Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) (5032 Views)

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / LEGACIES - THE HARBINGER OF DEATH ( Book 1 Of The Supremacy Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good people, fans of the legacy world, rooting for a book 2, ghost readers who like to remain ghost readers and all who enjoyed the last work, well sorry to have kept you all waiting and second guessing but I can promise you that it was worth the wait.

Though the book is still in it's rough draft and I don't have up to twenty five chapters yet as I would have love to have gotten before post it here but what the heck let's just go with the flow

Updates will be on Monday, Thursday and either Saturday or Sunday. For old readers welcome back and invite friends to come take this journey wit us. For new readers, you don't need to read book one to understand book 2 but it's highly recommended as it will make reference to to characters in book one. Also invite friends to read along as this is going to be a bumpy ride

Posting the prologue and chapter 1 in the next 30 minutes. Let me just put finishing touches to it.

Once again I welcome you all
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Ofez: 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2022
interesting, welcome
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by ashatoda: 3:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
I dey here fully
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:24pm On Feb 03, 2022
PROLOGUE

Two Years Later........

Constalleo De'Longhi Open Air
Café, Florence,
Italy.

It was lunch hour break and the metropolitan City of Florence was , for lack of better words, busy. High rise buildings chunned out workers in their hundreds, seeking to relax themselves from the stress of the first shift of a typical working day.

It was one of the most busiest time of day for vendors, cafeteria, cafés and restaurants as they were always on their toes for the entire one hour break. Popular amongst the cafés, most especially amongst the middle upper class was the Constalleo De'Longhi Open Air Cafe. Known for its rich choice of food variation and a tradition of not breaking the bank of their teeming customers, it was a worker's heaven to be able to dine there as the place was often over booked even before lunch time.

Unfortunately, though the cafe had experienced a lot of hard times, financially, this time, it was one too many for them. Their financial advisor had schemed them off millions and fled. The owners had to scrape through grits to keep the cafe afloat but with the debts and bills piling up, creditors on their asses, they had no choice but to declare bankruptcy and close the restaurant that had been the family for six generations as the had no hope of a helper to bail them out of their woes.

While the busy crowd dined and wined, the siblings, Evelyn and Mattias De'Longhi were silently pouring out their hearts to the heavens for a helper as they had exhausted all their option of staying afloat.

A man was seating relaxed, reading his newspaper and mused to himself when he saw what caught his fancy in the news. Without raising his head, he queried

" You really are a ball of joy today. What news has you fuming like an angry volcano, ready to erupt, Chebs?"

" Apparently, some of those bunch of greedy and nasty old cargoes called The conclave of brethren,, whose uselessness have outlived their purpose have been singing lullabies to Lucian's and Samathiel's ears, the fall of Samayaza and his grand scheme for world dominance. They had banked on Samayaza succeeding and had pushed their earlier plans to the back burner.

You know we've tried to keep a lid on it for so long to be able to achieve our objectives, but now,they know. Their plans that was once in the back burner have now been set in motion. We have to accelerate our plans as of this moment else we fail" Chebs explained taking a sip from the juice he had ordered when he entered the Cafe.

Seph had, along the line, during Chebs explanation,folded his paper and listened to his comrade. The news his was hearing didn't bode well for their plans. Their schedule had to be moved up with immediate effect

" Chebs, what is the State of things in the far beyond" he asked

" As we speak, a civil war has broken out sponsored by Lucian and his cohorts. It's not looking good for the Royal house"

" And our candidate?"

" Busy saving as many as he can"

" We act now, we act fast before things escalate beyond our control"

" Newsflash Seph, things are already out of control. What we are doing is just damage control."

Seph was silent for a while as his mind was thinking. For all intents and purposes, their initial plan became toast and they needed to strategize on the go. He sent a quick silent prayer to the Almighty for wisdom and strength to do what needed to be done, then he open his eyes in determination looking straight at his friend and comrade

" What will be will be but hell will freeze over before we let that bloody bastard and conniving bitch win. As of this moment, all our plans just be active." Seph declared passionately, making Chebs smile broaden. It was a tough decision but what had to be done had to be done for the greater good.

" What is the word from Above for the bitch and bastard Watchers?" Seph asked a bit irritated at the reference of them

" Same as Samayaza and co. Their life is worth nothing to the heavens" Chebs answered

" And the conclave?"

" Their usefulness has been out lived. The faithful amongst them, spared"

Seph nodded and relaxed a bit into his chair, satisfied with the answer he got. Just then a very wary Mattias De'Longhi strode passed them with a smile on his face hiding his burden behind it

" And here I thought the faithful ones were growing fewer by the day" remarked Chebs easily. His eyes not straying from visibly stressed Mathias

" So do we interven?" Seph watched his friend watch the human in mild curiosity.

" If we don't interven then why do we aid them in the first place" queried Chebs

" You don't get it do you. Is it His will or ours-" Seph paused so that understand sank into Chebs mind before continuing "- because you know pretty well that we do not interfere with the rest of human kind except it became inparative and ab-so-fucking-ly necessary and with express permission from Him

Chebs knew that Seph was right. They could not interven except they were granted permission to do so by the Almighty himself or His Ambassador. He knew the implications to do otherwise. Chebs bowed his Head in defeat. He had come to like the commitment of the De'Longhi family in the true Christian way through out the generations and it would be a huge waste to see this family suffer through all their difficulties that was no fault of theirs to declare bankruptcy plus he had to start searching again for a new joint that prepared orange juice the way he liked it

" But we can bring their matter before His Ambassador and see if He will let us help them" Seph adviced, trying to cheer his friend up with a solution. If Chebs was sad, he too was sad and that singular ray of hope for the De'Longhi's uttered from Seph mouth brought hope for Chebs on behalf of the De'Longhi's

" That could work too"

" Of course it would would you idiot. Now drink up let's get to work"

" Yeah, yeah. Places to go, people to kill,wars to fight, plans to quash. Yada yada ya" Chebs drank the remaining orange juice in one gulp but Seph saw his friend's contenace turned brighter now that he knew that there was hope for the De'Longhi's.

Both disappeared with none, currently in the cafe taking cognisance of their presence in the first place not to talk of their disappearance. It was as if they were never there

Three hours later.......

the phone in Evelyn's office rang and was picked after the second ring

" Hello this is Constalleo De'Longhi Open Air Cafe, how may I be of service" she answered fluently, hiding every hint of frustration she currently experiencing as a result of their current predicament

" My name is Pete Federico and I represent Lexa Corp. I would like to talk with either Evelyn or Mattias De'Longhi concerning our investment and expansion program" the person on the other line narrated perking Evelyn's ears to stand attention and listened on as he explained their plans............
[b][/b]q

3 Likes

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2022
Sorry for the wait. My data choose the wrong time to runout and I was in the farm so bear with me. Prologue is out next is chapter 1
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
PART 1

( FLIGHT AND FIGHT )

Chapter 1

THE FIVE NEXUSES,

BELT OF TRAG,

PLANET ZOLTRON

The male paced up and down the small control room restlessly as he awaited the confirmation he had hoped to hear. He paced towards the small screen that held the image of the captain of the last ship billed to leave Zoltron as soon as the Royal family were on board and asked again for the thousandth time

" Has the Royal house arrived? Are they on board? Is the Royal Star now Castle on Wings?" The male became frantic when he got a negative answer from the captain. What could possibly be keeping them?. He had chosen that route for them as it was a safe corridor he had personally created for a situation like this, so there was no way anyone knew of it's existence well except for his obnoxious filandering cousin Kevan.

He was about to ask again when the captain spoke first in excitement

" Incoming!!!" He exclaimed. The main part of the Royal house walked in proudly onto the ship, as if they owned they owned it, along with members of the elite guards - The Trav-nzuga. The moment the guards entered the ship, they fanned out, taking strategical points on the ship as though it was a prerehearsed drill. The king, the Crowned prince, his heir apparent, heir designate and close family tied directly to the throne, matched proudly, as if they owned the place, towards the command center to get a situation report

" Captain what is the report" the male asked again still frantic and with a bit of irritation this time as the captain attention was drawn somewhere else

" Sorry Your Highness. Royal Star is now Castle on Wings" the captain said a bit excited. The male sighed loudly. He could now breathe lightly

" Captain, as of now, your ship is the last of the evacuation ships. It's time to go" the male instructed causing the once excited captain to frown.

" I don't understand your Highness. I think I heard differently but correct me if I'm wrong, you just said to leave without you?"

" Yes! And that's and order!"

" Sir sorry to say but no can do. We will not abandon you- "

"- Captain Bilsawag, what's the situation report" the king had interrupted their tensed exchange. His eyes fell on the screen that held the image of his last child and son. An emotion crossed the king's face before it quickly disappear back to it normal stoic form he put up when addressing his last

" Why are you still in the castle. Did you not get the evacuation order or where you still just laying about " the king fired at his last child. The male was about to reply when another voice

" Hali-chak! Why are you not on the ship? Why are you still in the castle when everyone has evacuated" The female asked the male on the screen who's name now came to be known as Hali-chak. Her mind made fast deductions and possiblities and shook her head at the glaring truth.

He was not going with them.

Hali-chak knew his sister well enough and he already knew that she had already worked out the situation and gave her a sad smile

" Sorry Katva, but there is no going back on this. At least some people can have peace from my absence as the worthless piece of shit will be no more. You know I love you to pieces Katva but this has to be" he could see the tears streaming done Katva's eyes. He couldn't bear to watch her cry.

He looked away

" What are you waiting for captain, prepare to leave now" Hali-chak ordered again. This time his voice heavy with tears so he looked away. The captain hesitated before shaking head in negative

" We refuse to leave without you your Highness"

" Are you a fool Captain Bilsawag.? This is the last ship holding the entire Royal family and you will toil with that over one singular person" the king thundered. it had been long anybody challenged him and this man was dangerous cutting close to it

" With all due respect your Majesty,f it weren't for that " singular person" you wouldn't have a ship to escape, no kingdom to return to or even be alive-"

" Captain. Leave. Now" Hali-chak bellowed from the screen

" With all due respect your highness, Sire -" referring to both prince and King "- I pledged allegiance never to fail a seed of the Royal house.i don't intend on backing down on my oath. I will not leave a seed of the Royal to die helplessly on my watch." The captain declared passionately.

