Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False (11745 Views)

Festus Akande: News Of The CJN's COVID-19 Positive Status Is A Rumour / Photos From Olusegun Mimiko's Presidential Declaration / Rabiu Kwankwaso's Presidential Declaration In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by iwaeda: 9:31am On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:
Osinbajo himself knows deep down that his presidential bid is dead on Arrival. He just cant bring himself to say I am not contesting but he knows he cant and he knows he cant defeat Tinubu at the primaries. He has no party structure so where is he going to get delegates? even in his own state ogun state, his good friend Dapo abiodun dare not direct Ogun delegates to vote for Osinabjo against Tinubu!!!

I have said it many times, if Tinubu is contesting, it is game over for everybody else especially any aspirants from the SW. When it comes to politics, the fear of Tinubu is the beginning of wisdom! Say what you may about him but when it comes to politics, he is the grandmaster of Nigerian politics....bar none!!! The old guard from AD that were playing politics and held the political structure of the SW before Tinubu was born he has sent into political retirement decades ago and people think it is Osinbajo that has no structure that will defeat him...!

This is not an endorsement of tinubu over osinbajo (or vice versa) it is just the political reality. Osinbajo cannot match Tinubu at the primaries, He cannot even match Orji Kalu or people like Amaechi or Amosun if they decide to contest. Where will Osinbajo get money for delegates? The only way Osinbajo becomes president is if he had the backing of Tinubu. Since Tinubu is contesting Osinbajo's possible candidacy is DOA!! He is probably just keeping quiet hoping those who want him will make enough noise to build a movement, the only problem is that even if they do (which is what is happening) the people who are clamouring for osinbajo making noise up and down, have no delegates in APC and therefore cannot make him the APC candidate.

This is why they say if you want to make a difference go and join a political party so you will have influence on who becomes the party candidate.

TheRaregem1 and co take note: You dont win primaries or elections on Nairaland.

VP will beat BAT angry grin
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2022
iwaeda:

VP will beat BAT angry grin

How? that is the question.....how? I want you to explain....how! Nigerians are too fond of making emotional wishful statements. It is easy to say the VP will defeat Tinubu because you want him to but please explain how the VP will defeat Tinubu in the primaries. I want you to explain how! Please explain your path to the VP overcoming Tinubu at the party primaries. Which party structure does he control, who are the people that control delegates that are in support for him? You see APC party leaders that control delegates in their states in Kano (ganduje), katsina (masarai), Borno (Shettima), Rivers (magnus Abe), etc etc coming out to declare their support for Tinubu, who is in support of Osinbajo that has any delegates under him? Delegates determine the candidate, you can have all the online and placard carrying supporters in the world but if you have no party delegates, you have no primary votes. Why do you think there was so much rancour over the recently concluded party registration exercise? Because he who controls the party at the state level controls the delegates and hence that state's candidate for EVERY post from state house of assembly to president.

In Buhari's own state of katsina, the Governor has declared his support for Tinubu, the deputy governor's wife has already started grassroots campaign for Tinubu .....the video is on twitter. Even in Rivers, I hear people shouting Amaechi, I like Amaechi but the people that control the party structure and delegates in Rivers came out this weekendin a rally to publicly declare they are for Tinubu! Even in his own state of Ogun , the governor dare not tell the delegates to vote against Tinubu because he owes his governorship to Tinubu or have you forgotten the battle with Amosun? And so it is all over the country, there are too many people who owe their political fortunes to Tinubu. lawan is senate president because of Tinubu, Gbaja is speaker because of Tinubu, Ngige was rescued by Tinubu, Amaechi was rescued by Tinubu, Shettima was rescued by Tinubu. Who owes his political fortune to osinbajo that he can call on for support?

I get it, if you had a choice between the 2 you will vote for the VP but it is not your choice to make! So again I ask, please explain where you think Osinbajo will get the delegates that will vote for him at the primaries so that you can then vote for him at the elections.

