Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3897 Views)

Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. / I'm Pregnant / Please I Need Advice Nairalanders... I Just Discovered I'm Pregnant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
Re: . by Xscape1993(m): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2022
Just ignore him for now and concentrate on how to the business capital, your child and the pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: . by uthlaw: 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
God,why some people just wicked like this...dat bastard no serious, try get a job before hungery go kill you!

6 Likes

Re: . by Stenewiser: 3:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
you allowed his looks carry you away, your ex was better.face the penalty for your mistake, he will not change.

5 Likes

Re: . by Bluntguy: 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
Giving you money now will mean raising money for your husband's betting lifestyle for the next couple of days because I am sure he will collect it from you. We won't contribute towards the feeding of such a useless man. Sorry o.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Truvelisback(m): 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2022
Don't give him money again.
Re: . by Observer20: 3:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
Hmmm
Re: . by Richy4(m): 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2022
It seems that Gambling is now a common problem in Nigeria embarassed... Nollywood should probably put in a movie about that to create an awareness..

7 Likes

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2022
Luvinghrt4:
Pls, someone help me. What should I do with my life? I'm two months pregnant and I'm going through depression. It would have been peaceful if I just die, but what happened to my 8 yrs old son?

Your 8 year old son will be fine. His mates are in boarding schools doing very well without parents.

My husband is addicted to betting and I've done everything to stop him, all to no avail.

You cannot stop him. Stop wasting your time.

7 Likes

Re: . by faithfull18(f): 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Problem no dey finish, focus on yourself, if anything happens to you, your husband will re-marry. May we not fall into the wrong hands.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2022
Bluntguy:
Giving you money now will mean raising money for your husband's betting lifestyle for the next couple of days because I am sure he will collect it from you. We won't contribute towards the feeding of such a useless man. Sorry o.
It doesn't mean you are giving him. I need to equip myself now. His attitude has proven to me that I can't depend on him and I should stand up for myself as well.
I need a job please.
Re: . by olabrinks(f): 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2022
Why you carry second belle for a man that is useless? You’re supposed to re marry with the one child that you have, although not easy but still possible. Even if you marry a single father, is it not better than the nuisance that you call a husband ? Now you will have two children for this man, where do you want to go? You better sit down and manage your husband like that. You want to kill yourself before your time, carrying newborn up and down and slaving away to provide for your family. I just pity you. This is the reason why your husband sees you as a rug, because you don’t even respect yourself. Good luck.

19 Likes

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2022
Richy4:
It seems that Gambling is now a common problem in Nigeria embarassed... Nollywood should probably put in a movie about that to create an awareness..

Same way Nollywood created awareness about money ritual?
Re: . by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 06, 2022
What we're you thinking?
You had a lifetime opportunity to start making a saving money, you threw it away by giving it to a wishful spender and an addicted gambler. Now youre requesting for another job.

Is it love or the fear of being kicked out of marriage that makes some women to stop thinking or doing the right when their spouses are misbehaving?
You knew the kind of person he was yet you went ahead to let take up a job meant for you. Now he's mismanaging funds, starving you and your child, your eyes suddenly opened.

Hopefully, someone will come to your aid.
Re: . by Richy4(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
Acidosis:

Same way Nollywood created awareness about money ritual?

smiley Actually, I was born before Nollywood started.... But before then, my dad used to drum it into our ears( myself and my siblings) way back that whenever we find ourselves anywhere and we happens to see money, we should not pick it up or we will turn to a yam or tortoise...those that were born before Nollywood era can attest to it...

It's just like saying movies opens people's eyes to cheat on one another..... the game has always been the game but different players...

Nollywood is not really to be blamed for rampant ritual cases in Nigeria... when a movie is being produced, it was meant to educate and inform people...The producers can not be held liable if some people decides to choose the negative instead of the positive...it's just an individual choice

2 Likes

Re: . by baby124: 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
If you know you are significantly smarter than who you are dating especially if you are the woman, please run away from that relationship. People like the OP’s husband will never let you prosper. All your money will always end up in a bottomless pit. Finances is so important in marriage. If your partner is selfish, looking for fame through money they can never have, always buying bottles in the club, living a life you know you cannot afford or sustain, run for your life! Addiction to betting is a bad sign o! Very bad sign.

OP, you know with that man, you are on your own. I don’t know how you married him but it’s obvious you love him and he doesn’t love you! How will he go to restaurant to eat, blow all the money in the house and leave his pregnant wife and child at home hungry. I think it’s high time you involve your family members and beg them for food/ financial assistance. At least those ones will deal with you very well if you go and give the money to the useless husband.

12 Likes

Re: . by sisisioge: 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
.....and you are pregnant! It is well. Some people have a pact to finish themselves. May God help you.

