Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil (1860 Views)

Masquerade Seen Quoting The Scriptures In Enugu State (Photos, Video) / Pastor Mensah Otabil Lambast Christians In Habit Of ''Tapping'' Grace (Video) / Exposition On Tithes, Offering And Firstfruits By Dr Mensah Otabil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Mandynews(f): 5:00pm On May 28, 2019
Ghanaian Pastor Mensah Otabil, the founder of the International Central Gospel Church(ICGC) has view that some scriptures in the holy book of Christians which is the Bible are senseless and utterly stupid.

According to the televangelist, explained the reason for describing some scriptures in the bible as senseless during his teaching last week Sunday which was aired on TV.
Quoting some scriptures in the Bible he sees as ‘senseless’, Dr. Mensa Otabil cited the inscriptions according to Luke 6:29 and quizzed that “why should the Bible say that, if someone slaps you on the left you should turn the right to the person as well? It doesn’t make sense, which of you can do that?”

That didn’t end there as he continued and said “why should I give while I’m supposed to save? It is senseless”

He added that, some of these scriptures he quoted are the foolishness of God, on the other hand, he cited, “If someone comes to your house and steal your fridge will you tell the thief to come for your television in addition? Mensa Otabil asked his congregants “how many of you can do it? There was no response, and then he stated, “it doesn’t make sense”.

Dr. Mensa Otabil summed everything by saying, “The nonsense of God is wiser than the sense of men”. Thus, some of the inscriptions or if you like scriptures in the Bible do not make sense, however, no human wisdom can be compared to the senseless of the Ultimate Reality or God.

More via https://mandynews.com/some-scriptures-in-the-bible-are-senseless-and-stupid-pastor-mensah-otabil/

1 Share

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Mandynews(f): 5:02pm On May 28, 2019
Cc; Lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by hahn(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2019
I just weak for people who proudly serve a god filled with so much foolishness undecided

4 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by GOFRONT(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2019
And a scripture aslo said.....VANITY UPON VANITY
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Dafemich(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2019
I think this man is senseless

4 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MikeBetty(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2019
hahn:
I just weak for people who proudly serve a god filled with so much foolishness undecided
dear Did You Read Tik The End? The End Of His Massage Made Fool Of Your Wisdom. He Ended His Massage By Making Us To Know That The Foolishness Of God Is Greater And Better Than The Wisdom Of Man. NOTE: Endeavour To Read To The End.

3 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MikeBetty(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2019
Dafemich:
I think this man is senseless
Strive To Read To The End Of The Massage. Bible Even Said The Foolishness Of God Is Better Than The Wisdom Of Man.

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by hahn(m): 5:52pm On May 28, 2019
MikeBetty:
dear Did You Read Tik The End? The End Of His Massage Made Fool Of Your Wisdom. He Ended His Massage By Making Us To Know That The Foolishness Of God Is Greater And Better Than The Wisdom Of Man. NOTE: Endeavour To Read To The End.

Foolishness is foolishness.

You better stop being foolish

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Dafemich(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2019
MikeBetty:
Strive To Read To The End Of The Massage. Bible Even Said The Foolishness Of God Is Better Than The Wisdom Of Man.
I made a mistake. Am sorry

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MikeBetty(m): 6:08pm On May 28, 2019
Dafemich:
I made a mistake. Am sorry
Welcome
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by xproducer: 10:32pm On May 28, 2019
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." - 2 Timothy 3:15-17

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." - 2 Peter 1:20-21

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by UceeGod: 11:42pm On May 28, 2019
That's the reality for those who are spiritually minded. God uses the most foolish things in the world to shame people who think they are too intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Uyi168: 11:50pm On May 28, 2019
MikeBetty:
At least, u admit that God can be foolish at times.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by 1Sharon(f): 2:04am On May 29, 2019
Christians already know deep down those things are foolish cos they never practice it grin

Like a big fućk you to god

4 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Goshen360(m): 2:25am On May 29, 2019
1Sharon:
Christians already know deep down those things are foolish cos they never practice it grin

He or she that's not with us is against us and would rather do well to leave us alone. The preacher was passing a message across in context not to make a mockery of the scripture verses.

