Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job (15083 Views)

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Good Job After Graduation? / Can Federal Govt Job Accept Statement Of Result In Place Of Certificate? / Can My Statement Of Result Only Give Me A Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by seyz91(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Mtcheewww!! Nonsense!..

See one of then naija gullible spotted

undecided
ignis:
Oga, go and collect your certificate and stop being lazy and curious.
Statement of result expires after one year from the date on it.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by engrdemo: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
How can one know statement of results and original in the University certificate.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by seyz91(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Confirm!
Kollins11:
Some employers don't really care about your original certificate.

Just draft your C.V and your application letters then you're good to go.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by seyz91(m): 1:08pm On Feb 07, 2022
Confirm!
xeratek:
As long as your connection is still valid
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by siant: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
NwaIgboBoy:
As long as u wish my dear, afterall this is Nigeria where everybody is a criminal....

I love Falz!
you and your family members may be criminals, but as for me and my household, wè árè not criminals.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
siant:
you and your family members may be criminals, but as for me and my household, wè árè not criminals.

Then if you guys aren't criminals, na animals all of una be na, which is worst self. . . Clown!!!. Ode no go look for job dey here dey quote nonsense, imbesil
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by seunmsg(m): 1:30pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
I opened this out of curiosity. I graduated four years ago and I haven’t gotten my original certificate due to personal reasons. I want to know if I can still apply for a job with my statement of result.
Thanks.

I am still using my statement of result after 16 years.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tissyjay, your inquiry is a very important one. As other nairalanders has commented that it does not matter so far you have authentic NYSC discharge certificate but my advise for you is to confirmed from your school if your certificate is available for collection because some organisation might required to produce your certificate within a shortest time and as at that time that is needed urgently your school can use you as Cash-out because of logistics involve what you need to collect for free.
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
I opened this out of curiosity. I graduated four years ago and I haven’t gotten my original certificate due to personal reasons. I want to know if I can still apply for a job with my statement of result.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Oyerinde16(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2022
My school stated categorically the statement of result is valid for 12 months...
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by bakesntakes(m): 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2022
You tired of spending so much money on airtime and data?

Earn free airtime and data by taking surveys.

No payment needed for registration

Follow link in signature and sign up now

Forever
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by iamdapsyj(m): 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
Thanks.

It's always stated in the Statement of result the time it will expire and it is usually for a year.
In this day an age, most employers don't require it. Recruitment is gradually changing and if your CV is well prepared and you have the ability to fulfill that roll, you are good to go.

But you might need the certificate for something else in the future. An example is if you want to do your WES or UK ENIC, you will need it together with your transcript. So, ensure you get it immediately.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Tissyjay(f): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
gulfer:
Been working for close to 20years and I have always used the statement of result.......like someone said, your ability becomes the criteria for jobs past the entry-level jobs grin grin grin grin grin

WoW.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Tissyjay(f): 3:05pm On Feb 07, 2022
Thanks so much. Really appreciate everyone’s comment.
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Obabajo(m): 5:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
I want to give my experience concerned the topic you rise, please go and collect your original certificate tomorrow if it borrow money just go, I had the same thought as you that when I need it or when the organization need it I we go maybe the organization will give me two days but I shot myself on the foot when I was called by LAGOS STATE TEACHING COMMISSION for interviews, I was denied interview because I had SR MEANING STATEMENT OF RESULTS Broda I can't cry after 6 years without job. Till now self no other opportunities to come, this happened last year Dec 2021. Just go know wait 4 opportunity bcoz you meant not be given opportunity for interview or come back
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by yemi1504: 5:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
TheFacelessMan:
I beg to differ with most of the submissions.

Get your original certificate as soon as you can.

Your 'Statement of results" usually has a date of expiry.

Why use a document that has a validity period?

Seen someone who was using a Statement for 15 years... on a particular job interview, he was questioned on this.

Exactly. An experience I heard shows how important the certificate is. You can even be denied audience at your interview if the statement of result has been for a long time. It can happen!
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by siant: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
NwaIgboBoy:

Then if you guys aren't criminals, na animals all of una be na, which is worst self. . . Clown!!!. Ode no go look for job dey here dey quote nonsense, imbesil
When the parents themselves are criminals, they will definitely give breading to a criminal child.
Like parents, like child
Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by phemmyfour: 5:08am On Feb 08, 2022
Tissyjay:
Good day house.
Thanks.
Yes, you can but apply for your cert asap

1 Like

Re: How Long Can I Use My Statement Of Result To Apply For A Job by Henryjp: 6:50pm On May 02
Theres is what is called notification of result and it's more valid than the statement of result. Notification of result does not have expiring date like some statement of results. If U have a notification of result then U are covered and can use it for employment without to problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accenture Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme 2013 / N-power Batch C Verification: 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Rush To Your LGA / West Corp Services Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.