Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Pastor Mensa Otabil On Speaking In Tongues Then And Now- What's Different Now? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Mensa Otabil On Speaking In Tongues Then And Now- What's Different Now? (717 Views)

Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) / Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Mensa Otabil On Speaking In Tongues Then And Now- What's Different Now? by kobobay(m): 1:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Pastor Mensa Otabil is a Ghanaian theologian, philanthropist, motivational speaker, entrepreneur. He is the founder of the International Central Gospel Church headquartered in Accra, Ghana according to his website.

Pastor Mensa Otbil who is also a pentecostal himself mocks people who claim that they are praying in tongues for hours as not praying but doing voice rehearsal.

What has changed about him concerning speaking in tongues that are being practiced in the pentecostal movements?

According to his website, "the church believes in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as a subsequent gift to salvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upoH-_C57Ew

1 Like

Re: Pastor Mensa Otabil On Speaking In Tongues Then And Now- What's Different Now? by NNTR: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
kobobay:
Pastor Mensa Otabil is a Ghanaian theologian, philanthropist, motivational speaker, entrepreneur. He is the founder of the International Central Gospel Church headquartered in Accra, Ghana according to his website.

Pastor Mensa Otbil who is also a pentecostal himself mocks people who claim that they are praying in tongues for hours as not praying but doing voice rehearsal.

What has changed about him concerning speaking in tongues that are being practiced in the pentecostal movements?

According to his website, "the church believes in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as a subsequent gift to salvation.

h ttps://youtu.be/upoH-_C57Ew
Breeze don blow sotay, fowl yansh cum dey exposed by the wind

Tongues, (i.e. the gloried and/or counterfeit incantations type) that snare unsuspecting believers with their learned false speaking in tongues deception and bad indoctrination that will lead to the lake of fire.

It is only some, lazy and indoctrinated Far-To-See (i.e. Pharisees) and Sad-To-See (i.e. Sadducees) somebody, looking for lesser praying effort, that believes praying or speaking in tongues, especially with using the voice and/or vocal cords, is praying in some mysterious heavenly language. This is shameless lazy and cutting corners manoeuvres praying things.

It is delusion and make believe, uttering gibberish and nonsensical noise, alternating between varying high voice pitches. When people are lazy to articulate their prayers, they resort to this quick fix alternate method to pray. I wonder why Jesus never employed this method, if it was that potent

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Mensa Otabil On Speaking In Tongues Then And Now- What's Different Now? by kobobay(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2022
Amen
cry
NNTR:
Breeze don blow sotay, fowl yansh cum dey exposed by the wind

Tongues, (i.e. the gloried and/or counterfeit incantations type) that snare unsuspecting believers with their learned false speaking in tongues deception and bad indoctrination that will lead to the lake of fire.

It is only some, lazy and indoctrinated Far-To-See (i.e. Pharisees) and Sad-To-See (i.e. Sadducees) somebody, looking for lesser praying effort, that believes praying or speaking in tongues, especially with using the voice and/or vocal cords, is praying in some mysterious heavenly language. This is shameless lazy and cutting corners manoeuvres praying things.

It is delusion and make believe, uttering gibberish and nonsensical noise, alternating between varying high voice pitches. When people are lazy to articulate their prayers, they resort to this quick fix alternate method to pray. I wonder why Jesus never employed this method, if it was that potent

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Female Student Set Ablaze By Muslim Youths For Insulting Prophet Muhammad (pix) / If He Easy Make God Come Do Human Being Small / Christian Husband can be gotten on nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.