Dont come here telling us "he will", tell us how!!!!!!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by iwaeda: 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

How? that is the question.....how? I want you to explain....how! Nigerians are too fond of making emotional wishful statements. It is easy to say the VP will defeat Tinubu because you want him to but please explain how the VP will defeat Tinubu in the primaries. I want you to explain how! Please explain your path to the VP overcoming Tinubu at the party primaries. Which party structure does he control, who are the people that control delegates that are in support for him? You see APC party leaders that control delegates in their states in Kano (ganduje), katsina (masarai), Borno (Shettima), Rivers (magnus Abe), etc etc coming out to declare their support for Tinubu, who is in support of Osinbajo that has any delegates under him? Delegates determine the candidate, you can have all the online and placard carrying supporters in the world but if you have no party delegates, you have no primary votes. Why do you think there was so much rancour over the recently concluded party registration exercise? Because he who controls the party at the state level controls the delegates and hence that state's candidate for EVERY post from state house of assembly to president.

In Buhari's own state of katsina, the Governor has declared his support for Tinubu, the deputy governor's wife has already started grassroots campaign for Tinubu .....the video is on twitter. Even in Rivers, I hear people shouting Amaechi, I like Amaechi but the people that control the party structure and delegates in Rivers came out this weekendin a rally to publicly declare they are for Tinubu! Even in his own state of Ogun , the governor dare not tell the delegates to vote against Tinubu because he owes his governorship to Tinubu or have you forgotten the battle with Amosun? And so it is all over the country, there are too many people who owe their political fortunes to Tinubu. lawan is senate president because of Tinubu, Gbaja is speaker because of Tinubu, Ngige was rescued by Tinubu, Amaechi was rescued by Tinubu, Shettima was rescued by Tinubu. Who owes his political fortune to osinbajo that he can call on for support?

I get it, if you had a choice between the 2 you will vote for the VP but it is not your choice to make! So again I ask, please explain where you think Osinbajo will get the delegates that will vote for him at the primaries so that you can then vote for him at the elections.

Dont come here telling us "he will", tell us how!!!!!!
Forget people like Shettima and Jubrin, they have no electoral value grin grin grin grin
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
iwaeda:

Forget people like Shettima and Jubrin, they have no electoral value grin grin grin grin

Did I mention Jibrin? Jibrin is merely a co-ordinator. Kano APC delegates will vote as directed by Ganduje/Shekarau and Ganduje faction which is the recognised faction is for Tinubu. You are dismissing people, which electoral value does osinbajo have in the election that matters...APC primaries?

I think it is clear since you cannot explain how Osinbajo will win the primaries that deep down you know all this noise about osinbajo is nothing but wishful thinking.

name your own people, you cant because there are none, it is the people who are backing osinbajo (at least so far) that have no political value!!

name 1 person who has delegates that is behind Osinbajo!!! You need to understand that there are many people who feel osinbajo is a good choice and would otherwise support him but they will not back osinbajo against Tinubu, which is why i have always maintained that Tinubu has checkmated him and his ambition is DOA!!! the only person that can make Osinbajo president is Tinubu himself.
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

Did I mention Jibrin? Jibrin is merely a co-ordinator. Kano APC delegates will vote as directed by Ganduje/Shekarau and Ganduje faction which is the recognised faction is for Tinubu. You are dismissing people, which electoral value does osinbajo have in the election that matters...APC primaries?

I think it is clear since you cannot explain how Osinbajo will win the primaries that deep down you know all this noise about osinbajo is nothing but wishful thinking.

name your own people, you cant because there are none, it is the people who are backing osinbajo (at least so far) that have no political value!!

name 1 person who has delegates that is behind Osinbajo!!! You need to understand that there are many people who feel osinbajo is a good choice and would otherwise support him but they will not back osinbajo against Tinubu, which is why i have always maintained that Tinubu has checkmated him and his ambition is DOA!!! the only person that can make Osinbajo president is Tinubu himself.

