Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria (32417 Views)

Rules For Unmarried Couples Staying In Dubai Hotels / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeri / Do You Ever Think Of Moving Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2011
The OP post is absolute nonsense!! He has lived in UK all is life and now he is seeking advice on moving to Naija on NL  grin Naira to Pounds exchange was 150 when bag of cement was N500, years ago he didn't move to Naija then and na now im wan move, the UK tax regime hasn't changed drastically and standard of living is about the same compare to in Naija where 10 years ago 3 bedroom flat in PH was 60k and today it's 600k,
If the OP hasn't built a mansion in Nigeria when it was easy say 10-20 years ago is it now that things are so expensive? I spent over N1m in Naija for 10 days trip having spent 6 days in the village so OP you are in trouble if you are just waking up to your reality grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2011

You see these are one of the problems i have with many of you nigerians in the uk.You are all puffed up with pride and think you are better than the nigerians living in naija.Listen i reside in the US but the last time i was in nigeria having internet at home is no longer a luxury.With 2500 naira you can connect with MTN at home on your computer system for a month and with Etisalat it is for less.[/b]More nigerians are having internet connection at home and its not only the sole right 4 the super rich nigerians.I know many nigerian university undergraduates who use internet connection in their hostels and some universities in nigeria provide free connectionn for students and staffs residing in their campuses.You igbos and yorubas living in the uk have a big chip on your shoulders even though you all live as second class citizens grin
There are nigerians actually making it in nigeria so whats up with your arrogance? I know many igbos who live very worse off in the uk and [b]when they come home they have nothing to show on their sojourn in the uk
grin

Wow that's like $17 per month - super cheap. Is that unlimited and at what speeds? I assume it's wireless?

On the second part, exactly what are you suggesting that they "show" for their sojourn? Is it any more or less than an equal UK born citizen?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Una don change the topic,  Sound like Tom28 is racist!! You have beef for white people  grin grin Well I share your frustration because it's not their fault, if God has blessed us with human being as rulers we will be seeing queue in our embassies of white people dying to come to Nigeria and enjoy sunshine but wu sai! We are blessed with all the natural resources and Natural disaster as leaders whose job is to tsunami the whole of Africa  grin grin Well e go better,  A rich man in UK is enjoying more than a rich man in Naija and also a poor man in the UK is also enjoying more than a poor man in Naija so Tom 28 where do you stand? Rich or Poor? grin
Not at all i am not a racist.I am saying it the way things are and by the way if you really think that whites love nigerians i suggest to take a peek at what is going on in nigeria.Many white owned companies treat their nigerian staffs like animals and refer to them as monkeys.By the way is this not the same uk i heard that white fans make monkey sounds when blacks are playing football in the football pitch?.Anyway we nigerians are always ready to receive any insult from the white man just to accept their messy pottage grin grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 26, 2011
EuroMeko:

Wow that's like $17 per month - super cheap. Is that unlimited and at what speeds? I assume it's wireless?

On the second part, exactly what are you suggesting that they "show" for their sojourn? Is it any more or less than an equal UK born citizen?
Look if you are white and not a nigerian i suggest you dont post to me or i might insult you ok?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:34am On Jun 26, 2011
You see these are one of the problems i have with many of you nigerians in the uk.You are all puffed up with pride and think you are better than the nigerians living in naija.Listen i reside in the US but the last time i was in nigeria having internet at home is no longer a luxury.With 2500 naira you can connect with MTN at home on your computer system for a month and with Etisalat it is for less.More nigerians are having internet connection at home and its not only the sole right 4 the super rich nigerians.I know many nigerian university undergraduates who use internet connection in their hostels and some universities in nigeria provide free connectionn for students and staffs residing in their campuses.You igbos and yorubas living in the uk have a big chip on your shoulders even though you all live as second class citizens grin
There are nigerians actually making it in nigeria so whats up with your arrogance? I know many igbos who live very worse off in the uk and when they come home they have nothing to show on their sojourn in the uk grin
[quote][/quote]
Tom28 go sleep, I don't hate Nigeria, You probably think I hate Nigeria. I only hate the fact that God has blessed us with all the resources yet we have criminals as leaders or am I lying? Can you tell me any western country with one-tenth our resources that is suffering or in poor state like naija? Not a single one, Well I will rest my case and I wish you the best in Nigeria without future where all your leaders steal our money and bring abroad to countries with future
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by EuroMeko(m): 12:36am On Jun 26, 2011
tom28:

Look if you are white and not a nigerian i suggest you dont post to me or i might insult you ok?

Only you control your actions.

