Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline (17674 Views)

The Difference Between Messi And Ronaldo - Carlos Tevez / Wayne Rooney Has Retired From International Football. / Wayne Rooney Taunts Same Angry Man City Fans - 5 Years Apart! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2022
It is well.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by PointZerom: 10:12am On Feb 07, 2022
grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by fergie001: 10:13am On Feb 07, 2022
Angelfrost:
Thank you Sir. Rooney for finally addressing the Elephant in the room
100% truth, what he said.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by LesbianBoy(m): 10:16am On Feb 07, 2022
I agree

I am sure that's why Ferguson left immediately he won the league that year jeje because he could see that omo, this team is no longer as strong as it used to be

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by dfrost: 10:17am On Feb 07, 2022
fergie001:

While what he said is true, then the problem is from Man United then.

No succession plan or what?
No replacement for Scholes, Giggs, Raphael da Silva, Evra?
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Angelfrost(m): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2022
fergie001:

Not 100% sir.... Please, see the latter addendum to my post.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by baralatie(m): 10:21am On Feb 07, 2022
Judolisco:
Jst Ferguson exit and then u refuse to give mourinho time....d board also lack discipline... If pogba was at Chelsea he would have been loaned to lille
Sure
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Angelfrost(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2022
dfrost:

No replacement for Scholes, Higgs, Raphael da Silva, Evra?

Basically the summary of the matter at the bold!!!

No single succession plan!!!
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Afrogist247(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Angelfrost(m): 10:23am On Feb 07, 2022
MJBOLT:
Ferguson leaving in 2013 was the nail in the coffin.
I don't see how this Man U squad will win any trophy this season or the next.

This season?!!... This season don end na!!! grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by fergie001: 10:23am On Feb 07, 2022
Angelfrost:
Not 100% sir.... Please, see the latter addendum to my post.
The team had no succession plan, period.
dfrost:

No replacement for Scholes, Higgs, Raphael da Silva, Evra?
The moment Gill left, we knew it was gonna breakdown...then Fergie joined him.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by drkrest(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2022
drLammy:
United decline started with fergie, it was obvious when United crashed out of champions League group stage during his final teem
United didn't crash out of the group stage. They were knocked out of the road of 16 by real Madrid after Nani was sent off
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by judedwriter(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2022
Bitter truth...

Especially Ronaldo's departure left man utd without creativity in attack from midfield.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by YellowMayor(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2022
dawnomike:
He is very right about this... At the tail end of Ferguson's career, they were mostly winning games by a goal margin,brilliant saves from the goalkeeper or by referees error.

Or you meant to say pre-planned or deliberate biases from some referees sides.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by olisaEze(m): 10:29am On Feb 07, 2022
Tallesty1:
Man United should return our charity commissioner

I’m scratching off ur name, u can’t make heaven!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by dfrost: 10:32am On Feb 07, 2022
fergie001:

The team had no succession plan, period.

The moment Giggs left, we knew it was gonna breakdown...then Fergie joined him.

I thought Anderson would pick up Scholes, Fabio from Evra, but alas! I was wrong.

So the players are also to blame. There is total breakdown of discipline. Nobody is scared of anyone again.

I remember when Nani lost an opportunity to score because of his unseriousness, he had to feign that he had a terrible injury because the kind of eye Ferguson looked at him, I could virtually see Nani pooing on himself.
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by mfm04622: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2022
Klchnjoku:
Fergie leaving and man UTD not having any structure or plans in place for his departure and for the future is the source of uniteds problem.

What man u needs the most at the moment is new directors and management staff.

He didn't plan to leave when he did! He was battling health challenges and he was told he would need surgery and time to recover. So he decided to leave!

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by frankson1(m): 10:36am On Feb 07, 2022
Klchnjoku:
Fergie leaving and man UTD not having any structure or plans in place for his departure and for the future is the source of uniteds problem.

What man u needs the most at the moment is new directors and management staff.

David Gill was the first to leave.

I still think that things wouldn't have been this bad if Moyes didn't sack United's backroom staffs who had worked with SAF for years and bringing in his guys.

At this point, the club need to be very brutal and direct in bringing the right players and coaches.

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Tallesty1(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2022
olisaEze:

I’m scratching off ur name, u can’t make heaven!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
He's a generous coach

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by frankson1(m): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2022
dfrost:

I thought Anderson would pick up Scholes, Fabio from Evra, but alas! I was wrong.

So the players are also to blame. There is total breakdown of discipline. Nobody is scared of anyone again.

I remember when Nani lost an opportunity to score because of his unseriousness, he had to feign that he had a terrible injury because the kind of eye Ferguson looked at him, I could virtually see Nani pooing on himself.

