Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final (12319 Views)

FIFA Confirms Argentina As Host Nation For U-20 World Cup 2023 / Falconets break 12-year jinx to win Africa Games, defeat Cameroon on penalties / Mohamed Salah Scores His First Goal At AFCON As Egypt Beat Congo 2-0 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Ofiadiegwu: 8:05am On Feb 04, 2022
Egypt that Nigeria beat in the preliminary stage of this tournament, are playing finals and possibly win the throphy.

While Nigeria is nowhere to be found.

MANAGING SUCCESS IS NOT EASY, ESPECIALLY FOR THE UNPREPARED.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Ofiadiegwu: 8:08am On Feb 04, 2022
ovieigho:
“ down-fall of a man is not the end of his life “

We won egypt, they picked up the pieces of themselves and move on , but we let complacency took over us and crashed out….

You said it well.

Managing success eluded us.
Early success deceived Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by tnerro1(m): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2022
The Egyptians you see today, you shall see them lifting the cup grin

Hope Bubu does not call them sha, and if he does , hope they are wise to reject the call
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by eminikansoso(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
ovieigho:

We won egypt, they picked up the pieces of themselves and move on , but we let complacency took over us and crashed out….

Like pack of cards

1 Like

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by chidi2003(m): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2022
namdyz:
I wished bubu had not called dem, dat man nah bad luck personify
Leave Bubu out of this, please! Was he part of the squad? Our Guys messed up, simple!

1 Like

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by eminikansoso(m): 8:29am On Feb 04, 2022
whytediamond:

The irony of life.
I swear My brother
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by ogastone(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2022
Senegal will win the cup
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by ellizy(m): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2022
Mane against Salah
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2022
I dunno y u guys are still lamenting, nigeria would still hv lost, wether buhari picked their call or not, las na cameroon or senegal for thrash us comot for quarter final, you guys should learn to kiss the truth and stop wallowing in lies, there was no way nigeria would hv won this afcon
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Princedapace(m): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2022
frog12:
cameroun was far better team. how all these good teams lose to egypt na surprise to me

Egypt is a good team.. Only lacks finishers for two reasons. One, their main finisher has issues with the coach and he was dropped. The second finisher who is a top scorer in their league has injury problem so, couldn't feature well in the competition.
So, they are using players who aren't finishers by nature as Frontline.

What makes them good so far? They are disciplined, they have solid backline and great goal keeper.
They know how to manage games. They are tactical. Tacticality is what win games when u don't have wonderful finishers.
The entire backline plays for one team in Egypt, including their keeper.
The mild field, the same thing. Most of them came from Egyptian league. So, they are used to playing each other.
Salah is not a number 9. Since Egypt has problem with their main strikers, they relied on wingers to score which is hard.
How they have been able to manage it so far shows maturity.
The team that can beat Egypt very well are mainly teams from Europe and South America because those ones are very tactical. They will read the games u have played recently and develop a strategy to neutralize your strategy.
This is what most African teams lack.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by 2016easy2017: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2022
That reffee who officiated Egypt vs Caneroun is the WORST reffee football ever witnessed.
He was acting like a MAD man. Posaseseed. Its like he was on drug. He even almost stopped the winning when Caneroun lost the last penalty and of course Egypt was a winner. The keeper was asking him what and he was looking for a way to deny the last penalty when the lines man told him it was OK.
CAF should as a matter of urgency get rid of him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by jaxxy(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
Egypt wey we beat enter final.

Obviously we have the capacity to win the nations cup bt lost focus and abit naive or rigid in our game plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by victorazy(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2022
xzitblaize:
Supa Eagles see yourself

Senegal to win it, Mane on the beat

Egypt won.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by auwalyau: 9:29am On Feb 04, 2022
Exactly, sometimes failure propels the fire within while success is taken for granted.
ovieigho:

1 Like

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by 2016easy2017: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2022
Bigspider:
Hello everyone