The King was frustrated the Captain won't heed to his command, the on lookers were agitated at the foolish Captain who dared challenged the mighty King Granzdul Ali-eck-szan-dek, the Captain was determined not to leave his principal behind, Hali-chak would be damned if he let them die of their stupidity. It was time to take matters into his hands.

He let his voice boom over the microphone, loud enough for the command center to hear

" Initiate voice command protocol"

The computerized voice promptly answered

" Voice protocols activated. Speak name to authenticate vocal entry"

" What the hell are you doing Hali-chak? What the hell is he doing ? " Katva asked her elder brother, who just stood there dazed at his younger brother. She was frantic for an answer as she knew Hali-chak was full of surprises.

" Halle-Vugzuli-Chakre Ali-eck-szan-dek"

" Voice protocols authentication completed. Initiate command protocol" the computerized voice prompt

" Override command certificate of Captain Bilsawag and commandeer ship and get them out of here

" Certificate overide complete, preparing ship for take off. Please observe basic safety measures and protocols and fasten seatbelts" the computerized voice announced over the speaker as everyone found themselves seats and strapped in, while those that couldn't find a seat held on tightly to something as leverage as the ship switched on its hover thrusters and retracted its landing gear in preparation to take off.

Once the ship was almost in orbit, Hali-chak began giving direction to the A.I to plot their tragectory

" Set course for Safe Haven. Take them through the Nafulian belt on the fringes of Znecsar. We don't want any unexpected visitors. Should you by chance encounter any, Maintain your cover identity as a cargo ship from planet Zintra baring personel on return trip for its moonly runs to the Planet Vegras . Should aggressive deterrent, evasive manuever or defensive and/or offensive standoff be needed relinquish control back to Captain Bilsawag. If nothing, then until you pass the asteroid belts of the abyss maintain your cover I.D.

Once on Save Heaven orbital, relenquish control back to Captain Bilsawag"

He turned to the Captain and continued

" Once on Save Heaven you initiate protocol to rally up allies ,to take back Zoltron. Tell them my fate and my order that you stand in for me. Captain Bilsawag, I am trusting you to handle taking back our homeland from those bastards called Aronzians"

" This never our agreement, your Highness, you do me great injustice for this decision you make on your own. Never the less, as you wish, I shall follow" the captain spoke with heavy heart and a sour face to show his displeasure for Hali-chak's decision. Deep down, he knew that there was no other way. Someone had to remain behind inorder to draw the attention off their escape. It was the only way out

" I am truely sorry my good friend, but what needed to be done had to be done inorder to save our future, our heritage and no marauding invaders called Aronzians could take that from us" he answered sadly

" At the cost of sacrificing your life for nothing? For those good for nothing citizens who wouldn't bathe an eye to dinigrate you? For that bloody bastard standing there yet doesn't respect you as his son?" Katva shot back at him to which he didn't answer. He knew that right now she was pained and would be more pained so he held his peace and searched the room for the one he longed to see most. Once he saw Kevan, they both acknowledged each other.

" This was never you decision to make alone" Kevan spoke harshly

" I had every right to make it, you know that" he enunciated each word slowly for Kevan to comprehend his message

" At whose expense? Did you stop to think how your decision would affect them or the others? How it would affect us? Me?. Don't go preaching to me about it been your right to decide when you and I both know this is beyond you and me"

" You wouldn't see it from my perspective but understand something, there are far more dangerous and sinister forces than the Aronzians at play here, seeking to unsurp the peace we enjoy with this galaxy, bringing with them a whole new reign of terror. And yes , this far beyond you and me. I am just slowly them down so that you can get to work, Kevan" Hali-chak was deliberate with his words making them sound as though he was talking about Zoltron but a more subtle message was being passed to only Kevan and perhaps the Captain Bilsawag.

" By the Graces of the El, we will meet again." Kevan couldn't reply. He was an emotional wreck right now and could barely hold himself from crying out. He just looked away and closed his eyes tight, trying to save the last images of his cousin who was more a brother and family than his own family.

Hali-chak saw that his work was done and message passed. It was time to say goodbye.

He had been watching the events unfold within the castle on a separate screen as when he saw multitude of the invaders gathered in the castle and around the surrounding areas, within a considerable radius round the castle, he proceeded to issue out authorisation

" A.I, initiate full lockdown and fail safe protocol round the castle . Bring Castle Elenda and it's inhabitations to the ground

" Lockdown initiated, countdown has began"

Katva couldn't speak anymore due to her tears. The entire command center was in shocked silence at the price the prince was willing to pay.

The ship hbowingad now entered steady orbit so the crowned prince unbuckled himself and walked calmly to the front of the screen in order to be visible to Hali-chak. Hali-chak recognized him and his title by his head. The crowned prince went on both knees, a symbolic tradition reserved only for when the heir is thought to be most vunreable, hands stretched out, touching the screen, he whispered words Hali-chak had forgotten his brother could ever outter

" I am sorry"

" I am sorry too. How much I have longed to have you, my brother, Hali-mak, love me. Buts it's already too late" Hali-chak said ,his hand also stretched out to touch the screen as if to say the final farewell

" May the Graces of El -" the screen went blank on both ends. Hali-mak cried. He cried for his failure as a brother and success as a bully. He cried silently for his brother that he just lost. Where would he find redemption.

No one disturbed the prince as he cried his heart out. How could they, when each one of them on the ship owed their lives to the one person they treated worse than a servant.

This was their curse and they would bear it for eternity.

3 Likes

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2022
Please I must give Fair warning. If book 1 was savage and graphic book will be more concentrated on brute force and also graphic on a lesser tone. Secondly this book will have mild sex scene as some characters will we be sex crazed. Thirdly, tye use of strong language will be predominant so don't say I didn't wwarn you. Finally, if you don't have a high emotional tolerance, then prepare to ball your eyes out in tears. This book is rated 18 and readers discretion is advised

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by xaviercasmir(m): 6:21am On Feb 04, 2022
welcome back boss.
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by silverlinen(m): 9:18am On Feb 05, 2022
Omo Emem na refreshment you bring so oo
Been waiting for a while for this
Now let the fun begin Akwaowo
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
silverlinen:
Omo Emem na refreshment you bring so oo
Been waiting for a while for this
Now let the fun begin Akwaowo
L

I hope to please gringrin grin grin grin
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
Thanks

xaviercasmir:
welcome back boss.
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
Here's chapter 2 enjoy

please don't forget to like, share and comment
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2022
Chapter 2

He walked calmly through the maze of connecting caves but his outward calmness belied his inward nervousness. The act he was about to undertake had never been heard of before. Nothing about it was written in the archives or forbidden tomes but this was his chance of a fresh start and he would grab it with both hands without looking back

Even though he never visited Terra Noxx but the stories he heard about that planet were interesting. Their diverse cultures, politics, religious beliefs as well as their arrogance and propensity to cause wars for personal gains, greed and power. But above all, it held a renewed hope for him to experience what life really felt like away from all the drama and attention

He had searched through the many races that were presented before him and all were just as interesting as the other. Finally though, he settled for one of the less dramatic races. He didn't want any drama in this his new life as he had had enough of that and wasn't sure if he would be able to survive another round of chaotic drama.

Though the planning of this very day had been long in the making, the war had been a very good cover to set the plan in motion. And though he was not the most loved prince of Zoltron, he still made sure he protected them even from their own foolry. This " Lucian" figure was fast becoming a real pain in the behind. Staying behind the scene yet wrecking havoc politically, economically and socially. He/she created a household name in terror both there on Zoltron and even unto the farthest reaches. That he/she, was also after him was another fact that didn't sit well with him and for whatever reason, he didn't know. He only came to the knowledge of this after he met the two Dongi's that were helping him.

He approached the meeting point with visitors with more dread than he had before. Uncertainty plagued his thoughts on what ifs' and regrets.

The two Dongis became visible to him as he approached them. There was nothing physically and outwardly special about them. But their aura was what made one know that they were different. Their presence commanded reference and many times had he found it difficult to stand upright when addressing them

" Are you ready ? " Asked one of the Dongi's to which Hali-chak shook his head in the negative then answered

" No one can ever be ready for death"

" See that's were you're wrong. You are not dying. You're just going to be loosing this body and exchange it for another. All your memories of this lifetime will be suppressed until such a time when it's needed and it rise again to your remembrance"

" You make it sound so poetic when you put that way. Still, it seems like death to me" he countered earning him loud sighs from both Dongis but they said nothing. Hali-chak took in one final loud breath before accepting his fate

" Let's do this"

" Step into the circle" ordered one of the Dongis to which he did. The circle held a single strange sign . One of the Dongis stood behind him and placed both hands on his shoulderss while the other stood Infront of him and placed his index finger on Hali-chak's forehead. Immediately the sign within the circle began to glow enveloping his entire body.

Hali-chak felt nothing different, just that his mind became a bit hazey as memory after memory flashed passed him like he was viewing a big screen till everything went blank.

Hali-chak's body vanished, leaving behind his life essence shining like aurora of colours trapped within and amber colored glass jar

Seph stretch forth his left hand and the jar appeared in his hands to which he held on to tight. Then looked towards his companion, he was going to have a serious conversation about name choosing

" Really Chebs. Dongis ?!!. Of all the names in the entire universe, You just had to choose that absurd name such as that" Seph scrowled

" What?! I like the name" Chebs said casually and looked the other way in other to hide his smile. He knew Seph would hate the name hence the name. He was just surprised that it took this long for his companion to react

' it bloody sounds like a nursery school rhyme from Earth" Seph complained,

Chebs smile grew wider. "Oh come on Seph, lighten up. I knew it would rile you up hence why I chose it" Seph shook his head in mild disapproval at Chebs antics

" What about Lucian?" Asked Chebs as they reasumed a more serious discussion. Immediately they saw that the embers of war were being stoked and we're sure Lucian and his minions would push for war till it occurred, they knew that it was then or never for them to swoon in pick their candidate and hide him from Lucian reaches before his time actually came to face them or it would have put a big dent on their plans.

