Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Alx Software Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Alx Software Programming (26244 Views)

Does ALX Software Engineering Really Worth It? / My First Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alx Software Programming by bercarray(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2022
tarantino1:

Thanks for your response bro.

Can I get a pic of their curriculum? The fact that you are to spend 70 hours a week for a year is a bit discouraging.

How is the application process anyway?
The application process is so easy, and stress less but I don't have the curriculum
Re: Alx Software Programming by Techstar: 8:59am On May 03, 2022
jassmenn:
So people with no coding experience can't participate? Pls I need clarity on this. I want to switch to tech but I am an electrical engineer.
you can participate
Re: Alx Software Programming by mysticjack95(m): 2:03am On May 29, 2022
What do you think generally about the program, what makes it better than other bootcamps?
Re: Alx Software Programming by mykedm: 2:46pm On Jun 05, 2022
Good afternoon, pls where is there address for the software engineering in Lagos?
Re: Alx Software Programming by BNW1: 10:07am On Jul 07, 2022
sherlock229:
I applied for Alx Africa which is a company that offers 12 months Software engineering courses and it's free of charge , also a way to get a job in African silicon valley after you're done with the course and pass of course.

Well i have been accepted to partake in this course, you can join too, that's why I'm sharing it,if you have the interest of being a software programmer/engineer

ALXaccepted

Congrats. Is this a one year MSC program?
Re: Alx Software Programming by Socrates1111: 6:00am On Jul 09, 2022
Tashaturf:
Alx Africa is not free. But this year's tuition has been waived due to sponsorship from master card. Good luck on your journey. Kindly update us on your journey. Thanks

Hi Tracy

Good day, I just sent you an email. Please i am for the august cohort.
Re: Alx Software Programming by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2022
So far so good. Alx has been amazing. I'll encourage everyone with time to join this amazing program. Alx has finally aquired Holberton, I believe you know what that cert with do for you once you complete the program and you're good. Come with me let's do hard things!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alx Software Programming by pwresh123: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2022
Tashaturf:
Alx Africa is not free. But this year's tuition has been waived due to sponsorship from master card. Good luck on your journey. Kindly update us on your journey. Thanks

So that means that we won't pay anything after graduation like the 17% of our income if I'm even lucky to graduate
Re: Alx Software Programming by ocpaschal: 10:01am On Sep 03, 2022
Tashaturf:
do they train on Data Analytics or Cybersecurity?
Re: Alx Software Programming by ruqqayah(f): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2022
bercarray:
The application process is so easy, and stress less but I don't have the curriculum
Techstar:
you can participate
Jamesfrankly123:
I also got accepted,
cringeAlpha:
Waste of time.
sherlock229:

I saw an ad on Instagram..
https://apply.alx.app/register/
Chinagorom111:
Registration is ongoing for the next cohort. It'll end on 10th and their onboarding will start on the 14th
This is the link for registration
https://www.alxafrica.com/software-engineering-2022/

I want to get enlightened about the program

1.) I am for September Cohort
2.) How much time would we spend per day please ��
3.) Why did you say it's a waste of time
4.) How long did it take for them to contact you that you've been selected
5.) Was the starting difficult, I mean is it something one can work with?

Please reply someone
Re: Alx Software Programming by Techstar: 8:33am On Sep 10, 2022
ruqqayah:

I want to get enlightened about the program

1.) I am for September Cohort
2.) How much time would we spend per day please ��
3.) Why did you say it's a waste of time
4.) How long did it take for them to contact you that you've been selected
5.) Was the starting difficult, I mean is it something one can work with?

Please reply someone
2. It depends on how new you're to programming and your grit (never-give-up spirit)
3. It's not a waste of time to me. I have learnt a whole lot, especially in problem solving, Algorithms, version control and Linux.
4. I day.
5. What you believe in works for you, I tell myself Alx isn't hard and can't frustrate me, and it works for me. Those that finished the program don't have 2heads.
Also, it's normal for things to seem overwhelming at first, till you get a hang of it.
Based on my personal experience, alx is more time consuming in the first month, and gets easier thereafter

2 Likes

Re: Alx Software Programming by 2Radii: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
Techstar:
2. It depends on how new you're to programming and your grit (never-give-up spirit)
3. It's not a waste of time to me. I have learnt a whole lot, especially in problem solving, Algorithms, version control and Linux.
4. I day.
5. What you believe in works for you, I tell myself Alx isn't hard and can't frustrate me, and it works for me. Those that finished the program don't have 2heads.
Also, it's normal for things to seem overwhelming at first, till you get a hang of it.
Based on my personal experience, alx is more time consuming in the first month, and gets easier thereafter
hello, pls I will surely need ur help since u re still there

I have bn there before but could not cope due to faulty system that one mumu man sold for me but this September own na dye we dey aswear

A don go get better system, load my aim with more data and prepare to burn the candle like the days of old. But still I would need a senior mentor. And it's my pleasure to meet you already.

