Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,690 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara (748 Views)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara CAN Releases 1974 Agreement With Govt(photo) / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
The Hijab crisis is simply a legal dispute over property rights and religious freedom. Does the school have the right to dictate dress code for students. The answer depends on if the school is private or public. The other matter at hand is what agreement between the state and school regarding administrative duties. The issue simply gets muddy because of the emotional reactions by the religious.

Option 1. Oyun Baptist High School rejects any state funding along with conditions attached with the funds. Ban the hijab and ask students who won't want to obey the rule to transfer.

Option 2. If Oyun Baptist High School thinks the state is infringeding on their agreement and religious freedom they should go to court. The court has to figure out which party is in charge of administrative duties.

Option 3. Allow students to wear hijab and move on. Assuming the school is state owned like Kwara state claims they have to. State school follow state laws and regulations.

“The Kwara State Government totally condemns the resort to violence in the government-owned Oyun Baptist Secondary School, Ijagbo, on Thursday. This is totally unacceptable.

“The Kwara State Government unreservedly condemns the flagrant act of discrimination against anyone, especially children, on religious grounds. Such discrimination will not be tolerated in any public-owned institution in the state.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/03/kwara-government-shuts-baptist-high-school-over-hijab-crisis

Ajayi, who said that CAN had an MoU with the state government since June 2021 on the resolution of the hijab crisis which had not been implemented by the government, however, said, “It has been said times without number that we cannot and will not allow the use of the hijab in our missionary schools.

“The schools were not taken over by the state government in 1974. There was an agreement between the government and the school proprietors. Each has their own part to play in the running of the schools.”

https://punchng.com/hijab-crisis-kwara-muslim-christian-groups-disagree-over-peace-move/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1644050197

Front page: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Scientists(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
I remember Aishat back then i was in Secondary school. I will shift both pant and hijab throway one side and run my shit behind nursery school department of my school

1 Like

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 10:54pm On Feb 05, 2022
Trash

Muslims get islamiyah schools funded by government

Chriatians don't cry to force themselves there

Muslims are inconsiderate Terrorists

6 Likes

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 10:55pm On Feb 05, 2022
Would you die if you don't attend Christian schools

Is it oxygen to moonslimes

4 Likes

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Bastardlyrich: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Is very simple Yoruba Muslims should stop attending Yoruba Christians school.
Yoruba traditionalist can attend Yoruba Muslims or Yoruba Christian school.
God bless all my Yoruba Christian friendss.i love you all.
One just showed me love these night,that's how it's supposed to be.
We are Africans first before tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
Blue3k:

Option 1. Oyun Baptist High School rejects any state funding along with conditions attached with the funds. Ban the hijab and ask students who won't want to obey the rule to transfer.

Option one is the best in my opinion stay private and reject their rules. Everyone understands who ever pays the piper calls the tune at the end of the day. This funding is a coercive influence they have the option of doing away with but it seems they desire the money over their autonomy.

1 Like

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Horus(m): 11:03pm On Feb 05, 2022
Religious symbols of all religions should be banned in public places
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Trash

Muslims get islamiyah schools funded by government

Chriatians don't cry to force themselves there

Muslims are inconsiderate Terrorists

Lol why do you want government in your life so bad? Does it make sense government funds religious schools in secular state? Do you also agree with state-sponsored pilgrimages to Mecca and Israel? Do you also agree with state-sponsored pilgrimages to Mecca and Israel? You Nigerians are werid.

Kwara is dumb for not just threatening to cut off funding. It's the easiest way to twist arms. People don't seem to understand money can buy influence.

Horus:
Religious symbols of all religions should be banned in public places

A little bit off topic but sure. The atheist society of Nigeria's law suit against Akwa Ibom could potentially do that. They're sueing them over the church they're constructing saying secular states shouldn't be allowed to do that under the law. If they lose here it might ripple effect all over the society. Sadly the case seems to be stalled.

1 Like

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2022
[s]
Blue3k:

Lol why do you want government in your life so bad? Does it make sense government funds religious schools in secular state? Do you also agree with state-sponsored pilgrimages to Mecca and Israel? Do you also agree with state-sponsored pilgrimages to Mecca and Israel? You Nigerians are werid.

Kwara is dumb for not just threatening to cut off funding. It's the easiest way to twist arms. People don't seem to understand money can buy influence.

A little bit off topic but sure. The atheist society of Nigeria's law suit against Akwa Ibom could potentially do that. They're sueing them over the church they're constructing saying secular states shouldn't be allowed to do that under the law. If they lose here it might ripple effect all over the society. Sadly the case seems to be stalled.

[/s]trash

Islambad schools are funded by the government too so why shifting goal post

Without the Christian missionary schools education is dead in Nigeria

Kwara government is the one obsessed with missionary school, they object to government interference and funding for ages

What have islambad schools given society except how to copple bombs

1 Like

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truthisunique3:
[s][/s]trash

Islambad schools are funded by the government too so why shifting goal post

Without the Christian missionary schools education is dead in Nigeria

What have islambad schools given society except how to couple bombs

Lol I didn't shift the goal post clown. I said it's not right for secular government to fund religious schools. Rejecting funds would free the school from the states demands. Again why do you want money over autonomy? Is the government cheese that sweet?

