Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,855 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant (16185 Views)

Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Picture Of Jarus Meeting Super Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by otipoju(m): 6:17am On Feb 08, 2022
pargelenis:
OK … very good points.
The real test is coming up next month … should be a good game. I believe Ghana tried to get Rohr but he has declined.

Prolly wanted him as interim because he knows the Nigerian team really well. And he did not want to be seen as a traitor after coaching Nigeria for six years.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Doyou2019: 6:32am On Feb 08, 2022
Penguin2:
Finally there is no Ike Shorunmu.

That guy has always been on coaching list since time immemorial.

I hate that Salisu is still with the Eagles. That niggar was fingered in a bribery scandal and banned less than 6years ago. . For Christ's sakes, aren't there other coaches, of integrity, that could take up that assistant coach spot? NFF tolerates this nonsense because it is a fantastically corrupt football body itself.

Corrupt Nigeria - Recycling corrupt coaches like we continue to recycle corrupt politicians. Yuk!

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Doyou2019: 6:42am On Feb 08, 2022
BabaO2:
I fear this country, always too envious of little achievements of other countries without knowing how those countries attained their present position. NFF is now confused of the right thing to do because of the achievement of Aliou Cisse of senegal. Why creating redundancy roles for both eguavon and amunike? Why can't they name Eguavon for the substantive role and allow him to select his backroom staff either within the country or from outside the country.
Same way they wanted American democracy without understanding what american democracy and politics is all about. They wanted young president because of the likes of Emmanuel Macron without understanding it us not about Macron but about a working and guiding constitution
grin

A Tinubu supporter through and through. grin grin They ain't hard to tell. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:03am On Feb 08, 2022
mancoconut:
All these confusing terminologies, abeg in layman's term... is Eguavoen the head coach or Amunike?

Amunike is the head coach.

But Egueaveon is the head of the coaching crew.

In times past, NFF used to elect foreign coaches as technical advisers, and Nigerian coaches as head coach. The foreigner will just be collecting salary for free, while the head coach does all the work. In the end, when there is success, the foreign technical adviser takes all the credit.

So, if you think of it that way, Egueaveon's role will be about the technical aspect of the job, such as recommending players, scouting, etcetera.

Amunike is the real coach.

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 08, 2022
pargelenis:
Ok, so no José Peseiro as manager? Bold move …

Ya
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 08, 2022
pargelenis:
Ok, so no José Peseiro as manager? Bold move …
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Tzar(m): 7:09am On Feb 08, 2022
Very reactive! They were bent on getting a foreign coach until Senegal won the nation’s cup with a local coach who groomed his team through wins and loses for 10years.
These Nigerian leaders and heads just collect huge money without the capacity to be strategic thinkers.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Xscape1993(m): 7:10am On Feb 08, 2022
mancoconut:
All these confusing terminologies, abeg in layman's term... is Eguavoen the head coach or Amunike?
Nigerians and English my dear.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by koning: 7:21am On Feb 08, 2022
Make either of them the head coach.

NO MORE THIRD RATE AND JOBLESS EUROPEANS as Nigerian head coach.

We don pass dat level.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 08, 2022
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 08, 2022
Penguin2:
Finally there is no Ike Shorunmu.

That guy has always been on coaching list since time immemorial.

Is this what you have to say about this great news? Na wa o!
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Wasky101: 7:52am On Feb 08, 2022
Eastlink:
Nice. I won’t judge a coach with a short stint of 1 month. It was obvious the coach Eguavoen needed time to understand his players and make them play to different tactics. This we saw in the AFCON. Eguavoen is sound and plays the Westerhoff system only that he needed a technical assistant to help him. The appointment of Amuneke is a right step in the right direction. Soar Super Eagles.

Eguavoen and Amuneke is a top combo. Wishing them all the best. And kudos to Pininick for convincing Amuneke.
Westerhoff system in 2022, we are not ready yet.
Truth is I didn't even see any system but if you saw westerhoff system then let's just forget about the world cup

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by aikyg(m): 7:53am On Feb 08, 2022
If Eguavoen was a foreign coach will you hire him for your country? Tha man has not shown his capabilities with other teams. Why is he there? Super Eagles has now become like the Nigerian Senate where people go to retire.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by ericmor: 7:53am On Feb 08, 2022
It should have been the other way round, amunike head coach and egu efo the assistance cus that one that lost to Tunisia is technically decline

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by yomi531(m): 7:53am On Feb 08, 2022
Nice one. We should stop wasting money on foreign coaches. All the coaches that have won the world cup, are indigenous coaches of their countries. It has always be constant like constant (K)
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by QuinModah(f): 7:55am On Feb 08, 2022
Have you noticed that a Bronze medalist is always happier than a Silver medalist at the end of the game?

It is not incidental finding, but a proven fact in many research studies after studying the reactions of Silver medalists and Bronze medalists.
Yesterday Cameroon won the third place match (bronze) on penalties and were jubilating. Today, Egypt lost the final on penalties to Senegal and were crying.
Ideally, a Silver medalist should be happier than a Bronze medalist, but the human mind doesn't work like mathematics.