I like your observation, but you are making a mistake you will be surprise osinbajo has more governors on his side than tinubu, you know osinbajo is a silent shooter, to name few, el rufai, lalong, nasarawa gov, bagudu, etc but they ere not making noise about it, talking about kano, so you realise that the recognised faction for now is shekarau's, there are still going to be many surprises in the days coming, I have no problem with tinubu, but I think osinbajo will edge him, unless if he is not contesting.
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 08, 2022
MikoB:

I like your observation, but you are making a mistake you will be surprise osinbajo has more governors on his side than tinubu, you know osinbajo is a silent shooter, to name few, el rufai, lalong, nasarawa gov, bagudu, etc but they ere not making noise about it, talking about kano, so you realise that the recognised faction for now is shekarau's, there are still going to be many surprises in the days coming, I have no problem with tinubu, but I think osinbajo will edge him, unless if he is not contesting.

With due respect, you and I cannot infer from the silence of the people you mention that they are leaning one way or another. They may be for Tinubu they may be for osinbajo, they may be for neither of them. All we know are those who have publicly declared support. In any event if he does declare (i still maintain he wont) he will have some people that will line up behind him but will they be enough to match those who will line up behind Tinubu? He certainly will not get any delegates from the SW. The only place in the Sw that may go against Tinubu is Ekiti but that is only if Fayemi is contesting, if fayemi isnt contesting why would he back Osinbajo?

As for your last statement, I think many of you need to understand the difference between "hope" and "think" Hope is based on blind faith, miracle, prayer etc scenarios where the outcome is out of your control wheras "think" is based on a reasonable expectation based on evidence. "I think" by definition is based on an intellectual "if, then" condition based scenario.

osinabjo is silent because he has no option but to be silent, he has no political structure!!!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

With due respect, you and I cannot infer from the silence of the people you mention that they are leaning one way or another. They may be for Tinubu they may be for osinbajo, they may be for neither of them. All we know are those who have publicly declared support. In any event if he does declare (i still maintain he wont) he will have some people that will line up behind him but will they be enough to match those who will line up behind Tinubu? He certainly will not get any delegates from the SW. The only place in the Sw that may go against Tinubu is Ekiti but that is only if Fayemi is contesting, if fayemi isnt contesting why would he back Osinbajo?

As for your last statement, I think many of you need to understand the difference between "hope" and "think" Hope is based on blind faith, miracle, prayer etc scenarios where the outcome is out of your control wheras "think" is based on a reasonable expectation based on evidence. "I think" by definition is based on an intellectual "if, then" condition based scenario.

osinabjo is silent because he has no option but to be silent, he has no political structure!!!

I think he will contest, osinbajo has really given tinubu alot of respect, imagine if it is someone like fayemi or amosun in his position, they would have sidelined tinubu a long time ago and take the so call structure. Anyway, those govs I mentioned, I am so sure abt them, don't let me deceive you, in South West the only sure govs for tinubu are sanwo olu and oyetola, others are what we call springs! In a free contest the only person that can give tinubu a run for his money is osinbajo even his people know that.
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 08, 2022
MikoB:

I think he will contest, osinbajo has really given tinubu alot of respect, imagine if it is someone like fayemi or amosun in his position, they would have sidelined tinubu a long time ago and take the so call structure. Anyway, those govs I mentioned, I am so sure abt them, don't let me deceive you, in South West the only sure govs for tinubu are sanwo olu and oyetola, others are what we call springs! In a free contest the only person that can give tinubu a run for his money is osinbajo even his people know that.

My friend you are living in fantasy land and i say so with all due respect. I say it again dont confuse people like you and I the ordinary voter with the party men. You may thinking what is best for the country, the party men are thinkg 1st who is best for them and who they owe, who has helped them in the past, who if they help today can help them in the future....and who has such a record!!!! As an anecdote, dont forget, it wasnt Tinubu that removed Ambode, it was the party members. The party memebers told tinubu they dont want Ambode anymore because Ambode did not understand politics and did not settle the party faithful.

