Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! (2942 Views)

Guys Plz Help!! I Can't Find My Recent Posts On Nairaland / Google It: 20 Questions Google Can And Can't Answer / Do You Think You're Goodlooking? Come Here And Find Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by hotangel2(f): 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2006
Don't You Just Hate It When You Are Looking For Something And Can't Find It?

I seriously just want to Run down the whole HOUSE! I've been looking for my remote control for hours now and i can't find it. The Dvd won't Play unless i use the remote control to click "select". Where the fxck is the remote control?!!!!

Is it just me or do y'all also hate it when you are looking for something and you can't find it? My dad said i must have threw it somewhere with my left hand. What the fxck does that mean?? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I need to look for it now, it better SHOW up!!!
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Outkast(f): 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2006
i was looking for a necklace my cousin gave me, i looked for it everywhere a year later, do you know where I found it?
My mother's jewelry box you know what she tells me, "I thought you knew" I announced to the whole house i was looking for it
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by rikkyjen(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2006
When looking for an object is always d time i wish d objects were living things that could mutter my name and call me to their fxcking attention.
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by hotangel2(f): 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2006
You are soo damn right about that rikkyjen.

I found my remote control, it was no where in my room. It was amongst the cloths i took out for laundry this morning. Right now, i've scatterd my roomm soo much that im soo pissed, and i hate seeing my room looking like THIS! I saw the remote and i almost crushed it.

This one time i was looking for my chanel necklace. Oh my fxcking goodness. I almost cried. Check everywhere. I sat down to think cos i couldn't find it. I was like, I just hope it didn't fall off on my way out or something. Goodness i almost cried. I checked everywhere check-able I couldn't even tell my dad about it, because he bought it for me. CHANEL for fxcks sake, who misplaces that! I cried so hard, but i found it latter in my drawer, where my undies are. I was soo happy, but i just kept saying FXCK!.
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by AbbeyMarie(f): 6:02am On Feb 17, 2006
I loose everything. My homework, backpack, purse, my clothes, my books, the track of time, the remote, my mind, and sanity.

Usually what I do is think. "Ok, When was the last time I saw it?" and then i got back to where ever that was. and think "What did I do next?" and go follow my steps, continuesly thinking, "where else could I possibly have put it?"

One wierd thing i do, is pick stuff up w/o even realizing it. Like, I'm in a class, and we're working on a sheet of paper, and suddenly the person next to me is like, "Abbey Marie, Do you have my paper?" and i say, "Probably." and i look in my folder, and WAH-LAH! There is their sheet. I just pick stuff up, put it in my pocket/folder/other random compartment.

It's weird because if i do that, i unconsioulsy move things too, and don't realize it, so i loose them really easily.
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Seun(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2006
I can lose a key or small object in 15 seconds:

I hide it somewhere safe and then promptly forget to note the location. 15 seconds later, I'm asking myself, "where did I put that key?"
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by chrisd(m): 6:31pm On Feb 18, 2006
Looking for the remote for hours eh. Perhaps it's in the fridge. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 22, 2006
I have kept my phone and i didnt remember where it was again
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Seun(m): 11:11am On Feb 22, 2006
That happens to me a lot. When it does, I usually have to call the phone but at times the battery will be dead and for days I may not know where my phone is!
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by luridguy(m): 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2006
yesterday i was about to go out infact i was locking the door when the phone rang so i left the key at the door and went to answere the phone well it happend to be a long distance call and i was talking for some time anyway by the i time i dropped the phone guess what i started looking for my key ARGH!!!!!!!!!! i spent an hour looking for a key that was at the door embarassed by the time i found it i was wishing the key could feel pain so i could give it a good spanking
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Tetris(f): 1:46pm On Feb 22, 2006
you usuallly find it in the last place you looked, so i guess you start searching there and save you a lot of stress and time cheesy
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by axeprince(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2006
I feel you guyz there, it could be damn frustrating.

One minute, it's with you, then next, you are a confused fool.

