Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block (872 Views)

Oil Leaks Only When Engine Is Hot. / Between Paper And Metal Cylinder Head Gaskets / Toyota Cylinder Head Bolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by kinzey1: 10:07pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hello guys, I noticed little oil leaks between my car engine cylinder head and block some days ago. My mechanic said it could be head gasket failure or warp cylinder head.

Is it possible for oil to leak externally without mixing with the coolant or coolant not in engine oil?

Note; engine is 2az for camry 2007

Cc; gazzuzz, kingreign, autologic, radiautoworks, nurey
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by autologic: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2022
kinzey1:
Hello guys, I noticed little oil leaks between my car engine cylinder head and block some days ago. My mechanic said it could be head gasket failure or warp cylinder head.

Is it possible for oil to leak externally without mixing with the coolant or coolant not in engine oil?

Is your car misfiring as a result of the leakage of oil and if not then the source if leakage is none of the above .
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by Control7: 10:21pm On Feb 03, 2022
kinzey1:

Cc; gazzuzz, kingreign, autologic, radiautoworks, nurey

Do you mean valve Cover?
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by kinzey1: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2022
autologic:

Is your car misfiring as a result of the leakage of oil and if not then the source if leakage is none of the above .

No misfiring. Where could the leaks be coming from?
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by kinzey1: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2022
Control7:

Do you mean valve Cover?

Not valve cover. Valve cover seal is very neat with no oil mark.
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by nurey(m): 9:30am On Feb 04, 2022
kinzey1:

Not valve cover. Valve cover seal is very neat with no oil mark.

Show us where the oil is gushing out from

Also valve seals may be leaking at the rear and trickling to the front area. You need to clean the engine first with petrol or diesel and then study the leakage area.
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by kinzey1: 9:57am On Feb 04, 2022
nurey:

Also valve seals may be leaking at the rear and trickling to the front area. You need to clean the engine first with petrol or diesel and then study the leakage area.
Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by kinzey1: 9:58am On Feb 04, 2022
nurey:

I have cleaned some part yesterday. See pics

Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by nurey(m): 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2022
kinzey1:

I have cleaned some part yesterday. See pics

That's not how to snap pix, snap the full clear pix of the engine a little bit far and then use edit to paint the side where the oil is leaking out from

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Leaks Between Cylinder Head And Block by kinzey1: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
nurey:

That's not how to snap pix, snap the full clear pix of the engine a little bit far and then use edit to paint the side where the oil is leaking out from

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Volvo C40 Electric Suv For $83,000(photos) / What Do You Miss About 'molue' In Lagos / Problem With Radiator Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.