Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

About Warri - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / About Warri (2395 Views)

Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwoli Godfrey Has Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Sahara Reporters / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 8:23am On Dec 16, 2022
Naphtali44:

We also will practice our culture of vengeance soonest. Just mark today, body go tell all of una. Anybody when use us serve juju, we go destroy una totally. For your info, these are tribes involved in the genocide of urhobo people and they all are marked for extermination. Benin(expecially), yoruba, ogu, ijebu, fon, aja, ewe, igala, ishan, western igbo etc.
Just watch how Jesus go fight for us.

Na Jesus you dey call

Move on

You're only going to fight yourself

Edo bloods also flow in you, that's is just the obvious truth the edos mixed with the indigenes to form urhobo

1 Like

Re: About Warri by Naphtali44(m): 8:31am On Dec 16, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Na Jesus you dey call

Move on

You're only going to fight yourself

Edo bloods also flow in you, that's is just the obvious truth the edos mixed with the indigenes to form urhobo

Jesus, the righteous judge, is all we have against such demonic people as yourselves.
Pure Uruegbo blood flows in me, and it yearns for retribution.
Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Naphtali44:

Jesus, the righteous judge, is all we have against such demonic people as yourselves.
Pure Uruegbo blood flows in me, and it yearns for retribution.

You call the African religion demonic, haha

Even in the urhobo clan you people used yourself as sacrifice to your gods too

So go sit down and stop demonizing the African religion
Re: About Warri by Naphtali44(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

You are full of dump shit

Even the mighty British couldn't end the bini people even with their maxim weapon

Then a tribe full of drunkard is who we will fear edo spring up admist of a torn kingdom ravaged by war caused by the British and here we are still waxing strong, something should tell you we edos can't be overrun

Go and drink your ogogoro and wash your teeth with a chewing stick an a wrapper on your waist that's all you people know how to do best sit and allow your women work themselves out

Presently is yahoo and ritualism....

Don't forget majority of deltans are in edo especially urhobos compare to the population of edo in delta state

Your tribe is for ever cursed, when you are done fighting the ownership of Warri then you can think of coming down to benin to resettle and bow to a king....

When we start, we shall make an end of you all. Obenu belongs to Us, and we'll reclaim all of our glory. We will come as our fathers, make sure to come as yours. All lingering contention(s) will be righteously addressed and reparations duly rendered.

Re: About Warri by Naphtali44(m): 8:42am On Dec 16, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

You are full of dump shit

Even the mighty British couldn't end the bini people even with their maxim weapon

Then a tribe full of drunkard is who we will fear edo spring up admist of a torn kingdom ravaged by war caused by the British and here we are still waxing strong, something should tell you we edos can't be overrun

Go and drink your ogogoro and wash your teeth with a chewing stick an a wrapper on your waist that's all you people know how to do best sit and allow your women work themselves out

Presently is yahoo and ritualism....

Don't forget majority of deltans are in edo especially urhobos compare to the population of edo in delta state

Your tribe is for ever cursed, when you are done fighting the ownership of Warri then you can think of coming down to benin to resettle and bow to a king....

When we start, we shall make an end of you all. Obenu belongs to Us, and we'll reclaim all of our glory. We will come as our fathers, make sure to come as yours. All lingering contention(s) will be righteously addressed and reparations duly rendered.
Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2022
Naphtali44:

The oba of bini is your overlord give him is due respect

No urhobo is pure blood they all have a mix of edo blood in them

You can't fight your own family and not consume yourself at the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Warri by Naphtali44(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

The oba of bini is your overlord give him is due respect

No urhobo is pure blood they all have a mix of edo blood in them

You can't fight your own family and not consume yourself at the end

the oba of benin is a fool and a gay, overlord of demented benin urchins. You see how stupid you write, in one statement, you confessed to sacrificing us to demons, in another statement you call us family...how unstable.

1 Like

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2022
Naphtali44:

the oba of benin is a fool and a gay, overlord of demented benin urchins. You see how stupid you write, in one statement, you confessed to sacrificing us to demons, in another statement you call us family...how unstable.

