Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff (14242 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (1 - 1) On 29th March 2022 / Poland Refuse To Play Russia In 2022 World Cup Playoff Game / CAF Approves Enyimba Stadium For Cara Brazavile Game 29/08/2018. 5pm Live On Sst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by BoBiafra(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
BREAKING: CAF approves Abuja stadium for Nigeria vs Ghana 2022 World Cup playoff.
The Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) has approved the Moshood Abiola National Stadium, Abuja for the second leg of the 2022 World Cup playoff between Nigeria’s Super Eagles and the Black Stars of Ghana.

TheNewsGuru.com (TNG) reports Raul Chipenda, CAF’s Director of Development made this known on Thursday in a letter addressed to Mr. Mohammed Sanusi, General Secretary of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
The letter titled “FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 African qualifiers Playoff rounds-Nigeria-Venue decision” reads: “Dear General Secretary,Reference to participation of the national team of Nigeria in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 African qualifiers playoff rounds which will take place from March 21 to March 29, 2022, following the stadium assessment and inspection process conducted by CAF, kindly find below the decision on the venue selected by your association:Venue: Moshood Abiola National Stadium (Abuja); Decision: APPROVED. Please note that the approved stadium will be set as the venue to host the match Nigeria Vs. Ghana related to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 African qualifiers playoff round.

“Nonetheless, please find attached in Annex A the inspection comments and remarks to be addressed in the coming period by your association, in order to guarantee that the stadium is maintained in the list of CAF approved stadiums for senior competitions .Among other aspects mentioned in the report, the stadium management is requested to ensure that the playing surface area, floodlights and the dressing rooms are brought up to the required level to host this important match,We appreciate your contribution in helping us raise the level of African football with improved facilities as we continue to gain exposure to a global audience. Please accept, dear General Secretary, the expression of my best regards”.

With the approval, international football returns to Abuja after a hiatus of nearly 10 years.
Confirming CAF’s decision, Toyin Ibitoye, Special Assistant to the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare, said CAF officials had inspected the pitch few weeks ago.

“The CAF team inspected the Moshood Abiola National stadium, Abuja few weeks back and the good news is that the stadium has been approved by CAF for Nigeria’s FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 African qualifiers playoffs game second leg game against Ghana in March,” he said.Ibitoye said the development was in line with efforts by the minister to return international football to Abuja after the rehabilitation of the 60,000 capacity Moshood Abiola stadium.

“I have been told to give you the good news by the minister that our efforts to return football to Moshood Abiola National stadium Abuja is yielding very positively results, one of which is this approval from CAF,” he added.The Super Eagles of Nigeria will clash with the Black Stars of Ghana in a playoff for one of the five spots to represent Africa at the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup.

According to CAF, Ghana will host the first leg with the return leg in Abuja, both matches will hold from March 24 to March 29.Earlier, CAF had rejected a request from the Ghana Football Association (GFA) to name a new venue for the first leg of the encounter.

The GFA sought to move the first leg of the tie from the Cape Coast Stadium to the Baba Yara Stadium, Kumasi.The Cape Coast Stadium is billed to host the country’s Independence Day celebration on March 6.

CAF turned down the request, stating that it fell outside the time allowed for such.The FIFA World Cup 2022 preliminary competition regulations in its article 21 venues, kick-off times and training sessions stipulate that “The venues of matches shall be set by the host association and/or by the confederation, as applicable, and the matches may only be played in stadiums that have been inspected and approved by the confederation concerned.

-By EDIRI OYIBO
https://guardian.ng/sport/caf-approves-moshood-abiola-stadium-for-nigeria-ghana-world-cup-qualifier/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0uAYaJUPkc

1 Like

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Clinton999: 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2022
Ultimate floging for Ghana grin grin

10 Likes

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by realstars: 12:00am On Feb 05, 2022
I still the panick for that one goal, when i discoverd that our goalkeeper is a first class basket.

9 Likes

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by paulolee(m): 2:50am On Feb 05, 2022
why not uyo mk I watch am live with my Ghanian bea?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Happinessabd: 7:54am On Feb 05, 2022
paulolee:
why not uyo mk I watch am live with my Ghanian bea?
u wan flog Ghana on and off the pitch abi?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by reccy(m): 9:44am On Feb 05, 2022
Where is the stadium? This one wey look like dog camp? Very disgusting and below standard and par.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by flemsy15(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2022
I heard they've been renovating it.
The location of that stadium is a problem, With Abuja transportation issues, only very few will stress themselves going there because of difficulty in getting transportation. Since fans are not even allowed because of Covid-19, it's not a bad venue.