With due respect, it is not that Osinbajo is respecting Tinubu, It is too late for respect, he has already disrespected Tinubu he is calculating his next move because he knows his legacy is at stake!!! Unfortunately he has been checkmated. If he were truly respecting Tinubu he would have come out to say he is not contesting. Fayemi and Amosun have structures, Osinbajo has none both want to be president but even they know because they are true politicians that they cannot go against Tinubu....Amosun is still reeling from the humiliation metered out to him in Ogun!!!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

My friend you are living in fantasy land and i say so with all due respect. I say it again dont confuse people like you and I the ordinary voter with the party men. You may thinking what is best for the country, the party men are thinkg 1st who is best for them and who they owe, who has helped them in the past. As an anecdote, dont forget, it wasnt Tinubu that removed Ambode, it was the party members. The party memebers told tinubu they dont want Ambode anymore because Ambode did not understand politics and did not settle the party faithful.
It seems you only understand your own view, there are so many things that matter in politics, this game of throne just didn't start now, it all started since 2015, tinubu really tried he is ruged and smart, but those guys too are all out for tinubu to bring him down, have you forgotten so fast oshiomhole how he was removed, he was removed because of tinubu, the achitects of that removal are still in apc, buhari and Co do not want tinubu, but buhari does not know how to do it, because that is not his way of politics, so some governors were the ones fronting for him, I mean buhari. So ow did osinbajo come in, in all these? tinubu outsmarted them by declaring so early, and they have seen the momentum, obviously they know they can't match him, if they bring someone outside South West, it will be distrastous, there is an adage in yoruba that says, omo ina la man ran si ino, which simply means it's only fire ofspring you can send to fire, that's why they think osinbajo fits the role, I am not saying osinbajo will be the one with 100percent assumption, but I am telling they will not use tinubu but one thing is sure they will use a South westerner, the party might not conduct any primary, they will simply adopt consecus mode of selection. My. Friend we will not die now, let's just be watching, like I said I am not against tinubu, but I like reality!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2022
MikoB:

It seems you only understand your own view, there are so many things that matter in politics, this game of throne just didn't start now, it all started since 2015, tinubu really tried he is ruged and smart, but those guys too are all out for tinubu to bring him down, have you forgotten so fast oshiomhole how he was removed, he was removed because of tinubu, the achitects of that removal are still in apc, buhari and Co do not want tinubu, but buhari does not know how to do it, because that is not his way of politics, so some governors were the ones fronting for him, I mean buhari. So ow did osinbajo come in, in all these? tinubu outsmarted them by declaring so early, and they have seen the momentum, obviously they know they can't match him, if they bring someone outside South West, it will be distrastous, there is an adage in yoruba that says, omo ina la man ran si ino, which simply means it's only fire ofspring you can send to fire, that's why they think osinbajo fits the role, I am not saying osinbajo will be the one with 100percent assumption, but I am telling they will not use tinubu but one thing is sure they will use a South westerner, the party might not conduct any primary, they will simply adopt consecus mode of selection. My. Friend we will not die now, let's just be watching, like I said I am not against tinubu, but I like reality!

Let me say 1st of all that the cabal that was against Tinubu has largely beeen dismantled with the death of Abba Kyari, he was the brains, there is mamman Daura but he is now quite old. Malami who is probably the new face of the cabal is an idiot. They are the ones behind the Jonathan project just to tell you how daft they are. Secondly if the same people in the "cabal" who undermined osinbajo when Buhari was abroad for treatment, sacked his staff, are as you say the ones who are backing osinbajo against Tinubu shouldnt you be worried? think about that for a second. it means 1) they are only fifth columnists 2) they will dispense with him if they get their way. 3) it tells you an Osinbajo presidency will never be a effective presidency because he will not be the one running his government.

like i said, osinbajo has no political structures, he had 2 paths to the presidency 1)backed by Tinubu which has been foreclosed and 2) backed by a cabal that he knows will undermine him. only option 2 is now available to him and it is not guaranteed and it will come with collateral damage to his repoutation and legacy. thats why he cant declare and wont declare!!!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

