Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country (22401 Views)

Sierra Leone (the Most Beautiful West African Country) / The Most Progressive African Country / Onila See How Cameroon Is Rebuilding Bakassi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by ektbear: 3:55am On Oct 05, 2011
smiley
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nayah(f): 8:37am On Oct 05, 2011
Well EKT BEAR thanks for reestalishing the truth because my Nigerian brothers have always thought Cameroon was part of Nigeria while it's completely different! wink
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by ektbear: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2011
:]
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 01, 2013
pleep: There some Efik and Oron people living in cameroon. I hope you know when I become president of Nigeria I'm going to annex your country.

And then annex Benin and Niger.
. shocked shocked
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2013
We are West African or West central African, absolutely not Central African.when I see us I don't see the center of Africa ,far from it
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2013
tpia@:

not all of them have good stories to tell, but i understand it could be dangerous to voice dissent of any kind.
can you share those stories? I sincerely hope you will do it so that we can change or at least try to change
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Bazil(m): 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
ijaw_girl: I asked some cameroonian PROF
Ignore the caps lock lol, na his style of writing

and he said

""CAMEROON IS A WEST AFRICAN COUNTRY::THERE IS NO COUNTRY IN THE CENTER OF AFRICA;;CENTRAL AFRICA IS COUNTRY WITH THE CAPITAL NAMED LIBREVILLE:""

""MY SISTER::THERE IS NO CENTRAL AFRICA IN AFRICA;;CENTRAL AFRICA IS A COUNTRY WITH THE CAPITAL NAMED LIBREVILLE:THOSE CAMEROONIANS WHO THINK OF CAMEROON CENTRAL AFRICA ARE NOT WELL EDUCATED:THAT IS AFRICAN EDUCATION AND NOT WORLD EDUCATION:lol""

"CEMAC IS A COMEING UP OF CENTRAL AFRICA GENERATION:AND THIS CEMAC IS MADE OF FRENSCH COUNTRY IN AFRICA:AND I THINK EVEN TOGO ARE ALSO ON CEMAC:THE NAME CEMAC IS FOR THE FRENSCH COUNTRY IN THE MIDLE OF AFRICA:THERE IS NO CENTRAL AFRICA IN AFRICA:GOOGLE AND GET IT MORE:CAMEROON IS WEST AFRICA AND NOT CENTRAL AFRICA::"

krkrkr This prof is on crack!!! Cameroon has more in common culturally with gabon, cameroon, congo, etc.... than nigeria , ghana or any other west african country so how the heck is it a west african country?? People from the north might be closer culturally to nigeria but that still doesn't make cameroon a west african state!!
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 02, 2013
Bazil:

krkrkr This prof is on crack!!!
the dude even said that libreville is the capital of central african republic
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by tpia5: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: can you share those stories? I sincerely hope you will do it so that we can change or at least try to change

If it puts an impressive amount of money in my pocket, of course i'd love to share.

But if it makes absolutely no difference to my consumption of garri, then i dont think i should.

My fellow women are making big bucks and living the high life with whatever it is they're sharing, while i'm wasting my time typing on my keyboard with nothing to show for it.
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
^^ he Tpia which kind of complex english b this naa ,abeg go easy and do not molest my brain..

Give me a hint, population/civilians or security forces?
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by tpia5: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
^ seriously, i have no idea, I only know the same as everybody else.
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
What do they know?
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nayah(f): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
Bazil:

krkrkr This prof is on crack!!! Cameroon has more in common culturally with gabon, cameroon, congo, etc.... than nigeria , ghana or any other west african country so how the heck is it a west african country?? People from the north might be closer culturally to nigeria but that still doesn't make cameroon a west african state!!
100% AGREE
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nayah(f): 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: We are West African or West central African, absolutely not Central African.when I see us I don't see the center of Africa ,far from it
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Bazil(m): 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nayah:
I think he is talking about the position of your country on the map!!
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by BlackKenichi(m): 1:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
I used to think Cameroon was a West African country. I've come to realise that it's a Central African country. Culturally its a place where West African and Central African forest, savannah (Sahel and Sudan) and desert cultures clash and mix!
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Bazil(m): 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
no and no. cameroon is mostly central african culturaly speaking, if uve ever been there you d know,now if your talkin about the northern part of the country that borders nigeria probably, but thats how it is everywhere there is a border.
Re: Why Our English Speaking Brothers Think Cameroon Is A West African Country by Nayah(f): 12:09am On Nov 19, 2013
Bazil: no and no. cameroon is mostly central african culturaly speaking, if uve ever been there you d know,now if your talkin about the northern part of the country that borders nigeria probably, but thats how it is everywhere there is a border.
Word! Cameroon is a Central African country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekpeye Masquerade Festival In Rivers State (Photos) / Ooni Appoints Adediwura As New Obalufe (Photo) / Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.