So ogun is a demon you're mad

You and your white man religion are both mad

One of the reason you will remain a slave to the Whiteman just like your ancestors was to the binis
Re: About Warri by Kirigidi(m): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

You just spoke bini in the full etymology you gave

Every word there is a bini word

The Benin migrant population in urhobo land can never be over estimated
In the first place, don't take all what that guy said concerning Urhobo-Benin relationship serious. I'm Urhobo, and I can't deny the close ancestral and linguistic origins which exist among all Edoid people. No doubt Urhobo is Edoid, but that does not mean Urhobo descended from Benin. Rather, Urhobo and Benin and other Edoid groups are like siblings with common ancestors(descendants of the same ancestors). We see Benin as "senior brother" and not as "father". Ancient "Udo" was our common place of origin before the great dispersal, and long before the emergence of the Oba Dynasty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Warri by UGBE634: 7:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
Kirigidi:
In the first place, don't take all what that guy said concerning Urhobo-Benin relationship serious. I'm Urhobo, and I can't deny the close ancestral and linguistic origins which exist among all Edoid people. No doubt Urhobo is Edoid, but that does not mean Urhobo descended from Benin. Rather, Urhobo and Benin and other Edoid groups are like siblings with common ancestors(descendants of the same ancestors). We see Benin as "senior brother" and not as "father". Ancient "Udo" was our common place of origin before the great dispersal, and long before the emergence of the Oba Dynasty.
Ancient Udo is Benin or Edo speaking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Warri by Kirigidi(m): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2022
UGBE634:
Ancient Udo is Benin or Edo speaking
I know, but at the time the Urhobos were there, there was nothing like Benin or Benin Kingdom. What we had was "Aka Kingdom" been ruled by the "Ogisos" with capital in "Udo". The earlier ancestors of the various clans of Urhobo-Isoko lived under Ogiso rule and not under Oba. It was the collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty (around 900AD) that led to the mass exodus of our ancestors out of ancient Udo environs to our present homelands. In other words, many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans had left the Udo region long before the rise of the Oba Dynasty, and subsequent change of name from "Aka" (Kingdom) to "Benin"
(Kingdom) and later "Edo". These explain why much of Urhobo-Isoko folklores and ancient tales are centered around the Ogisos and Udo, and events which took place during those eras.
Re: About Warri by UGBE634: 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
Kirigidi:
I know, but at the time the Urhobos were there, there was nothing like Benin or Benin Kingdom. What we had was "Aka Kingdom" been ruled by the "Ogisos" with capital in "Udo". The earlier ancestors of the various clans of Urhobo-Isoko lived under Ogiso rule and not under Oba. It was the collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty (around 900AD) that led to the mass exodus of our ancestors out of ancient Udo environs to our present homelands. In other words, many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans had left the Udo region long before the rise of the Oba Dynasty, and subsequent change of name from "Aka" (Kingdom) to "Benin"
(Kingdom) and later "Edo". These explain why much of Urhobo-Isoko folklores and ancient tales are centered around the Ogisos and Udo, and events which took place during those eras.
What I am trying to say is that the fact that there is a new sheriff in town did not really alter the language spoken or there was no extermination of the natives,(some of your kind migrated out,some stayed back )the people called Benin or Edo today are still the same people that was there, that stayed back, there was at most a change of name. According to the popular account, that the Oba migrated down here, himself and his retinue that came into town, would not have been more than 5-7 of the population. So they were submerged. politically, there was a difference, but at least it is the same people and language that has been there, majority of them.

The Bini and the Urhobo might have been one language a thousand years ago what would have caused the changes was that they were among the earliest Edoid group to migrate so they've evolved over the years into a distinct group reflecting features from neighbouring languages around her

2 Likes

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 3:29am On Dec 17, 2022
Kirigidi:

Benin is a father to you urhobos and not a sibling

Therre was an ancient posted recently on nairaland which entails that the original asabans were bins before the igbo migrated to meet them

Urhobos is a mix of bini migrant and the indigenous people thats is a father and a son relationship

Even our closet kins esan is still a father and son relationship

The bini kingdom did not give room for a brother relationship thing you're assuming

