Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria (32418 Views)

Rules For Unmarried Couples Staying In Dubai Hotels / Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeri / Do You Ever Think Of Moving Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
erico2k2:

lol See men don wake lol

Erico2k2, I remember you said Naija people browse from their phones when I posted that Naija people are in bed now so don't expect much posts from Nigeria, abi u no talk so? E be like serve dey down for Naija today o abi dem dey time off because today na sunday? abi their phone no dey work again?
Once again OP if you move to Naija remember internet acceess is slow and is sometimes not reliable or available grin cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by tEsLim(m): 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2011
I posted this earlier and the stupid anti spam bot flagged my post

Well before you move back to Nigeria this are the things I"ll consider you do:

1. Come home often on vacation. First you come maybe spend 30days. Then come with the family to see how they can adapt to the country. DO this routinely till you are comfortable and take time to build more contacts you can kinda trust a little in Nigeria. Stay away from doing business with family and old friends they're worse. No FAMILY BUSINESS. Visit places around the major cities.

2. Becareful about business here. See even if you try form being local; any body can spot a janded person Cheesy , regarldess of how hardcore you are. And stay away from bank investments in Nigeria the stocks are big frauds over-rated stocks. Imagine a bank borrowed my friend to buy into their bank and even when they know that their prices will fall soon. Dont ever do any virtual business in Nigeria. Stay physical buy and sell and do stufs that are liquidation i.e importing fast moving goods. How building property for sale/ rent or use like HOTEL. I stick and believe in real estate. I can sell my sh.it anytime I want and get money back. I've been burnt several times with other investment vehicle. And beware there lots of 419ers even on nairaland :p

3. Note the office and home will run on diesel/petrol daily but petrol is cheaper here than anywhere I know abroad 65 naira per litter. You need to build a house I think its cheaper thats what I did. Buy a land invest a year or two you should be able to build something to your taste that you will be comfortable with. Dont wait till you have $100k at a go. Well sinking a borehole is standard just around 120k is what I paid for mine. A gated secured estate will be good.

4. Be ready to per a lot for rubbish private schools that are just like public school standard abroad for the kids. Well health care isn't bad since you dont pay tax you will use one of the private hospitals. Dont go for big names just make sure they can take care of your health simple. They're like the same and most time what I get is malaria. Stay away from public water and pure water in nylons (I got typoid in a week Sad). Always use the dispenser or be sure of the water

5. Could be very profitable for business but got its own traps. Trust is ZERO even among your staffs, suppliers , mechanic, carpenter everybody just wanna rip each other. But i keep the business liquidation so i can back out , always make sure you have good exit strategy.

When you visit Nigeria more often you might have a clearer picture. But for me I only always come back to Nigeria because I can't leave my kids/family behind. And can't be on a visa to enjoy living abroad. I plan to become a permanent resident/naturalize say in the US/Canada/Australia (I didn't like Europe because of language barrier). After naturalizing then bring my family. We can or I may return when I'm 50+ years thats like in 20 years from now. People look at me and say I'm blessed here in Nigeria (it doesn't end with owning a home, having nice car --- i want comfort! security etc). I've had failed business that I can actually say its due to running them in Nigeria. Imagine how a small business will survive spending minimum of N50k on just fueling generator monthly and dont forget I have generators at home too. But I've seen and traveled a little -- i taught things was ok till i started traveling few years ago. I rather even settle in South Africa than Nigeria was there for the world cup that place is like Europe with Majority black and the gap between poor and rich ain't much and food is cheap those are how I tell if a country is good. Its good to visit Nigeria often to keep contact and keep connected to the country.

I dont see any quick solutions to the problems of Nigeria. We should DIVIDE maybe there will be little progress. People always think they have been bewitched or there is one juju somewhere worrying them. The only juju is the Nigerian government! The politicians. People are reall struggling but damn basic things to make life easy are not there. You pray to God everyday, wrongly. Prayers an eyinbo can't imagine. Like God let their be electricity tomorrow so I can iron my cloths to office damn! The only witchcraft disturbing you is the government. Its not the witch in your village that got you changing shock absorber/engine protector/radiotor its bad road, silly road accidents, silly deaths even at the hospital because no electricity for surgery.