They also knew that Lucian's actual plan was to use the war as cover to pick Hali-chak up. For what reason, they knew not. But it definitely was not to pat him on the back and sing with him. What made it worse was the fact that the Watcher had hidden his aura and identity so well that finding him was near impossible.

Samathiel on the other hand was his eyes and ears within the heavens. How she was able to manage the feat of converting fellow Sentinels,Raphims and Cherubs right under their noses and using them as their as informants without raising suspicions was something even they, found very disturbing. But the moment they discovered the breach, they became more careful with information flow and began pinpointing traitors, marked them but left them to think all was well and dandy while they planned their removal.
That Watcher had finally bitten more than she could chew. Woe betided her the moment they had her in their grasp

" Temporarily blinded from our activities and off our backs. For now, he's still stewing in his double tragedy of collosal defeat and failure too acquire the prince. His earlier quest to find those secretly working behind the scene to thwart his progress, temporarily forgotten" Seph inform as causally rested on the wall of the cave

" Well let's keep it that way. I don't like unforseen circumstances arising again. And Samathiel?" Chebs queried again

" Sam, Sam, Sam. I think it's time we turned our attention on her now that Lucian is preoccupied. Don't you think?!"

Chebs smile wickedly. It was time indeed to take that Watcher out of the Chess board

" Very much time indeed. And I think our little hero's mother just went interested labour. It time to go Seph" and he disappeared just as Seph followed suit.

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Chapter 3

The planet Nixt was almost an identical twin to the Zoltarian home planet, with it lush evergreen forestation, trees that stood as high as two hundred meters above ground, pure drinkable water from fountains whose source was naturally from rock outcrop, sun that though hot, was mild to the skin. Double moons that influenced the tide and cropping season. Infact it was like a second home away from home but it could not replace their real home that was currently being ravage by marauding invaders in the likes of Aronzians and The Felfians. Those two were well known in the trade circuits opportunist and war mongers.

The escapees had, once landed, began setting up plans to reclaim their home world. First they sent coded signals to Zoltron enablimg their assets on ground know that the royal family were save and seeking ways to take back their home land. Head count were discreetly carried out to ascertain survivors, casualties sustain and damages incurred by the war.

News tickling in from Zoltron of the heroics of Hali-chak and how he made sure as many as possible were save in hiding, with provisions made available for them to sustain them till help came..

Survivors had been spread over Zoltron, in secured safe havens made specifically for a purpose such as this. Stocked fully with food, medical kit, weapons and artilleries and comms. Each safe Haven was manned by a Guardian trained and empowered to effectively manage the facility until help came and they were rescued.

And it was coming. Sooner than they expected.

Captain Bilsawag was currently in war mode. The veteran had been coordinating with the League of Vensul, The Hobris of Tarax, The Talaconas, The Grilives and finally, the Morantias - all Allies under the Krazul-valda alliance, on possible rules of engagement and all.

He could feel the tendrils of a possible headache brewing in the peripheral of his head as the alliance were yet to agree to what role each nation in the alliance headed.

Kevan chose the wrong timing to hand over negotiating with this gathering of unrealistic bunch. How Kevan and Hali-chak had managed to keep them in check was a mystery even he knew not. But then again no one save for him and a selected few knew that Krazul-valda was runned not by season diplomats or experienced mercenaries turned peace lovers but two seemingly innocent youngsters. Youngsters who had faced rejection from both family and peers,navigated through the web of the underworld, understood it , conquered it then moved on to dominate the world through their organization.

An organization that no matter the hardest of hearts, just one whisper of being on their watchlist sent dreaded fear. They had managed to build the organization from it's inception of settling mundane disputes within the underworld of Zoltron's slums to become a galatical bully, peace maker, treaty negotiator and on rear occasions outright aggressor.

And here he was filling shoes he had no business filling.

"Damn Hali-chak for putting them in this position. Damn Kevan for being emotional and not being able to function well to be here. Damn the Royal house for putting Hali-chak in the situation that he thought death was a better option. But damn him to damnation if he failed on the one task Kevan and Hali-chak had entrusted him to handle "

He thought to himself as he dived back into the war table to settle the debate once and for all, setting the invasion in motion. The Royal house were counting on him - not like they knew to whom he was negotiating with, the terms of the negotiations and who was bankrolling the operation. All they needed was results

The entire Ruling Houses of Zoltron currently encamped on Nixt was in chaotic mess. Overlords, Highlords, Grand lords and Grand Highlords and their families that once had servants at their beck and call answering to their every whimp and caprice were suddenly starring at the blink reality that they would have to dress themselves, cleanup after themselves, care for themselves without the huge ego that rested on their shoulders. The snubs were the worst hit as they had no survival training to withstand the harsh wilderness. They were suddenly stoned with the reality that their title didn't work there, there wealth was useless, their authority was worthless when they tried to command their guardian in charge of the facility they were housed.

A Grand Highlord had tried to invoke is authority on a guardian to do his bidding so as to jump line for food rations for he and his family but to his shock, he was rudely told to shove his authority up his ass and stay on the queue like the others or take his case to higher authority, which of course was also him. The Grand Highlord had respectfully tuck tail in shame and join the queue.

Another incident was when an over pampered snub tried to seduce her way into a guardians bed to get favor. She was thrown into a holding cell for three day for her brains to function properly. Maybe the long flight had affected her ears when it was announced that there would be no fratanizing with the guardians.

Another instance was a bullying case were the older kids of notable Grand Highlords were brutally beating up a child of an Overlord. A guardian happened to witness the incident and those kids of the Grand Highlords thought it was business as usual , were they could use their fathers name to threaten any guard and he get away with it. The guardian immobilized them, and had them publicly humiliated in the front of their parents and warned that the consequences of any other action of bullying was expulsion from the facility. To drive home their point, video clip was played to showed them what awaited them outside the facility should they think it was a light punishment. The Video of the creatures they saw in action in the wild was enough to give them the right motivation to amend their ways and become saints

After many Western Sundowns - as they had no true concept of time on planet Nixt, the once roudy and unruly atmosphere had began to take a more organized routine.

But all was not still well

Captain Bilsawag had managed to talk the alliance into agreeable terms in the invasion they were about to engage in, assigning each nation their task to fulfill. The bottom line of the counter invasion was to get the Aronzians and their allies off Zoltron land.

It was the best news Katva had heard in days. She knew, somehow, that Hali-chak and Kevan had a hand in this alliance that had chosen to fight for them. Those two always shrouded in secrecy their dealings and on one too many occasion when she had come close to finding whatever they were up to, they had categorically but politely told her to back off for her safety

She did

Kevan

She thought. He wasn't taking the matter the lose too well. Naturally, Kevan was a reserve person but Hali-chak brought out the best and worst in him. Kevan and Hali-chak together, were like a well oiled machine, working in sync to achieve a set goal. Now Kevan had just outrightly withdrawn from public face. It was no news that Kevan was bullied also by his own family and though his case was not as severe as Hali-chak, still it was wrong for the ones who were supposed to be a child's guardian and custodian become their bully and tormentor.

As she strode down the corridor of the Hallway, her mind fell back to the conversation she had with her father some minutes ago

"What did your son, your own flesh and blood really do to you that you hated him so much Father? i am really yet to understand" the princess quried. The act her father portrayed towards his last child bordered on a strange hatred that baffled her. Her father ignored her presence and rants altogether and kept writing. Since they had land on this planet, it was always like a routine between them that it was getting boring.

Katva saw that he was not going to answer her decided to take another approach

" I will never forgive you for the cruety and hatred you have shown my brother. You had better pray to whatever god you serve that when we get back to Zoltron, I see his body so that I can bury him like a true royal he is or hell would freeze over" a threat issued by Katva was not one to take kindly and her father knew this. Katva was not nicknamed " Lady Threat" for no reason. When she threatened, she followed through with it.

The King dropped his pen and looked straight into his daughter's eyes. In a voice calm, cool and steady, that had made great Zoltans, tremble in despair, spoke

" Katva, you are my daughter but daughter or not, you do not threaten your King. So. Know. Place."

" My place Father. Know my place Father? Did you even hear yourself father? -" her tone going higher than normal

"- You, a father, watched your own son die, your own flesh and blood. The only reason through which you are alive and breathing today is because of him. And yet you tell me to know my place when you, father, have forgotten your place as a father to your own child whose only crime was to be born.

" ENOUGH!!" Bellowed the King. His patience had been running thin with his daughter nagging him over Hali-chak's death for the past many Western Sundowns since they arrived on this planet. If only she knew the real truth- a truth he wasn't ready to share yet until he got all the facts right.

His face scruched in anger he starred down at his daughter, standing up from his chair to attain his full height and unsheathed his dominance. She didn't even flinch, her stubbornness, legendary, she looked right back at him, not standing down

" You have no idea how thin the lines are between truth and lies, what is shown and what lays behind the veil Katva. Hate me all you want but there are things way beyond my control that if I had my way, I would have changed before it got out of hand. I can't bring Hali-chak back so live with it"

She was going to have the last word

"Yet that rejected prince was solely responsible for the survival of our entire race

I wonder how you sleep at night" She ended her rant and turned to leave. When she was just inches away from the door, she turned her face her father who was still standing, glaring at her back

" The moment your hate for Hali-chak blossomed, You inevitably doom Zoltron and it's inhabitants. The moment he died, our fate was sealed. So Congratulations your majesty, you will go down in what is left of our history, if any will be left by then, as the King who killed out our kind " she turned and walked out of his makeshift office, her words hold strong a meaning in which he was going to find out soon Before she walked far enough from his office, she could hear things been thrashed around.

"It's alittle too late for that " she thought as she walked on in search of her next victim - her elder brother Hali-mak

She asked around for were to locate her brother until he was told by the company he kept his current location to which she set out to find

When she got there, what she found was funny in a strange way and didn't know when she bursted out laughing. But it wasn't a laugh of mirthfulness but one of a sad irony

Sad irony that once, a young Hali-chak had been the one crying for the love and attention of his brother. Instead,she had had to stand in and act as both a father, mother, a sister and a brother all-in-one package to him while the one he longed for as a role model snubbed and treated him as a waste of space.

