Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Manchester United Legend Reveals He Changed Studs To Hurt A Chelsea Star - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Legend Reveals He Changed Studs To Hurt A Chelsea Star (263 Views)

Mikel Obi Reveals He Funded Nigeria's Olympic Football Team Flight To Brazil / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me / De Bruyne: I Only Spoke To Mourinho Twice As A Chelsea Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Legend Reveals He Changed Studs To Hurt A Chelsea Star by BENEAMATA: 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
legend Wayne Rooney admits he changed his studs before a match against Chelsea in 2006 because he “wanted to hurt” one of their players.

It was a must-win clash for the Red Devils as they travelled to Stamford Bridge in a game that the Blues won 3-0 to clinch the Premier League title.

Man Utd needed a victory to keep their slim title hopes alive and Rooney admits he changed his studs for longer ones in order to inflict damage on an opposition player.

In the end it was Chelsea captain John Terry who felt the force of a Rooney challenge with the Man Utd forward stamping on Terry’s foot.

“I changed my studs before the game,” Rooney said in an upcoming documentary ‘Rooney’, which will be on Amazon Prime next Friday.

“I put longer studs in because I wanted to hurt someone.”

Rooney added during the documentary: “If Chelsea won a point, they won the league. At that time, I couldn’t take it.

“The studs were legal, they were a legal size, but they were bigger than what I would normally wear.”

In an interview with the Sunday Times, Rooney has also revealed that he had a problem with drinking during his time at Man Utd as he struggled to cope with pressure of fame.

“I used to hold everything in and it would build up. I would deny it but Coleen could see it coming every time. I’d say f*** it and go out and make silly mistakes .
_ culled from football365.com
Re: Manchester United Legend Reveals He Changed Studs To Hurt A Chelsea Star by dawnomike(m): 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2022
I wonder why anyone would intentionally want to cause an injury ro a fellow player...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Legend Reveals He Changed Studs To Hurt A Chelsea Star by BENEAMATA: 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2022
dawnomike:
I wonder why anyone would intentionally want to cause an injury ro a fellow player...
That team has previous . Paul scholes , a revenge tackler and roy keane before him , who even foolishly admitted in his autobiography to deliberately injuring a leeds united player .
Re: Manchester United Legend Reveals He Changed Studs To Hurt A Chelsea Star by ehbellsho(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2022
This is not restitution but revelation and confession. I wonder if he had apologized to John Terry.

This life henn

See someone kids look up to back then having a pinch of wickedness in him.

Well, that's why we are all human, no one is perfect.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Al-hilal Vs Chelsea / A Reply To Mastermaestro And Jrusky And Everyone Who Don't...(pics) / Cristiano Ronaldo Celebrates Becoming The First Person To Reach 400 Million Inst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.