Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month (15480 Views)

Victor Osimhen Becomes 1st African Footballer To Win Golden Boot In Serie A / Arsenal Star Aubameyang Wins PL Player Of The Month / David De Gea Becomes The 1st Goalkeeper To Make The Least Saves At The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by obembet(f): 8:12am On Feb 05, 2022
David de Gea has been named the Premier League's Player of the Month, becoming the first goalkeeper to win the award in six years

The 31-year-old made 22 saves across four games for Manchester United in January, helping them move up into the top four of the Premier League.

Southampton's Fraser Forster was the last keeper to win the prize back in February 2016.

It marks the first time that De Gea has been awarded the Premier League's Player of the Month in his 11-year spell at Manchester United.

De Gea topped a six-man January shortlist that featured Jarrod Bowen, Kevin De Bruyne, Jack Harrison, Joao Moutinho and James Ward-Prowse.

Though he kept just one clean sheet in January, much like the rest of the season, De Gea produced a number of stellar performances in January.

The month started with a 1-0 defeat against Wolves in a game which De Gea made a string of crucial saves to keep the Red Devils in the game before Moutinho's 82nd minute winner.

De Gea again made a number of excellent saves despite Aston Villa coming from two goals down to get a point against the Red Devils.

The Spaniard was kept busy in the first-half against Brentford who could have been two or three goals up at the break, before United put the Premier League new boys to the sword with three goals in the second-half.

He then kept a clean sheet as United took a valuable 1-0 victory over West Ham to get a valuable three points in the battle for the Champions League spots.

In what has been a tough season for the Red Devils, De Gea has been arguably the club's most reliable performer and United would arguably be in a worse off position if it wasn't for the Spaniard.

Overall, De Gea has the most saves in the Premier League this season. His total of 84 is 13 more than his nearest challenger Illan Meslier

Sourt: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1489554356970078208?t=cRcp0I5sYklv3m2R-6DOrA&s=19

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by OJEEMAH(m): 8:15am On Feb 05, 2022
Oga, Ronaldo chop PK last night and they were ousted from the FA cup by the 7th team on the championship log.........created a thread cos if na Messi, you would have created series of threads to malign him.

bloody hypocrite!!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by Longin: 8:25am On Feb 05, 2022
Ronaldo against middisbrough

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by yuping(m): 8:37am On Feb 05, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Oga, Ronaldo chop PK last night and they were ousted from the FA cup by the 7th team on the championship log.........created a thread cos if na Messi, you would have created series of threads to malign him.

bloody hypocrite!!
Hmmm make I no lie Messi dey fall hand ooo, the thing dey pain like mad.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by OJEEMAH(m): 8:56am On Feb 05, 2022
yuping:

Hmmm make I no lie Messi dey fall hand ooo, the thing dey pain like mad.
This no be about Messi sef....... make Op create thread as e dey do when messi fumble

meanwhile,
17 games
6 goals
6 assists
This na average performance of most players but because him set the standard too high, everybody dey cast am but e go bounce back

Niqqa don pay him dues already.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by yuping(m): 9:01am On Feb 05, 2022
OJEEMAH:
This no be about Messi sef....... make Op create thread as e dey do when messi fumble

meanwhile,
17 games
6 goals
6 assists
This na average performance of most players but because him set the standard too high, everybody dey cast am but e go bounce back
Niqqa don pay him dues already.
I just dey feel say him suppose bust everywhere naaa.
So Ronaldo fumble penalty trully?
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by internationalman(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2022
Even when Man Utd is in the mud this poster must find a way to dig them out and put them in a snow with good News like this..

Continue, a balloon d'or won can never be unwon.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by OJEEMAH(m): 9:09am On Feb 05, 2022
yuping:

I just dey feel say him suppose bust everywhere naaa.
So Ronaldo fumble penalty trully?
Yes na...... you no watch am??

3 Likes

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by yuping(m): 9:12am On Feb 05, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Yes na...... you no watch am??
I slept off.
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by ThierryJay: 9:27am On Feb 05, 2022
Obembet, after crying your eyes out since yesternight, you ignored your washed out, woeful Cristiano that could not do it against a division 2 team and focused on De Gea instead. Yet, you publicize & criticize Messi for lesser disappearing acts against much stronger teams. Abi we should blame Greenwood again for not passing to CR?

Ojeemah, I think Cristiano should have won the Goalkeeper of the month. He conceded a whopping zero goals and assists for month of January; Simply outstanding grin

Fun fact: Even though Ronaldo is generally regarded as the most prolific penalty taker currently, he has missed the same number of penalties as Messi in his career. Talk about the impact of hype.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by Shedrack777: 9:36am On Feb 05, 2022
obembet, why didn't create a thread of manchester being knocked out of fa by a 7th position club of championship? fear God small na

9 Likes

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by obembet(f): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2022
He is the Best Three Consecutive Man Utd Player of the Month Then January EPL player of the month.

