Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister (1089 Views)

Haliru Bello Wheelchair: Eniola Akinkuotu's Perspective / Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Lai Mohammed For Denying Buhari's 100 Days In Office / PDP Board Of Trustees Appoints Haliru Bello Mohammed, Acting Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by leenu11: 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
I knew from unset that this dispensation would be a bumpy ride,
but i'd like to hear from the "i-voted-for-jonathan-not-pdp"s in the house  grin grin grin

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-nominates-siemens-bribe-taker-haliru-bello-mohammed-minister
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by luluosas(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
That is why no meaningful development will ever come out of this government. A house made up of crooks and thieves.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by OAM4J: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
But let's wait till the list becomes official.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by Musiwa52: 1:21am On Jun 24, 2011
this is one of the problem of nigeria
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by EvilBrain1(m): 1:58am On Jun 24, 2011
I didn't vote for GEJ but let me try and be the devil's advocate:

These allegations are the handiwork of detractors and rabblerousers. Sahara reporters never has anything good to say. He has not been convicted of anything, he is innocent. Anyway, everybody takes bribe, it is normal. Even though he took bribe, he is very sorry and should be forgiven. After all, even our lord jesus christ forgave. Buhari must be behind this! We should all trust Jonathan, he is a good man and he wants the best for this country. Buhari would have appointed bigger thieves if he had won. It's the evil men in PDP that are responsible, don't worry after 2015 we will start seeing the real president Jonathan and things will be different.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by Mtnaija(f): 2:15am On Jun 24, 2011
clearly depicts the minds of half brained PDP apologist. Be ready for zombies that will be calling for your head when their's is filled with muddy water.

Evil Brain:

These allegations are the handiwork of detractors and rabblerousers. Sahara reporters never has anything good to say. He has not been convicted of anything, he is innocent. Anyway, everybody takes bribe, it is normal. Even though he took bribe, he is very sorry and should be forgiven. After all, even our lord jesus christ forgave. Buhari must be behind this! We should all trust Jonathan, he is a good man and he wants the best for this country. Buhari would have appointed bigger thieves if he had won. It's the evil men in PDP that are responsible, don't worry after 2015 we will start seeing the real president Jonathan and things will be different.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by leenu11: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2011
Evil Brain:

grin grin grin Badt guy.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by wesley80(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2011
All the nominees are to be SCREENED by both the SSS and Senate before they become ministers. There's a reason they have to be SCREENED and there's a reason SCREENING is mandatory And that's because the President sometimes has to make nominations based on recommendations therefor these bodies have to do the background checks in the interest of the nation.
There r no saints in govt and Gej wld be a foool to be seeking to assemble a cabinet of saints. Even those nominees we seem to be down with today, the Iweala's, Ezekwesili's and Soludo's still have different levels of question marks hanging around their heads from their previous govt engagements but most importantly there's a threshold that one wld have to surpass to be considered unfit for public office and apart from the little matter of being CONVICTED for a felony, the SSS and the Senate wld have to do their jobs afterall thats what they r paid to do. If the nominee scales these hurdles when u're sure of his unfitness for office, then the names u should be shouting should be those of the SSS director and David Marks.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by leenu11: 9:24am On Jun 24, 2011
@Wesley Snipes: Can you even listen to the thrash u just said?
How can the President even nominate a Felon for a ministerial position?
People don finish for naija ni? shocked shocked shocked

It's people like u that r drawing this nation backwards.

Mumu people.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by wesley80(m): 10:31am On Jun 24, 2011
^^^
My nephew in primary 3 wld comprehend my two paragraphed statement above better than you. Bearded agbaya.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by Akainzo(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2011
wesley80:

All the nominees are to be SCREENED by both the SSS and Senate before they become ministers. There's a reason they have to be SCREENED and there's a reason SCREENING is mandatory And that's because the President sometimes has to make nominations based on recommendations therefor these bodies have to do the background checks in the interest of the nation.
There r no saints in govt and Gej wld be a foool to be seeking to assemble a cabinet of saints. Even those nominees we seem to be down with today, the Iweala's, Ezekwesili's and Soludo's still have different levels of question marks hanging around their heads from their previous govt engagements but most importantly there's a threshold that one wld have to surpass to be considered unfit for public office and apart from the little matter of being CONVICTED for a felony, the SSS and the Senate wld have to do their jobs afterall thats what they r paid to do. If the nominee scales these hurdles when u're sure of his unfitness for office, then the names u should be shouting should be those of the SSS director and David Marks.

In essence you are saying GEJ can be forgiven as he has abdicated his own duties to the SSS and Senate!  shocked Sure you woke up right side today?

The President's nomination by itself speaks volumes about his agenda and what he believes are the top issues for his government. If he starts nominating crooks, then we can only begin to have crooks. When he nominated the woman that couldn't even recite the National Anthem of the country she wants to represent, what happened? The Senate confirmed her on 'Poor Pass' just so that they would not be seen as insulting the President. Or did the SSS not do their background checks on her?

It is time we start having standards and values in this country, and hold our public officers to thos standards. But so long as we let them know that we can accept (or even make) excuses for them, things would not improve.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by leenu11: 11:05am On Jun 24, 2011
Well said Akainzo.
It is mediocres like Wesley Snipes that always make excuses for failed leaders.
I wonder what the future of the Nation is when the Masses know the truth and still defend the ills of corrupt leaders.

Fela said it all: Suffering and Smiling grin
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by wesley80(m): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2011
@Akainzo,

So what makes u think those 'standards and values' can only be set by the presidency? What if the senate and other institutions start doing something too and you and I start picking on other institution that are supposed to reinforce the executive instead of throwing cheap shots at the presidency?

BTW, I do not understand how a SR article qualifies anyone to be called a crook cos like i said, a number of d nominees have question marks on them and i do not need a SR special to realize that but what matters is whether or not their question mark exceeds a certain threshold. Haliru's nomination may not be best, but it might be expedient politically or otherwise.
Re: Jonathan Nominates Siemens Bribe Taker, Haliru Bello Mohammed, For Minister by leenu11: 11:34am On Jun 24, 2011
This guy's case is hopeless cry cry cry SMH

(1) (Reply)

First Asaba 1967 Genocide Memorial / Baba Suwe Yet To Excrete Cocaine, Then no cocaine found in stool. / The Economist On The Myriad Of Problem In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.