1 Like

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 11:32pm On Feb 05, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol I didn't shift the goal post clown. I said it's not right for secular government to fund religious schools. Rejecting funds would free the school from the states demands. Again why do you want money over autonomy? Is the government cheese that sweet?
knuckle head missionaries schools have been rejecting government funding for ages if it means controlling the schools

The schools are well able to maintain themselves which is why the are the best Nationwide

So ask your why government it's obsession with missionary schools which by the way are attended by their own natives who they owe a mandate to support their educational need without compromising their faith values
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Omoodua007: 11:34pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truthisunique3:
knuckle head missionaries schools have been rejecting government funding for ages if it means controlling the schools

The schools are well able to maintain themselves which is why the are the best Nationwide

So ask your why government it's obsession with missionary schools which by the way are attended by their own natives who they owe a mandate to support their educational need without compromising their faith values

They can’t afford to build Muslim schools so best is to use government to seize Christain schools then convert it to gment so poor Muslims can’ take their kids to school and “catch up” with Christians who control the economy of Nigeria
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truthisunique3:

Clown if that's the case the school should simply reject the money like the other missionary schools did just like I suggested in option 1. The rest of your paragraph is pointless ramblings. Its already established the school takes state government money. Voiding the agreement is the best option in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2022
Blue3k:

Clown if that's the case the school should simply reject the money like the other missionary schools did just like I suggested in option 1. The rest of your paragraph is pointless ramblings. Its already established the school takes state government money. Voiding the agreement is the best option in my opinion.
your stupidity is legendary

Have Muslim schools asked for refund of government money even when they dictate to government how to run their school free from non Muslims?

If you don't answer this may you die a sorrowful death
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2022
Omoodua007:

They can’t afford to build Muslim schools so best is to use government to seize Christain schools then convert it to gment so poor Muslims can’ take their kids to school and “catch up” with Christians who control the economy of Nigeria
There is more than the curriculum that is helping Christian children

They would never catch up just like they build all the nicest schools with FG funds for almajiri Muslims and they never catch up

The values of christianity is what they can never have, Islam forces you to be narrow minded
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2022
Truthisunique3:

Have Muslim schools asked for refund of government money even when they dictate to government how to run their school free from non Muslims?

Lol clown are you going to make my sorrowful death happen or pray to your imaginary friend to do it? I dont do respond to empty threats just ask your questions without acting like a mumu.

2 Likes

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Truthisunique3: 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol clown are you going to make my sorrowful death happen or pray to your imaginary friend to do it? I dont do respond to empty threats just ask your questions without acting like a mumu.
Some one as shallow as you are is already dieing sorrowfully

Infact I would add to your pains by not quoting you henceforth because it's obvious I am keeping your boring life company that's why you created a thread to ease your mental crisis almost midnight
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 12:00am On Feb 06, 2022
Truthisunique3:
Some one as shallow as you are is already dieing sorrowfully

Infact I would add to your pains by not quoting you henceforth because it's obvious I am keeping your boring life company that's why you created a thread to ease your mental crisis almost midnight

Lol just like I thought you're a powerlees clown and with an imaginary friend. You were talking like you're light yagami with the death note. Ok don't comment or make anymore mumu threats if you or your imaginary friend can't back it up.

Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 5:38am On Feb 06, 2022
helinues:

Rule 2

Don't cry to the mods over some weird pussy. The idiot didn't know what to do when his empty threats were challenged. Its always better to mock these clowns.
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Omoodua007: 7:52am On Feb 06, 2022
Truthisunique3:
There is more than the curriculum that is helping Christian children

They would never catch up just like they build all the nicest schools with FG funds for almajiri Muslims and they never catch up

The values of christianity is what they can never have, Islam forces you to be narrow minded

I agree no matter how much they try
Christianity remains the leading religion in the west
Some jealous Muslims might want to use political power to seize Christian assets (Muslims are only nice when they are minority)
Christianity ( the very religion that build Yoruba land into current state of prosperity) will never be collapsed.
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Omoodua007: 7:54am On Feb 06, 2022
Truthisunique3:

Muslims only build Arabic centre that has 0 values hence even if government seized the school no one gives 2 cents about Arab & their desert courses.
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by system21: 8:22am On Feb 06, 2022
I have never see Christian attend Muslim schools even though it's 100% government funded, why are Muslim so much obsessed with Christian schools. If you can not keep the rules why not move to your Arabic schools?
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 9:14am On Feb 06, 2022
3Ceagle:
There are points the proprietors of these Christians schools are mentioning which everyone seem to glide over, which is agreement between original owners of schools and government in 1974.
1. What are these agreements?
2. To what extent has it been executed?
3. Are there infringements to these agreements?
4. Does giving aide to missionary schools grant ownership to government?
5. Are there reasons why the names of these schools hasn't changed?
6. Is hijab an infringement to these agreements?

The solution to the perennial clashes in missionery schools in Ilorin is with the state government, simply implement the agreements in full or return the schools to the original owners, afterall to what extent has government control maintained the original standards set by those schools.

Proudly Mount Carmel College Ilorin

Wow finally someone with sense. I really wonder why these parties are scared to go to court or simply rip up the agreement. The agreement isn't a sacred document that can't be voided if need be. Personally I dont believe the state is telling the truth about owning the schools. If they did own then there's no need to negotiate rules like uniforms in an institution the state owns.
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 6:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
Bump
Re: How To Solve The Hijab Crisis In Kwara by Blue3k(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
New update: the Supreme Court ruled Hijab ate allowed in all public schools. The question now remains is Oyun Baptist High School a public school. If it is "crisis over" under option 3. If its is private they can make the uniforms as they please but the state always has the option of pulling funding.

(1) (Reply)

One Of Africa Finest Minds Is Being Swon In As 6th Executive Governor Of Anambra / VIDEO: Drama As Buhari's Doorman Served By Another Doorman / Just In.... APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.