Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers (417 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by thinkmoney(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2022
WHAT IS YOUR DRESSING CALLING ATTENTION TO?
IF YOUR CLOTH COVERS YOU AND SHOWS CLEARLY YOUR GENDER, THEN YOU HAVE OBEYED THE BIBLE.
The followings are my reactions to a friend that condemned wearing of trousers:
I am reacting because of the love I have for God and because I want people to really understand the bible. Not to be bogged down by some inventions and traditions of men.
The bible, the word of God is alive and useful for all ages. However, its systematic in its guidance.
One can say that the idea behind the regulation at Deuteronomy 22:5, was to protect the Israelites against the openly immoral way of life of the nations around them. The law showed Gods strong feelings against clothings that feminize men, or that make women look like men. A practice that might open the way for immorality, including homosexuality.
However, we should be sincere enough to know that, like in the examples of those images I gave, wearing a garment that looks like a blouse but that the prevailing culture can readily tell is a man's cloak, doesn't make it a woman's dress, in the same way as a lady wearing a trouser that people, even when they look at you from afar would still be sure you are a woman doesn't make it a man's cloth.
Infact the whole dynamism behind this is beyond just trouser, it has to do with the whole appearance. It has to do with a woman not trying to pretend she is a man or a man trying to look like a woman. Or it would be leaving what is natural and taking on that which is in God's word is called unnatural. (Roman's 1:24-27). Inline with this guidance, Paul tells the Corinthians church that the way a woman wears her hair is a reflection of God's order, and therefore a woman who cuts her hair to appear as a man or a man who wears his hair long to appear like a woman brings shame to them (1 Corinthians 11:3-15).
Moreover, many of the mosaic code I earlier told you, was to make the children of israel distinct from the godless nations around and hence preserve them till the coming of the messiah. The code like many you will find in Deuteronomy 22, as a legal system, as no bearing on Christian's today ( Colossians 2:24-17). Examples of such regulations are the ones you will find in that same Deuteronomy 22 verses 9, 11 and 12 that says one should not plant two different seeds on a land, one must put fringes on ones garment and that one should not mix woollen cloths and linen cloths together. Should we still obey these regulations? They were for a time like I pointed out. They were till the time of Christ (Galatians 3:24).
The laws of christ which Christians follow now are hanged on two major principles, which we know as the golden rule. "LOVE/FEAR GOD AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF". Inline with this rule, every Christians must consider their dress and judge if it provokes, alarm or offend others. As a Christian, you might be wrong to wear some western dress in some Islamic countries. As a Christian, your life isn't just about yourself alone. Your life and life choices must be made in consideration of others and in honour of God. You are not just allowed to dress because it makes you feel good. "To the Jews I became as a Jew in order to gain Jews; to those under law I became as under law, though I myself am not under law, in order to gain those under law." 1Corinthians 9:20. "That is why if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat at all, so that I will not make my brother stumble. 1Corinthians 8:13."
Lastly, you won't be fair on me and in the front of God, if you say I haven't shown you bible verses pertaining to this matter to guide your conscience, choices and conviction.

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by thinkmoney(m): 10:09am On Feb 06, 2022

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by Righteousness2(m): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2022
You are Decieving yourself!
I Admonish you to Drop the little sense you think you have and Obey the Word of GOD.

You can twist the word to suit yourself but remember you will stand before GOD and you won't say you didn't know.

A man putting on skirt is an abomination!
A woman putting on troseur is an abomination.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by illicit(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2022
Exactly

I have taught people the meaning of these verse over and over
Re: Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by mike404(m): 10:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
I Admonish you to Drop the little sense you think you have and Obey the Word of GOD.

You can twist the word to suit yourself but remember you will stand before GOD and you won't say you didn't know.

STOP SAYING RUBBISH YOU THIS AGENT OF DEVIL angry

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:

No, sir, it is not an abomination.

To call it an abomination should only be applicable to you and yours.

Over-religiousness is in itself a problem.
Taking things out of context.
Turning church doctrines into biblical standards...

Wisdom is profitable to direct, and may the Holy Spirit continue to help us to discern.

1 Like

Re: Deuteronomy 22:5, Did Not Say Women Shouldn't Wear Trousers by thinkmoney(m): 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
Righteousness2:

You have obviously come to know me. I have come to know you too as somebody with zeal but lack of accurate knowledge. I have expressly explained everything clearly from the bible.
There are trousers designed for women that would be strange if men wear them- because they are women's wear.
Bible never mentioned trousers or skirt. What it clearly says however is to not wear that that pertains to a man. That is, don't wear things that the culture and society understands to be mans.
Men in israel then wear clothes like blouse. It will be strange for men to wear them these days. Women can not wear traditional Scottish skirt that is made for men in Scotland, it will look strange.
I also know you to be so engrossed in the tradition of men that you interpret bible through it.
Would you say a female engineer that wears trouser in the field is a sinner?
If your clothings is not so tight that it provokes, if it covers you and if people do not mistake you for the other gender (in the case of so called Tomboys and crossdressers), you have obeyed the bible regard dressing.
Or will you wear a trouser designed for a lady to work, because that cloth with two collapsible tunnels called trousers, was from heaven given to men? Because at the time of moses, there was a trouser moses held up and said, "this here is how a man's clothing will look like forever". How about those cultures that the men tie wrapper?
Study my brother to really really show thyself approved.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Muslims Aren't Calm By Choice - Seun Kuti / Anytime Any Atheist Mention God, It Shows That God Exist / What Does Praying In The Spirit Means ? : Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.