For instance, it doesn't make sense to me either when this moG said to a dying with with her child to getting ready to eat a last meal to prepare that last meal for him the moG. If any man of God does that to you, I believe you either stone him to death or curse him out....
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MuttleyLaff: 3:05am On May 29, 2019
Goshen360:
He or she that's not with us is against us and would rather do well to leave us alone. The preacher was passing a message across in context not to make a mockery of the scripture verses.
Otabil, made a right dog's dinner trying to pass a message. There is nothing senseless and utterly stupid in what or how Jesus taught, neither were the described scriptures in the bible used by Jesus bordered on foolishness.

Goshen360:
For instance, it doesn't make sense to me either when this moG said to a dying with with her child to getting ready to eat a last meal to prepare that last meal for him the moG. If any man of God does that to you, I believe you either stone him to death or curse him out....
Goshen360, elaborate how you mean by the emboldened above please? What moG? Why wouldnt and didnt it make sense to prepare meal for the moG?

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Goshen360(m): 3:15am On May 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Otabil, made a right dog's dinner trying to pass a message. There is nothing senseless and utterly stupid in what or how Jesus taught, neither were described scriptures in the bible bordering on foolishness

Goshen360, elaborate how you mean by the emboldened above please? What moG? Why wouldnt and didnt it make sense to prepare meal for the moG?

I was referring to Elijah to the widow in zaraphath
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MuttleyLaff: 3:21am On May 29, 2019
Goshen360:
I was referring to Elijah to the widow in zaraphath
"8Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah:
9Get up and go to Zarephath of Sidon, and stay there.
Behold, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.

10So Elijah got up and went to Zarephath. When he arrived at the city gate, there was a widow gathering sticks.
Elijah called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, so that I may drink.”
And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a piece of bread.”
"
- 1 Kings 17:8-10

Good. I thought you did but didnt want to just assume.

FYI, the widow of Zarephath, was previously advanced told by God, to get food prepared for Elijah, and that was before Elijah even turned up at her house.

If thats the case, then why should it not make sense to her that the moG was asking for food? Didn't God say He had already spoken with her (i.e. commanded her)?

Otabil and his analogue interpretation, as I earlier said, there is nothing senseless and utterly stupid in what or how Jesus taught, neither were the described scriptures in the bible used by Jesus bordered on foolishness. What Jesus did, was employing hyperboles, as in, figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point to show the seriousness of an important lesson and/or show emphasis.

If I say, I am so hungry, I can eat a whole horse. You dont really believe, I can eat a whole horse, do you but you do get from statement, my point of how ravenously hungry I am. That is hyperbole for you, showing the seriousness of a matter and placing emphasis. It is not to be taken literally, but the point is made and understood

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by paxonel(m): 3:40am On May 29, 2019
Don't mind this Ghana man.
He has mis understood Luke 6:29 and say from his own view that it is senseless grin

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Goshen360(m): 4:11am On May 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"8Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah:
9Get up and go to Zarephath of Sidon, and stay there.
Behold, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.

10So Elijah got up and went to Zarephath. When he arrived at the city gate, there was a widow gathering sticks.
Elijah called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, so that I may drink.”
And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a piece of bread.”
"
- 1 Kings 17:8-10

Good. I thought you did but didnt want to just assume.

FYI, the widow of Zarephath, was previously advanced told by God, to get food prepared for Elijah, and that was before Elijah even turned up at her house.

If thats the case, then why should it not make sense to her that the moG was asking for food? Didn't God say He had already spoken with her (i.e. commanded her)?

Otabil and his analogue interpretation, as I earlier said, there is nothing senseless and utterly stupid in what or how Jesus taught, neither were the described scriptures in the bible used by Jesus bordered on foolishness. What Jesus did, was employing hyperboles, as in, figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point to show the seriousness of an important lesson and/or show emphasis.