Yeah, there was succession plan by SAF but the coaches who came after him couldn't build on it.
I wouldn't mention Fabio because he was never really into the team because of injures and of course, Evra's form. His brother, Rafael at right-back, Evans was supposed to replace Vidic, Nani for CR7 but his pride didn't let him improve on his game. Adnan Januzaj was there as well.

The only very good player Fergie left was De Gea. He was looking for a midfielder in the mold of Xavi of Barcelona.

Maybe, Moyes would have kept those players he let go for another 2 seasons.

1 Like

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by mpire: 10:49am On Feb 07, 2022
ahmEenu:
U mean the sale of penaldo aka divenaldo

Is Ronaldo the source of your frustration in life?

2 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by dhareh: 10:56am On Feb 07, 2022
Nellybank:
U lie bro.... As a Chelsea fan, the whole thing became clearer when sir left. The board couldn't influence referees any longer that's how everything fell apart and it will continue to be so

You read and you understood it, you said it’s a lie and then you said it became clearer…… every fall starts with one wrong drift which Rooney stated in his opinion though it may take time to become CLEARER but a decline is inevitable.

I’m a True Blue anyway �
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by adenigga(m): 10:56am On Feb 07, 2022
Gangster1ms:

And what's your name? Pathetic
grin grin
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by dapadawee: 10:58am On Feb 07, 2022
fergie001:

The dream team: Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney at Man Utd

SOURCE

The same mistake mourinho wanted to correct but they never gave him that opportunity.
And I think he won man u last major trophy.
Look at As roma new look you will know they are the future
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by treatise: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
Which means that Sir Alex Ferguson started to sink the ship himself?

....And still playing the role of a godfather till now .smhhh
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by ddeola: 11:00am On Feb 07, 2022
No player stays forever in one club. The club has money if they are selling players what is the quality of the players they are buying
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Wasky101: 11:01am On Feb 07, 2022
Fiscus105:
Yes ooo, I have said it countless times that Ferguson took big part in blame of what man u is facing today, then man U has been declining but with Ferguson in charge, they keep winning domestic league and I can attribute this to how Ferguson was influencing descions on refrees to favour man. Then man you dropped in champion league to Europa, Basel still beat them home and away in Europa, yet this team keep beating every team in the league blue black and on many occasions controversially .

All the time that they were supposed to be building the team after declining, they were manipulating to win matches in domestic and other tournaments in England, when Ferguson left and no more pressure on refrees , 'fowl nyanch open gidigba'
All this is Nigerian version of events, how was SAF influencing games, do u have any proof? Was there ever any allegations? Do you even know consequences of match fixing that you are insinuating.
Anyway that aside.
SAF was the last man standing of an era in football. Everybody that still practices that style off football has failed woefully. That era of building a team is over, the era of waiting on players to blossom os over.
The game's language now is money, this is what frustrated Arsene Wenger into retirement. Local scouts are left redundant.
The game today is to scout already proven players and amass them. 2 for every position.
Chelsea started off in England.
This style again and again has proven to be a shortcut to success.
Manchester United has got the drift about how to do business this way, one minute they are buying an overrated English player the next the are buying an over used rated player. One season after the other. No it doesnt work like that.
You go all out bring 6 new players that can fill in the gap at once, the next transfer season u have to be ready to march that energy. This is what guarantees success this days.

5 Likes

Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by Josh64(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2022
dawnomike:
He is very right about this... At the tail end of Ferguson's career, they were mostly winning games by a goal margin,brilliant saves from the goalkeeper or by referees error.

Trash!
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by cunny88(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2022
He should concentrate on avoiding relegation with Derby County
Re: Wayne Rooney: Ronaldo,Tevez's sale started Manchester United's Decline by cunny88(m): 11:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Wasky101:

All this is Nigerian version of events, how was SAF influencing games, do u have any proof? Was there ever any allegations? Do you even know consequences of match fixing that you are insinuating.
Anyway that aside.
SAF was the last man standing of an era in football. Everybody that still practices that style off football has failed woefully. That era of building a team is over, the era of waiting on players to blossom os over.
The game's language now is money, this is what frustrated Arsene Wenger into retirement. Local scouts are left redundant.
The game today is to scout already proven players and amass them. 2 for every position.
Chelsea started off in England.
This style again and again has proven to be a shortcut to success.
Manchester United has got the drift about how to do business this way, one minute they are buying an overrated English player the next the are buying an over used rated player. One season after the other. No it doesnt work like that.
You go all out bring 6 new players that can fill in the gap at once, the next transfer season u have to be ready to march that energy. This is what guarantees success this days.
ur analysis Is spot on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AAG Fallout: U-23 Eagles In Congo With One Set Of Jerseys? / Ghana 2008 Match: Nigeria Vs Mali / NFF Sacks Rohr, Appoints Eguaveon Interim Head Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.