Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job (14990 Views)

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? / Can Federal Govt Job Accept Statement Of Result In Place Of Certificate? / Can My Statement Of Result Only Give Me A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Tissyjay(f): 8:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Good day house.
I opened this out of curiosity. I graduated four years ago and I haven’t gotten my original certificate due to personal reasons. I want to know if I can still apply for a job with my statement of result.
Thanks.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2022
For me I graduated close to ten years ago but I only use a cv , I depends on the organisation involved, if you don fit the job it will clearly show so forget the paper qualifications.. mind you I still have my qualifications intact..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Tissyjay(f): 9:45am On Feb 07, 2022
Juicie2u:
For me I graduated close to ten years ago but I only use a cv , I depends on the organisation involved, if you don fit the job it will clearly show so forget the paper qualifications.. mind you I still have my qualifications intact..

Okay thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Rickmann: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2022
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
I opened this out of curiosity. I graduated four years ago and I haven’t gotten my original certificate due to personal reasons. I want to know if I can still apply for a job with my statement of result.
Thanks.

Ur result isn't necessary..Besides ,employers hardly request it.
Just have a well-drafted CV and you good to go.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Newyorkitis(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2022
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
Thanks.

I have not encountered any hitches using my statement of result for close to 12 years!

They see my NYSC discharge certificate so they can't question the authenticity of me being a graduate.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by gulfer: 10:04am On Feb 07, 2022
Newyorkitis:

I have not encountered any hitches using my statement of result for close to 12 years!

They see my NYSC discharge certificate so they can't question the authenticity of me being a graduate.
Been working for close to 20years and I have always used the statement of result.......like someone said, your ability becomes the criteria for jobs past the entry-level jobs grin grin grin grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Newyorkitis(m): 10:37am On Feb 07, 2022
gulfer:
Been working for close to 20years and I have always used the statement of result.......like someone said, your ability becomes the criteria for jobs past the entry-level jobs grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha..... This is awesome, sir.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by nelszx: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
As long as you are yet to collect your certificate, it is valid

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by herbsisgood: 12:41pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ok
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by 4four(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Almost 13 yrs now still using statement of result, Ur ability is what employers need. If they doubt Ur qualification they will cross check it directly from Ur school

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Ibiblaze(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
As long as its needed
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by NobleSeed(m): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
very valid ☺️

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by ignis: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2022
Oga, go and collect your certificate and stop being lazy and curious.
Statement of result expires after one year from the date on it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by TheFacelessMan: 12:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
I beg to differ with most of the submissions.

Get your original certificate as soon as you can.

Your 'Statement of results" usually has a date of expiry.

Why use a document that has a validity period?

Seen someone who was using a Statement for 15 years... on a particular job interview, he was questioned on this.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by McOluOmo: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Leave certificate and talk about sabifikate

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by bigdammyj: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
As long as you want
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by victorazy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
Ok
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Austinbiggy(m): 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2022
i got a job and have not collected my original certificate but traveling to bida polytechnic is my biggest fear due to bandit in the express way,
i was told government job require original certificate and i don.t know if this police recruitment screening we accept statement of result?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Kollins11: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
Some employers don't really care about your original certificate.

Just draft your C.V and your application letter then you're good to go.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by abobote: 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
You can use as long as possible
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by tachusta(m): 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
You are expected to have your certificate at hand five (5) years after graduation. Meaning, your statement of result is valid for five (5) years only.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by xeratek: 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
As long as your connection is still valid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Dawn91(m): 12:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
My brother keep being strong and brave , until Our incoming president and his amazing vice makes things easier and enables a better economy

Amaechi Zulum 2023

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by McOluOmo: 12:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
[s]
Dawn91:

My brother keep being strong and brave , until Our incoming president and his amazing vice makes things easier and enables a better economy

Amaechi Zulum 2023
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by NwaIgboBoy(m): 12:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
As long as u wish my dear, afterall this is Nigeria where everybody is a criminal....

I love Falz!

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by jericco1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Still haven't gotten mine.

I don't understand anymore
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Olibboy: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
As strong as your connection.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by raphretle: 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Your original result is often ready on your convocation day...
Statement of result has validity period.. Max of 3years

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by seyz91(m): 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2022
Me even graduated 7years ago and never collected Original certificate yet, na still statement i have with me, although i have never applied or worked in Nigeria sha

And don't intend to go collect cuz it's still useless undecided
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by seyz91(m): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Confirm!
gulfer:

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by todaynewsreview: 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
As long as you want. The only clause is the rapid increment in Certificate collection amount by schools

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria / Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? / VLA Recruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.