Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues (1333 Views)

My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! / My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire / From My Toyota Camry, What Is This Part Called (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by SoftChordz: 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2022
Good day bosses, my Toyota Camry 2003 have been acting funny lately, it started stopping while I'm driving at intervals and will take like 5 minutes before it will start again. I took it to my mechanic, he suggested it's the fuel pump and air flow meter, now I've changed both yet its stopping at intervals. Pls boss men what do y'all think is the issue here?

Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by Angrygoat: 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2022
Ode, don't u have scanner.
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by homeboy205: 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2022
Angrygoat:

Not nice embarassed sad shocked

6 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by SoftChordz: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2022
Angrygoat:
Ode if you don't have anything reasonable to say in respect to this get ur orangutan brain out of heree fooooolll. Ordinary question and a foooool like u won't read and move on since you have nothing to say. Airhead. Dumbbazzidddiot. Can't make a post without insults in it.. typical dirttty piggglet

5 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by seanfer(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2022
Angrygoat:

The OP is not the cause of your frustration....

2 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by Mayor555(m): 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2022
SoftChordz:
Good day bosses, my Toyota Camry 2003 have been acting funny lately, it started stopping while I'm driving at intervals and will take like 5 minutes before it will start again. I took it to my mechanic, he suggested it's the fuel pump and air flow meter, now I've changed both yet its stopping at intervals. Pls boss men what do y'all think is the issue here?

Check for leaks
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by Dozieson(m): 8:28pm On Feb 03, 2022
SoftChordz:

Scanning before fix could save you a lot. Do you have hard start in the morning? Have you check the air filter? Have you clean throttle throttle body?
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by Blackbishop(m): 12:01am On Feb 04, 2022
SoftChordz:

Bro that is a similar symptom of crankshaft position sensor
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by SoftChordz: 8:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Dozieson:

Scanning before fix could save you a lot. Do you have hard start in the morning? Have you check the air filter? Have you clean throttle throttle body?
thanks bro.. I scanned it I've posted scan results..
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by samintegrity(m): 1:55am On Feb 05, 2022
Already we can see from your scan that you have a cylinder misfire..

You may try changing the spark plug or coil for thst cylinder..

Also have your mechanic spray your MAF with a cleaner and possibly the MOUTH.

then check for hose leaks.

The second O2 sensor shown can be ignored.

However fix the ones I mentioned above urgently.

I trust our pple here will do justice to the rest.
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by Dozieson(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2022
SoftChordz:
thanks bro.. I scanned it I've posted scan results..

The 4th spark plugs is bad.
Clean your throttle body

Go to YouTube and check how to replace you MAF air sensor. Or check of the wiring to the sensor is bad/cut
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by samintegrity(m): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2022
Dozieson:

Clean your throttle body

Go to YouTube and check how to replace you MAF air sensor. Or check of the wiring to the sensor is bad/cut

The MAF can also be cleaned bro, just in case it's dirty
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by Dozieson(m): 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
samintegrity:

The MAF can also be cleaned bro, just in case it's dirty

Ok
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by OluwandeOlakunle: 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2022
Simple
Check this 4
Plugs, coil, nozzle and the injector mouth

Then lastly make sure the airflow meter compartment is keyed in. This one really gave me issues but check the above mentioned before you resort to this
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by SoftChordz: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2022
Dozieson:

Clean your throttle body

thanks a lot chief, I fixed it that day.

I bought MAF air sensor, and an electrician fixed a wire that powers the fuel pump and car is good as new. That's for ur suggestion.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by SoftChordz: 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2022
Thanks bosses for your suggestions, I appreciate it all.
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by alphaNomega: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2022
Are you sure your exhaust is not blocked?

Start your car
put your hand behind the exhaust
If you don't feel the much exhaust airflow from the pipe, you might have a blocked exhaust
Re: My Toyota Camry Stopping Issues by mrcoolautofix(m): 5:53am On Feb 07, 2022
[quote author=SoftChordz he suggested it's the fuel pump and air flow meter, now I've changed both yet its stopping at intervals. Pls boss men what do y'all think is the issue here?[/quote]
So these are thg he level of duties we gat here?
It's not bad their trying to help

By helping to make matter worse...

You guys need to remove hatrade & upgrade your knowledge, you folks do often think your watching YouTube videos is enriching the creators .... so one cylinder misfire can make car to shut off randomly?

(1) (Reply)

Car Rental With Driver, Transfer Service And Private Car Service / Picture Of The Day...lagos, Nigeria. / Toyota Highlander 2002 Showing Both R And D At Same Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.