You don't want to loose your sanity? Get a Property Tracking Tool, grin, and Tag yourself, just in case,
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by kimba(m): 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2006
when im looking for something and cant find it, i usually abandon the search and cool off. take some coke/fanta, cool off and get my mind settled. Later when i return to search, i usually find it in places ive searched before.

but as a technicaly guru, there might not be any time to always cool off. so heres my wish: that i can have everything in my how to use an IP address, i mean from my clothes to my bed, even food sef, if possible, so that i can just ping for example, im looking for my black pen, "ping black pen" and that the result could show me the object like a picture, so ill know where it is, if its totally lost, then my ping would result in errors

weird?
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Tetris(f): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2006
kimba:

, but as a technicaly guru, there might not be any time to always cool off. so heres my wish: that i can have everything in my how to use an IP address, i mean from my clothes to my bed, even food sef, if possible, so that i can just ping for example, im looking for my black pen, "ping black pen" and that the result could show me the object like a picture, so ill know where it is, if its totally lost, then my ping would result in errors

weird?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
now wouldn't that be bunches useful!
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by lioness(f): 10:12am On Feb 23, 2006
Honestly, it can get crazy when ur looking for something and you dont know where the heck it is. I remember one time i lost my mobile & i just called the number with my landline. I followed the ring tone and found it in the guest toilet.  undecided  That was easy.
But this "wonderful" day i had an interview and i had to wear  a brown shoe cos i already had my brown outfit ready. Then came the morning of the interview, i got dressed, had like an hour to catch the bus and all. Lo & behold,  lipsrsealed I cldnt find the other leg of my shoe. Oh My! u should have seen me. I searched & i searched until i started crying. I quickly got a black shoe and went off.
I was so happy i made the interview, i didnt think of the shoe. That evening, i was going to get my scanner going and there is was, the missing leg, behind my computer all covered with the pc cable.  CRAP!!! grin grin grin
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by shockreaction(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2006
Uh, your DVD Player can't play without the remote? Wait, what?!
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by abuguy64(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2006
Yeah,this thread has indeed made me laugh so hard and so much.Hahahahahahaha.
It can be quite a nightmare to "loose" things, only to find them later in the most unlikely place.
I remember looking everywhere for the key to my home,only to "find" my keyholder hanging on my left index finger. Quite frustrating as I must have spent more than an hour ranting and raving,and praying that someone had not taken it to steal some money I had inside! what a laugh.
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Skidoc(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2006
shockreaction:

Uh, your DVD Player can't play without the remote? Wait, what?!

Uh oh, I wonder what sort of Aba-made DVD player is that. grin
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by TESS75(f): 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2006
Pray to St Anthony patron of lost things it works
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2006
How can one do that?
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by SvS(f): 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2006
i dont think thats treue.if u have misplasced something,look 4 it.there is no mystery person dat will tell u where it is
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by eveseh(f): 4:15pm On May 20, 2006
i hate itm,it pissed me up really bad
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by lioness(f): 9:00am On May 22, 2006
St Anthony, pls bring back one boy i used to love but lost him. He is somewhere in alabama. grin grin

hope it works
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by mamaput(f): 11:18am On May 22, 2006
One fine day we were all still in our mums house.
my mum had just got a new scissors from her mum(German scissors in Nigeria) anyway she could not find it and made us all look for it.
So we looked turned the whole house upside down (mum was sitting on the couch) even dad looked.
she made us look again so we looked again .
Then we asked her to stand up because the only place we had not looked was were she was sitting . She refused. My dad asked her to stand up she refused and insulted us all what wicked kids we were to take the present from her mum. my dad begged her to stand up she stood and guess what.

She just smiled
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by mamaput(f): 11:22am On May 22, 2006
There was a time i lost somany things i have forgotten what but one day i found everything all on the same day.

And once after having a baby i did not fitinto my cloths for sometime almost 2 years later i put on this pair of shorts ,put my hands in the pocket and felt something it was 300 then DM. almost 150€
Re: When You're Looking For Something And Can't Find It! by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2006
i just get so annoyed and fustrated. sad

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Here Are So Annoying Instead Of Giving Advise And Help? / Another Great Lost Nollywood Actor Kelvin Ikeduba Involve In Car Accident / Whats Going On In Nigeria Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.