Let me say 1st of all that the cabal that was against Tinubu has largely beeen dismantled with the death of Abba Kyari, he was the brains, there was another man but he too is now dead, I cant remember his name now, both were very smart intellectuals and politically astute operators but they are both dead now! Malami who is probably the new face of the cabal is an idiot. They are the ones behind the Jonathan project just to tell you how daft they are. Secondly if the same people in the "cabal" who undermined osinbajo when Buhari was abroad for treatment, sacked his staff, are as you say the ones who are backing osinbajo against Tinubu shouldnt you be worried? think about that for a second. it means 1) they are only fifth columnists 2) they will dispense with him if they get their way. 3) it tells you an Osinbajo presidency will never be a effective presidency because he will not be the one running his government.

The cabal! Hmmm, you mean abba kyari and funtua, if I tell you those guys are tinubus' friends, you will be surprised, the game against the VP didn't start today, a day before funtua died, he still spoke to tinubu for many hours, you can go and check the archive where Tinubu spoke about him after his death, I wouldn't lie to you tinubu is in tight corner, there was no cabal when buhari rejected him in 2015,baba akande confirmed this in his book, with the excuse of Muslim Muslim ticket
wouldn't work, the chances of tinubu clitching that ticket is so slim, I am telling you, forget about all those people saying there are many factions in apc, I can tell you categorically, they have only 2 factions, those for tinubu and those against him! Tinubu has come out now, but those against him have not brought out their candidate, and part of the people against him is where we have the president and Co, Osinbajo has 50% chance of being their candidate, and others have 50% shared among themselves. My brother nobody can go into open contest with tinubu in apc, they all know this, and buhari is not obasanjo that will bully the governors to do his biding, that is why I said they will likely adopt consecus form of primaries, the apc secretary now has made a comment about that sometimes last year, the bill over primaries that buhari declined should give you a clue if what I am talking about, life is not fear my brother, people that support tinubu think that will be an open play field, I doubt it my brother, like I said earlier, all fingers crossed. Thanks
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2022
MikoB:

The cabal! Hmmm, you mean abba kyari and funtua, if I tell you those guys are tinubus' friends, you will be surprised, the game against the VP didn't start today, a day before funtua died, he still spoke to tinubu for many hours, you can go and check the archive where Tinubu spoke about him after his death, I wouldn't lie to you tinubu is in tight corner, there was no cabal when buhari rejected him in 2015,baba akande confirmed this in his book, with the excuse of Muslim Muslim ticket
wouldn't work, the chances of tinubu clitching that ticket is so slim, I am telling you, forget about all those people saying there are many factions in apc, I can tell you categorically, they have only 2 factions, those for tinubu and those against him! Tinubu has come out now, but those against him have not brought out their candidate, and part of the people against him is where we have the president and Co, Osinbajo has 50% chance of being their candidate, and others have 50% shared among themselves. My brother nobody can go into open contest with tinubu in apc, they all know this, and buhari is not obasanjo that will bully the governors to do his biding, that is why I said they will likely adopt consecus form of primaries, the apc secretary now has made a comment about that sometimes last year, the bill over primaries that buhari declined should give you a clue if what I am talking about, life is not fear my brother, people that support tinubu think that will be an open play field, I doubt it my brother, like I said earlier, all fingers crossed. Thanks
My friend it is a lose lose for osinbajo and he knows it deep down. The only way he can now become president is backed by the enemies of Tinubu (whoever they are) because he has no base of his own if he wins the election he wont be in control of his government. To make matters worse he will be seen as a judas by a large section of the SW, so it is a lose lose situation for him. IMHO he will eventually come to that conclusion if he hasnt already...he is a smart man!! That is the basis of my position that Osinbajo will not declare!!!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2022
[quote author=perambulator post=110068085]
My friend it is a lose lose for osinbajo and he knows it deep down. The only way he can now become president is backed by the enemies of Tinubu (whoever they are) because he has no base of his own if he wins the election he wont be in control of his government. To make matters worse he will be seen as a judas by a large section of the SW, so it is a lose lose situation for him. IMHO he will eventually come to that conclusion if he hasnt already...he is a smart man!! That is the basis of my position that Osinbajo will not declare!!![/quote