Hali-mak heard her laugh but ignored her and refused to look her way

" If you're here to make me more miserable than I really am then please, save it, misreablity seems to be my new companion these days and I will forever live with the guilt chunning on my inside"

" Well at least you now feel a little of what the young one felt when you brushed him aside and let your friends demean him despite his birth right. A wonderful brother you are Hali-mak. I begged you but you wouldn't listen. I warned you yet you felt so royal that, in your own words - he was just a waste of space. But guess what, statement will come back- scratch that- has come back to bite you in the behind because that waste of space is the sole reason you still have a people to rule"

" You are unbelievable Katva." Said an exasperated Hali-mak but Katva could care less

" But that's not why I am here. I need to know when captain Bilsawag will be staging the invasion. The quicker we take back our home the faster I can get out of your breathing space so that misreablity can be you now companion." Katva had alot on her chest but she let it seat for now. First home then she would unleash hell

" Three northern Sundowns from today. The alliance forged by the Krazul-valda have agreed on each and everyone's role and have gone back to prepare for war" he replied casually.

" Good." She looked at her elder brother critically and he wasn't looking good. He entire being looked unkempt, from his attires to his bodily grooming, all was a mess Hali-chak's death had hit him worse than she had expected and though she might have acted all high and mighty, throw the guilts of their disgraceful behavior back at them, she still cared even for that big oaf called her father.

" You best go take cary of yourself. You look like the animal called a pig from Terra Noxx" she turned and left. At least she finally got an answer to here budding question. Finally she could return and find Hali-chak's body and give it a befitting burial. She cried quietly in her heart for her loss but she promised herself that everyone of them involved would pay with their blood
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2022
So guys what's your take so far. I would like to know your thoughts
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by dawno2008(m): 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2022
Thanks @Emempaul for this new story,let row together again
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2022
Chapter 4

It was not long after the flight of the ruling house that they made a come back to reclaim their home planet from the hands of the Aronzians and their allies. With the help of an alliance force, who's firepower overshadowed those of the enemy, who's number dwarfed those of the enemy invaders, they quickly over ran the invaders, forcing them to beat a retreat. That didn't seem to be enough so the pursued even to the fringes of the Bangolia belt on the Yzula galaxy, destroying as many war ships and stragula battle shuttles as they cost catch. The ground forces , not having a backing of their parent ship, had no choice but to surrender to the Zoltans. The stubborn ones were immediately gunned down with out hesitation and rest, taken as prisoners of war.

When all the dust had settled and the ruling house returned, their first point of call, even before rebuilding effort was to begin, was to nip the seed of discord between the ruling house and their subjects that started this war at the source - balance of power. Because even with the damage and carnage caused by the war , dissatisfaction was still evident amongst the populace

The war had started as dissatisfaction among citizens due to the highandedness of some officials in the ruling house through out Zoltron, the ruling houses played political manuevering with the issue inorder to cement their hold on power and even rise. The King and the royal house, thinking that in stoking the egos of the other ruling houses, they would be able to maintain order all the while throwing a blind eye to the plight of the citizenry. All the while, sinister figures worked tirelessly on the background to fund strive and cause chaos, all to thoer benefits

The discord amongst the citizenry, grew slowly and steadily, birthing factions and sects, still the ruling houses did nothing. When those factions and sects started a civil unrest to push forward their demands, the ruling houses without the authorization of the Royal house clamped down on the dissidents. This action only fueled their demands for a fairer representation.

While the Royal house suddenly sat up to their responsibilities and gave a listening ear to the demands of Zoltan citizenry, some Overlords and Highlords plotted behind the scene to sabotage their efforts for their own personal gains and rank by killing the major face for the resistance.

They didn't count on their deeds backfiring thereby leading to a deadly and protracted civil war that lasted seven Northern moons. It was in the midst of efforts to finding lasting peace that Aronzia, the great opportunistic race of war mongers along with their well oiled war machines sort to conquer Zoltron. Knowing fully the Zoltron could not afford another war seeing that it just came out of one, overwhelmed them with a show of force

What they didn't count on was the Zoltans, putting all their differences aside and banding together to fight them nor the kind of resistance that they face. And though they marginally won the war, it was at a huge cost. A cost that when the Zoltans returned to take back their home world, they capitalized on

Now the Zoltans were back home and we're ready to rebuild from their loses but first they wanted assurance from the Ruling Houses that even though the war had caused waton destruction of their properties as well as lose of their loved ones, they had not forgotten their demands for a better Zoltron that was a benefit to all not to some.

The Royal house vetoed for a rebuild, in other to mend broken bridges between rulers and citizens. For a reform, in other to move alongside the citizenry, taking into consideration, their say in matters that directly or indirectly affectedbthem. And for justice and fairness

This being done, Zoltron began rebuilding again a united race, summounting every obstacle that life threw their way in other to rise again. But within their midst, a sinister figure and his cohorts watched with dismay, how Zoltron rebuilt itself from the ruins.

" Those fools have interfered with our plans yet again and our quarry has escaped our hands. How do we bloody proceed now with our plans" seethed, a fuming Lucian who paced the length of inner room. A female sat on the bed watching him nonchalantly.

" Lucian, you of all people knew that this was a high risk game we played and we're bound to draw attention to us. The problem is, who was responsible and how did they know who our target was? After all we didn't go about flinging it to the public. Something doesn't add up" the female observed. Nothing added up one bit. First off, none of her contacts heaven side could really point out any anomaly in the dealings of the celestials.

Everything was business as usual as there was no charter on events happening on this end of the Galaxy, making her come to the conclusion that whoever was running this show, did so from the background. If there was anything she had learned from her years of existence, it was that there was not a more dangerous enemy than one hidden in plain sight. An unknown enemy was far more deadlier than a known one.

All the recent events that unfolded before their eyes are a very clear indication that that old geezer was closing in on them. She was wise as well as a realist. She played a very dangerous gamble and it didn't work out, now it was time to cut her loses and flee.

She stood up from the bed and shayshayed towards Lucian and rested her hands on his tensed back and tried to massage it to calm his nerves.

When she was sure Lucian was a bit relaxed, she turned him gently towards herself. Once she had his attention she spoke

" Lucian, it's time we laid low. If what I am thinking is right then we need to go back into obscurity

" And what are you thinking" he asked

" That the old greedy fool is involved. We are being played according to their dictates. It was just too easy for all our plans to fall in place without interference from those holy hermits only for everything to fall through at the last moment when we were close to achieving success.

So Lucian, do you still want to move on with the plan knowing that you were never really in control and you were just a puppet?" She asked. When He didn't answer, she smiled knowing she had convinced him

" Do not be in a haste to anger and shed your old identity yet Lucian. Maintain your cover for now till when the everything blows over, then watch for who the movers are, their informants,if any, to know better who we are up against . No matter how long they hide in the background, who ever they are are bound to make an appearance. When they do, we'll be ready for them. For now, I shall return to earth and lower realms of the Heavenly and find out more about who we are up against from our spies. For we fight against a formidable opponent chosen by the Creator himself." Lucian pondered over what Samathiel said and saw good reasoning to it.

" I hate to admit, but you are right on this one. Since they still don't know who I am, maybe they did these to force my hands and reveal myself prematurely. I shall maintain my cover as you wish my love. "

" I know I'm right Ras. Now come here and do wonders with that tongue of yours on this body of mine" she said, dropping the thin layered material that covered her unclothedness, exposing her glorious body to him

His eyes darkened with lust as she starred at her luscious body.

"This temptress would be the death of him" he thought silently as he kissing her senseless while his hands trailed southwards towards it's favourite spot between her legs. Her moans excited his " little hammer".

Their troubles could take the back burner for the day. Sunhigh would come with its own troubles

- not edited
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by silverlinen(m): 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2022
You can never contend with the Almighty
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by dawno2008(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2022
Not edited,still fun to read,pls keep it flowing @Emempaul
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 11:01pm On Feb 14, 2022
[b]Chapter 5

Somewhere in the Heavenlies

The Sentinel in the persona of a female appeared before her supposed superiors like always to be brieved on matters partaining her performance and evaluation so far in her sentence.

But all was not as was seen.

To the every other celestial, it's was as it was meant to be seen. She took the easy way out and ran away from owning up for her short coming of not reporting her observations of the Watchers that rebeled.

To everyone else, it was as should be. She had held a highly esteemed rank before her flight, now she would serve her former juniors, taking the ridicle and bear the insults of her failure. She would even at some point become a proverb they would use to caution others.

"When did celestials become so petty like the humans that they threw compassion into the wind in other to find pleasure in belittling a fellow Sentinel despite their short comings" she had mused within herself

To everyone else, it was as it should be. She was mocked, spat on, discriminated against but she held her peace.

To everyone else , it was as it was meant to be. She was the disgraced and demoted Sentinel who ran away from her post and now she was serving her punishment for her error

To everyone else, that is.

But to the people that mattered, she was their eyes and ears amongst the circle of celestials she was posted to work with. In their pride , they oftentimes talked over her head thinking that she was a nobody with no authority. Things that would normally be said in secret, were spoken freely in her presence so much so that the things she heard sent fear down her spine that she feared for her safety and sanity. So this how deep the seed of rot that Samael, Samayaza, Samathiel and their lot had sown had eroded their common reasoning.

The Raphims and Cherubs along with the other celestials in the Principalities of the Lower Heavens were, for all intents and purposes unsaveable. A purge had to be carried out fast inorder to stop this madness from spreading.