Even the esans are not brothers to edos they are sons and we are fathers

Turning the history to mean a brother thing is trying to uphold supiority in the part of urhobo
Which is very untrue

2 Likes

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 3:36am On Dec 17, 2022
UGBE634:
What I am trying to say is that the fact that there is a new sheriff in town did not really alter the language spoken or there was no extermination of the natives,(some of your kind migrated out,some stayed back )the people called Benin or Edo today are still the same people that was there, that stayed back, there was at most a change of name. According to the popular account, that the Oba migrated down here, himself and his retinue that came into town, would not have been more than 5-7 of the population. So they were submerged. politically, there was a difference, but at least it is the same people and language that has been there, majority of them.

The Bini and the Urhobo might have been one language a thousand years ago what would have caused the changes was that they were among the earliest Edoid group to migrate so they've evolved over the years into a distinct group reflecting features from neighbouring languages around her

You completely talk in trash

You still believe our oba came from somewhere other than bini kingdom

This speaks of how little you know about the bini history you keep messing up our effort on bini history with archaic bini knowledge of a fake oduduwa tales made in 1900 to unite yoruba and edo political wise

Pick a bini history book and read atleast visit gregyboy Wall and read

2 Likes

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 4:01am On Dec 17, 2022
Kirigidi:

Oga what are you talking about

Backup your claims with old document

Or else you're speaking in myth

There was never an ogiso dynasty for God sake

Those were made up history in the 1900

You referring to a dynasty that never existed the history you speak of is ill fated

There was nothing like ogiso dynasty my guy

You lots who don't know your history should stop circulating a myth told after 1914 by both the yoruba and bini for political unification purposes

The ogiso myth had to be told so the oba ship which they claim is yoruba would be followed aftermath, that was how the myth was structured to be told for a cultural unification
Purpose
A quick stroll into benin old document writing by European themselves you will see the ogiso dynasty never existed, the oba dynasty is the only dynasty that has been present in benin kingdom since the inception and the bini influence on yorubas brought the name oba to their lexicon and not untill that myth was officiated that the yorubas started seeing the need to use the oba title as a generic name to mean king because the edos had agreed to be their son for political reasons

There was never ogiso why?

Ogiso talks about sky kimgs

Ogie = royalty

Iso = sky

The Benin tradition never believed on sky kings they believe the oba is the ultimate God here on earth who is spirit keeps recarnating in a continuous life circle they believe the other God's like olokun and Co were smaller God's than the oba of bini and they were there to help the oba as a servant when the need be
They belive all spirit settled on earth after life

So now where did the myth come from a sky king when the edo religion never believed in it

The Europeans that brought the idea of a sky God's or kings

The edos thought little or nothing about the sky and the God's who controlled rain and sun were on earth and they were servant of the oba as well

Some group of edo migrated due to war to find the urhobo people and they subdued the urhobo indigenes and they became integrated
Re: About Warri by UGBE634: 4:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Oga what are you talking about

Backup your claims with old document

Or else you're speaking in myth

There was never an ogiso dynasty for God sake

Those were made up history in the 1900

You referring to a dynasty that never existed the history you speak of is ill fated

There was nothing like ogiso dynasty my guy

You lots who don't know your history should stop circulating a myth told after 1914 by both the yoruba and bini for political unification purposes

The ogiso myth had to be told so the oba ship which they claim is yoruba would be followed aftermath, that was how the myth was structured to be told for a cultural unification
Purpose
A quick stroll into benin old document writing by European themselves you will see the ogiso dynasty never existed, the oba dynasty is the only dynasty that has been present in benin kingdom since the inception and the bini influence on yorubas brought the name oba to their lexicon and not untill that myth was officiated that the yorubas started seeing the need to use the oba title as a generic name to mean king because the edos had agreed to be their son for political reasons

There was never ogiso why?