This is what I don't like about oir mentality in africa, if osinbajo contest that means he is a betrayal, I live in france and I also participate in the political dispensation here as a French myself, I remember francois Hollande appointed macron as an adviser and after as a minister, did macron wait for Hollande to decide if he was going for second term before he made his intention known! is it because osinbajo is a nice man, if it was tinubu in his shoes wouldn't he have taken over all the structures on South West if there is any, have you forgotten how sarumi brought tinubu in the 90ties for him to become a senator, tinubu went ahead to contest the 1999 governorship election against the same sarumi, when tinubu became the governor he sidelined the afenifere guys that brought him, we are in for many surprises soon my friend, you talk about South West people will see him as a betrayal, I can bet you osinbajo is popular among many yorubas, does a tree make a forest, who are the people tinubu relies on? The governors and some political appointees, that is the structure, and I am telling you now categorically, there are many governors and political appointees loyal to osinbajo as well, but they are not pronounced because osinbajo is still the sitting VP, if he behaves like tinubu it will be as if he is outshining his boss without respect, just wait my friend, by this time next month it will be clearer,dont misquote me, I am not saying it with affirmative that is going to be osinbajo, but most likely it will not be tinubu, but someone from South West. Thanks
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

My friend it is a lose lose for osinbajo and he knows it deep down. The only way he can now become president is backed by the enemies of Tinubu (whoever they are) because he has no base of his own if he wins the election he wont be in control of his government. To make matters worse he will be seen as a judas by a large section of the SW, so it is a lose lose situation for him. IMHO he will eventually come to that conclusion if he hasnt already...he is a smart man!! That is the basis of my position that Osinbajo will not declare!!!

This is what I don't like about our mentality in africa, if osinbajo contest that means he is a betrayal, I live in france and I also participate in the political dispensation here as a French myself, I remember francois Hollande appointed macron as an adviser and after as a minister, did macron wait for Hollande to decide if he was going for second term before he made his intention known! is it because osinbajo is a nice man, if it was tinubu in his shoes wouldn't he have taken over all the structures on South West if there is any, have you forgotten how sarumi brought tinubu in the 90ties for him to become a senator, tinubu went ahead to contest the 1999 governorship election against the same sarumi, when tinubu became the governor he sidelined the afenifere guys that brought him, we are in for many surprises soon my friend, you talk about South West people will see him as a betrayal, I can bet you osinbajo is popular among many yorubas, does a tree make a forest, who are the people tinubu relies on? The governors and some political appointees, that is the structure, and I am telling you now categorically, there are many governors and political appointees loyal to osinbajo as well, but they are not pronounced because osinbajo is still the sitting VP, if he behaves like tinubu it will be as if he is outshining his boss without respect, just wait my friend, by this time next month it will be clearer,dont misquote me, I am not saying it with affirmative that is going to be osinbajo, but most likely it will not be tinubu, but someone from South West. Thanks
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 08, 2022
MikoB:

This is what I don't like about our mentality in africa, if osinbajo contest that means he is a betrayal, I live in france and I also participate in the political dispensation here as a French myself, I remember francois Hollande appointed macron as an adviser and after as a minister, did macron wait for Hollande to decide if he was going for second term before he made his intention known! is it because osinbajo is a nice man, if it was tinubu in his shoes wouldn't he have taken over all the structures on South West if there is any, have you forgotten how sarumi brought tinubu in the 90ties for him to become a senator, tinubu went ahead to contest the 1999 governorship election against the same sarumi, when tinubu became the governor he sidelined the afenifere guys that brought him, we are in for many surprises soon my friend, you talk about South West people will see him as a betrayal, I can bet you osinbajo is popular among many yorubas, does a tree make a forest, who are the people tinubu relies on? The governors and some political appointees, that is the structure, and I am telling you now categorically, there are many governors and political appointees loyal to osinbajo as well, but they are not pronounced because osinbajo is still the sitting VP, if he behaves like tinubu it will be as if he is outshining his boss without respect, just wait my friend, by this time next month it will be clearer,dont misquote me, I am not saying it with affirmative that is going to be osinbajo, but most likely it will not be tinubu, but someone from South West. Thanks