3 Likes

Re: . by Acidosis(m): 6:32pm On Feb 06, 2022
Richy4:

smiley Actually, I was born before Nollywood started.... But before then, my dad used to drum it into our ears( myself and my siblings) way back that whenever we find ourselves anywhere and we happens to see money, we should not pick it up or we will turn to a yam or tortoise...those that were born before Nollywood era can attest to it...

It's just like saying movies opens people's eyes to cheat on one another..... the game has always been the game but different players...

Nollywood is not really to be blamed for rampant ritual cases in Nigeria... when a movie is being produced, it was meant to educate and inform people...The producers can not be held liable if some people decides to choose the negative instead of the positive...it's just an individual choice

I completely agree with your views.
Re: . by ceeceeuwa: 6:36pm On Feb 06, 2022
The truth is that any help rendered to you now te means empowering your husband's bet addict. You are enabling him!

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 06, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
The truth is that any help rendered to you now te means empowering your husband's bet addict. You are enabling him!
No. It wouldn't be for him. With the situation at hand, I'm on my own and I need to fight for myself. If I were fianancially ok, I would have gotten a new apartment and move out since he started this behavior
Re: . by SimeonOTC(m): 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
Please NOBODY, I mean BODY should financially assist this lady..if at all, you should assist, words of advise are enough..
@O.P you are not emotionally and financially matured enough to make decisions..stay where you are and manage your husbandgrin

Even with all this, you still go carry bellegrin

You are not looking for help to assist yourself, you just want to assist your husbandgrin

He probably might have told you he has gotten some sure oddgringrin

3 Likes

Re: . by Thugnificent(m): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2022
Na wa o shocked
Re: . by Thugnificent(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2022
Lalasticlala this woman needs all the help
Re: . by Foodqueen(f): 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2022
This is Abatiaven in esan language.

Women like u will never walk out, u will always be ready to hope he will change.

4 Likes

Re: . by Mindlog: 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
If you get another accommodation, won't your husband move in with you?

Addiction to gambling is classified as a mental disorder, an impulse-control disorder because of the impulsivity attached to it. Because of the attached, don't expect your husband to stop anytime soon.

Sadly, you are his enabler and would continue to be even if you get help from here.

2 Likes

Re: . by dobnina(f): 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
ceeceeuwa:
You are right. OP is an enabler. She is blinded by love and any money given to her now will surely end up in her husband's pocket indirectly.

1 Like

Re: . by simplepee(f): 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2022
Luvinghrt4:
No. It wouldn't be for him. With the situation at hand, I'm on my own and I need to fight for myself. If I were fianancially ok, I would have gotten a new apartment and move out since he started this behavior
Yinmu. Naso una dey talk

We don't have money for you madam. Carry your cross.

7 Likes

Re: . by Thebig4: 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
Its like an addiction there is nothing you can say that will make him stop betting. He needs to be delivered from such act spiritually that things is a spirit go beyond physical and handle this spiritually he will be fine. He has been caged.

1 Like

Re: . by Caramia2020(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
I will advise you to look for start up capital and embark on your business, also try to ignore him for ur mental health and also consider ur unborn child bcoz u need to be in sound mind. It's just a pity u are married to a chronic gambler, he will gamble d future away which will makes d family not to grow above poverty level. It's well.

1 Like

Re: . by Double0h7(f): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2022
You should leave this man and take your children to your family. You don't understand gambling addiction because if you did, you would have left the first time.

I don't think anyone will help you when you're in this relationship because any money given to you will enable this man to continue gambling.

Stop playing the victim and save yourself. Go back to your papa house, or any relatives that would take you in and start your life as a single mother because you are a single mother in your current situation.

This man will never stop gambling until he loses everything! Gambling is an addiction like drugs and alcohol and people don't walk away from it so easily.

4 Likes

Re: . by eyinjuege: 10:47pm On Feb 06, 2022
Married to a gambler.
Hmmmmm....
You better pack out and be offering him support from a distance. And when I mean support, I mean prayers with some serious psychological therapy.
It's a chronic illness that the cure is very hard o.
You can never make a headway financially if you're still under the same roof with him.
You're also an enabler, giving a gambler 20K monthly salary. Of course he's going to gamble with it.
You've fed the monster till it's grown enough strong teeth to consume you.
I hope he doesn’t gamble with your children and even you, yourself.
P.S- please anyone that can help her with a job should kindly do so. At least, so she can work and save a little before the baby comes.
Please move out to your parents house and go have your baby there . You will get better care there.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Brother Ruined Himself Because Of His Girlfriend. / Aggressive Husband / The Possibility Of Divorce According To The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.