When she walked towards her "supposed" superiors, for her "supposed" periodic evaluation she didn't hesitate to spill all she learnt in the short while she was their

" From you face, we'll take it as that it' isn't going to be cheerful news from your end" Seph remarked causing Ariel to shake her head in the negative before responding

" The entire realm save for very few is failed. Very Few meaning very very few. A purge needs to issued fast. The names mentioned within the Upper Principalities are such that you will never even believe. The treachery runs deeper than is thought, Samael's influence is still being felt. Samathiel is indoctrinating new followers. How she is doing it, no one knows. Information is being related back to her steadily and the seed of pride is embedded deep into the threshes of the entire realm" She explained her observations to them. Seph was bewildered by the information while Chebs just looked like he was just being told that Santa Claus didn't exist.

" What do you mean by the whole realm?! Are you say that there are not much worth saving?" Asked a still bewildered Seph.

" Pride and arrogance taints the heart and minds of the leaders, arrogance and prejudice drives the doings of their subordinates. It has festered like a sore that has refused to heal and has lingered long enough to infect other parts of the body. I and the very few were like literally a lone shinning star in dark abyss and I also fear for my continued stay there. Please I beg you, don't send me back there, else what good I have left will be swallowed and I may just become like them." She explained further giving them a true description of the rot in the Principalities of the Lower Realm. Her fears were not for nothing as she also had seen first hand what association with the wrong set of individuals could influence ones actions and thoughts. Also her little time within the lower realms had slowly but surely began to erode her light and little by little darkness had began taking it seat

Chebs had noticed her countenance and looked deep into her heart and mind, saw through her fears and terror. He began to truely understand what she saw as he looked deep into her thoughts. Truely there was no redemption left for the Sentinels of the Lower Realm. He saw the darkness that had began to grow in her and her constant fight to suppress it from flourishing.

He walked towards her holding her eye contact and declared

" You shall never have to fight the darkness alone anymore" touching her on both head and chest , pouring grace into her to fight off the darkness that was only beginning to take seat in her heart. The grace washed over her cleansing her completely that she became spotless.

" As of this moment, you shall not be returning there. You have been reassigned. Your scope of working still applies. Worry not for your cover for it is still intact. The few faithful amongst them shall be saved and transferred to other realms. From what you have told us and what I have witnessed through your mind, we need to expand our team.

You shall be hearing from us. Return back to your warden and act as a down trodden when news of your reassignment is read to you. The warden shall also be reassigned shortly after you leave as not to raise suspicions. We trust not is affiliations and loyalties.Before this is over, many will fall.

Trouble times lay ahead of us, but by His Grace, we shall prevail." Chebs encouraged Ariel as Seph looked on, his mind already formulating a plan to be brought to His Ambassador so that they may vet before enacting. It was time for the Ambassador to pay Samael a visit. His excesses were not to be any longer tolerated

She bowed her head in reference then disappeared. When both Sentinels were alone, Seph spoke indignantly for the first time in a very long time.

" That fucking greedy prick called Morning Star is biting more than he can chew. His influence on the Lower Realms has gone on for far too long. We have to cut his excess now. My only annoyance is the "no kill" embargo that the Creator placed on him else his life would have been held forfeited by now."

" Even at that Seph, we have to tread carefully. One wrong move and all these would bomarang. We move on with the plan as we agreed upon. Report this new fings to His Ambassador, formulate a new plan that works with our current one and play it through. I already know the mind of your has done the formulating already so let's take it before him for His scrutinizing. Once approved, we act on it. Agreed?" Seph wasn't happy but no amount of anger would let him go against the Creator or his Ambassador.

" Agreed" he grumbled.

" Seph kill the anger. It doesn't suit you."

" Hahaha Chebs"

" Let's get out of this depressing place. You face is also depressing and I need my orange juice." Chebs said and vanished followed by a still fuming Seph.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 11:54am On Feb 15, 2022
Can you guys still remember who this female character in the last update, is.

*** Clue crazy daughter from book one
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by silverlinen(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2022
Ah...swears i don forget the character oo.
But i go revisit book 1 go check.. thanks for the update boss.
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
Chapter 6

Many northern moons had seen the Gorian Mount and the rebuilding effort on Zoltron were moving on slowly but steadily. The once haughty and arrogant Ruling Houses, due to the reforms that saw to it that their powers and excesses were checked and caged at every need point necessary, became shadows of themselves.

The reforms itself, at it's inception and early days was met with stiff resistance. The House of Lords felt the houses of Royals and Guardians had wittled down their powers in other gain more political favor from the citizenry, effectively making them irrelevant to the citizenry who were originally in their care, which in no truer term was as they thought. For a scapegoat was needed to placade the citizens and the House of Lords had to take the fall.

And what little powers they had left to exercise, the house of Guardian were to police them every step of the way. For all intents and purposes, the House of Lords became a figured head, a just punishment for them allowing their greed to supercede their duty to the citizenry and playing politics with people's lives.

The Overlords and Grand Highlords of the House of Lords protested their punishment first with walkouts and neglect of duties but when that didn't seem to be enough to pass on the message of their greivances, the resorted to much violent means of riots and insurrection to which both were met with stiff resistance.

And for the first time in the history of Zoltron, the High Council mulled disbanding the entire House of Lords and declaring them, their companions, shirer and all partaining them as FARGUIL. While disbanding the House of Lords was a dicey issues, the Farguil was not touchey, though the punishment itself was also quite rear. To be declared a Farguil was not a light decision as the person or persons which such tags applied to were literally hunted to their death without necessarily killing them. In other words, they were quite literally frustrated to their own deaths no matter were they went or hid. It also needed the unanimous vote of the entire high council for it to be enacted.

The remnants of the House of Lords that still held true their oath to the throne and to Zoltron, pleaded their case.before the High Council to consider they who held true to their oaths and who stood stedfast with them and their reforms. They prayed that the innocent should not be bundled together with the guilty and though it would forever remain a stain in their history, they would bear it as their shame.

They pleaded the High Council to reconsider their judgement and tamper justice with mercy. The High Council heard their plea and relented but on the condition that they, the remnants of the House of Lords, be the ones to carryout a purge within themselves in other to root out the bad eggs amongst them. Secondly, that though their seat on the High Council was secured, it would remain vacant until they had worked to earn the trust of the citizenry back and after that, they would also work even harder to earn the trust of the High Council. Only then would they be admitted back into the High Council as a decision maker. For all intents and purposes, their previous punishment of limitations of their powers still stood, if and only if they fulfilled their own end of the deal.

They accepted and did as they promised. In no time, the insurrection and riots that plagued the Zoltron and it's territories died down to it's embers, greedy High Lords, Grand Highlords and Overlords were pushed out, exiled or summarily executed, depending on their crimes. Hardline reforms within the House of Lords were imposed to cut down and put a check on the excesses of it's hierarchy. Slowly but surely, citizen trust and confidence was being restored to them and overtime, the House of Lords were reinstated back into the High Council

Many more Northern Moons later, a celebration was instituted planet wide, to remind all Zoltans alike - Nobles and Citizens, what a united front could build and what selfish minds could destroy. Festivities stretched for seven sun downs and only ended when the King took the stage to address and admonished the citizens and nobles alike on the benefits of unity and then blessed them all in farewell till another Northern Moon.

While the euphoria of the Celebration of Unity continued each Northern Moon, the one soul who made it possible was forgotten to obscurity. Whose life force was tied to Zoltron's prosperity and who's death, set off a chain of events that spelt doom, unknown to Zoltron .

Planet Zoltron was blessed with an intricate climatic pattern, influenced by the Stars surrounding it. The Crazodul or the Major Star was a sun that rose from the south of Mount Goria and set on the North of the Lake Xru. During the season when it rose, Major outdoor activities were suspended till sundown. Movements were restricted and when the need was urgent, it was with special vehicle with adequate shielding. At this period, Markets and businesses were moved underground. Tunnel roads were built by industries to aid movement of workers to and from their jobs, learning hubs were closed during those Sundowns to avoid harm to the younglings.

During this season, though short, as it lasted for only three Southern blood moons, the heat absorbed by the lake Xru was harnessed and converted to thermal energy and then power which in turn was distributed to homes and industries.

The Lesser star or the Endazulian star was a milder yellow sun that the inhabitants of Zoltron could bask in. It was a sun that allowed activities rise to the surface of the planet and all that was dull became refreshed and basked in it's warm, mild heat. Most importantly, it was a period the skys opened and bled water to the fields, giving strength to their crops and livestocks. It lasted for thirteen Southern blood moons. It was in this season that majority of the crops that served for food all over Zoltron were cultivated and stored up against the Crazodul's season. Excesses were traded to other planets in exchange for either currency, equipment, alliances or charity

One of the local Legends that flew around amongst the citizenry had it that the founding progenitor of Zoltron after creating Zoltron and it's first inhabitants, blessing that with knowledge, wisdom and abilities and saw that all he created was beautiful, he decided to rest and his resting place was the in the heart of the Endazulian star were his glory shined over Zoltron, protecting and nourishing them to flourish above their contemporaries. It was also said it was he who instituted the hierarchy of Zoltron and set before them a seed, his choosen, whom through him or her and their shire and not blessed to be rulers but would only be his eyes and ears on Zoltron, interfacing between him and the hierarchy of Zoltron.

History had it that they faded into oblivion when a betrayer amongst Zoltron sold them out to their enemies for power, wealth and a chance at seating on Mount Goria. The only way to overthrow Zoltron was to first get rid of " The Eyes of Izula "as they referred to, as that was the name of their principal God in which the entire Zoltron served. Their gifts amongst others granted them the ability of foresight, hindsight and a silver tongue - a deadly combo against enemies who tried to invade Zoltron. It was also written that once they had a foresight of danger revealed to them and the perpetrator was exposed, they could enter their minds through their dreams and depending on their mode, order their enemies to kill themselves. This alone made Zoltan empire feared all-over the Galaxy at that time.