1 Like

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Naiira(m): 11:11am On Feb 05, 2022
I bind any form of call emanating from…

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Greenmentors: 11:11am On Feb 05, 2022
We are watching

1 Like

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Antell95(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2022
See this 20 Foods to Boost Your Immune System against Infections

https://reloadnaija.com/20-foods-to-boost-your-immune-system-against-infections/

1 Like

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by dynicks(m): 11:12am On Feb 05, 2022
I TAKE GOD BEG UNA....

BUHARI SHOULDN'T KNOW OF THIS!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by pyyxxaro: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2022
This one when there won play the match for Abuja , Buhari no need to call again na

Naa just for am to climb e balcony for Aso Rock just de shout their name

Naa steady own goal we go de see undecided

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Emissary1(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2022
Interesting

1 Like

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by yusluvad(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2022
It's okay. Make Buhari sha no call them...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Mkelv0106(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2022
Why won't they approve it. After d renovation, that stadium is beautiful, with VAR technology sef...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by FineUsername(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2022
Clinton999:

Same was said before the game with the Tunisians. Overconfidence dey fall hand.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Mkelv0106(m): 11:14am On Feb 05, 2022
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 05, 2022
reccy:
Where is the stadium? This one wey look like dog camp? Very disgusting and below standard and par.
So which stadium wey u want make dem play?
Las las nigeria go loose sha, infact I no sure say nigeria go win any tournament until dem scrap all these useless players pack street boys full the team, that'll be around 2050, but we fit win world cup wen my grandchildren dey 50yrs

1 Like

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Dreytonisback(m): 11:16am On Feb 05, 2022
Shatta wale will never leave Ghana cheesy
If them born him papa well make he come watch the match for ABJ if Mc oluomo boys no go beat am like thief wey steal banana from Onitsha market

If we beat Ghana finish we go beat them after match again , Dem no get respect for their elders

I just want make them calculate the whole Ghana worth plus their value make I just buy am , if money no reach I go borrow
Make that name just silent finally

Lights up my kpoli in peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:17am On Feb 05, 2022
NFF, we must not hear we lose because weather too hot o. sad
Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Bamzyriches451: 11:19am On Feb 05, 2022
Damn!!
Why dem nor bring am for my hood make I for watch am live..... Anyways it's still good but make bubu no Sha call them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by havenz(m): 11:19am On Feb 05, 2022
I no know why I dey fear this Nigeria vs Ghana match, i just pray make this men trash Ghana for me, so help me God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 05, 2022
Dreytonisback:
Shatta wale will never leave Ghana cheesy
If them born him papa well make he come watch the match for ABJ if Mc oluomo boys no go beat am like thief wey steal banana from Onitsha market

If we beat Ghana finish we go beat them after match again , Dem no get respect for their elders

I just want make them calculate the whole Ghana worth plus their value make I just buy am , if money no reach I go borrow
Make that name just silent finally

All this nonsense chest beating untop only qualification, una suppose hold super eagles for blokos if dem no win or carry third place sef for this world cup

3 Likes

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by biwoya5588: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2022
Ehhhh ghana
Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Samunique(m): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2022
Clinton999:
I came across on Ghanaian who said, the clash between Nigeria and Ghana would be the battle of whose "juju strong pass". grin

I was like, see mentality o !
e don reach that ? grin

But sincerely speaking, e go strong o, but I see eagles going through by God's grace !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Dreytonisback(m): 11:27am On Feb 05, 2022
Senomii:

All this nonsense chest beating untop only qualification, una suppose hold super eagles for blokos if dem no win or carry third place sef for this world cup

Ever asked yourself why they didn't use locations like Port Harcourt , Edo state, Delta for this match?

Them know say those locations they fvck up anybody 2 secs

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Kinzo0917(m): 11:31am On Feb 05, 2022
flemsy15:
I heard they've been renovating it.
The location of that stadium is a problem, With Abuja transportation issues, only very few will stress themselves going there because of difficulty in getting transportation. Since fans are not even allowed because of Covid-19, it's not a bad venue.
. Very easy to spot. Not too far from area one junction. B4 u get to area junction if u are coming from berger junction. Is by the road. And there is no too much go slow in abuja compared to Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by SOFTENGR: 11:31am On Feb 05, 2022
I don't care whatever the result would be.
Bubu should call them before the match. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CAF Approves Abuja Stadium For Nigeria Vs Ghana 2022 World Cup Playoff by Kinzo0917(m): 11:33am On Feb 05, 2022
pyyxxaro:
This one when there won play the match for Abuja , Buhari no need to call again na

Naa just for am to climb e balcony for Aso Rock just de shout their name

Naa steady own goal we go de see undecided
. You funny sha. Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Noni Madueke: NFF To Challenge England For PSV Starlet / Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking / Cristiano Ronaldo Score 2 Goals In Al Nassr's Win Vs Ahli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.