This happens because of the phenomenon known as COUNTERFACTUAL THINKING.

The Silver medalist thinks, "Oh, I couldn't win the Gold medal. Why couldn't I win the Gold medal?"

The Bronze medalist thinks, "At least I got a medal!"

Silver medal is won after losing, but Bronze medal is won after winning!

This also happens in our life.

We don't appreciate what we have, but feel sad about what we don't have.

Let us be grateful for our blessings because they far outweigh our problems, if we start counting.

Life is, after all, full of choices.

*Learn to always count your blessings to stay positive and motivated!*

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by juman(m): 7:58am On Feb 08, 2022
One of them should be the main coach.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:06am On Feb 08, 2022
I WISH YOU GUYS WELL AND I URGE YOU NOT TO FOLLOW SIASIA FOOTSTEPS .
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by jaxxy(m): 8:14am On Feb 08, 2022
I like that we are believing in our ex international coaches and imputing the right hands let’s hope they get the technical dept and inspiration to the new super eagles.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Iamthoney(m): 8:16am On Feb 08, 2022
NFF knows what they are doing. If Nigeria eventually qualifies for the World Cup Peseiro will be signed and he will be the one to coach them at the World Cup

Ittz a simple sturvs
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by gentleguy1975: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2022
So,NFF get general secretary? I remember the days of sani toro as general secretary,he was very active and call the shots!
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by warlordd(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2022
mancoconut:

Eguavoen is the boss, however he is on interim basis and so could be axed at anytime if he's found wanting, and if that happens, Amunike will take over.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Pootle: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2022
and a Portuguese will be there boss. this senior men, a white was an assistant to the Senegalese coach. we jus keep serving this foreigners down here that why we always import shit
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by colossus91(m): 11:43am On Feb 08, 2022
This should not be mistaken for the team coach of the super eagles oo….
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by aribisala0(m): 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2022
Let them pay them well just like Rohr
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by pargelenis(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2022
otipoju:
Prolly wanted him as interim because he knows the Nigerian team really well. And he did not want to be seen as a traitor after coaching Nigeria for six years.
I am glad he declined because it was a bad look optically. Nigeria and Rohr had good times in the past and achieved success, there was no need for him to be spiteful.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by TheOgaBoss: 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
danowena:
This is good news. Their combo is good . I just hope NFF will pay their salaries on time.
The Senegal win has shown that indigenous coaches can do it rather than some third grade white coaches that do not have the interest of the country at heart.
the Senegalese coach has been in charge for close to 8 years, the key to building a team is patience, hope Nigerians can be patient. Congrats to Eguavoen and Amunike.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by TheCongo2: 3:23pm On Feb 08, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
the Senegalese coach has been in charge for close to 8 years, the key to building a team is patience, hope Nigerians can be patient. Congrats to Eguavoen and Amunike.

That is the reason why I always believe you should have given 10 years to the late Keshi.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by Aaae: 4:25pm On Feb 08, 2022
Why
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by frog12: 5:56pm On Feb 08, 2022
na former senegalese player coach senegal

otipoju:

As players, these two were better than Poseiro.
As coaches, they have achieved more than Poseiro.

I am not against foreign coaches, but dont go and bring one grade D coach with no pedigree nor acumen to coach a whole Super Eagles. We should go for the best coaches available and not men like Bora Milutinovic, Berti Vogts, Phillip Trousier, Lars Lagarback, Genet Rohr, Jose Peseiro who are top tier coaches in thier Continent.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by frog12: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2022
no, they have to work as a team

oxygeng:
Too many cooks spoil the broth. All I see is a factionalised team; with Amunike having a camp of his loyalist and Eguavoen having his own. Even the Salisu and Co will not be left out. I think Amaju lacks the intellectual tenet to function in the capacity he has been task with. His types can do well as a hype man or kegite patron or NURTW Chairman. No sane country would leave such a sensitive position with a myopic minded person. He is just for the gallery. My point is, it's either Amunike or Eguavoen.
Re: Super Eagles: NFF appoints Eguavoen, Amuneke as Technical Adviser & Assistant by frog12: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2022
you no read well. there is NO coach. they are just casual advisers. they are waiting for the permanent foreign coach.,

BluntTheApostle:

Amunike is the head coach.

But Egueaveon is the head of the coaching crew.

In times past, NFF used to elect foreign coaches as technical advisers, and Nigerian coaches as head coach. The foreigner will just be collecting salary for free, while the head coach does all the work. In the end, when there is success, the foreign technical adviser takes all the credit.

So, if you think of it that way, Egueaveon's role will be about the technical aspect of the job, such as recommending players, scouting, etcetera.

Amunike is the real coach.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambition Made Me Leave Chelsea For Arsenal- David Luiz / CAF Confedrations Cup: Enyimba Stranded In Casablanca, May Miss Al Ittihad Clash / NFF Call On Police To Help Kanu Recover Stolen Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.