Enemies, through years of careful planning, infiltrated the ranks of The Eyes of Izula, placing a sleeper traitor amongst them who in turn, through many northern moons, rose through their ranks, became prominent enough become their head, and then, the tool that became their bane whom brought their downfall once he was activated. It was a massacre withhe intention to spare none, not even himself

History had it, that only a family of four escaped the massacre and remained hidden never to seen or heard from again. That the reason that the Star of Endazul still shone and gave sustenance to the people was because the bloodline still lived howbeit hidden. However, the death of Hali-chak set in motion chain of events that tied him to being the last of that bloodline

First, it was subtle, with no significant change in Seasons and Times, just cooler than normal winds during the Major Stars - Crazodul's ascension. Then over time, Zoltron's Lesser star - Endazul, responsible for crop growing began waning weak with lesser sunshine to strengthen crop growth and more cloud cover to that encouraged pest and diseases to ravage the already weak crop. And though the strength of devastation was still tolerable, questions began to be asked while Zoltron's bright minds began searching for ways to ameliorate the effects of the change in Seasons. But they were yet to face the worst

Northern Moons came and went and the Endazulian star waned weaker and weaker, giving out lesser brightness and warmth while the Crazodulian star's heat began to wane also bringing with it cooler winds that ravaged the landscape. Still nothing could be done to stop the deterioration. Twenty Northern Moons after the war, the Endazulian star refused to shine again. Crops failed, food became scarce and expensive because food now had to be grown on other planets that supported the crop growth native to Zoltron along with introduction of new crops from other planets that were compatible and acceptable to the Zoltarian stomach

Sages from the House of knowledge finally discovered the cause of the dearth and Death of the Endazulian Star, pinpointing it invasion of Zoltron some twenty something Northern moons back. They also pinpointed it as the probable point the last bloodline of The Eyes of Izula perished. What made everyone gasp in shock, fear and shame was when the Grand Sagelis stated whom the possible bloodline belonged to. A forgotten name but now remembered for the ills metted out on him, yet he rallyed help to their aid when they needed it the most

Hali-chak

How did the humans on Terra Noxx usually put it

" Kama was a real bitch." The King to mused to himself the irony in which life had thrown his way in the form of his last child. He watched through the window pane the Celebration of Unity currently ongoing on the grounds of the newly rebuilt Castle Zoltron. He shook his head to cast away the negative thoughts that were building up in his mind.

He turned away from the celebration to face the members of council along with The Sagelis Archivian, The Provodent Soriti and The Targentis Matez, all seated in the throne room with a grim face. The three new entrants had brought in news of hope and also of warnings and the faces of his council members currently reflected their emotion as the news they just heard was both exciting, hope inspiring,sombering and grim. He turned his head towards his Head Trav-nzuga that was currently standing sentry behind the throne seat.

" Send for Hali-Mak and Heli-Katva " he instructed to which the Head Trav-nzuga bowed in reference and exited the throne room to run his erand.

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2022
Chapter 7

Before the High Council meeting............

Times and seasons changes had a way of invigorating the soul of any being. Be it the dropping of leaves from it's parent plant , a sign to that the Crazodulian star would rise soon and that all should make ready for its blighting heat . To the springing forth, from the hard cracked surface,devoid of any moist, the plants that had successfully weathered the Crazodulian heat to bask in the warmth of and refreshing tears of the Endazulian star. Even the exotic wildlife were not left out from experiencing the exhilarating anticipation of the change season.

And locked in the archives of The Sagelis Archivian were detailed descriptions of how times and seasons should be, how it affected the inhabitants and wildlife of Zoltron as well as weird alterations and deviations from the normal pattern, its causes and what was done to ameliorate the situation. The archives were updated regularly as either remembered or were something significant happened

It was so normal to them that even after their return from SafeHaven and found that either due to providence or just shear luck, little or nothing had been touched on the palace grounds or within the palace itself of The House of Sages, the excitement and euphoria of meeting their citadel and home in one piece made them fail to take cognisance of the subtle change slightly cool breeze that caressed their skin in what was supposed to be a period of scorching heat...... or they just pushed it to been the effects of the heat emanating from the canons and weaponry used in air combat as well as those used in space that had affected the weather pattern of the planet. It was not until five Northern Moons of continued cooler winds,less intense heat during the Crazodulian season and the dimming of the Endazulian Star, did they start to take it as a serious matter.

Now Here they were, twenty two Northern Moons later, after scàvenging the entire archive pouring through scripts and anals of those before them, did they finally find a breakthrough in the cause of the decline of the Endazulian Star

In one of the archives, whose section was covered with the webs and empty cadavers of small creatures sucked dry by the arachai, an equivalent of the insect called a spider on Terra Noxx but with a much more larger body size, laid tomes upon tomes, laying encased in Amber and sealed with the first seal of the House of Sage - a serpent coiling over a book, meaning cunny and wise. It was the official symbol of the House of Sages for hundreds upon thousands of northern moons untill it was changed some five thousand northern moons ago to a firebird who's wings were spread wide, standing majestically in front of a tome that had the inscription carved in Azolian, its meaning common to the entire House of Sages as it was drilled into them from a tender age -

Through fire, Knowledge is Refined,

Through Knowledge, fire is Defined

Breaking the enchantment protecting the tomes was no easy task as it was cast at a time power of the Sages was still at its strongest purest form, with the craze for pure bloodline pairing between potential companions very rampant back then. It had taken the Sagelis Archivian, Sagelis Votalis, Sagelis Filiyu, all heads of the different ranks within the House of Sages to break the enchantment and even then, the toll on them was so enormous that all three of them were incapacitated for many Sundowns in other to recuperate.

With them finally able to break down the enchantments, they were rewarded we historical records thousands of northern moons old. Myths and legends once thought to be fables to entertain the minds of young shires were in fact confirmed authentic truths. Woven truths that were spind to become accepted truth were confirmed fabricated just to ease a certain Grand Highlord's ego. The list went on and on until they had finally found a similar situation that happened many eons ago that best reflected their current predicament.

................ It's was in the reign of His Majesty, King Salasury Mondec Ali-eck-szan-dek, seven hundred and fifteenth ruler from the pure line of Izula, ruler of ages, Guardian and Protector of Zoltron, that did the Omnisee of the Eyes of Izula revolt against his own and blood was spilt. Omnisee Werltsrad ran amock in craze, killing every male, female, youngling and suckling within sight without remorse.

The citadel that housed the Eyes of Izula bled blood,gore and tears, then silence. It was said that Izula cried for the death and destruction of his choosens as the clouds bled water and the skies roared in anger. Yet Omnisee Werltsrad stood tall and walked majestically towards the King's army that had layed seige to the citadel in other to save the remnants of the House of Izula.

With a proud voice, he declared his victory over Zoltron's pompous pride, arrogance and domineering status, saying that now they had no more, Eyes of Izula, it was now a level playing field for anyone who could try and conquer Zoltron.

Omnisee Werltsrad, after his declaration, cleaved himself to death in the presence of the King by calling on the lightening that struck him and burned him to ashes, a final mockry to the Zoltarian throne as he didn't grant the King the satisfaction of kill him for his dastard act .

The skies deemed for may Northern Moons, Izula's pride refuse to bring forth it warmth that graced our crops, skin and watered our forest. Crazodul became bitter with a coldness that froze the bones and killed the forest for the sin committed against his brother, Izula. Hunger scourged the land and enemies sook to invade Zoltron at it's weakest. Rumors of a possible assault from Aronzia and its allies burned the ears of many and all prepared for the worste.

But hope arose from the South of the Vales of Hifa, a family of four had escaped the ordeal that befell their kin only by providence, as they had been on a family retreat. But they refused to return, neither did they reveal their identity for fear of their safety. Only when Zoltron needed them the most did a representative visit the King with instructions and words of wisdom to aid them.

Crazodul's anger, on behalf of his brother, Izula, receeded having felt the latter's joy of reuniting with the remnants of his choosens. The brightness of Izula's wrath deemed and his warmth felt again all over Zoltron while Crazodul's cold anger thawed to once again scorch the land to balance Zoltron's ecology. But the Eyes of Izula never congregated again, chosing to hide their identity in plain sight by blending in with the other Noble Houses in other to maintain and propagate a somewhat pure bloodline for the survival of their kind, yet keeping true to their real identity.

Their sworn oath and loyalties to always come to the Zoltron's aide stood but never would they make their identities and abilities known so publicly

In the reign of King Jasger Fortil Ali-eck-szan-dek, nintith from his fathers Josra Fuskil Ali-eck-szan-dek, also known as the Crazy King..................

That section of the time was read and reread over and over again to be sure of what they were seeing. If this was true, then this was definitely a repeat of what happened eons ago and they were just only in the early stages of Izula's anger. But the only problem now was the identity of Izula's choosen was and how he or she probably was killed and if there was any way to mitigation the effects of their folly.

It had taken many Sundowns for them to narrow down possible likely and unlikely candidates. While all the likely candidates were all eliminated, the unlikely candidates - or in this case, candidate, just kept popping up. They chose to first ignore the person as they didn't have a good historical interaction with the individual. But with the elimination of all the likely candidates on their list and when it became even more evident that all indications were pointing towards this individual even with his last act of bravery, distraught and shame overshadowed the room.

This was that very one individual that they, had cast aside for no just reason, disregarded, harmed, bullied, disgraced and when he decided to stand up for himself and refused to be down trodden, they ignored, had actually been the one they were supposed to acknowledge and even protect from harm. The Sagelis Archivian didn't want to dwell on their erring's yet as no good could come out of it. The self loathing and shame would come later but right now, they had a job to do by informing the High Council of their findings.

Luckily, the Celebration of Unity was still at its peak, so his presence at the Castle wouldn't raise any suspicions of his visit.

<=========^^^^^==========>

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
The female stood in the fields that spanned as far as the eyes could see. It was an endless field of green grasses with scanty but lust trees here and there. Scenery was bright as day yet no sun shone, the clouds moved freely yet no wind blew. She stood there not knowing what brought about this vision. The last she remembered was she looking up to the now deemed Endazulian star that once brought joy with it's coming, warmth with it's brightness and life with it power and wondering what could have possibly caused the star to deem.

As she made to move around to inspect her surroundings, a movement in the sky caught her attention. At first, it looked like an Artilian, creature of the air whose expoilt in hunting it's prey was legendary. A scant of fear invaded her mind as she was the only possible prey in the vast open expanse of land, but then she remembered that she was in a vision so she watched with fascination as the creature flew closer and lower.

