Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

School Or Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / School Or Job (322 Views)

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / School Or 6 Digits Income Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Or Job by Suntsola(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
Hi am Sola, am kinda confused � I am 22yrs and I have a job paying me at least 70k per month, but I feel like I am incomplete without a degree, this is a new year and am trying to strategize my plan and way forward.
I stopped at ssce level, I am thinking of saving and starting up a side business at least 300k next year or I should go back to the uni to get a degree, in this current Nigeria conditionpls I need a good advice.
Re: School Or Job by addexx: 4:57am On Feb 05, 2022
Suntsola:
Hi am Sola, am kinda confused � I am 22yrs and I have a job paying me at least 70k per month, but I feel like I am incomplete without a degree, this is a new year and am trying to strategize my plan and way forward.
I stopped at ssce level, I am thinking of saving and starting up a side business at least 300k next year or I should go back to the uni to get a degree, in this current Nigeria conditionpls I need a good advice.

Hey man. I admire your intentions for trying to get a degree. But first of all let me have you cleared up on this: you are NOT incomplete without a degree, a piece of paper. There's so much to you than a degree. This idea is what the society wants you to believe but never fall in to the trap of thinking less of yourself.
Secondly let me make sure you understand something. The university is a business center. What are they selling? You got it right, degrees and other qualification. The degree you are after is going to cost you money and not add money to your bank account for the period you're in school. From your first day in till your final paper.
Currently you earn 70k, a salary many degree holders would die for given the current economic woes we are facing today, saw a thread about a graduate willing to accept a 20k job cos he's tired of his jobless state. That's someone with a degree you want to kill yourself for, so is thousands of others.
My ultimate suggestion is for you to relax. You need to give yourself time to build a little wealth first. Save up for your business as you have planned, Make sure you know the inside out of the business. Start working on the business even while you are on your day job. When you feel the business is stabilized you can go into it fully. At least till when you are making a very good amount of money per month. You're young so focus and give yourself 2 to 3 years to do this. By 25 you should have a solid ground on your finances. You can then decide to apply into a university. You already have a good business running. Your only challenge would be combining both. But at least you won't be a poor student hoping to get a job after graduation.

1 Like

Re: School Or Job by DarkCaesar(m): 6:29pm On Feb 10, 2022
What job are you doing that pay that much for a SSCE holder?
Would like to have an idea what it is
Re: School Or Job by sageb: 1:55am On Feb 11, 2022
Suntsola:

Set up your business first, then later you apply for part time study in the University.
They have sandwich programmes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

OTHM Level 3 Health & Social Care Certification Course / International Volunteer Certificate Program / VACANCY A Registered Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.