1 Like

Re: Alx Software Programming by ruqqayah(f): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2022
Techstar:
4. I day.

God bless you dear. Thanks a lot. I was accepted for November Cohort
Re: Alx Software Programming by Mastakija(m): 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
2Radii:
hello, pls I will surely need ur help since u re still there

I have bn there before but could not cope due to faulty system that one mumu man sold for me but this September own na dye we dey aswear

A don go get better system, load my aim with more data and prepare to burn the candle like the days of old. But still I would need a senior mentor. And it's my pleasure to meet you already.
hey bro is it onsite or online?
Re: Alx Software Programming by Mastakija(m): 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2022
ruqqayah:

God bless you dear. Thanks a lot. I was accepted for November Cohort
me too
Re: Alx Software Programming by 2Radii: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
Mastakija:
hey bro is it onsite or online?

Its online learning na
Re: Alx Software Programming by Bugie16: 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2022
Preggymum:
So far so good. Alx has been amazing. I'll encourage everyone with time to join this amazing program. Alx has finally aquired Holberton, I believe you know what that cert with do for you once you complete the program and you're good. Come with me let's do hard things!
Hello, I applied for ALX software engineering and was accepted and will be onboard 14 Nov., I will like to have a knowledge of the stages. Thanks.
Re: Alx Software Programming by incredible2017: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2022
I also got admitted and onboarding will start on Nov 14, don't know if Android phones can be used to run projects, for those without laptop.
Re: Alx Software Programming by frank155(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
Bugie16:
Hello, I applied for ALX software engineering and was accepted and will be onboard 14 Nov., I will like to have a knowledge of the stages. Thanks.

You'll probably start with Bash (Linux shell), then C at least that's where we are now.

September batch.
Re: Alx Software Programming by frank155(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
incredible2017:
I also got admitted and onboarding will start on Nov 14, don't know if Android phones can be used to run projects, for those without laptop.

You can. It'll be stressful, but you can push through.
Re: Alx Software Programming by Bugie16: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2022
frank155:

You'll probably start with Bash (Linux shell), then C at least that's where we are now.

September batch.
That's good. I heard the first month is very challenging, how were you able to pull through?
Re: Alx Software Programming by frank155(m): 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Bugie16:
That's good. I heard the first month is very challenging, how were you able to pull through?

First month is damn choking.
Due to ASUU strike, i had time to concentrate although, i deliberately missed some tasks because they reposted what we had done in the first week.
You'll experience it soon so no need to talk too much.
Re: Alx Software Programming by taotechs(m): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2022
Bugie16:

Hi Bro,
I'm also joining for The next cohort
Can I get your contact

We need motivation for this thing.
Re: Alx Software Programming by taotechs(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2022
incredible2017:

Good
Let's link up
Re: Alx Software Programming by Shutupthere: 9:39am On Nov 08, 2022
i have been unable to pass through the Code of Conduct page for the Nov 14 2022 onboarding currently ongoing. The mail they left had a zoom link to meet with LIVE HELP SUPPORT from 9.00am - 4.00pm EAT. Tried clicking the link for help but there was no zoom ID. Anybody facing the same challenge?
Re: Alx Software Programming by Kachi11061998(m): 2:28am On May 07, 2023
Thank God I saw this here , I have been admitted and am among the May Corhort students .

May God help me cos I am a novice in this tech
Re: Alx Software Programming by Nteogwuija(m): 11:16am On Aug 01, 2023
Kachi11061998:
Thank God I saw this here , I have been admitted and am among the May Corhort students .

May God help me cos I am a novice in this tech

Did they charge you guys administration fees? They say its $400 and $300, depending on the course. Application is open now.

1 Like

Re: Alx Software Programming by Kachi11061998(m): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nteogwuija:

Did they charge you guys administration fees? They say its $400 and $300, depending on the course. Application is open now.

I hv dropped out , it is taking my time n my current job.
Re: Alx Software Programming by otie02: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2023
Jamesfrankly123:
I also got accepted,
James how are you going with the program? Which of the cohorts are you? Can i get your contact?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why So Many Junior Developers Struggle To Get An Opportunity. / How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.