Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:46 PM

My Experience Mixing Business With Pleasure - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience Mixing Business With Pleasure (317 Views)

Start This Lucrative Business With Little Capital...smile Your Way To The Bank / Paint Production And Colour Mixing Techniques For Modern Paints / How To Start VTU Business With 3500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Mixing Business With Pleasure by ImahGabi22(m): 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2022
Stop mixing biz with pleasure/personal life...

I used to be guilty of this. About one ASUU strike ago, I was so much occupied with gigs that I had to outsource some. I didn't know much people so I went to a job market where I could find people that can handle that particular project. I found two people and this is going to sound stupid but I hired this girl (particularly because she was fine) and a guy, mehn...

Before she submitted it, there was some delays but when she eventually did, mehn, I spent over 2 hours correcting the work and it still wasn't 'it' (according to the client) . Sadly, I lost that client. But I learned my lesson.

Another experience I had was with a guy friend of mine, we go way back since primary school and when I started to climb the money-making ladder, I put him through and everything. At times I outsource gigs to him and often times, he did quite well but other times, I was correcting repeatedly and cussing him too� (this went on for a while and was understandable because he was still learning but it was frustrating)

So at times, when I give him gigs to do for me... he would delay in submitting them and I would wave it off because he was my guy but there was a particular incident that happened and I said ... "Omo, you no b my guy again"

After that girl incident in delaying to submit my work, I made this principle that whoever I outsource work to, they submit a day or 2 earlier than when I ought to submit it to the client... (let's say I have to submit it by Friday, they should submit on Wednesday or Thursday latest)

So on that week, I outsourced two projects, one of them foked up after wasting two days, (I was so damn pissed �) and my guy who ought to have submitted on Saturday, he said Sunday, I said no yawa... on Sunday baba gave me another excuse for work wey I suppose submit on Monday... Omo for my mind I said, "Omo, you no b my guy again"

I cleared him and ever since that moment himself know sey he fok up because that isn't the first time.

If you enjoyed what you just read, you'd love my WhatsApp community where I show how I make $$ via freelancing, interesting stories, catch cruise and all…

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-a6nFOVOeGvAiIPbs2bW9ye-OZS-QEwPHgfQFJ4A8fE/edit?usp=drivesdk

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Help? / Who Is An Engineer? / Teaching Job In Oman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.