1 Like

Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by MOBO999: 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2011
Well as a Nigerian staying in the UK, I must admit that it is a tough place financially, but to survive in a place like the UK, you need to have a wife or partner, that’s why most of them have partners, so you can share the bill, you can save one of your salary and spend the other persons (wife) salary or you can both make 50% donations of your salary, you also need to reduce your taste, buys a smaller car for cheaper insurance, move to a house within your salary, look for a better job, you can do 2 jobs.

As for Nigeria, it is good to return home, because to start with Nigeria don’t even have an economy, our government for decades don’t even know it left from right, it is also common with most African economies, that’s why our economy is easily exploited by foreigners, but do not compare the UK to Nigeria, as for going to New Zealand, I can tell you it is tough there, even tougher in Australia, the UK like most world leading economy can be survived by been married or having a partner, just like the arranged or economy marriage we have in Abuja.

Looking at the things the UK give you in return, like good roads, security, good education, free medical care, constant power supply, information, easy access to other foreign countries, now unless you are a loser, why Nigeria, re there no other countries you can honestly try to relocate to, think again.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by MOBO999: 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^ Let me add one more, I have been in the UK for 3 years now and have never heard a gun shot, too bad I lost my friend in Benin to cult gun shot just one month ago (May his soul rest in peace), Nigeria is filled up with guns and bullet, becareful before you go back home.
Armed Robbers,
Kidnappers,
Police Crooks,
Customs crook,
Army thieves,
Political Walaha,
Boko Haram bombing,
School strike,
Jamb wahala for the kids,
NYSC killing nation wide,
Yahoo boys everywere,
Bank folding up,
The list can go on and on.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2011
MOBO999:

Well as a Nigerian staying in the UK, I must admit that it is a tough place financially, but to survive in a place like the UK, you need to have a wife or partner, that’s why most of them have partners, so you can share the bill, you can save one of your salary and spend the other persons (wife) salary or you can both make 50% donations of your salary, you also need to reduce your taste, buys a smaller car for cheaper insurance, move to a house within your salary, look for a better job, you can do 2 jobs.

As for Nigeria, it is good to return home, because to start with Nigeria don’t even have an economy, our government for decades don’t even know it left from right, it is also common with most African economies, that’s why our economy is easily exploited by foreigners, but do not compare the UK to Nigeria, as for going to New Zealand, I can tell you it is tough there, even tougher in Australia, the UK like most world leading economy can be survived by been married or having a partner, just like the arranged or economy marriage we have in Abuja.

Looking at the things the UK give you in return, like good roads, security, good education, free medical care, constant power supply, information, easy access to other foreign countries, now unless you are a loser, why Nigeria, re there no other countries you can honestly try to relocate to, think again.

You are very good, thanks for your input, and don't forget there are other less expensive towns in the UK, you can rent 3 bed in Liverpool for £500-£600 but in London same 3 bed might go for say £1200-£1300 and there are even cheaper places than Liverpool in the Uk so let him start from there grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
MOBO999:

^^^ Let me add one more, I have been in the UK for 3 years now and have never heard a gun shot, too bad I lost my friend in Benin to cult gun shot just one month ago (May his soul rest in peace), Nigeria is filled up with guns and bullet, becareful before you go back home.
Armed Robbers,
Kidnappers,
Police Crooks,
Customs crook,
Army thieves,
Political Walaha,
Boko Haram bombing,
School strike,
Jamb wahala for the kids,
NYSC killing nation wide,
Yahoo boys everywere,
Bank folding up,
The list can go on and on.

