Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Alx Software Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Alx Software Programming (26171 Views)

Does ALX Software Engineering Really Worth It? / My First Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alx Software Programming by sherlock229(m): 11:37am On Feb 07, 2022
I applied for Alx Africa which is a company that offers 12 months Software engineering courses and it's free of charge , also a way to get a job in African silicon valley after you're done with the course and pass of course.

Well i have been accepted to partake in this course, you can join too, that's why I'm sharing it,if you have the interest of being a software programmer/engineer

ALXaccepted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alx Software Programming by Hashabiah: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
Is this for also for those who don't have prior knowledge of programming ?
Re: Alx Software Programming by Tashaturf: 8:18am On Feb 19, 2022
Alx Africa is not free. But this year's tuition has been waived due to sponsorship from master card. Good luck on your journey. Kindly update us on your journey. Thanks
sherlock229:
I applied for Alx Africa which is a company that offers 12 months Software engineering courses and it's free of charge , also a way to get a job in African silicon valley after you're done with the course and pass of course.

Well i have been accepted to partake in this course, you can join too, that's why I'm sharing it,if you have the interest of being a software programmer/engineer

ALXaccepted
Re: Alx Software Programming by Frontend: 10:55am On Feb 19, 2022
Is this remote
Re: Alx Software Programming by LikeAking: 11:12am On Feb 19, 2022
Good luck.
Re: Alx Software Programming by sherlock229(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2022
Tashaturf:
Alx Africa is not free. But this year's tuition has been waived due to sponsorship from master card. Good luck on your journey. Kindly update us on your journey. Thanks

I changed my mind , yes i was accepted but i recently got a job offer from a foreign company so I'm busy, I'm also a 3d artist you see and i don't think i will have the time to proceed with Alx , my main reason for joining was because I wanted to expand my scope on the gaming industry,i know how to code already e.g java and c# but I'm now rusty,but i guess i will have to teach myself python now and revise the rest .

2 Likes

Re: Alx Software Programming by uniknet: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2022
sherlock229:

I changed my mind , yes i was accepted but i recently got a job offer from a foreign company so I'm busy, I'm also a 3d artist you see and i don't think i will have the time to proceed with Alx , my main reason for joining was because I wanted to expand my scope on the gaming industry,i know how to code already e.g java and c# but I'm now rusty,but i guess i will have to teach myself python now and revise the rest .

Hey, which platform did you get foreign job, Linkedln? What's the remuneration like?
Re: Alx Software Programming by Ebuka5: 11:23am On Feb 20, 2022
sherlock229:

ALXaccepted

Please how can I register
Is registration still on??
Re: Alx Software Programming by qtguru(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
I saw their curriculum and I am amazed, it has good curriculum, most Bootcamp usher you into Web Dev but this touches alot like Linux, SSH, C and some core concepts.

Is it free ?

2 Likes

Re: Alx Software Programming by Excel70: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
sherlock229:

can you give me your slot
Re: Alx Software Programming by sherlock229(m): 6:54am On Feb 21, 2022
Ebuka5:

Please how can I register
Is registration still on??

I saw an ad on Instagram..
https://apply.alx.app/register/
Re: Alx Software Programming by sherlock229(m): 6:55am On Feb 21, 2022
Hashabiah:
Is this for also for those who don't have prior knowledge of programming ?

Nope.
Re: Alx Software Programming by Ebuka5: 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
sherlock229:

I saw an ad on Instagram..
https://apply.alx.app/register/

The registration is showing 2019
Re: Alx Software Programming by oloyemeji: 7:41am On Feb 23, 2022
qtguru:
I saw their curriculum and I am amazed, it has good curriculum, most Bootcamp usher you into Web Dev but this touches alot like Linux, SSH, C and some core concepts.

Is it free ?
Please can you share link to their curriculum?
Re: Alx Software Programming by sherlock229(m): 7:50am On Feb 23, 2022
Ebuka5:

The registration is showing 2019

I got it by chance on Instagram via ads
Re: Alx Software Programming by Chinagorom111(m): 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
Registration is ongoing for the next cohort. It'll end on 10th and their onboarding will start on the 14th
This is the link for registration
https://www.alxafrica.com/software-engineering-2022/
Re: Alx Software Programming by jassmenn(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
So people with no coding experience can't participate? Pls I need clarity on this. I want to switch to tech but I am an electrical engineer.

1 Like

Re: Alx Software Programming by jassmenn(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2022
I don't have any experience in coding can I still apply?
sherlock229:

ALXaccepted
Re: Alx Software Programming by sherlock229(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2022
jassmenn:
I don't have any experience in coding can I still apply?

Yes,they will start from the basics

1 Like

Re: Alx Software Programming by bercarray(m): 8:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
I got accepted too, they told me on boarding is March 14. What does onboarding mean
Re: Alx Software Programming by AdetayoS(m): 10:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
I got accepted too..issue is my laptop was stolen and I don't have a laptop at the moment cry
Re: Alx Software Programming by Thunday1005(m): 10:21am On Mar 03, 2022
That when the program is starting
bercarray:
I got accepted too, they told me on boarding is March 14. What does onboarding mean
Re: Alx Software Programming by bercarray(m): 11:38am On Mar 03, 2022
Oh thanks
Re: Alx Software Programming by cringeAlpha: 11:50pm On Mar 03, 2022
Waste of time.
Re: Alx Software Programming by cdec01: 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
cringeAlpha:
Waste of time.
Please why do you feel so??
Re: Alx Software Programming by ManAdii: 7:38am On Mar 15, 2022
Who has started this program?
Re: Alx Software Programming by Jamesfrankly123: 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2022
I also got accepted,
Re: Alx Software Programming by dauddy97(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2022
cringeAlpha:
Waste of time.
What made you say so?
Cos, I left a week after I got accepted 7g. I just wanted to know if you are thinking exactly what's running on my mind.
Re: Alx Software Programming by tarantino1: 4:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
bercarray:

Jamesfrankly123:
I also got accepted,
sherlock229:

ALXaccepted

How is the program so far and would you recommend?
Re: Alx Software Programming by bercarray(m): 11:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
tarantino1:

How is the program so far and would you recommend?
actually I couldn't finish all the projects sent into my mail, cos of one delay or the other at my end, but the purpose of me registering this year was to have a clue of What the program will look like cos I knew I won't be available for them now, until next year, but so far, they ask everyone to register on slack, then after you're done with a task, you'll ask others to help you review it and score you, the next day too another project
Re: Alx Software Programming by tarantino1: 7:09am On Mar 25, 2022
bercarray:
actually I couldn't finish all the projects sent into my mail, cos of one delay or the other at my end, but the purpose of me registering this year was to have a clue of What the program will look like cos I knew I won't be available for them now, until next year, but so far, they ask everyone to register on slack, then after you're done with a task, you'll ask others to help you review it and score you, the next day too another project

Thanks for your response bro.

Can I get a pic of their curriculum? The fact that you are to spend 70 hours a week for a year is a bit discouraging.

How is the application process anyway?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Create A Shipping Tracking On Website.? / Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. / How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.