Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Fake Goods, Why Do Traders Import And Sell Fake Goods As Original? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake Goods, Why Do Traders Import And Sell Fake Goods As Original? (195 Views)

Inflation, Why Do Traders Do These Things? / Why Do Traders Refuse To Refund After Returning Faulty Goods? / International Trade Business (import And Export) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fake Goods, Why Do Traders Import And Sell Fake Goods As Original? by Moneyboyz: 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2022
I created a thread a while back about people inflating price of goods using COVID and dollar as an excuse. https://www.nairaland.com/6957883/inflation-why-traders-these-things

My resentment grew even more today when my silver crest blender I bought for 29,000 last year November stopped working after 3 usage.
I was told it was original before I bought it.
I called the number on the receipt with anger and he said there are no original in the market again, meanwhile the silver crest company exists, they only prefer to buy from the fake manufacturers and parade it as the authentic one.

There are shit tons of fake electronics, drugs, clothes etc in the market. Why do people import these substandard product and sell for the price of the Original and still lie against the rising exchange rate?

Last year I went to buy a brand new PS4 in arena oshodi, brand new with carton, I unboxed it and hacked it there to install some games only for me to forget the power cable.
I had to go back the second day to get it only to find them repackaging used dirty PS4 consoles into cartons and changing it's casing.
I kept wondering where they get the casing, packagings even the security strip from but only God knows. I felt cheated but who I wan tell.

It would have been cool if I was informed that it was repackaged/refurbished. They sell these things for the price of new consoles.

Now I understand why some people say Tokunbo (used products) are better than new ones, it's not always about poverty, it's because Nigerian traders have refused to import authentic new goods.

I don't think this country is getting any better soon with the way we treat ourselves.
Also the standard organisation of Nigeria should do something about these unscrupulous business activities.
It's way out of hand.

1 Like

Re: Fake Goods, Why Do Traders Import And Sell Fake Goods As Original? by dawnomike(m): 7:03pm On Feb 03, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I created a thread a while back about people inflating price of goods using COVID and dollar as an excuse. https://www.nairaland.com/6957883/inflation-why-traders-these-things

My resentment grew even more today when my silver crest blender I bought for 29,000 last year November stopped working after 3 usage.
I was told it was original before I bought it.
I called the number on the receipt with anger and he said there are no original in the market again, meanwhile the silver crest company exists, they only prefer to buy from the fake manufacturers and parade it as the authentic one.

There are shit tons of fake electronics, drugs, clothes etc in the market. Why do people import these substandard product and sell for the price of the Original and still lie against the rising exchange rate?

Last year I went to buy a brand new PS4 in arena oshodi, brand new with carton, I unboxed it and hacked it there to install some games only for me to forget the power cable.
I had to go back the second day to get it only to find them repackaging used dirty PS4 consoles into cartons and changing it's casing.
I kept wondering where they get the casing, packagings even the security strip from but only God knows. I felt cheated but who I wan tell.

It would have been cool if I was informed that it was repackaged/refurbished. They sell these things for the price of new consoles.

Now I understand why some people say Tokunbo (used products) are better than new ones, it's not always about poverty, it's because Nigerian traders have refused to import authentic new goods.

I don't think this country is getting any better soon with the way we treat ourselves.
Also the standard organisation of Nigeria should do something about these unscrupulous business activities.
It's way out of hand.
All I can say is that, it is a pity what our country has become.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Five Reasons To Watch Glo Battle Of The Year Nigeria Reality Tv Show / Any One Knows Generator Name With Remote Control / Make Millions Of Naira Freely From Airdrop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.