Husband Snatcher
Cheap Ashewo
High HIV donor
Parasite and bad belle relatives
Okada riders grin
rickety cars
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by fenandopo: 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2011
London? man that place is a mess now, you live to work for other scoundrels on benefit to enjoy. My friend come and invest in naija; as you stand to triple your money. Why not get involved in importation? you will make it. you can live in the UK and be involved in importaion of assorted products. (i dont mean cars and fridges and all that; they take a while to sell). import something in either 20 feet or 40 feet containers, that will move fast. e.g. import a 20 feet cotainer of 'Welcome Home' foot mat carpets for less than $10,000 or thereabout and take it up North to the mallams!!! see as them go rush am. Many things to research on, this is just an example. Do your reasearch first oh!! cheers mate
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2011
Returning to 9ja is on most people's mind in the UK. I have lived in the US as well and I must admit its alot tougher here. But you must be really careful and count the cost. If you earn more than £50k as an IT guy, I am pretty sure you have a good education and you can earn as much in Nigeria. If you return home, you will definitely have more savings, as you pay less taxes, cheaper child care, lower bills and you can save more. However, the things you take for granted here may be a luxury, like healthcare, security and good education. My nephews in corona pay 1 million naira annually for ages 5 and 7, i.e 2 million for two kids. Access to good quality healthcare is more expensive in 9ja than over here, and if you have a serious illness, you will have to come back here. As for security, you are in God's hands. And you still have issues like power, bad roads, incessant fuel shortage, etc.

So what matters more to you, more cash or having the certainty that you have the basics of life. The choice is yours, I suggest you discuss with your wife and determine what exactly you are going to do in 9ja as you are not doing too badly here. Secondly, if you are going for a job in 9ja, please ask for 25% premium if you want to enjoy anything close to the same quality of life. 12 million naira in Lagos is not too much o, you will soon find out!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
fenando po:

London? man that place is a mess now

True talk
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Tell me, how will this your comment help OP know if he will move to Naija? grin grin infact you be heavy mara!! No allow me recommend 'sakia' for you o because na there wey people wey dey talk go up when others dey talk go down dey live
I don already tell the OP make im leave london .E go better if he either relocate to naija or another country to start im life.I no see wetin special for that Uk way dey make una get jungle fever.Una dey spend all una money on that old woman(Queen Elisabeth) and yet u londoners no wan let us see road again wit una london dis and london dat.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by ada24: 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
tom28:

I don already tell the OP make im leave london .E go better if he either relocate to naija or another country to start im life.I no see wetin special for that Uk way dey make una get jungle fever.Una dey spend all una money on that old woman(Queen Elisabeth) and yet u londoners no wan let us see road again wit una london dis and london dat.

i wish bitterness had a cure, chei - uk is bad - nigeria is heaven we don hear!!!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
Rofl

shey the Queen wont eat? cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 27, 2011
ada24:

- nigeria is heaven we don hear!!!
Na u talk dat one no be me o cheesy
The US is twenty times better than the uk but you dont hear anyone bragging about the US
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:27am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

Tom 28  grin grin You don come again with another Bam Bam, Wetin we wey dey UK do you self? Tiv man say na bad Berre! this your Bad Belle against UK people don too much o. My friend wey im wife get cancer if no be UK NHS (National Health Service) that gave her free treatment infact the woman for don kpeme (die) since but like say na Naija una go call am Juju grin cheesy Well 1 word is enof for the wise but what I know is If the OP relocates to Naija make im add ashewo money to im expensis because I hear say mamacita full lasgidi now and dem no care whether u marry or not as long as you hollo cash dem go knack/phuck your brain out
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:37am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