Please I need your advise. I have a girlfriend. I love her so much and would do just anything reasonably possible to make her happy. We've been together for years and several things have happened that we have overcome. But she happens to make a 'mistake' with one of her tutors, they got so closed chemistry started to heat up and they things happened (no sex though according to her). They kissed severally and spend nights together on more than one occasion. The nightmare about this is I am currently out of the country and make sure we communicate everyday, to include the days of the escape with the socalled tutor. And I have had no idea she could be doing that since I call her every night. Only that she will reject video call most times and complain it's too dark and there's no light, I didn't suspect any other thing . Though it almost break us but she apologized and we already let that slide. But the problem now is she is still communicating with this person and that always make my thoughts run riots. I have not suspected any fowl play though, but I don't feel comfortable that she still keep contact with this person. She explained that she already put him off and told him not to come to her house anymore, but only need to keep contact with him in case she might need help with her work or need someone to put her through. I have insisted that she should be transparent with every of their interactions which she agrees. But along the line, I sense the transparency and honesty she swore isn't 100%. Then my fear and insecurity has risen. I have requested her to block and cut ties with him. She refused and saying I am selfish and insensitive and not considering her (in case she needs help). The refusal is stern that she won't mind breaking up just not to cut contact with this person. Now I am forced to think perhaps I am selfish and insensitive. Or perhaps she doesn't respect the relationship enough to cut ties with this person. Please advise and give your honest opinion. Please don't hold back if you think I am at fault, as far as it is honest I will take it. I know some will troll and use derogatory word but I sure know there still reasonable ones in here. Please help!

You see, when things so negative happens to guys, I DONT pity them. Tou are following your passion. Your lust. Your emotions. Not your brain. And when you marry the olosho, in a short time you'll have the worst regret in your life.
Don't even Marry a lady you doubt not to talk of the one you cought yourself.
These are the consequences of marrying such.
1. You'll spent the whole of your time spying.
2.tou gonna lose your mentality.
3. you'll lose your job, wealth and status.
4. If she's doing this when you are healthy what if you lose your leg.
5. You gonna be doing DNAs or bastards would inherit your wealth.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by 2016easy2017: 9:36am On Feb 04, 2022
Bigspider:
Hello everyone

Please I need your advise. I have a girlfriend. I love her so much and would do just anything reasonably possible to make her happy. We've been together for years and several things have happened that we have overcome. But she happens to make a 'mistake' with one of her tutors, they got so closed chemistry started to heat up and they things happened (no sex though according to her). They kissed severally and spend nights together on more than one occasion. The nightmare about this is I am currently out of the country and make sure we communicate everyday, to include the days of the escape with the socalled tutor. And I have had no idea she could be doing that since I call her every night. Only that she will reject video call most times and complain it's too dark and there's no light, I didn't suspect any other thing . Though it almost break us but she apologized and we already let that slide. But the problem now is she is still communicating with this person and that always make my thoughts run riots. I have not suspected any fowl play though, but I don't feel comfortable that she still keep contact with this person. She explained that she already put him off and told him not to come to her house anymore, but only need to keep contact with him in case she might need help with her work or need someone to put her through. I have insisted that she should be transparent with every of their interactions which she agrees. But along the line, I sense the transparency and honesty she swore isn't 100%. Then my fear and insecurity has risen. I have requested her to block and cut ties with him. She refused and saying I am selfish and insensitive and not considering her (in case she needs help). The refusal is stern that she won't mind breaking up just not to cut contact with this....

You see, when things so negative happens to guys, I DONT pity them. Tou are following your passion. Your lust. Your emotions. Not your brain. And when you marry the olosho, in a short time you'll have the worst regret in your life.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by MrJames007: 9:44am On Feb 04, 2022
This is the team we started with and even humiliated o grin
Super Eagles no try.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Fatbam003: 9:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Good job from the pharaoh Of Egypt, the defeated the top guns , Morocco, ivory coast , Cameroon and now Senegal. Nigeria is bigger Dan Dem actually

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:50am On Feb 04, 2022
obinna58:
Is it a coincidence that top 2 players in Africa are competing for finals?

Hell no
A player changes a team cheesy

Klopp will get value both players even more

they will still meet In wc playoffs, so one of them will miss World Cup
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Dashlish12: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2022
LIONSABRE:
Learnt alot of life lessons from this AFCON.

1. Don't let temporary setbacks define your life.

2. Don't give up after a few defeats.

3. It's not over until it's all over.

4. People can call you Failure. Don't accept that tag.

5. Fortune only Favours the brave.

6. Patience is a virtue.

7. Don't pick calls from known or reputable failures.

8. Don't take no. 7 as a joke.

9. Stay away from bad energy.

10. Nigeria will win the 2022 World Cup only if they take No. 7, 8 and 9 seriously. smiley
. Hmm. Apt

1 Like

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Oyiboman69: 10:08am On Feb 04, 2022
frog12:
cameroun was far better team. how all these good teams lose to egypt na surprise to me
their play only end in the first half...Egypt dominated the match both in second half and extra time so I don't know where your rating I'd coming from

1 Like

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by seyz91(m): 10:08am On Feb 04, 2022
whytediamond:
Learnt alot of life lessons from this AFCON.

