Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. (1249 Views)

The Fufu I Ate Today Got Me Smiling - Photos / What I Prepared For My Sweetheart This Morning / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Happy couple grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Kingpin1000: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Make una stop this nonsense. There is nothing like cauliflower fufu. Why want to adulterated the name, fufu can never be replaced. It has this aroma that is distinctive.
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Mariangeles(f): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingpin1000:
Make una stop this nonsense. There is nothing like cauliflower fufu. Why want to adulterated the name, fufu can never be replaced. It has this aroma that is distinctive.

Does it matter what the swallow meal is made of?
Can one tell the difference?
What should matter should be the soup right?
It’s not like the smell of the cassava fufu is pleasant sef. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Does it matter what the swallow meal is made of?
Can one tell the difference?
What should matter should be the soup right?
It’s not like the smell of the cassava fufu is pleasant sef. undecided

Thank you. The person probably never watched the video grin
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2022
Flahyuq:
Happy couple grin

Thank you.
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Chill and go and enter my giveaway grin
https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by WoundedLamb: 8:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Kingpin1000:

Really, it's an issue when when a Nigerian meal is given a foreign name based on the foreign food it looks like the most. For example, calling akara bean cake. But it seems the reverse is the case here. Some cauliflower flour meal is given a Nigerian name (fufu) simply because it has a similar look and feel.

If this cauliflower meal is new and doesn't have a distinct name yet, I don't really have any issue with the name "cauliflower fufu". The truth is, naming food based on the country of origin or another food it looks like has always been the norm. Shortbread is not bread, head cheese is not cheese, there's no turkey in cape cod turkey, black pudding is pig's blood but called pudding cause it looks like it, etc. So cauliflower fufu and fufu can actually coexist, each with its own distinctive features.

The real problem is trying to change the well established name of your local food to sound more "mainstream" and thereby making the food to lose its identity. Moi moi is moi moi and not bean pudding. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2022
WoundedLamb:

But it seems the reverse is the case here. Some cauliflower flour meal is given a Nigerian name (fufu) simply because it has a similar look and feel.

Thank you. It's made from cauliflower, made to look like fufu and eaten with fufu soup grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by WoundedLamb: 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Thank you. It's made from cauliflower, made to look like fufu and eaten with fufu soup grin

Cool. You've got a nice family! J’adore !

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Mariangeles(f): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Thank you. The person probably never watched the video grin

Who was making the video? Your daughter?
She sounded sweet. cheesy
Your husband is dark and handsome too, with a pleasant smile.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Cool. You've got a nice family! J’adore !

Thank you.
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Who was making the video? Your daughter?
She sounded sweet. cheesy
Your husband is dark and handsome too, with a pleasant smile.

Prepubescent son grin Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Mariangeles(f): 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Prepubescent son grin Thank you.

Oh! Ok. Sorry. grin

Tell him a fan from Nigeria said hi.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 07, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oh! Ok. Sorry. grin

Tell him a fan from Nigeria said hi.

He said, 'Good Morning' grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by LordReed(m): 9:03am On Feb 07, 2022
Kingpin1000:
WoundedLamb:

Really, it's an issue when when a Nigerian meal is given a foreign name based on the foreign food it looks like the most. For example, calling akara bean cake. But it seems the reverse is the case here. Some cauliflower flour meal is given a Nigerian name (fufu) simply because it has a similar look and feel.

If this cauliflower meal is new and doesn't have a distinct name yet, I don't really have any issue with the name "cauliflower fufu". The truth is, naming food based on the country of origin or another food it looks like has always been the norm. Shortbread is not bread, head cheese is not cheese, there's no turkey in cape cod turkey, black pudding is pig's blood but called pudding cause it looks like it, etc. So cauliflower fufu and fufu can actually coexist, each with its own distinctive features.

The real problem is trying to change the well established name of your local food to sound more "mainstream" and thereby making the food to lose its identity. Moi moi is moi moi and not bean pudding. Lol.

Actually any starchy thing formed into a smooth thick consistency is called a fufu in Western circles.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2022
LordReed:

Actually any starchy thing formed into a smooth thick consistency is called a fufu in Western circles.

