Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell (34048 Views)

How Pastors Lead Their Children To Hell / Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell? / All Haters Should Proceed To Hell - PA To Pastor David Ibiyieome Address Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by EmmaLege: 10:19am On Feb 06, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Nairaland247(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2022
You're excellent at writing I swear...
hopefulLandlord:
Christians and their fear fuelled hell preaching again?

Hell always sounded like a cynical marketing ploy designed to make people afraid to leave or displease the particular sect. And it seemed to really kill empathy - 'god says they burn, they burn' doesn't make me think of someone being full of love and compassion and all that.

Eternal punishment for finite transgressions always seemed abusive to me. How can someone look at the idea of a being who would condemn people to that and call it love?

Even when I was a Christian Hell was just too weird for me to accept. Infinite punishment for finite offenses is an eye for an eye on steroids. Punishing people for disobeying nit-picky rules makes God an abusive parent. One reason often given for punishment is to teach the offender not to offend again, but if punishment is eternal then how can the offender benefit from this teaching? Jesus is supposed to be into forgiveness but forgiveness shouldn't involve eternal suffering. Hell isn’t redemptive, it isn’t leading to repentance, it’s simply pain for pain’s sake.

I love this quote: “Heaven and hell seem out of proportion to me: the actions of men do not deserve so much.”

and of course I get the rationalisation of hell by Christians saying its moral accountability and saying bad people go to hell;
that's nonsense and they know it!!!

If Yahweh is real and omniscient, that means he already decided that we're going to hell before he even created us. But if this omniscient deity allows for deathbed conversions, then it doesn't matter what kind of life you lead. You could be a brutal dictator who massacred tens of millions of people, yet still get into heaven if you tell Jesus you're sorry. Your victims could all go to hell for eternity if they never repented. That's how bleeped up Christian morality is.

Maybe Christians can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the Christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many Christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But Christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending Christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by abauhere(m): 10:20am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Marriage is a scam.

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open, Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approved evidence of their existence,

Heaven and hellfire doesn't exist, no evidence.

Know this and have peace of mind.

Guy! For having this type of mindset..ya life is on one bar!!
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Bimpe29: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2022
May our marriages lead us to paradise not hellfire Aameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by yusluvad(m): 10:22am On Feb 06, 2022
everythinggirly:
There is nothing wrong with marriage as an institution. Where something is wrong is the couple who chose to be beasts.
Fact!
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by yusluvad(m): 10:23am On Feb 06, 2022
Bimpe29:
May our marriages lead us to paradise not hellfire Aameen.
Amen
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by jrusky(m): 10:26am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

I will continue preaching to the Brainwashed gullible religious faithfools until their eyes open, Jesus Christ, Angels, demons, Allah, Satan and God doesn't exist, there's no reliable verifiable potable concretible approved evidence of their existence,

If all mentioned does not exist then surely yourself you are not existing so you too have to convinced me right now you're not a robot claimed to be human.

So pls who the hell are you? Provide evidence of your human existence pls?
Waiting pls......
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Pharmboy24: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

It’s your opinion dude,i guess your brain is too petty to understand the Supernatural being, oh well Enjoy your cup of Ignorance.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Blue86(m): 10:31am On Feb 06, 2022
Marriage is a union.
A union between two people.
So what makes it good is the kind of two people that united.

So the outcome of a what marriage looks like always point to you.
It is a reflection of the kind of people in it.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Blue86(m): 10:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Marriage is a union.
A union between two people.
The outcome of the union is a reflection of the kind of people in it.

So it all points back to you.
You, individual you.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by treatise: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2022
Omooba77:
Marriage is the best institution God has made to enjoy heaven on earth, but the truth is many will miss this heaven because of this.
I have seen many brothers that could not hurt an ant, but Marriage has turned them to beasts, beating and sometimes killing their spouses.

Likewise some gentle as dove sisters have become tigers, destroyers, murderers and haters. Nursing untold fears becoming resentful.

Adultery and adulterous living is now becoming the norm in many marriages.
So many roots of bitterness are growing, many a times leading to divorce and malicious of various forms, especially unforgiveness.
The Apostles too agreed marriage is hard.
So before you marry seek God's face, learn to be tolerant, be forgiving and merciful.
Also be content with your wife or husband, cut off everything that can lead you to Adultery and other sins.

