Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? (13146 Views)

Alec Baldwin Shooting: What You Should Know About "Prop Guns" / BBNaija Tega: You Are Lucky I’m Married, If I Were Single, I’ll Do More... / Kiddwaya: I Wouldn't Have Given Erica My Money, If I Had Won (Video) (2) (3) (4)

Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by mosblis(m): 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2022
hello guys
I was going through Posts I followed on Nairaland and this pop a question

https://www.nairaland.com/6611382/police-arrest-mike-omoruyi-nollywood

I asked this question before didn't get a satisfying answer

would I get in to trouble using toy guns like airsoft guns or any toy gun that's near to looking real as props in my films

I would have shot this project last year but am afraid of getting some money hungry cops on my ass.

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by joinnow: 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2022
mosblis:
hello guys

would I get in to trouble using toy guns like airsoft guns or any toy gun that's near to looking real as props in my films

I would have shot this project last year but am afraid of getting some money hungry cops on my ass.

Ask a lawyer not charge and bail

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by mosblis(m): 5:33pm On Feb 03, 2022
joinnow:
Ask a lawyer not charge and bail
I guess what you trying to say is I need a lawyer

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by joinnow: 5:36pm On Feb 03, 2022
mosblis:

I guess what you trying to say is I need a lawyer
Good lawyer that had vast knowledge on gun laws in Nigeria

39 Likes

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by mosblis(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
joinnow:
Good lawyer that had vast knowledge on gun laws in Nigeria
well a very good advice
but for an up coming producer it's really tough having to pay a lawyer.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by joinnow: 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2022
mosblis:

well a very good advice

but for an up coming producer it's really tough having to pay a lawyer.
Do Nairaland has a legal section
I doubt
Let wait for Nairaland lawyers and Barrister and SAN to help out
@lala push to front page

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2022

Is it compulsory you use those?

Or are you trying to promote violence in the video? And what's the video all about?

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Cholls(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2022
My brother why not know someone at the top...you may even use real gun sef if you know someone at the top...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by lied(f): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2022
Yes, if you are suspected to use it for nefarious acts, you will be arrested for necessary interrogation.

NOTE: Not all successful robberies are carried out with real guns. Fake guns also constitute a large percentage; hence the need to act upon any good suspicion, or better still, intel.

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Olam09(m): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2022
Yes

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Voleams: 10:12am On Feb 04, 2022
Olam09:
Yes
Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by fasho01(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2022
I think you should get a permit from the police to that effect to avoid stories that touch in the future

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by ugodson(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Just see a DPO to give guide lines and even a written note invade there is a problem

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Chiefochiefo(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Let experience be your best teacher wink

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2022
You need good answers before naija police use you to do promotion. Consult a lawyer or a police officer. Registration of your artistic tools to relevant bodies is also necessary.

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Mophor: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by mmsen: 10:13am On Feb 04, 2022
They use fake guns in Nollywood videos.

You should be fine.

Those guns that you speak of don't even look real, they are clearly toys.
Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Get a permit from any sane DPO around you, if not they won't only arrest you but they go beat you join angry

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by AmazingStudios(m): 10:14am On Feb 04, 2022
Go and consult your local police station

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by MCKitchen(f): 10:15am On Feb 04, 2022
Get a toy gun that colors green red pink yellow and shoot your video in peace.

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Kingpele(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2022
It depends on the colour but most importantly try to get police permit from a dpo or commissioner of police for clearance to use it

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by austinauto(m): 10:16am On Feb 04, 2022
I think you need a police permit, normally producer/director suppose get permit before shooting.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2022
You can use video-editing to add the guns after the video shooting naa..
Use sticks to do the guns during shooting..
Then use video editing to insert the guns and smokes and bullets and casing-ejections and all of those effects.

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by nnanyereugo(m): 10:17am On Feb 04, 2022
No matter how poor you are, on a sensitive issue like this, you can always consult a lawyer. Not necessarily you pay the lawyer unless it needs his services then you explain to him how rich you are and how he can assist you and how you'll always come to show appreciation when you blow tomorrow. Pls don't fall into the hands of hungry naija police cos of ignorance. Always consult a lawyer. Infact you should have one as a close friend so he or she can always give you directions for free ad even do some errands for you at almost the cost of nothing.

YOU NEED A LAWYER!

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by enonche85(m): 10:17am On Feb 04, 2022
mosblis:
hello guys

Oga it's simple na, you need to go get a police report, that's all.

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by Chiefochiefo(m): 10:17am On Feb 04, 2022
joinnow:

Do Nairaland has a legal section
I doubt
Let wait for Nairaland lawyers and Barrister and SAN to help out
@lala push to front page
I use to think it also. Why can't we just have a chatroom here? Oga nairaland pls let's upgrade kiss

Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by dawnomike(m): 10:19am On Feb 04, 2022
mosblis:
hello guys

You need to get police clearance for that first.
Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by osazsky(m): 10:19am On Feb 04, 2022
IbrahimSkiba:

Is it compulsory you use those?

Or are you trying to promote violence in the video? And what's the video all about?
na that one them ask u..oversabi
Re: Would I Get Busted If I Use Toy Guns As Props In My Video Here In Nigeria? by spafu(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Inform the police about the upcoming projects in writing and the toy guns to be used.

Soma Evicted From The Big Brother All Stars House / Download Shannara Chronicles Season 2 All Episodes / Ur Best Seasonal Film