Oh yes. We have plantain fufu, cocoyam fufu and now cauliflower fufu grin
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by WoundedLamb: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
LordReed:

I see.

But working with what the western world calls our food is not ideal. Thier nomenclature shouldn't even play a role when two locals are chatting about food names. I mean, I don't think we as Nigerians need to pull up articles written by the western world to define our food. They can call it whatever they want to call it, we know our food.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Sterope(f): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Isn't that more of a Ghanaian definition than Oyinbo one? They are the one that use fufu at the end of sins of their swallow.

LordReed:

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:

I see.

But working with what the western world calls our food is not ideal. Thier nomenclature shouldn't even play a role when two locals are chatting about food names. I mean, I don't think we as Nigerians need to pull up articles written by the western world to define our food. They can call it whatever they want to call it, we know our food.

It's we Africans in the West who eat Cauliflower fufu as an alternative. We tend to eat a lot of starch which starts telling on the body as we get older but we still prefer our foods, hence the mix and mash. We can even make fufu from aubergine or broccoli or some vegetables etc.

If you can come up with another name for Cauliflower fufu, I'd call it that grin

Ps. Now, go and enter my giveaway. 4 hours left: https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by LordReed(m): 2:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:

I see.

But the OP is in a Western Society so one should see where she's coming from.

1 Like

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by WoundedLamb: 2:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
LordReed:

But the OP is in a Western Society so one should see where she's coming from.

But I never said I had any issue with OP's name, if you read my first post, you'd see I clearly explained to the first guy why the name isn't really an issue since new food names are usually borrowed from pre-existing ones.

I'm particularly referring to your post. I don't think calling up an article writing by a white man to support a discussion about African food names is ideal regardless of where one is. A French man wouldn't change his food name because he's in Africa. So if they get it wrong, we correct them; not the other way round. I am in the so-called western world myself, I've never really lived in Africa but I know it's up to us as Africans to define our stuff.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by WoundedLamb: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

It's we Africans in the West who eat Cauliflower fufu as an alternative. We tend to eat a lot of starch which starts telling on the body as we get older but we still prefer our foods, hence the mix and mash. We can even make fufu from aubergine or broccoli or some vegetables etc.

If you can come up with another name for Cauliflower fufu, I'd call it that grin

Ps. Now, go and enter my giveaway. 4 hours left: https://www.nairaland.com/6974352/10-giveaway-most-liked-story

Your name is perfect, ma. And yes, I know we are the ones creating the alternatives cause I live in North America. I never had a problem with your name. smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:

But I never said I had any issue with OP's name, if you read my first post, you'd see I clearly explained to the first guy why the name isn't really an issue since new food names are usually borrowed from pre-existing ones.

I'm particularly referring to your post. I don't think calling up an article writing by a white man to support a discussion about African food names is ideal regardless of where one is. A French man wouldn't change his food name because he's in Africa. So if they get it wrong, we correct them; not the other way round. I am in the so-called western world myself, I've never really lived in Africa but I know it's up to us as Africans to define our stuff.

You misunderstand. I attached the article so that it is clear what I mean, it is not to insist that the Western perception is correct.
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by LordReed(m): 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Sterope:
Isn't that more of a Ghanaian definition than Oyinbo one? They are the one that use fufu at the end of sins of their swallow.

Not sure about that but I normal hear Americans and the British call any swallow a fufu.
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Sterope(f): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Yes because that is the same word I hear from other Africans when they refer to any kinda of swallow.

LordReed:

Not sure about that but I normal hear Americans and the British call any swallow a fufu.
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Tekahashi: 7:23pm On Feb 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Your name is perfect, ma. And yes, I know we are the ones creating the alternatives cause I live in North America. I never had a problem with your name. smiley
hiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: My Husband And I Prepared Cauliflower Fufu I.e. Fufu Made From Cauliflower. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
This thread went off on a tangent grin

I just wanted y'all to see our cooking grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Dominos Pizza Now Selling Jollof Rice And Chicken - Nigerians Think It's Funny / New Dangote Noodles Out! / Cholestrol Free Vegetable Oil Brands In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.