Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,620 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday (783 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka To Buhari, Convene An Emergency Economic Conference / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An / BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Babasessy(m): 1:10am On Jun 23, 2011
The wife of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, H.I.D Awolowo, Yeye Oodua, will on Thursday, assemble all the Yoruba people in the country and in Diaspora at her residence, Efunyewa Hall, Ikenne in Ogun State to address issues of high importance affecting the Yoruba nation.

The meeting, according to the proposed forum publicity Secretary, Senator Anthony Adefuye, in a statement, is expected to be attended by the entire Yorubas irrespective of the political, religious or Professional leaning aimed at fostering the unity and formidable re-positioning of the Yoruba race, for her continued peaceful co-existence and progress among other tribes in the Nation.

The Forum will further provide an inevitable conducive avenue for all concerned to x-ray their differences, as well as formulate such strategies in promoting the ideals to enhance the dignity of the entire Yoruba race, especially in the comity of States of the Federation, geared towards a betterment and unity of the nation.

“It is not an exaggeration to say that Yorubas are today at the crossroads within the Nigerian Nation with the Southwest zone, totally marginalized into irrelevance with the polity and troubling voices against our cherished legacies, finding increasing boldness from strange quarters, there is no more compelling time for patriotic Yoruba sons and daughters to stoutly and genuinely address the problems than now.

“As such, there is no better platform to arrest this ugly situation than this maiden edition of  Yoruba Unity Forum, an avenue for all the Yorubas, across political and religious divides, hence all Yorubas are cordially invited to this meeting.

“The convener is expected to use the event to reiterate on the absolute need for all to bury their hatchet and genuinely work for the common good of the race and the indivisible nation called Nigeria ,” the statement stated.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/h-i-d-awolowo-to-convene-first-yoruba-unity-confab-thursday/93661/
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Sicherheit(m): 1:15am On Jun 23, 2011
Babasessy:

The wife of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, H.I.D Awolowo, Yeye Oodua, will on Thursday, assemble all the Yoruba people in the country and in Diaspora at her residence, Efunyewa Hall, Ikenne in Ogun State to address issues of high importance affecting the Yoruba nation.

The meeting, according to the proposed forum publicity Secretary, Senator Anthony Adefuye, in a statement, is expected to be attended by the entire Yorubas irrespective of the political, religious or Professional leaning aimed at fostering the unity and formidable re-positioning of the Yoruba race, for her continued peaceful co-existence and progress among other tribes in the Nation.

The Forum will further provide an inevitable conducive avenue for all concerned to x-ray their differences, as well as formulate such strategies in promoting the ideals to enhance the dignity of the entire Yoruba race, especially in the comity of States of the Federation, geared towards a betterment and unity of the nation.

“It is not an exaggeration to say that Yorubas are today at the crossroads within the Nigerian Nation with the Southwest zone, totally marginalized into irrelevance with the polity and troubling voices against our cherished legacies, finding increasing boldness from strange quarters, there is no more compelling time for patriotic Yoruba sons and daughters to stoutly and genuinely address the problems than now.

“As such, there is no better platform to arrest this ugly situation than this maiden edition of  Yoruba Unity Forum, an avenue for all the Yorubas, across political and religious divides, hence all Yorubas are cordially invited to this meeting.

“The convener is expected to use the event to reiterate on the absolute need for all to bury their hatchet and genuinely work for the common good of the race and the indivisible nation called Nigeria ,” the statement stated.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
All the Yoruba people in Nigeria and diaspora? That must be one mighty big residence. undecided
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by musiwa45: 1:29am On Jun 23, 2011
thisday
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by bashr4: 2:42am On Jun 23, 2011
Babasessy:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by OAM4J: 4:18am On Jun 23, 2011
Hmnnnn! Am interested in the 'real' agenda of this meeting.
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Nobody: 4:21am On Jun 23, 2011
Buying my plane ticket ASAP.

I cant wait to hear what intelligent minds like Oni, Oyinlola and HID gotta say.
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by OAM4J: 4:25am On Jun 23, 2011
^Yes nao, you have to be there o, as Iyalode awon Florida big girls grin
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 23, 2011
OAM4J:

^Yes nao, you have to be there o, as Iyalode awon big girls grin

I'll expect you to be there too. grin
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by OAM4J: 4:30am On Jun 23, 2011
erm, erm, i will be busy with my. . . erm. . . my. . .my lipsrsealed

Dont worry, u will represent me nao. whatever u say, I say, whatever u agree with, i agree. cheesy
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Nobody: 4:31am On Jun 23, 2011
OAM4J:

lipsrsealed

Good. Wouldnt want you to say something that is censor-worthy. grin
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by OAM4J: 4:36am On Jun 23, 2011
lol. True. I will whisper it to you in private cheesy
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 23, 2011
uh-oh.
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by Musiwa52: 5:42am On Jun 23, 2011
i have gone on tribune website I cant find such statement.
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by johnie: 7:13am On Jun 23, 2011
Will Tinubu be there?
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by stormm: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2011
OGD will present a paper on 'progressive politics, fetishism and the need for violence: A fresh perspective' .

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by russellino: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
johnie:

Will Tinubu be there?

good question.
Re: H.i.d Awolowo To Convene First Yoruba Unity Confab Thursday by amarilo: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2011
johnie:

Will Tinubu be there?
Eko ile will represent him or Dayokanu. Maybe Seanet02. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

If Islamic Banking Has Evil Intention, The Idea Will Fail –ezekiel / Suicide Bomber Gunned Down In Maiduguri / Onion Seller To Hang For Robbery In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.