Ogiso talks about sky kimgs

Ogie = royalty

Iso = sky

The Benin tradition never believed on sky kings they believe the oba is the ultimate God here on earth who is spirit keeps recarnating in a continuous life circle they believe the other God's like olokun and Co were smaller God's than the oba of bini and they were there to help the oba as a servant when the need be
They belive all spirit settled on earth after life

So now where did the myth come from a sky king when the edo religion never believed in it

The Europeans that brought the idea of a sky God's or kings

The edos thought little or nothing about the sky and the God's who controlled rain and sun were on earth and they were servant of the oba as well

Some group of edo migrated due to war to find the urhobo people and they subdued the urhobo indigenes and they became integrated
it is there in our oral account there were Ogiso.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 5:05am On Dec 17, 2022
UGBE634:
it is there in our oral account there were Ogiso.

Oga that's why I call you old school
It is written and even taught in school Americans landed on the moon but truth is they never did it was all fake and forged by American government.
Which bini oral history... Oral history circulated in the 1900 by the people who formed the lies

Did you know many of our forefathers in the 190p were not priveledge like us to read for themselves in the
Past to even know what they were told by the palace if it was truth on not
Oga I have read and I have argued the wrong history of benin on this forum like you're doing untill I picked bini books written by Europeans as old 1400 to start doing my research

A quick analysis

How is the bini religion structured.. Ans

If you understand the bini religion system you will easily know ogiso didn't exist at all

Because there was nothing like sky Gods in benin ancient religion

The people who brought that of sky kings are Europeans

Start reading bini old document

You're not too late to start

See ugbe there was nothing that was nothing wriiten and documented about the bini people
By the Europeans

I cannot teach you beyond this I can only serve
As an eye opener is your choice to pick a bini document and start reading

There is only one dynasty in benin which is and was the oba dynasty

One thing you should know the Benin religion system never believed on heavenly idols or beings all their God's and idol they worship was on earth including the oba they pray to
Re: About Warri by UGBE634: 5:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Oga that's why I call you old school
It is written and even taught in school Americans landed on the moon but truth is they never did it was all fake and forged by American government.
Which bini oral history... Oral history circulated in the 1900 by the people who formed the lies

Did you know many of our forefathers in the 190p were not priveledge like us to read for themselves in the
Past to even know what they were told by the palace if it was truth on not
Oga I have read and I have argued the wrong history of benin on this forum like you're doing untill I picked bini books written by Europeans as old 1400 to start doing my research

A quick analysis

How is the bini religion structured.. Ans

If you understand the bini religion system you will easily know ogiso didn't exist at all

Because there was nothing like sky Gods in benin ancient religion

The people who brought that of sky kings are Europeans

Start reading bini old document

You're not too late to start

See ugbe there was nothing that was nothing wriiten and documented about the bini people
By the Europeans

I cannot teach you beyond this I can only serve
As an eye opener is your choice to pick a bini document and start reading

There is only one dynasty in benin which is and was the oba dynasty

One thing you should know the Benin religion system never believed on heavenly idols or beings all their God's and idol they worship was on earth including the oba they pray to
Urhobos has it too, Esan etc,

are you wishing away the story of the Olu awure on Oronmiyan coming to Benin alongside with Oloton and his retinue of people who are the Usen people today, they have it in their history.

Are you wishing away the family salutation of the Usen people who migrated from Ife and today they greet Delauhe. They know where their Uhe is, it is Ife. This Usen story and their family salutation supports the fact that the Oba, the family of Oloton, and people of Usen themselves migrated from Ife. Are you wishing it away.

What about the Evian and Ogie-amien family who were admistrators, who are regarded as the last Ogisos in Benin. I would seem to hold on to this account for now.

The old document did not really talk about where the Oba migrated from. I will hold on to this account for now until further notice there are overwhelming evidences to support this, I don't like to delude myself. Thebadpolitician

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2022
UGBE634:
Urhobos has it too, Esan etc,

are you wishing away the story of the Olu awure on Oronmiyan coming to Benin alongside with Oloton and his retinue of people who are the Usen people today, they have it in their history.

Are you wishing away the family salutation of the Usen people who migrated from Ife and today they greet Delauhe. They know where their Uhe is, it is Ife. This Usen story and their family salutation supports the fact that the Oba, the family of Oloton, and people of Usen themselves migrated from Ife. Are you wishing it away.

What about the Evian and Ogie-amien family who were admistrators, who are regarded as the last Ogisos in Benin. I would seem to hold on to this account for now.