Na u talk dat one no be me o cheesy
The US is twenty times better than the uk but you dont hear anyone bragging about the US
Tom in your dreams,  US better pass UK ko US better pass UK ni,  US that you guys leave on heavy debt, $50,000 credit card to a jobless man, Drive big cars when you earn nothing,  Omo US is definitely not better than Uk, Suffer full US no be small and if you must know USA has the dumbest people in the world infact some of the american don't even listen to news and they don't know what is going on around them.
What is good in US? tell me, how many people has internet or satellite TV in there homes in US? why will you brag? all you do in US is eat bugger, grow fat for belle and yansh and chase cheap woman  grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Tom 28  grin grin You don come again with another Bam Bam,  Wetin we wey dey UK do you self? Tiv man say na bad Berre! this your Bad Belle against UK people don too much o. My friend wey im wife get cancer if no be UK NHS (National Health Service) that gave her free treatment infact the woman for don kpeme (die) since but like say na Naija una go call am Juju grin cheesy Well 1 word is enof for the wise but what I know is If the OP relocates to Naija make im add ashewo money to im expensis because I hear say mamacita full lasgidi now and dem no care whether u marry or not as long as you hollo cash dem go knack/phuck your brain out
I no get bad belle for uk ppl them at all at all. cheesy.The thing wey dey really vex me be say wen some of our stupid corrupt politicians steal money dem go run go england and the british govt dey always dey give dem safe haven.And by the way ashawo plenty for uk well well so no be only naija dem full.One of my guys tell me say the only thing way british women sabi do well well na ashawo job though dem expensive well well and thats why na footballers dem they roll with or the politicians.So u see the uk no different dat much from naija cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:44am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

I no get bad belle for uk ppl them at all at all. cheesy.The thing wey dey really vex me be say wen some of our silly corrupt politicians steal money dem go run go england and the british govt dey always dey give dem safe haven.And by the way ashawo plenty for uk well well so no be only naija dem full.One of my guys tell me say the only thing way british women sabi do well well na ashawo job though dem expensive well well and thats why na footballers dem they roll with or the politicians.So u see the uk no different dat much from naija cheesy
Thomos read my post!! I say Naija get cheap Ashewo, I no talk say ashie no dey for UK. In UK Ashewo is legalise but patronising Ashewo is Illegal but in Nigeria Ashewo is good busines and in fact they now pay tax to police in cash or kind and patronising ashewo is also legal in Nigeria if you are in doubt as Abacha or you don't know about the book called ''Jerry boy, the India girls and the 10 apples'' grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Tom in your dreams,  US better pass UK ko US better pass UK ni,  US that you guys leave on heavy debt, $50,000 credit card to a jobless man, Drive big cars when you earn nothing,  Omo US is definitely not better than Uk, Suffer full US no be small and if you must know USA has the dumbest people in the world infact some of the american don't even listen to news and they don't know what is going on around them.
What is good in US? tell me, how many people has internet or satellite TV in there homes in US? why will you brag? all you do in US is eat bugger, grow fat for belle and yansh and chase cheap woman  grin
Chie! Obama must hear this grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Thomos read my post!! I say Naija get cheap Ashewo, I no talk say ashie no dey for UK. In UK Ashewo is legalise but patronising Ashewo is Illegal but in Nigeria Ashewo is good busines and in fact they now pay tax to police in cash or kind and patronising ashewo is also legal in Nigeria if you are in doubt as Abacha or you don't know about the book called ''Jerry boy, the India girls and the 10 apples'' grin
Not all areas for naija get cheap ashewo.The cheap ones na the dirty ones and no sane man go wan near them because the cheap ones no sabi maintain themselves.My guy there are very expensive high class ashewos in naija and most of them are very beautiful and well dressed and even if person tell u say na ashi dem be u no go believe am because dem dey well dressed and very eloquent in their speech.So i fashi say u dey frequent those cheap joints once u visit naija eh? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 12:55am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

Chie! Obama must hear this grin
Sarah Palin said a ''country like africa'' haba! Serahh!!! Africa na country? During my time offshore in Sakhalin (Russia), we have loads of American and funny enough we non americans even know about america more than them  grin They always think that people from other part of the world are underpreviledge but we actually see the as assholes just as their name describe them USA full meaning Unlimited Supply of Assholes  grin grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:00am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

Not all areas for naija get cheap ashewo.The cheap ones na the dirty ones and no sane man go wan near them because the cheap ones no sabi maintain themselves.My guy there are very expensive high class ashewos in naija and most of them are very beautiful and well dressed and even if person tell u say na ashi dem be u no go believe am because dem dey well dressed and very eloquent in their speech.So i fashi say u dey frequent those cheap joints once u visit naija eh? grin grin

