:51pm On Feb 04, 2022
As the Internet continues on growing and developing on this last beyond decade, humans are continuously finding new approaches and platforms to communicate with every other. Dirty Chat Rooms The maximum even as aspect approximately the Internet is the fact that you can touch each person you want whilst they're placed everywhere inside the global. Before the Internet, that turned into each nearly impossible and really high priced. Just 10 years ago, there was a surge of mainstream web sites that provided online chat rooms for everybody. On those web sites, you could be completely anonymous and discover friends from any us of a in the global.
Re: Please I Need An Advice. by oldienavie: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2022
bmdmix11:
almost all d advice these days no dey pass get a laptop n learn digital graphic n programming.

yet u all wonder why unemployment rate is getting high
Because programming is the best way to get a job these days without knowing any one in power. If you are a good developer you will get jobs without needing to have a God father.
Indian earns billions in income from the IT sector.
The world has changed, IT is the biggest industry, when will Nigerian youths key into the numerous opportunities available in that space.

Since Nigerian youths do not read, they only believe in Big Brother and zeeworld.
What is the worth of a degree in Nigeria when 90% of Nigerian graduate youths are jobless ?

(1) (Reply)

Heard Of Equilog Training Institute? / Piping Design and AutoCAD in Uyo / Top 20 Interview Questions And How To Answer Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.