So are you going to answer my genuine questions?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

You see these are one of the problems i have with many of you nigerians in the uk.You are all puffed up with pride and think you are better than the nigerians living in naija.Listen i reside in the US but the last time i was in nigeria having internet at home is no longer a luxury.With 2500 naira you can connect with MTN at home on your computer system for a month and with Etisalat it is for less.More nigerians are having internet connection at home and its not only the sole right 4 the super rich nigerians.I know many nigerian university undergraduates who use internet connection in their hostels and some universities in nigeria provide free connectionn for students and staffs residing in their campuses.You igbos and yorubas living in the uk have a big chip on your shoulders even though you all live as second class citizens grin
There are nigerians actually making it in nigeria so whats up with your arrogance? I know many igbos who live very worse off in the uk and when they come home they have nothing to show on their sojourn in the uk grin

Tom28 go sleep, I don't hate Nigeria, You probably think I hate Nigeria. I only hate the fact that God has blessed us with all the resources yet we have criminals as leaders or am I lying? Can you tell me any western country with one-tenth our resources that is suffering or in poor state like naija? Not a single one, Well I will rest my case and I wish you the best in Nigeria without future where all your leaders steal our money and bring abroad to countries with future
Abeg who really cares if you love or hate Nigeria.You probably a janitor cleaning up the royal toilets and just because you earning some little money you think you living large grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:43am On Jun 26, 2011
tom28:

Not at all i am not a racist.I am saying it the way things are and by the way if you really think that whites love nigerians i suggest to take a peek at what is going on in nigeria.Many white owned companies treat their nigerian staffs like animals and refer to them as monkeys.By the way is this not the same uk i heard that white fans make monkey sounds when blacks are playing football in the football pitch?.Anyway we nigerians are always ready to receive any insult from the white man just to accept their messy pottage grin grin
The word Aboki(Hausa), kobokobo(Igbos), omo nna(Igbos), ofe nmanu(Yorubas) These are derogatory words we use in Nigeria to describe various tribes and let me tell you, there is no White man that can come to Nigeria and abuse nigerians working for him except he has one Nigerian man that is backing him! I worked for 10 years in Nigeria so I know this. Do you know who initiated the hire and fire rule in Nigeria? you are probable a small boy then, If you give black men the benefit the white has today they will turn white people to slaves! I feel more comfortable in any part of Europe than in Northern Nigeria, why? because they will slaughter you and nothing go happen
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:46am On Jun 26, 2011
tom28:

Abeg who really cares if you love or hate Nigeria.You probably a janitor cleaning up the royal toilets and just because you earning some little money you think you living large grin

Janitor wey get internet  grin cheesy Janitor for naija fit afford cable not to talk of screen, see your mouth,  E be like say yabis dey hungry you? I no dey wash my mouth at all so no allow me open am for your face Okobo, Agbe!!!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 26, 2011
EuroMeko:

Ok i just checked your profile and you not white so i am going to answer your questions.Yes the internet connection is not all that superb and truly it ought to be more cheaper than what it is right now but then the nigerian govt dont seem to care about this.Many nigerians in nigeria would love the internet to be much cheaper but it seems this Govt has lost its direction.It would be cool if you guys critisized the Govt but not ordinary nigerians.Its not cool that we nigerians should be fighting amongst ourselves wether we abroad or in nigeria.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:50am On Jun 26, 2011
tom28:

You be real small boy, abeg make I leave you before you go begin call me agbaya! See your picture as you pose like 'Lost But Found' meanwhile check all my posts, I have centred my grievance against the govt. I don't have issues with my brothers and sisters in Nigeria because it's not their fault that all the leaders are members of one secret cult or the other and for us to get a God fearing leader will be in another generation because all our current universities are filled with , vikins, eye, buccaneer and so many others and our streets are filled with Ashewo, armed robbers and children hawking pure water during the day, sleep under bridge at night and get harrased and rape without anyone to help!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

I know dey wash my mouth!
Then go wash am b4 e start to dey smell 4 the room cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 12:59am On Jun 26, 2011
lol See men don wake lol
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:01am On Jun 26, 2011
Nigerians wonder why they dont have good roads, bridges, adequate police protection, etc. why the hell do you think other countries are able to afford this? TAXES.

You think praising Nigeria for barely having taxes is a good thing? That's why you still have people dying from papercuts.

How much is "MOT" over there? Cos it's $38 every year here. Dont know what the problem is. Then again when you are used to breathing fumes in Naija why wouldnt you complain about the govt of other counties finding ways to stop air pollution.

Why cant you just move out of London? Those who live in New York City complain about the same thing and I ask them why dont you move into the suburbs? Wanna be part of the party environment, parties are expensive!