My friend you are not in France this is Nigeria, this is Africa or did you not get the memo that colonisation has ended? They have same sex marraige in france, are you saying we should legalise same sex marraige here too? I really cannot stand it when people start to say this is how they do in the west, especially when it comes to how we organise our society, we are not french British or maericans...we are Nigerians!!!!! for God's sake this is not france, we are different people, we have different cultures!!! If you are looking for me to change my position, it wont happen, i have told you my position, i have also made my prediction.....Osinbajo will destroy his legacy, as far as I am concerned it is a betrayal and if he declares, but even putting the moral argument to one side, if he wins he still loses because he will be a puppet of the cabal without the political backing of Tinubu and he wont be able to deliver the expectatiuons of his supporters as he wont be the one running his government, they have already given him a taste of what is to come. You have said yours also, let's agree to disagree and see what happens. It is a free world he is free to declare and contest....everybody is free even Dele Momodu.

As you know we say omo alaigboran that refuses to take good advice from his own people at home prefering the sweet words of encouragement and deceit of "awon olote", will learn his lessons the harsh way from outsiders!

c'est fini!!
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

My friend you are not in France this is Nigeria, this is Africa or did you not get the memo that colonisation has ended? They have same sex marraige in france, are you saying we should legalise same sex marraige here too? I really cannot stand it when people start to say this is how they do in the west, especially when it comes to how we organise our society, we are not french British or maericans...we are Nigerians!!!!! for God's sake this is not france, we are different people, we have different cultures!!! If you are looking for me to change my position, it wont happen, i have told you my position, i have also made my prediction.....Osinbajo will destroy his legacy, as far as I am concerned it is a betrayal and if he declares, but even putting the moral argument to one side, if he wins he still loses because he will be a puppet of the cabal without the political backing of Tinubu and he wont be able to deliver the expectatiuons of his supporters as he wont be the one running his government, they have already given him a taste of what is to come. You have said yours also, let's agree to disagree and see what happens. It is a free world he is free to declare and contest....everybody is free even Dele Momodu.

As you know we say omo alaigboran that refuses to take good advice from his own people at home prefering the sweet words of encouragement and deceit of "awon olote", will learn his lessons the harsh way from outsiders!

c'est fini!!

Everyone of us agree, that when it comes to governance we Africans are still lacking behind, so if you want to be the best you will have to compete with the best, they are so many other areas that we africans are far better than the the Europeans or Caucasians, like the area you just mentioned morality and culture, Africa culture to me is the best, but when it comes to governance we are far behind, so many factors can be the cause, let's leave that for another day,we need to copy good things across the ocean, when this guy ruled nigeria the time buhari was on sick leave, everybody could testified over the differences he made in governance, its obvious he got balls, that guy is not a push over as you insinuated that some cabal will control him far from it, Mon frère. Like you said let's wait and see
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
MikoB:

Everyone of us agree, that when it comes to governance we Africans are still lacking behind, so if you want to be the best you will have to compete with the best, they are so many other areas that we africans are far better than the the Europeans or Caucasians, like the area you just mentioned morality and culture, Africa culture to me is the best, but when it comes to governance we are far behind, so many factors can be the cause, let's leave that for another day,we need to copy good things across the ocean, when this guy ruled nigeria the time buhari was on sick leave, everybody could testified over the differences he made in governance, its obvious he got balls, that guy is not a push over as you insinuated that some cabal will control him far from it, Mon frère. Like you said let's wait and see

My friend the reason we lack behind in governance is that we keep trying to foist western ways of governance on ourselves. Western governance works because there is trust among an enlightened and largely homogeneous population. Africans don’t trust themselves because most of us are artificial countries of different tribes and religions with inherent distrust. Our people are also too uneducated to adopt a western style democracy so the enlightened elite exploit the people.