The old document did not really talk about where the Oba migrated from. I will hold on to this account for now until further notice there are overwhelming evidences to support this, I don't like to delude myself. Thebadpolitician

Lol, must the oba migrate are so obsessed with this oba migration of a thing ask yourself how many history have you heard where their kings migrated from a particular place, so oba of benin cannot be from bini without migrating from anywhere

All this are just a twist to make the false story look real talking about usen and uhe

After the bini people left the western region with anger, it was now a battle of historical supiority and tribal bashing

Oba eweka11 was the one who made the political treaty between the yoruba people and edo people for a political unification and he agreed he was a son of oduduwa
After his death his son akenzua ascended the throne he wasn't pleased the way the yoruba in the western region treated we edos, and he sort to pull out from the region, when he succeeded he then started his own version of oduduwa coming from benin to spite the yorubas who were oppressing them in the western region
And till date instead instead of the palace withdrawing from the false history they continued for the purpose of tribal bashing
Now the present oba has taking a further step to make history more real for further tribal bashing by creating an event called "ugie oduduwa" something that was never celebrated before, this are just further plot to make the bini side of the false history look real
The yorubas on their own side created a shrine called "orun oba ado" few years ago too to support their claims

To confuse people like ugbe who wouldnt read

Are you saying because the urhobo, esan and the rest Nigeria have it in their history that they witnessed the ogiso Era so there could be a truth in it, listening to yourself na

It's not just urhobo and esan that have it in the history of such false witness the rest Nigeria do too, because they can easily get the information from the net and apply it to their history there is nothing special in that my friend even the ijaws use the narrative too
People who don't know their history to start with would use the ogiso false history to spite edo like what the ijaw are still doing

Ekaladeran history actually did exist but it was later twisted for the tribal bashing Ekaladeran history had nothing to do with the yorubas just the Benin only

Uhe was the village ekaladeran went to to seek for refuge when he left is fathers palace to be assainated the village later became what is now called ughoton
Now ekaladeran was an enogie son not necessarily an oba son

The usen people claiming uhe today are just trying to twist the narrative with what the palace wants to make the naarstive on the bini side look real, because they are ones who are bilingual between yoruba and edo

It is simple why are the usen people bilingual geographically they are in the border between an edo town and a yoruba settlement

So it not necessarily because they migrated from ife, if you leave on the border between two tribe or two nations you all will definitely be bilingual in nature
Re: About Warri by OKAIDUN: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Lol, must the oba migrate are so obsessed with this oba migration of a thing ask yourself how many history have you heard where their kings migrated from a particular place, so oba of benin cannot be from bini without migrating from anywhere

All this are just a twist to make the false story look real talking about usen and uhe

After the bini people left the western region with anger, it was now a battle of historical supiority and tribal bashing

Oba eweka11 was the one who made the political treaty between the yoruba people and edo people for a political unification and he agreed he was a son of oduduwa
After his death his son akenzua ascended the throne he wasn't pleased the way the yoruba in the western region treated we edos, and he sort to pull out from the region, when he succeeded he then started his own version of oduduwa coming from benin to spite the yorubas who were oppressing them in the western region
And till date instead instead of the palace withdrawing from the false history they continued for the purpose of tribal bashing
Now the present oba has taking a further step to make history more real for further tribal bashing by creating an event called "ugie oduduwa" something that was never celebrated before, this are just further plot to make the bini side of the false history look real
The yorubas on their own side created a shrine called "orun oba ado" few years ago too to support their claims

To confuse people like ugbe who wouldnt read

Are you saying because the urhobo, esan and the rest Nigeria have it in their history that they witnessed the ogiso Era so there could be a truth in it, listening to yourself na

It's not just urhobo and esan that have it in the history of such false witness the rest Nigeria do too, because they can easily get the information from the net and apply it to their history there is nothing special in that my friend even the ijaws use the narrative too
People who don't know their history to start with would use the ogiso false history to spite edo like what the ijaw are still doing

Ekaladeran history actually did exist but it was later twisted for the tribal bashing Ekaladeran history had nothing to do with the yorubas just the Benin only