Above All do unto others what you want them do unto you.

Better to remain single than marriage that will lead you to hell.

May the good Lord heal every marriage and cause us to make Heaven....

Marriage is not for everyone ; some go into it even when they're not fit/ready because societal expectations. Though I don't like single parenthood you may explore that option if you're bent on having kids.
if you realize you can't be faithful to each other or submissive to each other. The institution of marriage is Supreme in any generation.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by backtalkG(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

they are values that help keep the society in check
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Hydronium(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2022
Above all, marriage works. And for every dysfunctional union, there are numerous functional marriages. I am a testimony & you can be one too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by jaxxy(m): 10:50am On Feb 06, 2022
U made a very good observation.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Special32: 10:53am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

tell them oo if you ask what are the evidence that they exist there will either tell you personal experience so I should believe because of your personal experience or your pastor's. I keep asking I remember when I was much younger we would hear of alot of super miracles how bat turn to woman monkey turn to man how blind man start to dey see instantly when he came in contact with pastor so many things now dring this era of social media we no dey hear miracles again now na only prosperity them they preach
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Special32: 11:00am On Feb 06, 2022
Pharmboy24:

It’s your opinion dude,i guess your brain is too petty to understand the Supernatural being, oh well Enjoy your cup of Ignorance.
sorry for intruding but are you saying that it your brain that is not petty that understands supernatural beingS I put the S because them no be one according to stories we where told
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Oketwin(m): 11:02am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

only a fool would say there is no God, nor be me talk am oooh na as I take see I say make i tell u

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by naija4life247: 11:04am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

Go tell the next Ogun worshipper you meet, and he will show you what Ogun can do in minutes. Our good LORD may just watch you in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by deebrownneymar: 11:05am On Feb 06, 2022
Omooba77:
Marriage is the best institution God has made to enjoy heaven on earth, but the truth is many will miss this heaven because of this.
I have seen many brothers that could not hurt an ant, but Marriage has turned them to beasts, beating and sometimes killing their spouses.

Likewise some gentle as dove sisters have become tigers, destroyers, murderers and haters. Nursing untold fears becoming resentful.

So many roots of bitterness are growing, many a times leading to divorce and malicious of various forms, especially unforgiveness.
So before you marry seek God's face, learn to be tolerant, be forgiving and merciful.
Also be content with your wife or husband, cut off everything that can lead you to Adultery and other sins.

Very ignorant post. Doesn’t do justice to does who chose to remain unmarried.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Special32: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2022
Oketwin:
only a fool would say there is no God, nor be me talk am oooh na as I take see I say make i tell u
I get energy today so please should we just believe based on the stories we were told or what I don't have issue with believers of religion but whenever I tell them I don't believe in all these things it a fairytale to me their response God have mercy on me and their pity my soul the funniest one I have heard is I will suffer for not believing I keep on saying it until anybody can show me evidence of all these deity existence then I will believe because they are all deities from Christian God to Muslim Allah to the smiling buhdda
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Savedday: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2022
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by OKOATA(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Christians and their fear fuelled hell preaching again?

Hell always sounded like a cynical marketing ploy designed to make people afraid to leave or displease the particular sect. And it seemed to really kill empathy - 'god says they burn, they burn' doesn't make me think of someone being full of love and compassion and all that.

Eternal punishment for finite transgressions always seemed abusive to me. How can someone look at the idea of a being who would condemn people to that and call it love?

Even when I was a Christian Hell was just too weird for me to accept. Infinite punishment for finite offenses is an eye for an eye on steroids. Punishing people for disobeying nit-picky rules makes God an abusive parent. One reason often given for punishment is to teach the offender not to offend again, but if punishment is eternal then how can the offender benefit from this teaching? Jesus is supposed to be into forgiveness but forgiveness shouldn't involve eternal suffering. Hell isn’t redemptive, it isn’t leading to repentance, it’s simply pain for pain’s sake.

I love this quote: “Heaven and hell seem out of proportion to me: the actions of men do not deserve so much.”

and of course I get the rationalisation of hell by Christians saying its moral accountability and saying bad people go to hell;
that's nonsense and they know it!!!