8 Likes

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by OJEEMAH(m): 10:47am On Feb 05, 2022
ThierryJay:
Obembet, after crying your eyes out since yesternight, you ignored your washed out, woeful Cristiano that could not do it against a division 2 team and focused on De Gea instead. Yet, you publicize & criticize Messi for lesser disappearing acts against much stronger teams. Abi we should blame Greenwood again for not passing to CR?

Ojeemah, I think Cristiano should have won the Goalkeeper of the month. He conceded a whopping zero goals and assists for month of January; Simply outstanding grin

Fun fact: Even though Ronaldo is generally regarded as the most prolific penalty taker currently, he has missed the same number of penalties as Messi in his career. Talk about the impact of hype.

That confused gender created a thread to spite Messi shortly after the loss to Nice in a shootout but the dingbat don suddenly go awol cos his penalty hunter couldn't find the net yet again.

Their hypocrisy stinks.......Imagine if he had scored, all of them go say naim dey carry man u. Now wey e chop pk still lose join, we no go hear naim dey kill man u ooh.

another trophiless season loading grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by obembet(f): 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2022
Lalasticlala put this to front page let celebrate legend. Don't mind haters. All this . OJEEMAH ThierryJay , Shedrack777 yuping . They are all enemy of the progress

e dey pain them ni :

Messi is World’s best goal Keeper of the season. Just 1 goal so far

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by paulolee(m): 12:08pm On Feb 05, 2022
congrats to the best player in manchester united, without ur key saves, united for dey the other half of the table..
David is more influential than all players combined in dt team bcoz ralf can easily bench or sub any player in a big game n still get result bt he cnt try such with de gea

2 Likes

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by obembet(f): 12:10pm On Feb 05, 2022
paulolee:
congrats

Thanks jare my dear. U and I are now on the same lane. grin
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by paulolee(m): 12:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
obembet:

Thanks jare my dear. U and I are now on the same lane. grin
lolz...i can never be on the same lane with an hypocrite, messi PSG lost against a strong nice and u created a thread dt was on f.p even before 10am on Monday morning, all ur fan boys were blasting messi, calling him a bad luck n a fraud asif he missed d deciding p.k..
cr7 lost against a championship side, cr7 missed p.k n united lost dier only hope for trophy n m still waiting for ur post about dt match n u are talking about de gea news...stinking hypocrisy..
I dnt do friends with such people....I'll pass please

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by cunny88(m): 12:24pm On Feb 05, 2022
Those blaming de gea for failing to kip out one pk in d Europe league final can now see how difficult it is. Henderson couldn't make a single save out of 8 kicks last night

1 Like

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by yusluvad(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2022
Well done De Gea
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by yuping(m): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
obembet:
Lalasticlala put this to front page let celebrate legend. Don't mind haters. All this . OJEEMAH ThierryJay , Shedrack777 yuping . They are all enemy of the progress

e dey pain them ni :

Messi is World’s best goal Keeper of the season. Just 1 goal so far
If my man start scoring you go hear from me. For now better rest.

3 Likes

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by everythinggirly(f): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2022
Wow! Nice one!
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by Diamondniyi(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
grin
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by wisdom042(m): 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
That's a great one well done
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by EmmaLege: 9:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
cheee grin grin grin
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by DontBullshitMe: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
That basket?
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by Dreytonisback(m): 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2022
OJEEMAH:

bloody hypocrite!!

He should create a thread to derail cristiano Ronaldo who's richer than his entire generation plus yours
Alaye try get serious with your life.

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by Honor10: 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Degea being Man U best player for months now show how pathetic and hopeless the club is.

That old goat and Fernandez keep missing sitters yesterday, useless piece of shit.

No trophy in 5 years, yet spend the most money and the players collect the highest wage in premier league.

Man should be disbanded, that club is hopeless.

1 Like

Re: De Gea Becomes 1st Goalkeeper Since 2016 To Win PL Player Of The Month by richmanrichard: 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
most saves no dey give best keeper award at d end of season. since sir Alex left man u; de gea always has d highest saves due to rubbish team work .sir Alex did ritual with d future of man utd in exchange for longlife. ndo utd! no amt of spending can save u .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Should Replace Mourinho As Man.utd Coach? / Nigeria Qualifies For Afrobasket Final / Keshi Calls Up 30 Players For The Summer Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.