If I say, I am so hungry, I can eat a whole horse. You dont really believe, I can eat a whole horse, do you but you do get from statement, my point of how ravenously hungry I am. That is hyperbole for you, showing the seriousness of a matter and placing emphasis. It is not to be taken literally, but the point is made and understood

My brother, we can do a little gymnastics here or use different methods to solve same problem but I'm actually going to bed now. However, it still won't make sense...if I was the woman and I was told that by God, it won't make if the same God can just do miracles for the man of God.

While will Good take what I was going to eat with the child and die and if in facts God told her ahead of time, she should have just said oh welcome man of God, I have been told you will be coming and here is the food for you?

The whole scene won't make sense but in the end of it from the results, it makes a lot of sense that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisest of men. It makes sense that obedience is better than sacrifice and it makes sense just like Peter, nevertheless, at the word....
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MuttleyLaff: 4:25am On May 29, 2019
Goshen360:
My brother, we can do a little gymnastics here or use different methods to solve same problem but I'm actually going to bed now. However, it still won't make sense...if I was the woman and I was told that by God, it won't make if the same God can just do miracles for the man of God.

While will Good take what I was going to eat with the child and die and if in facts God told her ahead of time, she should have just said oh welcome man of God, I have been told you will be coming and here is the food for you?

The whole scene won't make sense but in the end of it from the results, it makes a lot of sense that the foolishness of God is wiser than the wisest of men. It makes sense that obedience is better than sacrifice and it makes sense just like Peter, nevertheless, at the word....
You are indirectly saying that the 1 Kings 17:8-9 verses, in korokoro black and white is a misprint right? That God's word that said "Behold, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you" was placed their just for decoration, hmm?

The difference, possibly between you and I, is, if God, says jump, I without hesistation, will say, how high God? Invest a few moments in thinking it over after sleeping. It will pay good interest

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Bossjakande: 5:26am On May 29, 2019
1Sharon:

ur place is in hell fire for DAT. even if u dont belive d bible why use such word can u do DAT in Muslim rooms?
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by CAPSLOCKED: 7:31am On May 29, 2019
"HE IS NOT A REAL PASTOR"
"HE LACKS HOLY SPIRIT"
"HE IS BEING CONTROLLED BE THE DEVIL"
"HE HAS ALLOWED MONEY AND FAME COVER HIS EYES"
"ANGEL GABRIEL PLEASE BLOW THE TRUMPET TODAY"

-LAMENTATIONS OF THE GULLIBLE.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Nobody: 9:46am On May 29, 2019
MikeBetty:
I read from the beginning to the end of his thoughtless speech and i found out that he has spoken nonsense and ingredients!
His problem is not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish his own! Romans 10:2-3
Whatever Jesus said could only be FULLY understood by His faithful followers who keeps begging for God's holy spirit to comprehend all the utterances of Jesus[the WORD of God] John 1:1
All the stupid fellow claiming pastor needed to do is humbly ask TRUE Christians what Jesus' statement meant!
For instance he quoted Matthew 5:39.
There Jesus talked about a slap on the cheek. A slap is never meant to kill but to humiliate someone, like to hurt the person's feelings and makes him/her feel worthless. If a man is slapped the assaulter meant to ridicule, belittle, downgrade or silence the victim, and if a woman is slapped {by a man} it's a sign of worthlessness as women cherishes been loved!
So Jesus wasn't really talking about physical assault but a gesture or expression meant to humiliate someone. If that should happen to a Christian, Jesus is saying that a Christian should make the one with the devilish act feel that we're ever ready to lay low! Luke 14:7-11
Apparently this arrogant man full of ego called Pastor wouldn't agree with all of these, so he can never understand what Jesus meant!

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Emusan(m): 10:25am On May 29, 2019
TATIME:
I read from the beginning to the end of his thoughtless speech and i found out that he has spoken nonsense and ingredients!

Then you lack simple comprehension of you actually did.

His problem is not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish his own! Romans 10:2-3

Rather, you're the very one who raising your own righteousness above that of God.