It was when the air creature got closer, she recognized it was a firebird, the air creature whose image graced the emblem of the House of Sages, a representation of wisdom, power and a beginning without and end. What was strange to her was that neither she nor any of her kin had any bloodline related to the House of Sages so why was she seeing the firebird in her vision, a first to ever be heard of, from a Provodent Soriti, the head of the House of Seers.

Firebirds were held in high esteem as Guardians of the Undying. The Undying were those granted the gift of rebirth without actually tasting death. Just like the Eyes of Izula, they vanished into oblivion with no way to trace their bloodline. Though stories of their legendary expoilts were scattered throughout history of Zoltron, what happened to them still remained a mystery as they just upped and left without a trace. A Firebird were also known to only make appearance when one blessed as an Undying was born and rumors had it that one was sighted when the late Queen gave birth to their last shire - the Forgotten prince. But to see seven firebirds in one location and to appear to a non-undying was really disconcerting.

As she marveled at the magnificent creature dancing in the clear skies while also trying to decipher the meaning, the firebird was joined by another and another and another until there were seven firebirds in the sky above her, dancing to a melody only they could hear.

This continued for a while until they started flying around in a pattern. At first sight, it looked like uncoordinated swiveling around in the air but at a closer look, to which she did, a pattern was formed. While the first firebird maintained its circling through a shorter distance, the other firebirds circled round it such that it was in their center. As she looked closer, trying to decipher the meaning of the pattern, it suddenly dawned on her what tye pattern was.

It was an eye, more bluntly, the Eyes of Izula

As if realising that she had finally understood the pattern they had been trying to show to her., speckles of golden cosmic dust descended from above her and a scene unfolded before her. She was shown the birth of a child, a Terra Noxx child, with voice saying

Light of Endazul is reborn, choosen of Izula arises, hope yet burns, but darkness is swift to come upon Zoltron. Yet the choosen must return to set wrong, aright and quench the march of the one who's malicious greed and thirst for power consumes Zoltron

Dira woke up from her vision all flustered. She had fallen asleep on the cushion by the window while grazing at the moons of sundown. She immediately made to change and head for the Castle at once. Blessing the heavens that the festivities was still ongoing, a good cover for her visit as it wasn't common for The Provodent Soriti to personally pay the King a social visit out of the blued. With the festivities, lesser questions were asked of her presence

<======^^^^^^======>

" Grevat !! Srevat !! Come in here now!!! Bellowed the Condren, with a lot of displeasure laced in his voice. His target were his twin sons who were so full of mischief but this was taking their youthful pranks too far and a direct insult on the soul of the individual who once owned the madalion that now dangled mid air at the center of Temple.

As the Targentis Matez, or the Store Keeper, his job was to ensure the safety and protection of Zoltron's relic heritage both the good and bad. It was his duty ,just like his fathers before him and their father before them, to know every history of Zoltron's relics and paraphernalias used by all the Houses that made up the High Council, the good, the bad and the ugly sides of their usage as well as the working mindset of those that had used it.

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2022
When they had returned from their temporal stay at SafeHaven, Heli-Katva had approached him and entrusted the safety of the medallion begging that it was the last thing she had of her youngest sibling, the official seal of the House Ali-eck-szan-dek of the House of Royals. Each family within each ruling house crafted medallion bearing the insignia of the said family and gave it to each of their shires. Normally, it didn't fall under his purview to take charge of such mundane paraphernalia, but from the request was asked from and to whom the request was directed to was one he would never refuse.

Katva and Chak were like the annoying children you couldn't help but love despite their obnoxious ness. And they grew on him and didn't take his harshness with a pinch of salt and always found a way to make him smile and on rear occasions, laugh hard
Though he took a companion latter in life that gave him the two demons that were currently standing in front of him, breathless, from running up several steps,those two thought him patience and love that was absent from his childhood and for that, he would always be greatful to her majesty, bless her soul In the afterworlds, for forcing those two small monster who made their earlier days together with him , a dreadful duty he soon turned to love and cherish.

When news of Chak's death reached him, he cried as though he had lost a shire, for many Sundowns. His companion though not understand the attachment he had with the prince and princess, she was patient with him till he came out of his somber state. For her to understand his sorrow, he explained his loveless childhood growing up and how Queen Hananel, despite his cold stands and demeanor, saw a prospect in him. She took it upon herself to groom his younger self, showering love when needed, encouraged him when he needed it and reprimanded him when he did that which was a disappointment to her and unbecoming of him. She stood by him until she was sure he could become his own person and put him in the charge of then Targentis Matez to groom him for takeover from him as the former didn't have a shire to call his own as he couldn't shire any.

When Corden took over post, he took it with all seriousness to the extent of refusing himself the funs and cares that the gift of living brought along. And while he thought no one watched as they were too busy to pay him any attention, the queen secretly schemed, placing her last two in his care to mentor. The King disagreed with the idea vehemently, wanting to put the commoner card to which she rebuked him instantly, giving him and ultimatum that he had no other choice than to succumb to her request. Already he had began showing signs of hate and unlove to her last and had also confided in him of her Sundowns not lasting longer due to a strange ailment that had befallen her that with all their advancement, were yet to find a cure.

At first, it was a heavy chore for him and he took out his aggression, verbally, on the younglings, the female being ten northern moons and the male only four northern moons. The male eldest of fourteen northern moons stayed with his father's trusted and seasoned advisors to be trained on kingship and rulership management. As time went on, his aggression fissiled out and he began to see himself as mentors to the younglings. Just the queen had once groomed him, he reciprocated the gesture to her shire and they inturn groomed him on how to smile, laugh, beg, please, negotiate, play and the list went on and on.

However, their time together was short, only three northern moons before double tradegy struck.

First, the queen after a long battle with whatever ailed her, past and for a time, he couldn't be allowed access to the younglings to console them because of the mourning period of seclusion. Secondly, the Store Keep was broken into while he was away on official duty off planet and though the perpetrators were caught and some of the relics recovered, the Store Keep had to be moved to a more secured location off Castle grounds far from prying eyes. A location only the King, himself, the Provodent Soriti and the Sagelis Archivian. Knew of. It also meant he would not be able to say goodbye to the younglings. No matter how he begged for a chance to say goodbye, he was refused even by the King himself. He left down casted.

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2022
Many northern Moons later, Katva found him. How she did, he didn't know, but he was glad she did. She reminisced old times before dropping the bombshell of Chak's travails until his very last breath. His companion, who had her misgivings and stereotyped the princess in the class of a snub and pompous entitled female by virtue of her birth heritage, began seeing her in a new light from her companion's perspective.

As he looked at his twin sons of thirteen northern moons, if not for the current situation, he didn't know whether or not to remain angry with them and just laugh at their obnoxiousness or just outrightly scold them.

" Which of you is responsible for this desecration" he asked calmly, pointing to the medallion suspended on the air. It was a tact he had learned when dealing with young Chak and Katva. If he threaten them with fires of damnation, he wouldn't get the truth or even a confession but calmly ask them, even offer a bribe and he'd get a baby face, a plea of repentance and for their mother not to hear of it. It worked like a charm every time even on the two bug heads that stood Infront of him

The twins look just as surprised at the suspending medallion. Above that, they knew who the medallion belonged to. The implications was not looking up to their favor giving their antecedents

" Father we beg of you, we know nothing of this. We know not to play with sacred paraphernalia and relics of Zoltron most especially that, which you, hold dear ." Grevat begged, hoping his father would believe them. He was the most outspoken, erratic, go-with-the-flow and notorious of the two while Srevat though notorious, was more composed, articulated, calculative,manipulative and quiet one.
" And how am I to believe you both given your antecedents in mischief and curious meandering in trickery and pranks" their father countered, his face, shoulder muscle and gait not relaxing from its tensed stans. Their punishment would be lasting them many southern moons for them understand the implications of them taking their youngling trickery one step too far if he were to find out they did it. But it also raised the question of who was capable of doing such.

The medallion couldn't take itself out of the strong room of the Store Keep, remove itself, from its casing and suspend itself mid air - a clear indication of the use telekinesis.
What bothered him even more was the fact that nothing else was touched and there was no sign of forced entry, unless the twins had somehow managed to learn the ancient writtings, understood their tongue enough and raise enough power to bend the will of the enchantments on the entrance for them to have access to the strong room of the Store Keep, then it was fare to them to say that it wasn't them because they had neither the knowledge, strength nor stamina to achieve such.

" Father, you can ask from Overlord Frazt. We have neither left his side nor strayed from his sights for more time than he allowed us. And besides father we have yet to learn the ancient tongue so how can it be that you accuse us for a crime we didn't commit when we aren't even capable of committing the crime in the first place or have the such required knowledge to do so" Srevat challenged his father's opinion of them, howbeit respectfully. He articulated his arguments to proof their innocence

Though his arguments caught him off guard, he was not ready to have his young shires outwit him, so Corden fired back

" Not when your previous antics and pranks preceeds you. Not when you both have histories of picking relics and playing with it like toys, not when you both don't take guarding our history which so happens to also be our identity, seriously. Not when you both put your mother and I thr........ - " he paused his rant mid sentence to turn behind him and look at what Grevat was pointing at and what caused Srevat's mouth to hand open

The medallion began glowing in hues of orange, the figurine of the firebird at the center of the medallion who's oblong shape took the semblance of an eye began burning bright with a different hue - it was as if it was on fire. It moved round the Store Keep till it positioned itself on a pedestal that held an emblem of a long forgotten kin of Zoltron - The Eyes of Izula.
The three pairs of eyes watch the scene unfold before them in awe and fascination just as Corden mind began spiraling in random thoughts and suggestions until he was able to streamline them into coherent deductions

The emblem of the Eyes of Izula was a striking replica of Hali-chak's medallion which meant one of two things. Either Queen Hananel unknowningly crafted the insignia of the Eyes of Izula and gave it to her young shire just out of mere fascination and to also give the young shire a sense of belonging since the King had refused to acknowledge the youngling even before he was born as a bonafide seed of Ali-eck-szan-dek, so that wearing the official insignia of the Royal house of Ali-eck-szan-dek became a hectic chore for the young shire. Or, she knew all along who he was by virtue of his true bloodline which also meant she was of that same bloodline which also meant that her two other shires had the same bloodline.

