Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine (1383 Views)

Which Filling Station Sells Good Petrol In Your Area? / Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / Smart ForTwo Explodes After Owner Accidentally Fills Air Intake With Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Gud1(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
Greeting great rewires in this forum.

I started having this issue when I ring my T4 Transporter engine, size of the engine is 2.5l. the engine runs well but my mechanic discover that petrol is mixing with the engine oil and he advice I should get a rewire to check it.

About 3 rewires that I call can't dictate the problem, one suggested it could be air flow meter. I changed the flow meter the issue still remain the same.

The other two rewires advice that it's brain box issue, that if I want to be free from the issue I should convert from injector to electrical carburetor since it's 5 Cylinder engine. I did some research on the conversion I saw many who did the conversion were regretting.

Am really confused and need more enlightenment from experience rewires in the house and other T4 users.

I really need your advice on what next to do please.
Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by bluebay(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2022
Take the car for electrical diagnose…The scammer will detect the problem

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Gud1(m): 1:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
bluebay:
Take the car for electrical diagnose…The scammer will detect the problem

Thanks so much for your advice. It's a T4 bus (New vanagon) can it be scan too?
Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by bluebay(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gud1:

Thanks so much for your advice. It's a T4 bus (New vanagon) can it be scan too?
It can be scanned sir … Check under the Steering compartment, there’s a fuse port to insert the scanner

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Dozieson(m): 2:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
How can fuel mix with engine oil?

Fuel injectors and sparks are on the cylinder head.

Does it mean the injectors are leaking?
And the gasket cannot separate the cylinder head from the engine block?
The cylinder head, injectors and the top gasket should be properly checked

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Gud1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dozieson:
How can fuel mix with engine oil?

Fuel injectors and sparks are on the cylinder head.

Dow it mean the injectors are leaking?
And the gasket cannot separate the cylinder head from the engine block?
The cylinder head, injectors and the top gasket should be properly checked

I wonder o. I told the mechanic to recheck he said he has done it well that it's rewire work.

I think I will require the service of another mechanic and rewire to recheck or use the scanner as suggested by the FTC. Thanks
Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Dozieson(m): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2022
Gud1:

I wonder o. I told the mechanic to recheck he said he has done it well that it's rewire work.

I think I will require the service of another mechanic and rewire to recheck or use the scanner as suggested by the FTC. Thanks

Yes use scanner but the mechanic did not do his job properly

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Gud1(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2022
Dozieson:

Yes use scanner but the mechanic did not do his job properly

That I will do thanks alot
Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by homeboy205: 8:10am On Feb 09, 2022
Gud1:

This is just a case of leaking injectors. 1 of them is leaking internally and it is washed down the cylinder bore.

Have all your injectors checked.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Gud1(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2022
homeboy205:

This is just a case of leaking injectors. 1 of them is leaking internally and it is washed down the cylinder bore.

Have all your injectors checked.

Thanks so much, I will also do as you suggested.
Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by sultaan(m): 11:38pm On Feb 11, 2022
Either injector is leaking or misfire scanning is your best option

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by MOTIONTECH(m): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
This one pass my head ooo..... Automotech come check this out.

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Gud1(m): 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thank you all for your response. Am able to get a prefect rewire at obalende who checked and fixed the brain box.

Its brain box fault as two acs got burned inside and he replaced them.

All issues resolved!

The rewire is known and call "Jeje" by name. Am recommending him to anyone having unsettled issue with any volkswagen vehicle.

God bless you all.���

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by Dozieson(m): 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2022
Gud1:
Thank you all for your response. Am able to get a prefect rewire at obalende who checked and fixed the brain box.

Its brain box fault as two acs got burned inside and he replaced them.

All issues resolved!

The rewire is known and call "Jeje" by name. Am recommending him to anyone having unsettled issue with any volkswagen vehicle.

God bless you all.���

Congratulations
Re: Engine Oil Mixing With Petrol In A 5cylinder Engine by excess4luv: 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
I was about to point your attention to brainn box, I have a friend who suffered so much due to this problem, vehicle consumed more fuel, and he was doing oil change every two weeks

(1) (Reply)

Infinity FX Vs Range Rover Sport / Ever Had This Experience, Guys? / Changing Of Engines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.