Whatever Jesus said could only be FULLY understood by His faithful followers who keeps begging for God's holy spirit to comprehend all the utterances of Jesus[the WORD of God] John 1:1

So you're still begging for God's Holy Spirit, I thought the Holy Spirit has been given to your GB to interpret the scripture.

We can then ask, has the Holy Spirit been given to you since you've been begging for it?

All the stupid fellow claiming pastor needed to do is humbly ask TRUE Christians what Jesus' statement meant!

Who told you the man didn't know what Jesus meant?

Out of your stupidity just to promote your evil organization you lost your reasoning.

There Jesus talked about a slap on the cheek. A slap is never meant to kill but to humiliate someone, like to hurt the person's feelings and makes him/her feel worthless. If a man is slapped the assaulter meant to ridicule, belittle, downgrade or silence the victim, and if a woman is slapped {by a man} it's a sign of worthlessness as women cherishes been loved!

ITK...

So Jesus wasn't really talking about physical assault but a gesture or expression meant to humiliate someone.

Then can't you see from the statement that the man understood that Jesus didn't talk about physical assault but to draw a conclusion

If that should happen to a Christian, Jesus is saying that a Christian should make the one with the devilish act feel that we're ever ready to lay low! Luke 14:7-11

Who doesn't know this

Apparently this arrogant man full of ego called Pastor wouldn't agree with all of these, so he can never understand what Jesus meant!

ITK....imagine, you are even attacking the man base on a cherry picked message.

Do you think, the way the OP put it down here is how the man actually presented the message on that day or that's all what the man said throughout?
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MikeBetty(m): 11:32am On May 29, 2019
[quote author=TATIME post=78819727] I read from the beginning to the end of his thoughtless speech and i found out that he has spoken nonsense and ingredients!
There Jesus talked about a slap on the cheek. A slap is never meant to kill but to humiliate someone, like to hurt the person's feelings and makes him/her feel worthless. If a man is slapped the assaulter meant to ridicule, belittle, You Did Mt Read The Massage Till End. Please Read The Last 3 Sentences Of The Man To Understand Him Better. Then Read 1corinthians 1:25. Thanks.
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MikeBetty(m): 11:37am On May 29, 2019
hahn:
Please If You Can Read, Read 1corinthians 1:25

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by MikeBetty(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2019
UceeGod:
That's the reality for those who are spiritually minded. God uses the most foolish things in the world to shame people who think they are too intelligent.
Thank God You Are One Of Those Who Understand The Massage. 1corinthians 1:25. Also Said It All.
Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 29, 2019
Emusan:

Then you lack simple comprehension of you actually did.
Rather, you're the very one who raising your own righteousness above that of God.
So you're still begging for God's Holy Spirit, I thought the Holy Spirit has been given to your GB to interpret the scripture.
We can then ask, has the Holy Spirit been given to you since you've been begging for it?
Who told you the man didn't know what Jesus meant?
Out of your stupidity just to promote your evil organization you lost your reasoning.
ITK...
Then can't you see from the statement that the man understood that Jesus didn't talk about physical assault but to draw a conclusion
Who doesn't know this
ITK....imagine, you are even attacking the man base on a cherry picked message.
Do you think, the way the OP put it down here is how the man actually presented the message on that day or that's all what the man said throughout?
Oh Pastor Emusan, you're blessed Sir! smiley

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by 1Sharon(f): 1:19pm On May 29, 2019
Bossjakande:
ur place is in hell fire for DAT. even if u dont belive d bible why use such word can u do DAT in Muslim rooms?

3 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by Liliyann(f): 6:40pm On May 29, 2019
Perilous time!!
Coming from a supposed man of God!
I pity his gullible followers!

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures In The Bible Are Senseless And Stupid – Pastor Mensah Otabil by dumbiri99(f): 9:32pm On May 29, 2019
Goshen360:

bro you said you were denied us visa three times in one of your posts, please, did you do all your interviews in lagos. I want to apply a third time next month

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Creating Humans. I'm So Troubled Now. / Is It Biblically Right To Have Tattoo On The Body? / That Adam And Eve Story...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.