According to the tomes from the archives of the House of Sages that his was privy to, though the members of the Eyes had Izula's bloodline, only those blessed by the Effgah went on to wield Izula gifts as his choosens. Effgahs were like oracles, spiritual guardians, teachers and leaders, all- in- one package for the members of the Eyes. In this case, the three shires of the King, due to virtue of their bloodline through their mother were members of the Eyes and their mother, by virtue of her being the elderly last of her kind was their Effgah.

She couldn't bless Hali-Mak because by birthright, his fate to the throne was already sealed. Little could be said of Heli-Katva, as even at a tender age and growing youngling shire, she was a spontaneous spitfire, whose arrogance and craziness drew a lot of attention to herself. Definitely not a candidate you would pick to such task that need one off public eyes.

Then there was Hali-chak.

Immediately the thought came to him in his erratic mind, the medallion glowed brighter a vioce could be heard , whispering at first, then it got louder until Azolian spoken was audible to all in the room

"Kin of our kin, blood of our blood, life of our life, flesh of our flesh.

Izula's eyes sees again against all odds, though darkness strives to conquer, light shall prevail

Yet a little while, chaos , as old as the beginning of time itself shall rise again but unless the weapons of hope be Forged in the furnace of forgiveness, Zoltron will fall

Find him, teach him, nuture him"

All at once the room dimed and the medallion fell into its original casing that had move along with it closing itself shut. All three were still awed by the display, but for the twins, it took them a little while to comprehend the message they just heard. Though it meaning was very clear to Corden

Hali-chak was alive

LOnly that thought alone caused him to first smile then snap out of his daze and issue instructions to his males
" Tell Overlord Frazt to prepare the cruiser. We leave for Zoltron immediately and you two are coming with me" the males exited the room only too glad to escape their father's previous wrath and also excited to be going to Zoltron and reunite with their kins.

Corden picked up the casing housing the medallion the care as though it was an egg and walked back into the strong room of the Store Keep to return the it to it's previous seat. When he looked around and saw that every other thing was in order, he shot one final glance at the medallion before exiting the strong room. He spoke the ancient words that vaulted the strong room secured and left to prepare for his departure.

"This visit to Zoltron was going to be a very interesting one " he mused to himself walking down the hall

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hey guys please bear with me. Nairaland is not making editing of this work easy for me ooo as all the bolding and italics are not responding and adding it here is not easy. So incase you don't understand anything on this chapter please tell me and I can break down the explanation for you guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by slimsophiediva(f): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2022
No problem

Fire on

More ink
Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 4:09pm On Mar 02, 2022
Chapter 8

As with the custom that guided the elite during the Celebration of Unity, at sundown, the elites of both the Ruling houses, High Council, Nobles of higher and lesser families, those that sort to make names, powerful males and females of the empire, power brokers and politians met in a grand hall, over wine, light edibles and Grand pagentry. Wearing masks of fake smiles, dry and humorless laughs, chitchatting beautiful nonsenses amongst themselves while meandering through the politics of power with each trying to outsmart, outwit,outplay and each other. Infact what was supposed to be a celebration to remind each other of the power of Unity, it instead became an avenue to pull each other down. Unity was only for the masses. Power and more power was for the elites and if it meant bring another down then they were okay with it.

Katva shook her head as she manuevered through the crowd of guest, she had been praying to whatever gods and goddesses out there for the day to quickly run its course as she was beginning to seet in anger and her mask began to drop at the amount of favours that were expected of her just because she was a princess and sister to the crowned prince. Earlier on, before the mingling began, her father and the ruling house had been called upon for a very urgent matter that needed their attention so in their absence, they had to play good host to the teeming schemer all around them. She had nearly whipped out her powers to choke one of those power hungry fools who had not subtlely suggested a marriage of convenience to form an alliance between both families. The buffoon of a had spoken it so causally at though he was asking what time of day it was. She nearly choked on her drink when she calmed herself, she glared at him to show that she was not impressed with his suggestion , eyes turning shades of green that were darker than normal, a telltale sign that she was about to unleash her aura before then composed herself and, according to her etiquettes training, politely told him that she would think about it. A hint of his fear pervaded the air but she ignored it and him and walked away, trying to find a quiet place to calm herself before she couldn't hold back and truely killed someone. It was times like this that she missed her mother. That female always knew how to calm her while making her laugh. She had once told her that life of the Royal court was one of people having and wanting many expectations from you. You just had to find a way to tell them, kindly, to shove it up their asses while still smiling and showing teeth to being agreeable

That female, Izula bless her light, knew how to make males take to their heels and the so called ones that call themselves alpha males, pee on themselves when she ment to beat up some sense into their heads.

She shook her head again at the memory of her mother whole she looked around for an escape route. Her eyes caught Mak who was on a group of males. She could see through his mask of polite smiles that looked more like grimaces and shallow laughs that didn't pass his lips show ed that he was also not having it easy either. His tense shoulder, his tapping his fingers on his sides as a distraction and the tight grip he had on the chande holding his wine were give away signs that he was about to explode. Whatever they were saying was pushing him to the brinks.

All thoughts of escape for her were thrown out the window, Mak seem to be in a tighter fix than she was and she needed to safe the hides of those blandering fool before he let loose. It was a known fact that after their return from SafeHaven, Mak had become a ticking bomb that was ready to explode were anything negative concerning Chak was involved and everyone wise enough knew to keep off that sensitive topic when in the presence of the Royal family.

Mak, as the heir to the throne, had so many duties and expectations required of him and the pressure was so much that even at the times he was supposed to wind down and relax, he was still tense. The celebration, normal as always, was supposed to be a time were, for himself, ignore the politics of Zoltron and just relax and possibly get a free lay till Sunhigh, heavens knew it was a long since he had a good lay. All was going good until his father along with some Grand Highlords of the ruling Houses were called aside for a meeting.

1 Like

Re: LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) by Emempaul(m): 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
Normally it wouldn't have been any problem for him as he experienced this time and time over, standing in for his father absence. But this day seemed to be different as time and time again, old wounds that only scabbed over but not heal, were being peeled off, layer by bloody layer. Anger at his own behavior towards his own blood, didn't help matters, his short comings, his harsh words, his disgraceful acts, his....
He couldn't think straight, and the bastards in front of him didn't let him as they kept on reminiscing on acts or the lack off and commands that directly or indirectly influenced regrettable actions not just against his own blood - his name seem these to be so heavy for his mouth to speak, but against those that he would someday call his subjects and swear oath to protect.

His anger was spiking to levels that he found it hard to control his Aura as it had began crackling within his being and leaking minutely through the pores of his skin. He was still grappling with the last of his will to hold in his aura when a voice he recognized through his hazed vision, excused them both and he was literally but politely dragged out of the hall, arms stedfastly chained to the female's who's strides were purposeful and eyes, determined, to get to their destination without a distraction or blockage.

When they to their destination, which happened to be outside, with fresh cold winds whipping all around them, she shoved him hard that he stumbled but gained his footing and glared at her. His aura was still at the threatening surface ready to unleash itself on the one who dare manhandled the crowned heir to Zoltron's seat. It was like a challenge to which his Aura of authority was ready to respond

" MAKRONA ALI-ECK-SZAN-DEK ! -" the voice warned, it was familiar. It was of blood but he couldn't put a face to the voice as his haze of anger was still clouding his judgement "- it's either you calm yourself down and sheath your aura or I beat the bloody damnation back into you. Your choice" Ha! He exclaimed within himself. Only one person in the entire Zoltron other than his father, that could talk to him like that and walk away unharmed. Well mostly because she could give as much as he threw at her and to think his the elder.

He, using every will he had left, forced the will of his aura to submit and reced to his mind. It grumbled and snarled for not letting it have fun, after all it not like it rose by its will, it was summoned. Mak had to, within his mind bribe it for a next time before it finally receded to the corners of his mind, though grumbling but no longer snarling at him.
When he opened his eyes, Katva had been standing by him holding his hands as a support. She'd never let him fight his battles alone even though there were time she just wish she could punish him for Chak's death but she wasn't so heartless. Yes mistakes were made and a dear life, precious to them was lost but that guilty, he would live with for the rest of long damned life, so there was no need making him more miserable. Though she couldn't say she moved on from the pains of the lose but she'd bear it like a battle scar.

Mak eyes conveyed his appreciation even before he spoke it out loud

" Thank you Katva"
" I don't even want to imagine what they said to get you riled up so don't tell me because I know that if I heard it, I might probably go in there and kill them myself "

" You definitely would. It seems like you fared better than me, seeing how composed you are." He was pulling her legs as he knew that she didn't fare any better. But unlike he, she was quick to excuse herself before it escalated.

" If I told you, you would probably find the idiot who suggested such and his family, string his cock and drop him inside a pit and let his family have a front seat of his slow and agonizing death. That's if I don't do it first but I am still thinking of who to kill first. Your group or my idiot" Katva answered causally as though there was nothing to it.

" That bad?" He asked, he didn't sound too happy but this was Katva. She was no dainty damsel. Woe betided the slowpoke who brought whatever suggestions to her
" Yes, that bad." She replied. They both kept quiet to savour the peace they both shared now before they dived back in, to face those hordes of leeching bastards.

" It's best we return to the celebrations. It's bad not seeing any member of the Royal house at the food court even though I have the feeling that it's going be hell and I might just actually get the chance to finally literally strangle someone there." Mak tried to joke but also knew it to be the truth as food court was were the fates conniving Overlords and Underlords were decided, for good or bad through uncensored gossips between power brokers and power leeches. There, one got to hear the escapades of unloyal companions and their trist, greed Overlords and their misdeeds, Underlords who sook to taste power but we're blocked and so on. It was also were there schemers caught gossips and paid heavily to get proof of their rivals shortcomings in other to be used further at a later date for blackmail.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In School / Memories Of My Days In 100 Level / The Hyena Men - Gadawan Kura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 367
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.