If Yahweh is real and omniscient, that means he already decided that we're going to hell before he even created us. But if this omniscient deity allows for deathbed conversions, then it doesn't matter what kind of life you lead. You could be a brutal dictator who massacred tens of millions of people, yet still get into heaven if you tell Jesus you're sorry. Your victims could all go to hell for eternity if they never repented. That's how bleeped up Christian morality is.

Maybe Christians can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the Christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many Christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But Christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending Christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?
Hell doesn't exist and even if it does for demons wouldn't it be so evil them, why did God create demons for them to burn in hell forever? How much more we humans, God isn't evil and no one will go to Hell not even the demons cos I know what so much pain they would feel everlastingly.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by uchennaq(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2022
SHALLOW WAY OF THINKING grin grin grin

DOES IT MEAN YOU CAN NOT GO TO YOUR SO-CALLED HELL IF YOU ARE SINGLE? BETTER GO AND GET MARRIED cheesy
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by FuckSilly: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2022
Most marriage problem is usually from wives.

CHEATING usually start from them when they start recommunication with their exes, nagging, disrespecting and not being contented with what they have.

IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO MARRY A WHORĒ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by phemmyfour: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2022
Omooba77:

Stop painting marriage as evil...the problem is lack of maturity not the marriage itself

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by omooba969(m): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2022
Op, you continue to show that you lack knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by cococandy(f): 11:54am On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

If anything, that will cause a lot of people to have less peace of mind. Think about it. Although some people will be “good” regardless of anything, religion and all those similar beliefs are needed for some type of people to keep doing “good”. If they feel like there’s no reward at the end or in the afterlife for them, you have no clue what they are capable of doing.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Omooba77: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2022
phemmyfour:
Stop painting marriage as evil...the problem is lack of maturity not the marriage itself
Never will I do that....
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by phorget(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2022
We are all going to hell if it ever exist...
Our righteousness is like a filthy rag is the sight of the Christian God so why should anyone want to please someone who wouldn't even notice your effort to please him?

Morality is the bane of living.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by OKOATA(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
Special32:
tell them oo if you ask what are the evidence that they exist there will either tell you personal experience so I should believe because of your personal experience or your pastor's. I keep asking I remember when I was much younger we would hear of alot of super miracles how bat turn to woman monkey turn to man how blind man start to dey see instantly when he came in contact with pastor so many things now dring this era of social media we no dey hear miracles again now na only prosperity them they preach
Talking about Hell for me it doesn't exist but for heaven yeah it's possible and I believe it exist, I saw an astronaut video on youtube some few years ago, he was high up in space and was viewing the earth from afar in that video he was showing how the angels were flying across the world in a split second. The background voice was a black American and the voice was saying something like "This is what the American Govt won't want you to see", "This is what Nasa doesn't want you to see" Those angels were flying up and down and they would later fly up into the space like they were going to Heaven. But for someone to say God doesn't exist is nothing but a foolish person, a fool that didn't know how he existed in his mother's womb for 9 months, he was weaned and started to know he's existing on earth maybe around age 4, you got some of your knowledge along the line and you say God doesn't exist, what is God? God is a supernatural being, before an iphone existed it had a maker, before a TV was formed it had a maker, before humans are formed there's a maker, so If a fool who doesn't believe God exist and can't even name all the full organs of his body like he created himself then such a person is a Fool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by LIONSABRE(m): 12:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
Depends on how you can manage marriage.
I think the problem is many are marrying out of lust not love.
Selfish partners who think about themselves alone.
Re: Why Marriage Will Take Many To Hell by Barcaking2: 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
shocked

Marriage is a scam.

Guy, find a place on the muddy road which you currently follow and park. Seriously.

The fact you mentionJ esus Christ as mom existent show how shallow your wrap up delusion mind is

There are countless of archaeological and historical documents proving that your premises are totally twisted.

First , following your hallow thinking,how in 100 years will I know you ever existed .
How is it that I even believe you exist now and not some random artificial keyboard stroke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Take The Gospel Story Quiz To Prove Your Bible Knowledge! / Pastor Kumuyi: "Why We Built A New Deeper Life Bible Church Headquarters" / Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lusts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.