Go back jare.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:02am On Jun 26, 2011
@yoru igbo
I was only joking, when I mentioned Opera mini,but most guys use it on thier mobile fone ie they are always on line there  lol,
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:06am On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

@yoru igbo
I was only joking, when I mentioned Opera mini,but most guys use it on thier mobile fone ie they are always on line there lol,

No yawa, the thing just dey pain me! if I get opportunity f2f with GEJ, the kind beating I go give am honestly im no go survive am. Imagine if Nigeria is like UK what will I be doing here? who amongst you here can tell me that if Nigeria is like UK and UK turn to Nigeria, will you apply for visa to come the UK that is exactly like Naija today? woo sai!!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:07am On Jun 26, 2011
@Euro Meko
the internet is crap, it tkaes ages just to open a simple website that you will be fustrated, have you not noticed that most Nigerians own a yahoo based account  and not a hotmail one?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

No yawa, the thing just dey pain me! if I get opportunity f2f with GEJ, the kind beating I go give am honestly im no go survive am. Imagine if Nigeria is like UK what will I be doing here? who amongst you here can tell me that if Nigeria is like UK and UK turn to Nigeria, will you apply for visa to come the UK that is exactly like Naija today? woo sai!!
My guy na D matter B dat,I don talk am B4, give me 24/7 power, I don park go back 9ja B dat shap shap. lol
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

The word Aboki(Hausa), kobokobo(Igbos), omo nna(Igbos), ofe nmanu(Yorubas) These are derogatory words we use in Nigeria to describe various tribes and let me tell you, there is no White man that can come to Nigeria and abuse nigerians working for him except he has one Nigerian man that is backing him! I worked for 10 years in Nigeria so I know this. Do you know who initiated the hire and fire rule in Nigeria? you are probable a small boy then,  If you give black men the benefit the white has today they will turn white people to slaves! I feel more comfortable in any part of Europe than in Northern Nigeria, why? because they will slaughter you and nothing go happen
Ok nobody has any issue with you feeling safe in your castle in the Uk but why are you making fun of ordinary nigerians?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:15am On Jun 26, 2011
@yoru Igbo
work 10 yrs in 9ja,U try ohh, me I never worked in my lifein 9ja,as soon as school ended I pack my gana must go run come UK lol
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:43am On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

@yoru Igbo
work 10 yrs in 9ja,U try ohh, me I never worked in my lifein 9ja,as soon as school ended I pack my gana must go run come UK lol
I graduated and served in Nigeria and that was late 80s and then things still dey happens, dollar to naira exchange was like 11 naira or less to 1 dollar let someone correct me if I'm wrong, and even TTC graduate then still dey get job but now hahahaha with your first class you will beg to apply in fact in Nigeria people actuall write stuffs like 'I beg you in Jesus Name that if you give me this job I will no dissappoint and may God bless you as you read my CV' Amen  grin grin My brother a country with 93% unemployment kai! wahala dey o
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:46am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

I graduated and served in Nigeria and that was late 80s and then things still dey happens, dollar to naira exchange was like 11 naira or less to 1 dollar let someone correct me if I'm wrong, and even TTC graduate then still dey get job but now hahahaha with your first class you will beg to apply in fact in Nigeria people actuall write stuffs like 'I beg you in Jesus Name that if you give me this job I will no dissappoint and may God bless you as you read my CV' Amen  grin grin My brother a country with 93% unemployment kai! wahala dey o
yes ohh, I see as my parents struggle to train us so I swear say once I graduate,nah Abroas sharp sharp, that was 1999 lol
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:51am On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

yes ohh, I see as my parents struggle to train us so I swear say once I graduate,nah Abroas sharp sharp, that was 1999 lol
My brother no be only you o, can anyone in the UK tune to BBC 2? see wetin dem dey call life, People having fun in Glastonbury show, Like say dat one na Naija, enof police brutality go don dey happen and pick pocket, burst bottle for people head, hustle your woman from you etc Wahala dey o
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 1:57am On Jun 26, 2011
nah there i dey since BBC2 lol,but the potopoto no easy sha lol
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 2:00am On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

nah there i dey since BBC2 lol,but the potopoto no easy sha lol
Potopoto na wetin dem use know the show bro, but e never rain for last 3 days I guess? but not minding the potopoto you see as everyone dey happy? Like say that na Naija people go don dey piss inside nylon bag dey throw other people grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:05am On Jun 26, 2011
lol E rains lastnight so I don get poto poto lol nah true men for deon hi wee even for ground u talk of plastic bag, we 2much 4 dat our 9ja lol, but come to think of it, there is a kind of ease I get wen I go bck to visit each time lol
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 2:16am On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

lol E rains lastnight so I don get poto poto lol nah true men for deon hi wee even for ground u talk of plastic bag, we 2much 4 dat our 9ja lol, but come to think of it, there is a kind of ease I get wen I go bck to visit each time lol

