Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties (24456 Views)

Mohamed Salah In Tears After Egypt AFCON 2019 Exit (Photos) / World Cup: Russia Vs Croatia - (2 - 2) Croatia 4 - 3 On Penalties / Champions League Final: Salah Fires Back At Ramos Over Injury Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by damilola4162(m): 12:54am On Feb 07, 2022
Mohamed Salah suffered a heartbreaking defeat in the AFCON final after his country lost to Senegal on penalties on Sunday February 6, Newspremises reports.

The final at the Olembe Stadium in Yaounde, Cameroon, was billed as a battle between Liverpool teammates, Mané of Senegal and Mohamed Salah of Egypt.

The final had ended 0-0 after extra time. Sadio Mane, who had missed a penalty in the first half, scored the decisive spot-kick as Senegal triumphed 4-2 in the shoot-out, winning their first AFCON title in their history.

After the game, Salah broke down in tears and had to be consoled by his Liverpool teammate, before members of the Egyptian coaching team came to cheer him up.

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbRaSfLQD0

https://newspremises.com.ng/afcon2021final-mohamed-salah-couldnt-hold-back-his-tears-after-egypt-lost-to-senegal-on-penalties-video/

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by dawnomike(m): 3:04am On Feb 07, 2022
He lost to a fellow Liverpool brother... So, he should console himself.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by paulolee(m): 6:33am On Feb 07, 2022
saw him crying n feel pity for him, they really tried n it wasnt easy getting to the finals after losing its first game n was written off completely..
Senegal really deserved d trophy for being a consistent team all through the group stage than Egypt dt needed series of luck from penalties to get tru the next phrase..
seeing him crying gave me memories of Lionel messi copa story, after crying for 3 times n losing via penalties, he smiled at last with dt big win against Brazil.
Egypt are playing Senegal in worldcup play offs n maybe sallah would laugh last...just maybe bcoz these north Africans are good with double legged ties..

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by paulolee(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2022
dawnomike:
He lost to a fellow Liverpool brother... So, he should console himself.
na turn by turn, mane just get more luck last nite

2 Likes

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by whytediamond(m): 6:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Even Jesus wept, so who is the son of Pharaoh if he weeps like a toddler.

120mins of open play, you no score. Abegi. grin

Salah Wept grin

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Observer20: 6:37am On Feb 07, 2022
It's just life
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Kennyfancy(m): 6:38am On Feb 07, 2022
Ur team let u down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Hybrid600: 6:39am On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations to Senegal!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by GreatrAnalyst: 6:39am On Feb 07, 2022
The world doesn't belong to just one person.
What goes around, comes around.

6 Likes

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Bahamas95(m): 6:41am On Feb 07, 2022
So happy for Senegal yesterday, e for pain me assuming Egypt win. They have won the AFCON 7times already and I wanted another winner and luckily our West African brothers won.
Salah pele, I like you but like Mendy/Mane and Senegal more......I think it would be a double blow for Salah because I don't see Egypt making it to the world cup at the expense of Senegal. Senegal is better than them, the only major threat in that Egyptian team is Salah while Senegal has other dangerous players apart from Mane. What has been keeping Egypt going is that they can play as a unit. Senegal has good individual players that can also play as a unit unlike Super Eagles chickens.

CONGRATULATIONS TO SENEGAL.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Brainlight: 6:41am On Feb 07, 2022
THIS GUY WAN DEY CRY PASS MESSI THIS DAYS!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Slaysor: 6:41am On Feb 07, 2022
M
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Ayoola171(m): 6:42am On Feb 07, 2022
Congratulations to Senegal, I actually wanted Mane to win it and I'm so happy he won. I so much like his grass to grace story and his never die spirit couple with his generosity and been kind to the less privileged ones in his community ; so inspiring. Kudos

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by virginboy1(m): 6:44am On Feb 07, 2022
Senegal many of us played you full time winning.
But Una burst the tickets. undecided

Any way, Congratulations Senegal. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Badguy77(m): 6:46am On Feb 07, 2022
Shortest verse of the match...

And sallah wept. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Olachase(m): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2022
Minimi3:
I understand, how he feels

Please I need someone that can invest or loan me 150k for my transport business in Lagos and get monthly return or interest 15k and ready to sign legal documents. Check below for my number in my profile/ signature
wetin you won take stand

1 Like

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by T0BY(m): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2022
I understand how you feel mahn. But una don carry am more than once, so make them carry this one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by lexy2014: 6:52am On Feb 07, 2022
damilola4162:
Mohamed Salah suffered a heartbreaking defeat in the AFCON final after his country lost to Senegal on penalties on Sunday February 6, Newspremises reports.

The final at the Olembe Stadium in Yaounde, Cameroon, was billed as a battle between Liverpool teammates, Mané of Senegal and Mohamed Salah of Egypt.

The final had ended 0-0 after extra time. Sadio Mane, who had missed a penalty in the first half, scored the decisive spot-kick as Senegal triumphed 4-2 in the shoot-out, winning their first AFCON title in their history.

After the game, Salah broke down in tears and had to be consoled by his Liverpool teammate, before members of the Egyptian coaching team came to cheer him up.

Watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbRaSfLQD0

https://newspremises.com.ng/afcon2021final-mohamed-salah-couldnt-hold-back-his-tears-after-egypt-lost-to-senegal-on-penalties-video/

The trophy has come to Liverpool

1 Like

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by 27Pushing30: 6:53am On Feb 07, 2022
The Egyptians were too defensive and it cost them

How I wish Mane scored that penalty , Egypt might have been pushed to play more attacking football

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by AK6464(m): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2022
sad
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by 4ckyou: 6:57am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
na turn by turn, mane just get more luck last nite
why is mane still closing his mouth when the match have ended
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by 4ckyou: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2022
27Pushing30:
The Egyptians were too defensive and it cost them

How I wish Mane scored that penalty , Egypt might have been pushed to play more attacking football

they were hoping to win on penalty

6 Likes

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by thoollz: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2022
Egypt were not serious attacking wise in this competition, it would have been painful if they had won the trophy. The Senegalese came with their A game even though they missed several chances and also thanks to Gabaski. You cannot play BOKO HARAM football and still expect to win. Penalty is a game of luck and the Egyptians were short on that luck yesterday.

Well as a Liverpool fan, we're the real winners.

Goodluck to salah next year.

7 Likes

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by motionarena: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2022
E no dey hard salah to cry

1 Like

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Obyangel: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2022
So sorry Salah nwanne. No African best player for you this year, but God has given to your next door neighbor.
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by ikorodureporta: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2022
Y dem dey cover mouth talk ... Is it because of the noise??
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Sheriman(m): 7:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Salah sorry oooo
Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by Nonybb: 7:01am On Feb 07, 2022
I love it that the Senegalese won

1 Like

Re: AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties by boolet: 7:04am On Feb 07, 2022
Abegiii, Africans are black people. undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From The Asisat Oshaoala Football 4 Girls Seminar Held Today. / OAU Vs UNILORIN: Hifl 2019 Finals - 0 - 0 (3 - 4 Penalties) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Egypt: Things To Know As Super Eagles, Pharaohs Clash Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.