Uhe was the village ekaladeran went to to seek for refuge when he left is fathers palace to be assainated the village later became what is now called ughoton
Now ekaladeran was an enogie son not necessarily an oba son

The usen people claiming uhe today are just trying to twist the narrative with what the palace wants to make the naarstive on the bini side look real, because they are ones who are bilingual between yoruba and edo

It is simple why are the usen people bilingual geographically they are in the border between an edo town and a yoruba settlement

So it not necessarily because they migrated from ife, if you leave on the border between two tribe or two nations you all will definitely be bilingual in nature
This is Ugbe,I was banned in my other account, Auchi graduate is telling a Uniben graduate that he does not read. you that attended Auchi, I should not have replied you in the first place, we are not mate.

The Usen people also invented their family salutation right, "Delauhe" or they also got it from associating with other Edo groups around.You don't have a mind of your own, you are tossed to and fro like the wind.

1 Like

Re: About Warri by Thebadpolitican(m): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2022
OKAIDUN:
This is Ugbe,I was banned in my other account, Auchi graduate is telling a Uniben graduate that he does not read. you that attended Auchi, I should not have replied you in the first place, we are not mate.

The Usen people also invented their family salutation right, "Delauhe" or they also got it from associating with other Edo groups around.You don't have a mind of your own, you are tossed to and fro like the wind.

Lol, am a uniben student myself and a graduate my friend you don't read that is the fact don't

Daluhe does not mean anything

Benin greet is a family name not a name of a location or village

I am from uselu and we greet Lani

And not Laniuselu.....

Nobody greet the name of the village in benin
Apart from the said usen people who are trying to twist their greeting to support the ife claims for the palace

Same way they twisted the meaning of ogiemen( Duke of the sea) to ogiemien( we know only the oba and not nothing else)

If you dey uniben make we meet I leave around there you need much schooling

Apart from usen which other benin people greet the name of their village?
Re: About Warri by OKAIDUN: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

Lol, am a uniben student myself and a graduate my friend you don't read that is the fact don't

Daluhe does not mean anything

Benin greet is a family name not a name of a location or village

I am from uselu and we greet Lani

And not Laniuselu.....

Nobody greet the name of the village in benin
Apart from the said usen people who are trying to twist their greeting to support the ife claims for the palace

Same way they twisted the meaning of ogiemen( Duke of the sea) to ogiemien( we know only the oba and not nothing else)

If you dey uniben make we meet I leave around there you need much schooling

Apart from usen which other benin people greet the name of their village?
You cannot be a Uniben student and a graduate at the same time, you already expose your folly, you are gregyboy the Auchi student or graduate,you write like him, and worse still you directed me to your deadpost. Of all Binis here, gregyboy.

Delauhe means everything idiot, timestamp 09:57 -10-30, the Esogban made it clear where he came from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQZl-yyNqE

Some communities are homogeneous, and tend to greet alike. Usen is a family on its own, it is a small community, home and abroad should be about 60- 70 thousand, lesser than some families in Benin. The fact that they migrated together did not tell your 0 byte brain that they are a family

The people of Ehor aside their king also greet Alike. They greet Delaeho to show their homogeinity as a family. The people of Ehor also greet to show their village
time stamp 9:45 to 9:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBY3QxokR0

I graduated before you were born, we are not mate, I meant it literally and otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: About Warri by samuk: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2022
OKAIDUN:
You cannot be a Uniben student and a graduate at the same time, you already expose your folly, you are gregyboy the Auchi student or graduate,you write like him, and worse still you directed me to your deadpost. Of all Binis here, gregyboy.

Delauhe means everything idiot, timestamp 09:57 -10-30, the Esogban made it clear where he came from

Some communities are homogeneous, and tend to greet alike. Usen is a family on its own, it is a small community, home and abroad should be about 60- 70 thousand, lesser than some families in Benin. The fact that they migrated together did not tell your 0 byte brain that they are a family

The people of Ehor aside their king also greet Alike. They greet Delaeho to show their homogeinity as a family. The people of Ehor also greet to show their village

I graduated before you were born, we are not mate, I meant it literally and otherwise.

