Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty (16730 Views)

Ohanaeze Carpets FG As UK Jails Ekweremadu, Wife / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime / Nnamdi Kanu Blames FG For The Death Of His Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by samwillyco1(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2022
nedekid:

The only time they give you advice is when you meet them for loans etc. If not what concerns us with them?
Its when you go and meet your rich uncle to assist you with money, he then has the opportunity to tell you the history of your life and how you are not doing well etc. He will talk to you anyhow and might not still give you shi shi.

I agreed with you but they should have also agreed that they gave NIGERIA a bad advice that put us in this Present condition but I blame our evil politicians .
The so called world Bank adviced FG to remove fuel l subsidy in this critical time, World Bank is evil to the developing countries especially Africans.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Yankee101: 2:22pm On Feb 05, 2022
Bujari especially and his clueless team
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by galoz: 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
ayindejimmy:

https://punchng.com/world-bank-blames-fg-as-high-inflation-worsens-poverty/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social
buhari is wicked, he destroyed everywhwere and took nigeria forty years back while our so learned nigeria are watching him do the mess. It is a pity
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Tianamen1: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2022
backbencher:
Well, an easy way to cut inflation is by removing subsides on petrol and power.

In return for high prices, we get more money coming in by way of investment, and more jobs even, since profit making becomes possible in both sectors.

Also, we can end up by increasing our revenue from taxes, by getting tax from the 70% of taxable Nigerians who do not pay income tax at state and federal level, as well as improve VAT collection.

But since it means high prices for everything in the short term, people don't want to agree...so we keep on spending above our means to provide welfare and keep on taking more and more loans.

Fun thing is that the opposition wants more of the same as the government.

In response to the inflation occurring across the world, Developed countries are starting to raise interest rates within their domestic borders.
This action may cause recession to occur in several countries. The developed countries believed their economies are robust enough, so their economies would not collapse.

Egypt and Nigeria are refusing to raise interest rates fearing that the danger posed by a possible recession outweighs the benefits of fighting inflation through raising interest rates.

We were taught that global funds move out from regions with comparatively high inflation and low interest rates to regions with lower inflation and higher interest rates. This results in currency depreciation similar to what occurred in the 80’s in Nigeria, in countries that choose not to fight inflation.

The world bank is trying to advice our government that a potential collapse of the Naira may be eminent, so our government should act fast and retrace its inflation fighting policy.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by ashala(m): 4:25pm On Feb 05, 2022
Racoon:
The world Bank encourage poor third world countries to take stupid loans they don't need with constricting conditions attached to them, asked them to devalue their currencies especially when their GDPs are nothing to write home about.

But when shit hit the fan, then they begin look for who to blame. I blame the useless cap-in-hand beggey beggey leaders that always rush to these western imperialists thinking the meant them good when all they do is to choke then up with debts. Nonsense!

You just summarized it all.
This was why men like Thomas Sankara rejected them and their evil loans and they ended up killing him.
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Hiq0: 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2022
Hmmm
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Jackiedemie(m): 8:12am On Feb 06, 2022
joyandfaith:

Investors would always sense bad leadership even before swearing in.
Buhari couldn't bring inflation to 1 digit for 7 years. Too Bad!
The sense it before election was conducted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by twosquare(m): 9:21am On Feb 06, 2022
samwillyco1:

I agreed with you but they should have also agreed that they gave NIGERIA a bad advice that put us in this Present condition but I blame our evil politicians .
The so called world Bank adviced FG to remove fuel l subsidy in this critical time, World Bank is evil to the developing countries especially Africans.
Have you ever seen any good loan master or nice lender? Lol... Let's learn from all the loan apps we have presently in Naija. grin grin

Our problem is the inability to learn how to dine with the devil (it's actually with a long spoon, you know.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Shikini: 1:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
walemoney007:
The inflation rate got to a double digit in 2014

Buhari handling of the economy is a disaster though

Oga, stop displaying your ignorance in public. Simple 'Google' you can't use.

See Inflation curve below ...

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Shikini: 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
backbencher:

Low oil prices.

Between 2010-14,crude was at $91-130.

April 2014, the Americans and Saudis decided to 'play chicken' over oil prices, and the drop began. By 2015, oil was at 75 dollars, and has remained at a low state, sometimes dipping below 30 dollars, largely below 70 dollars till this month

Less revenue means less money means inflation rises.

It does not mean Buhari is a good leader, it means he is a bad leader because he should have devised means of responding to the drop in revenue by getting other sources of revenue....and by removing subsides, and rasing tax revenues.

Olodo, is oil the only source of revenue? What about the over $30 trillion loans he has borrowed?

Besides, oil is selling for $95 today ... is Nigeria better off?
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by jude79(m): 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
Apart from imo, other south east states are doing fine, especially in estate development and businesses, another thing boosting eastern economy is diasporan money.
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
Shikini:

Olodo, is oil the only source of revenue? What about the over $30 trillion loans he has borrowed?

Besides, oil is selling for $95 today ... is Nigeria better off?

Since you think I am an 'olodo', I won't answer you.

Good evening and good luck with yourself. God bless.
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Evaloyal2J(f): 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
blackpanda:
Smh

The real problem is that we always listen to what these big liars say. Are they not the ones that encourage deregulation, removal of subsidy and devaluation of naira. Still the same people that blame govt for following their advise. Useless scammers!

Well the succeed in their lies because most Nigerians are too dumb to critically think for themselves. Most of us are just simple minded and empty skull
Just speak the truth for once, it doesn't kill. Your dump skull empty begy begy leaders have exchanged the economy for useless loans. They know and accepted these useless conditions for the loans and poor Nigerians are paying for their irresponsible decisions. Dont worry when you default on China loans, no body would tell you. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Shikini: 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
backbencher:

Since you think I am an 'olodo', I won't answer you.

Good evening and good luck with yourself. God bless.

Oga, is oil the only source of revenue?

What about the over $30 trillion loans he has borrowed?

Oil is now selling for $95 ... why are things still?
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by omojeesu(m): 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
ayindejimmy:

https://punchng.com/world-bank-blames-fg-as-high-inflation-worsens-poverty/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

Evil world bank.
Their policies which our government follow also contribute to our economic woes apart from our home grown poor governance, incompetence and corruption.
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by omojeesu(m): 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Brb.
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Shikini:

Oga, is oil the only source of revenue?

What about the over $30 trillion loans he has borrowed?

Oil is now selling for $95 ... why are things still?

Like I said, I can give you an answer, but since you called me an olodo, and you are also thinking I somehow support Buhari, and you have refused to apologise for calling me an olodo, since I did not abuse you or call you names, I won't answer you.

You guys should realize that being on this site does not mean you go round abusing people. Especially those who did not abuse you. You can disagree with others without being abusive.

As my signature says, I don't respond to insults. So, once again, good evening, and do have a good week.
Re: World Bank Blames FG As High Inflation Worsens Poverty by Kaycee121: 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hi good day everyone

I would like to use this platform to inform you
all that we at

TANJURIEL FARMS AND AGRO

we are into the
SUPPLY AND PURCHASE in tonnes of the following

Paddy Rice,
White or yellow maize,
Wheat,
soyabean
,Millet
Sesame seed.

Kindly contact me today 07032492179.

If you have for SALE or you want to PURCHASE we are always ready to do business with you.

Ensure to call, text or WhatsApp the number above if you are in need of any of the above we can supply in large quantities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JTF Arrests Immigration Officer Boko-Haram Member / Photo Speaks: Politician Vs Voters / Buhari, Yahaya Bello, Ikpeazu & Others Honored At Daily Times 91st Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.