Certain countries cannot western democracies and need to be run by strong men, others need to be confederations. You cannot impose western style democracies on uneducated or half educated unenlightened people who do not understand the political process or the power of their vote. The Osibanjo we are talking about is a good example. Everybody is shouting Osibanjo but they have no say in the process that will emerge him as a candidate. The same so called educated Youths protesting endsars who make up 70% of the population instead of them to organize themselves and form their own grassroots movement like the founding fathers of the country did in their youth are on nairaland arguing over expired old politicians. It just tells you the African is not mentally sophisticated enough to handle democracy. It just shows you education I. Africa does not mean enlightenment. It just shows you the system was not designed for the African psyche!!! So stop telling us about France….all of us have CNN!!!

This is why I personally do not care who becomes president because it will not change the downward trajectory of the country. I just enjoy the power play. If truth be told and I have said this many times and if we are truly enlightened people, Nigeria needs a character like El rufai. Because what Nigeria really needs is restructuring and only an enlightened northerner can structure Nigeria. Osinbajo of all people cannot even restructure his own state…. You need to be a political heavyweight to restructure Nigeria and let’s not kid ourselves, Unless Nigeria is restructured we are just going downhill slowly but surely.
Re: Laolu Akande: News Of Osibanjo's Presidential Declaration Is False by MikoB: 9:19pm On Feb 08, 2022
perambulator:

My friend the reason we lack behind in governance is that we keep trying to foist western ways of governance on ourselves. Western governance works because there is trust among an enlightened and largely homogeneous population. Africans don’t trust themselves because most of us are artificial countries of different tribes and religions with inherent distrust. Our people are also too uneducated to adopt a western style democracy so the enlightened elite exploit the people.

Certain countries cannot western democracies and need to be run by strong men, others need to be confederations. You cannot impose western style democracies on uneducated or half educated unenlightened people who do not understand the political process or the power of their vote. The Osibanjo we are talking about is a good example. Everybody is shouting Osibanjo but they have no say in the process that will emerge him as a candidate. The same so called educated Youths protesting endsars who make up 70% of the population instead of them to organize themselves and form their own grassroots movement like the founding fathers of the country did in their youth are on nairaland arguing over expired old politicians. It just tells you the African is not mentally sophisticated enough to handle democracy. It just shows you education I. Africa does not mean enlightenment. It just shows you the system was not designed for the African psyche!!! So stop telling us about France….all of us have CNN!!!

This is why I personally do not care who becomes president because it will not change the downward trajectory of the country. I just enjoy the power play. If truth be told and I have said this many times and if we are truly enlightened people, Nigeria needs a character like El rufai. Because what Nigeria really needs is restructuring and only an enlightened northerner can structure Nigeria. Osinbajo of all people cannot even restructure his own state…. You need to be a political heavyweight to restructure Nigeria and let’s not kid ourselves, Unless Nigeria is restructured we are just going downhill slowly but surely.

I don't like argument my friend, mature people don't argue to win but argue to make a point, I respect your point, let's leave it. All I want is the best for naija, none of us is God, so don't assume someone can do this or that, I only spoke well of osinbajo because of what he did the little time he acted, he might get there tomorrow and dissapoint, nobody is God not even tinubu, dont overate human being! I know we all have access to cnn, I only made mention of france just to sight an example, I am a full blooded naija that's why I am so concerned about what is going on in naija. I rest my pen, good night and God bless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Public Relations School In Nasarawa Commissioned (Photos) / Joe Igbokwe: IPOB A Branch Of PDP Behind Insecurity In South East / Peter Obi: 2023 Will Be About Competence, Character, Commitment, Not Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.