I can see you are really having a tough time with the Thebadpolitician grin grin

The truth is you are one of the very few Benin people on this forum that still believe that the Oba migrated from somewhere. Most of us on this forum have gone beyond this, we are now trying to sort out the confusion that came into Benin history after 1897. There is nothing presented so far to support the oba coming from Ife. Ife doesn't necessarily mean Uhe.

I recently saw the video where Imaseun Izoduwa disagreed with the Esogban on the Ife story, mind you Izoduwa is also very close to foremost Benin historians and palace chiefs.

Anyone that will be taken seriously on Benin history will have to produce documents on Benin history dating from 1896 and backward to the 1400s to back up what they are saying.

It should worry you that Benin history from 1400s to late 1800s, a period of over 400 hundred years doesn't mention Ife. The Catholic Church actually had a mission and resident missionaries in Benin city that documented various aspects of Benin history. These missionaries were in Benin city for years. The Catholic Church have huge archive spanning centuries on Benin history.

The Italian ambassador informed governor Obaseki on 5th December 2022 that they will be celebrating the 200 years anniversary, next year of an Italian archaeologists that worked and died in Benin city on December 5th 1823, he was buried in Ughoton. None of these guys wrote about Benin/Ife relationship.

3 Likes

Re: About Warri by gregyboy(m): 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2022
OKAIDUN:

Yea I am gregyboy and I will begin to reply you with my official account

Without diving deep

I would assume what you're saying or giving as an evidence to oduduwa existence is true and truly oduduwa came into benin through usen let's assume that we are agreeing to that

The above screenhot shows the usen greeting as Delaihe and not what you presume as deluhe, another example of falsely twisting history to suite tribal glorious narrative

The usen are agreeing that they were the ones
That brought about the second dynasty
Which they are simplying doing to spite the oba of benin for encroaching their lands and selling it off to buyers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfCwAlFH-8
Here is an usen man abusing the oba of benin

Everybody who wants to spite the oba of benin
Would always quote such unfound history to tackle his illegitimacy on the throne

I still don't believe the connection you're trying to draw with the usen origin, if truly the second dynasty came through the usen people there would have been a notable focal point or even be made the capital of benin city

Throughout the bini history both in ancient written document, usen as a place in benin holds no historical fit or acknowledgement but places like udo, uselu, ughoton holds great fit in benin history

This gives another difficulty to believe the second dynasty emerged from the usen people that is if it even existed
Re: About Warri by gregyboy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
samuk:

I can see you are really having a tough time with the Thebadpolitician grin grin

The truth is you are the very few on this forum that still believe that the Oba migrated from somewhere. Most of us on this forum have gone beyond this, we are now trying to sort out the confusion that came into Benin history after 1897. There is nothing presented so far to support the oba coming from Ife. Ife doesn't necessarily mean Uhe.

I recently saw the video where Imaseun Izoduwa disgraced with the Esogban on the Ife story, mind you Izoduwa is also very close to foremost Benin historians and palace chiefs.

Anyone that will be taken seriously on Benin history will have to produce documents on Benin history dating from 1896 and backward to the 1400s to back up what they are saying.

It should worry you that Benin history from 1400s to late 1800s, a period of over 400 hundred years doesn't mention Ife. The Catholic Church actually had a mission and resident missionaries on Benin city that documented various aspects of Benin history.

Make e dey play, I believe he is an usen man
Re: About Warri by gregyboy(m): 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2022
samuk:

The truth is you are the very few on this forum that still believe that the Oba migrated from somewhere. Most of us on this forum have gone beyond this, we are now trying to sort out the confusion that came into Benin history after 1897. There is nothing presented so far to support the oba coming from Ife. Ife doesn't necessarily mean Uhe.

I recently saw the video where Imaseun Izoduwa disgraced with the Esogban on the Ife story, mind you Izoduwa is also very close to foremost Benin historians and palace chiefs.

It should worry you that Benin history from 1400s to late 1800s, a period of over 400 hundred years doesn't mention Ife. The Catholic Church actually had a mission and resident missionaries on Benin city that documented various aspects of Benin history.

