Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike (1587 Views)

#Breaking: ASUU Announces Resumption Date / Nigerians React As ASUU Announces Plan To Extend Strike Indefinitely / ASUU Announces ‘Conditional Suspension’ Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Azeemokoya: 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it would soon embark on an indefinite strike to press home their demands one month after it suspended a nine-month-old strike.

Dr Lazarus Maigoro, ASUU Chairman of the University of Jos chapter of the Union, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Jos.

The ASUU suspended a nine-month-old industrial action in December 2020 due to the failure of Federal Government to address all the issues raised in the 2009 agreement it entered with the union.

Maigoro, who described the Federal Government as an “unfaithful spouse”, said the union would not relent until the standard of education is uplifted in the country.

“The government’s pattern of response to issues is that of a serial promise breaker.

“Like an unfaithful spouse, they are unable to match their words with action which is affecting the education sector negatively.

“We are tired of their deceit and it is time for us to take actio; so we want to inform Nigerians that we are tired of fruitless meetings with the Minister of Labour; Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission, the Chief of Staff to the President; among others.

“If they ever want us to listen to them; they should first of all act on the promises they have already made,” he said.

https://newsroundtheclock.com/ASUU-announces-impending-nationwide-strike/

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by tempest01(m): 4:58pm On Feb 05, 2022
When I saw the political promise to ASUU in the news, I saw this coming. The current cabal wants to keep promising ASUU without fulfilling till they get out of power.

They also know it will not be good for them for ASUU to strike into the electron year. This is the best time for ASUU to pressure and get their demands met

1 Like

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by LordIsaac(m): 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2022
Unijos undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by BigYash: 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2022
ASUU never ready for anything. Just like the fraudulent NLC..
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by seankim(m): 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
I’m supporting ASUU on this.
If not for ASUU, most of our public Universities would be worse than their current deplorable states.
NUT could not protect our public elementary schools and the result is obvious to everyone.
NLC died after Adams Oshiomole. They're non existent in our private sectors where I work. We're technically on our own.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Chiefecho(m): 8:44pm On Feb 05, 2022
While

see DJ cuppy way start school just last

year don dey finish
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Chiefecho(m): 8:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
[sup][/sup]
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by TeeGentle(m): 8:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
ASUU and strike is like 5&6
They don do January strike naw it is February turn
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 05, 2022
These devils don embarrass me☹️ see my brother wey graduate from secondary school 2yrs ago, ASUU don strike sotay I suppose dey final yr this yr but we never even resume 200lvl second semester, while my younger bro dey 200lvl 1st semester, see as dem just scatter my life, come reduce the respect wey me as senior suppose get, cursed people

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by African26(m): 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2022

1 Like

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by heyhey2016: 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Senomii:
These devils don embarrass me☹️ see my brother wey graduate from secondary school 2yrs ago, ASUU don strike sotay I suppose dey final yr this yr but we never even resume 200lvl second semester, while my younger bro dey 200lvl 1st semester, see as dem just scatter my life, come reduce the respect wey me as senior suppose get, cursed people
what's of me that my junior brother enter before me.
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 06, 2022
heyhey2016:
what's of me that my junior brother enter before me.
Your own case dey normal, I suppose graduate September this yr but na 200level I still dey
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by heyhey2016: 12:08am On Feb 06, 2022
Senomii:

Your own case dey normal, I suppose graduate September this yr but na 200level I still dey
I wrote jamb 2 times no admission my junior once got admitted. Still haven't gotten
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 06, 2022
heyhey2016:
I wrote jamb 2 times no admission my junior once got admitted. Still haven't gotten
Just put it on hold first, use 6months to 1yr master any digital skill and trust me na people go dey beg you make u go university, cos university go just dey like nuisance for ur eye sef, that certificate if e no fit give u better work then na just ordinary paper

1 Like

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by jaxxy(m): 12:46am On Feb 06, 2022
Oil prices has gone up settle with them now.
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Ayojideonline(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2022
jaxxy:
Oil prices has gone up settle with them now.

Lol >>>> On Point! ........ and the crypto market too ! wink..... grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by heyhey2016: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
Senomii:

Just put it on hold first, use 6months to 1yr master any digital skill and trust me na people go dey beg you make u go university, cos university go just dey like nuisance for ur eye sef, that certificate if e no fit give u better work then na just ordinary paper
which digital skill do you recommend?
Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
heyhey2016:
which digital skill do you recommend?
Depends on anyone ur brain can carry, whichever one you're passionate and patient enough to put ur time n effort to master, else if u just dive in on anyone you'd get bored and easily frustrated, so it's better u search on google and check whichever one fits ur personality, it'll be easier for you

1 Like

Re: ASUU Announces Impending Nationwide Strike by heyhey2016: 3:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Senomii:

Depends on anyone ur brain can carry, whichever one you're passionate and patient enough to put ur time n effort to master, else if u just dive in on anyone you'd get bored and easily frustrated, so it's better u search on google and check whichever one fits ur personality, it'll be easier for you
Thanks boss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Confraternity? / Before You Enroll For Toefl, These Secrets And Facts You Need To Know. / N E C O Is Stupid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.