I dey gbadun suya for Aba rd portharcout and the ele dem for naija as long as you get you kudi you go chop yanshi tire, any kind mamacita wey you want dey there for you even if you want 4 some dem brekete grin cheesy grin Naija na no mans land, activity dey there but we all know what the problem is, Poverty and corruption has made the idle mind the devil's workshop
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 9:10am On Jun 26, 2011
My final word to OP till later,

Moving to Nigerian will lead to the following

1. In UK adultery is a bit hard and expensive too and from all indications you can't afford it because you are complaining already  grin there are no charlets or short time hotel even if you find one it's not less than £70
2. UK women won't pphuckyou when they know you are married except you are rich and in the OP's case sorry £50,000 per annum is chicken change compare to what John terry, Rooney and Ryan Giggs earn a week
3. Uk women will slap you in city centre centre if they found out you were married and lied to them
4. UK women will phuck in their houses no wahala

But Naija women,
1. Easy to phuck as long as you go pay money, they are not bothered whether you are married or not and they could be cheap and varies from N500 (£2) (omo Alata) -N25K (£100) Ashie
2. You can take women to your cousin, younger brother, charlet or hotel for cheap e no concern Naija chick so long as you go give her money for her hair and brazilian wig
3 Naija women go alert you make you hide if dem see say your wife dey around but for UK na slap you go chop
4. Finally most Naija chick no get house of their own so una get to dey meet for junction   

So OP madam please watch out moving to Naija means your husband done become polygamous married monogamous man!!!!!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by member479760: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2011
OP, if you never done so, find land buy in average area and build 3 bedroom house in the back, in the front build some classrooms and start teaching the computer courses/programming, there other businesses will fellow and the money will flow. think about you old age. your 401K might bankrupt when you will need it.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by sailor1234: 10:34am On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

My final word to OP till later,

Moving to Nigerian will lead to the following

1. In UK adultery is a bit hard and expensive too and from all indications you can't afford it because you are complaining already  grin there are no charlets or short time hotel even if you find one it's not less than £70
2. UK women won't pphuckyou when they know you are married except you are rich and in the OP's case sorry £50,000 per annum is chicken change compare to what John terry, Rooney and Ryan Giggs earn a week
3. Uk women will slap you in city centre centre if they found out you were married and lied to them
4. UK women will phuck in their houses no wahala

But Naija women,
1. Easy to phuck as long as you go pay money, they are not bothered whether you are married or not and they could be cheap and varies from N500 (£2) (omo Alata) -N25K (£100) Ashie
2. You can take women to your cousin, younger brother, charlet or hotel for cheap e no concern Naija chick so long as you go give her money for her hair and brazilian wig
3 Naija women go alert you make you hide if dem see say your wife dey around but for UK na slap you go chop
4. Finally most Naija chick no get house of their own so una get to dey meet for junction   

So OP madam please watch out moving to Naija means your husband done become polygamous married monogamous man!!!!!

Hilarious  grin grin grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2011
One thing i have noticed especially among the igbos in the uk is that they try to hide their identity.As soon as they notice you are a fellow nigerian they avoid you at all cost.Many of them in London move about claiming their Jamaicans and they try to fake a jamaican accent even though its corrupted by their heavy igbo accent.Many of the igbos are into 419 in the uk and some engage in credit card scams and what have you.You also find igbo men in london who sleep with white men for money and others who form fake religious ministries and rob their congregation blind.This is what they call UK hustle and for you to make it in an expensive city like london then you have to be a hustler.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
tom28:

One thing i have noticed especially among the igbos in the uk is that they try to hide their identity.As soon as they notice you are a fellow nigerian they avoid you at all cost.Many of them in London move about claiming their Jamaicans and they try to fake a jamaican accent even though its corrupted by their heavy igbo accent.Many of the igbos are into 419 in the uk and some engage in credit card scams and what have you.You also find igbo men in london who sleep with white men for money and others who form fake religious ministries and rob their congregation blind.This is what they call UK hustle and for you to make it in an expensive city like london then you have to be a hustler.

Tom28 grin grin You be heavy kolo, In what way did this your comment relate to the topic here grin cheesy Well just for your information, the main 419 boys in London are yoruba boys, the igbos are trainees, The yooba boys call credit card pelebe(flat) and we call the boys (awon olodu) so stop saying what you don't know and face the topic on ground here!!!

Tell me, how will this your comment help OP know if he will move to Naija? grin grin infact you be heavy mara!! No allow me recommend 'sakia' for you o because na there wey people wey dey talk go up when others dey talk go down dey live

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) / Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.