Even the popular tao11 has seen the light on the false history
Re: About Warri by samuk: 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2022
gregyboy:

Even the popular tao11 has seen the light on the false history

Not just TAO11, I think many people have seen that the Benin/Ife story doesn't hold water.

Oduduwa himself didn't exist in early Yoruba history as a person. How can someone that didn't exist as a human being in early Yoruba history be their father and ancestor of oba of benin.
Re: About Warri by gregyboy(m): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
samuk:

Not just TAO11, I think many people have seen that the Benin/Ife story doesn't hold water.

Oduduwa himself didn't exist in early Yoruba history as a person. How can someone that didn't exist as a human being in early Yoruba history be their father and ancestor of oba of benin.

Its only ugbe that refuse to accept the truth I guess he has something to benefit from it which he has refused to say I am thinking he is usen, to show how we have done justice to the fables of the ife and benin tales people in nairaland don't create topic about it anymore

I saw your post on the edo remittance to Nigeria it pained me I missed it, I was quite busy yesterday our edo brothers are not playing oversea

I hope one day Nigeria become a better place and so they can all come home with their knowledge to build the once mighty empire to his glory

Edo to the world, the only minority in Nigeria that looks like a mjour tribe

1 Like

Re: About Warri by samuk: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2022
gregyboy:

Its only ugbe that refuse to accept the truth I guess he has something to benefit from it which he has refused to say I am thinking he is usen, to show how we have done justice to the fables of the ife and benin tales people in nairaland don't create topic about it anymore

I saw your post on the edo remittance to Nigeria it pained me I missed it, I was quite busy yesterday our edo brothers are not playing oversea

I hope one day Nigeria become a better place and so they can all come home with their knowledge to build the once mighty empire to his glory

Edo to the world, the only minority in Nigeria that looks like a mjour tribe

Yes Edo is going to be great again. Final plans on the cultural district was submitted to governor Obaseki today, the German government is sending a 40 man delegation to Benin city next week. The diaspora in already playing a great role and more to come.

Ugbe is from Ugo not Usen. Ugo, Isi, Urhonigbe etc in Orhionwon all have more prominent contributions to Benin history and traditions compared to Usen. Ugbe is a nice guy, do not forget some of us once believed the Benin/Ife connection.

I have said it before that if anyone produces a concrete evidence to back up Benin/Ife relationship, I will reconsider my position, but as it stands, there is no good historical evidence in Benin history and traditions to support it.

1 Like

Re: About Warri by gregyboy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
samuk:

Yes Edo is going to be great again. Final plans on the cultural district was submitted to governor Obaseki today, the German government is sending a 40 man delegation to Benin city next week. The diaspora in already playing a great role and more to come.

Ugbe is from Ugo not Usen. Ugo, Isi, Urhonigbe etc in Orhionwon all have more prominent contributions to Benin history and traditions compared to Usen. Ugbe is a nice guy, do not forget some of us once believe the Benin/Ife connection.

That's is true, but people should stop using the false history to judge the oba illegitmacy

And the oba on his part should make polices to unite edo people instead of upsetting the edo people with his actions

I really don't know the issue the oba have with the usen people but that man was extremely bitter towards it
Re: About Warri by samuk: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
gregyboy:

That's is true, but people should stop using the false history to judge the oba illegitmacy

And the oba on his part should make polices to unite edo people instead of upsetting the edo people with his actions

I really don't know the issue the oba have with the usen people but that man was extremely bitter towards it

Elawure of Usen wants to be independent of Oba of Benin, unfortunately, he is in Edo south, same with Ijaw people in gelegele that want an independent ijaw king in Edo south.
Re: About Warri by gregyboy(m): 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2022
samuk:

Elawure of Usen wants to be independent of Oba of Benin, unfortunately, he is in Edo south, same with Ijaw people in gelegele that want an independent ijaw king in Edo south.

Now I get, for what they will be crushed

They are edo and they will bow to the law

Iyan mwenmwen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Community In Nnewi Celebrating their carnival(video) / Incredibly Realistic Paintings Explore The Art Of Yoruba Tribal Marks / Is This Dress Appropriate For An Edo Beni Wedding Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.