Make I tell you ashewo no dey fine if in doubt wait make day break grin cheesy Na why ashewo dey discharge before day break, Most Ashewo wor wor no be small. Come to ashewo price, all naija ashewo cheap because men wey carry ashewo for Nicon or sheraton na big man so any money wey im pay the ashewo go be relatively small money to am and in the same way man wey carry ashewo for water side go still pay water side money. You don ever try chop ashewo for Amsterdam? dem no care where you pick dem from grin cheesy Na flat rate!! whether you be rich or poor man and the same for UK and Ashewo for UK get maintenance culture but for Naija Babu!!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Sarah Palin said a ''country like africa'' haba! Serahh!!! Africa na country? During my time offshore in Sakhalin (Russia), we have loads of American and funny enough we non americans even know about america more than them  grin They always think that people from other part of the world are underpreviledge but we actually see the as assholes just as their name describe them USA full meaning Unlimited Supply of Assholes  grin grin
Hahahahaha! Sarah Palin na real wacko and to imagine she was the running mate of John Mccain during the 2008 presidential elections.Imagine if they had defeated Obama they America would have had a dumbo as a vice president.I go agree with you on dis one, yes americans really dey ignorant of the outside world .Imagine even Britney Spears was arguing on some show tht Japan is in africa.Wetin even concern them with africa sef undecided.I just dey try imagine how america go be if dem come elect Sarah Palin as the next presido of the USA grin
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Make I tell you ashewo no dey fine if in doubt wait make day break grin cheesy Na why ashewo dey discharge before day break, Most Ashewo wor wor no be small. Come to ashewo price, all naija ashewo cheap because men wey carry ashewo for Nicon or sheraton na big man so any money wey im pay the ashewo go be relatively small money to am and in the same way man wey carry ashewo for water side go still pay water side money. You don ever try chop ashewo for Amsterdam? dem no care where you pick dem from grin cheesy Na flat rate!! whether you be rich or poor man and the same for UK and Ashewo for UK get maintenance culture but for Naija Babu!!
Chei e be like say u get beef for naija ashewos o cheesy.If dem no get maintanance culture how come some naija men dey run leave their wives for ashewos? cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:19am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

Chei e be like say u get beef for naija ashewos o cheesy.If dem no get maintanance culture how come some naija men dey run leave their wives for ashewos? cheesy
Because for Naija wife expensive pass ashewo and Naija men like cheap article grin grin Fela call am cheapey cheapey grin Come to Americans, a lot of them don't even have passports and haven't left US and won't ever dream of travelling, ask them about Jacob Zuma, the fools go open bible ask you say which book and chapter Jacob Zuma dey? becaus the only Jacob wey dem sabi na inside bible e dey? Americans hahahah una go kill me o
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

grin Come to Americans, a lot of them don't even have passports and haven't left US and won't ever dream of travelling, ask them about Jacob Zuma, the fools go open bible ask you say which book and chapter Jacob Zuma dey? becaus the only Jacob wey dem sabi na inside bible e dey? Americans hahahah una go kill me o
Hahahahahahaa!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy true talk for dat one cheesy
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by YoruIgbo(m): 1:32am On Jun 27, 2011
tom28:

Hahahahahahaa!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy true talk for dat one cheesy

Back to original OP question, that is if im never get answer by now sha, I am trying to do a replica cost analysis on his small £50K per annum come up with possible cost breakdown with the right elements.
So please if you have suggestion on what a married man like OP will spend his money on do post it here and we can help him do a cost analysis and compare and contrast before we give final verdict and close this thread on if he should move to Naija or Not.
I will also help him do a SWOT or a PEST analysis as the case may be, so OP please contact me and sure with your condition I won't charge you because na we-we
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by tEsLim(m): 7:03am On Jun 27, 2011
I posted this earlier and the silly anti spam bot flagged my post. THis is the third time cos i can't type all this and expect to read it only.

Well before you move back to Nigeria this are the things I"ll consider you do:

*Come home often on vacation. First you come maybe spend 30days. Then come with the family to see how they can adapt to the country. DO this routinely till you are comfortable and take time to build more contacts you can kinda trust a little in Nigeria. Stay away from doing business with family and old friends they're worse. No FAMILY BUSINESS. Visit places around the major cities.