1. Don't let temporary setbacks define your life.

2. Don't give up after a few defeats.

3. It's not over until it's all over.

4. People can call you Failure. Don't accept that tag.

5. Fortune only Favours the brave.

6. Patience is a virtue.

7. Don't pick calls from known or reputable failures.

8. Don't take no. 7 as a joke.

9. Stay away from bad energy.

10. Nigeria will win the 2022 World Cup only if they take No. 7, 8 and 9 seriously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by seyz91(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2022
cheesy
whippersnapper:
Nigeria na useless team
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by gbagyiza: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2022
YinkaOlusesi:
Egypt wey we beat enter final.

Nigeria matter is spiritual. How do you explain the fact that a country that has a huge deposit of various natural resources, first class graduates, university dons, subject matter experts, industrialists and lot of innovators n hardworking people, is still crawling and almost over taken by poverty. Now, the same Nigerian team that beats Egypt was sent packing in the second round of the competition while Egypt is now in the finals. Can you imagine that? If that team can beat a team that is now in finals, it means Nigerian team has the capacity to beat other teams n get to the finals. so, our case is more of spiritual bc the blood shed in the country is affecting it growth.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by jclassiq(m): 10:58am On Feb 04, 2022
This Senegal is a good team. They also played with Algeria last time, although they took second place eventually. Cissé must be doing something right.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by LinoPaschal: 11:14am On Feb 04, 2022
He also did the same to Anthony Joshua that made him lose his match.
namdyz:
I wished bubu had not called dem, dat man nah bad luck personify
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by DavSagacity(m): 11:20am On Feb 04, 2022
HeadNigga:
Salah v mane.

I want Egypt to win it so that Sallah will have better chances of winning balloon D'or
Yeah...your are right. Meanwhile don't forget that Senegal came very close at the last AFCON. they'll not want to come second again this time around. They have not won the Nations cup before.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by frog12: 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
as far i'm concern. they sold the game. like that kick to their goal keeper that salah almost score. was that player drunk?

na superstar final: mane, salah, mendy

generally, egypt didn't deserve the win. cameroun was the far better team

Princedapace:

Egypt is a good team.. Only lacks finishers for two reasons. One, their main finisher has issues with the coach and he was dropped. The second finisher who is a top scorer in their league has injury problem so, couldn't feature well in the competition.
So, they are using players who aren't finishers by nature as Frontline.

What makes them good so far? They are disciplined, they have solid backline and great goal keeper.
They know how to manage games. They are tactical. Tacticality is what win games when u don't have wonderful finishers.
The entire backline plays for one team in Egypt, including their keeper.
The mild field, the same thing. Most of them came from Egyptian league. So, they are used to playing each other.
Salah is not a number 9. Since Egypt has problem with their main strikers, they relied on wingers to score which is hard.
How they have been able to manage it so far shows maturity.
The team that can beat Egypt very well are mainly teams from Europe and South America because those ones are very tactical. They will read the games u have played recently and develop a strategy to neutralize your strategy.
This is what most African teams lack.
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by frog12: 1:49pm On Feb 04, 2022
. they sold the game. like that kick to their goal keeper that salah almost score. was that player drunk?

Oyiboman69:
their play only end in the first half...Egypt dominated the match both in second half and extra time so I don't know where your rating I'd coming from
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Bigspider: 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2022
Hmmmm...
2016easy2017:

Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by Princedapace(m): 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2022
frog12:
as far i'm concern. they sold the game. like that kick to their goal keeper that salah almost score. was that player drunk?

U dont know football grin
Re: Egypt Beat Host Nation Cameroon On Penalties, To Play Against Senegal In Final by whytediamond(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2022
[quote author=seyz91 post=109943837][/quote]

My Fellow Comrade grin

Oil dey ya head cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amokachi: I Don’t Regret Not Winning Africa Player Of The Year Award / African Senior Athletics Championship: How we fared in Mauritius / Nigeria Vs Republic Of Benin CHAN 2018 Qualifiers Sunday, 13 August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.