*Becareful about business here. See even if you try form being local; any body can spot a janded person Cheesy , regarldess of how hardcore you are. And stay away from bank investments in Nigeria the stocks are big frauds over-rated stocks. Imagine a bank borrowed my friend to buy into their bank and even when they know that their prices will fall soon. Dont ever do any virtual business in Nigeria. Stay physical buy and sell and do stufs that are liquidation i.e importing fast moving goods. How building property for sale/ rent or use like HOTEL. I stick and believe in real estate. I can sell my sh.it anytime I want and get money back. I've been burnt several times with other investment vehicle. And beware there lots of 419ers even on nairaland :p

*Note the office and home will run on diesel/petrol daily but petrol is cheaper here than anywhere I know abroad 65 naira per litter. You need to build a house I think its cheaper thats what I did. Buy a land invest a year or two you should be able to build something to your taste that you will be comfortable with. Dont wait till you have $100k at a go. Well sinking a borehole is standard just around 120k is what I paid for mine. A gated secured estate will be good.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by dudet(f): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2011
well, if u consider the costs involved, in the long run, it may be worth it; provided u can afford to build a house in Lekki complete with a generator that works 24hrs, u can also afford to send ur kids to Lekki British International school or its equivalent.

First of all, u need to map out your plan; are u planning to set up your own business or to work for private companies/individuals? Remember for doctors and the likes, there's nothing like NHS that employs are larger chunk of the medical profession; Reddington hospital can only afford to employ so many!! tongue

But seriously, remember that working in Nigeria would mean less time for the family as u would probably need to dedicate more time to ur job to show ur employer that u r irreplaceable!! but honestly, i still prefer Nigeria to the UK, the issue of taxes is probably the most vexing of all, working like a monkey, but getting nothing that is substantial i return.

As another option, @ poster, have u considered Canada? that seems to be the new US, quite a number of my family and friends who have either lived or worked in the UK and US for a large part of their lives seem to be getting really good offers in Canada, u could explore that as well.

Antways, wish u the best whatever decision u make!!
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Back to original OP question, that is if im never get answer by now sha, I am trying to do a replica cost analysis on his small £50K per annum come up with possible cost breakdown with the right elements.
So please if you have suggestion on what a married man like OP will spend his money on do post it here and we can help him do a cost analysis and compare and contrast before we give final verdict and close this thread on if he should move to Naija or Not.
I will also help him do a SWOT or a PEST analysis as the case may be, so OP please contact me and sure with your condition I won't charge you because na we-we
Make im go settle for nigeria if uk too expensive for am.Thats the best advice i can give him as a friend.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by baslone: 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
dudet:

well, if u consider the costs involved, in the long run, it may be worth it; [b]provided u can afford to build a house in Lekki complete with a generator [/b]that works 24hrs, u can also afford to send your kids to Lekki British International school or its equivalent.

Must you stay at Lekki?
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
London is already probably the most unpleasant, badly-run capital in Europe. The only things that appear to work there are its red traffic lights, it's high taxes and fines system and the sweat-glands in strangers’ armpits in the Underground.
Re: Is The Uk Worth Staying In Anymore Or Should One Consider Moving Back To Nigeria by werepeLeri: 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
Ib:

I have made the move from UK to Nigeria - spent 3 years and now im back to UK infact i should say i made a lucky escape back to UK. It was so bad that i nearly used DANFO transport from Obalende to Murtala Mohammed Airport on my departure and needless to say i bought a one way ticket back.

I am considering writing a Guide on - "20 things to consider before attempting to relocate to Nigeria".

Maybe that would help anyone who is thinking of making that move.

As for me, before i even dream to wonder to consider to ponder on relocating to Naija, there would a VERY STRONG MASSIVE compelling argument for me to ever ever do so.

This should not be taken seriously. Others spent 6months and became rich - you spent 3 years and left, doesnt mean everyone must have your own experience. I know people who after only three months in Nigeria wondered why they ever left in the first instance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) / Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.