Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop (4442 Views)

Game Shop Owners, Kindly Come In Here / I Want To Sell My Game Gadget... Bend Down Select!!! / Hello Naija Make Una Download My Game Abeg, Word Connect : Word Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by crafteck(m): 5:31pm On May 05, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:

Fair enough, but I have a number of challenges
1. Parents
2. Location ( I was so silly to locate it in a market) and I had paid for it b4 I realised my error.
3. The idiots around my shop are the greenest snitches I have ever seen. They see a child coming out of my shop, if they recognise the kid, they go tell his parents. I have stopped greeting them. Fxck them
4. Generator, thankfully I just got a new one, the old one ate my pocket finish.
5. I need more games, I am stuck with 2 Ps2 games and 1 ps3. I need to buy more ps3 ps4 and xbox...
6. Space, the shop is too small, I don't know what I was thinking to collect that cave and pay rent
7. Fluctuations in return. Some days i make about 5k while some days I pray to see 2k...
8. Basically I need growth from that shop, I need to grow from there to another place and make good money. But with all these listed points I am sure not to make the same mistakes again. I have just been there 2/3 months and I am hoping to get some funds to move out from there. I no need to finish my rent.
9. If you feel it in your heart to support me kindly do so.
Access Bank account
AYOMIDE DAVID Agwabor

With inverter, you wont on gen unless its worth it, im not sure about the area but with time and policy adjustments, you will grow it to 10/15 daily, confirm if there are competitors around, adjust your price or game time to beat them, anyone who brings a new customer for you get to play up to 5 free games with the customer, only the customer pays for his game
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by leopower(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2022
Dis is d only thing am left to install, d inverter bill am getting to install is 2.4kva ok inverter is killing.
D monitor I got cannot work for my PS2 as those monitor don't have AV but HDMI, so I av to buy 22tv inch tv.
Am 5 days old in d business and I av bought additional 2 PS2 to make 4, as d demand for dat was high, I av 1 PS4 and 3 PS3.
My gamers will not go home until I beg dem I need to close and to home for 11pm fah.
Dey love d place compare to others around cos I really went round checking other game house so I can put in place what dey don't have.
crafteck:

With inverter, you wont on gen unless its worth it, im not sure about the area but with time and policy adjustments, you will grow it to 10/15 daily, confirm if there are competitors around, adjust your price or game time to beat them, anyone who brings a new customer for you get to play up to 5 free games with the customer, only the customer pays for his game

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by leopower(m): 2:59pm On May 06, 2022
leopower:
Dis is d only thing am left to install, d inverter bill am getting to install is 2.4kva ok inverter is killing.
D monitor I got cannot work for my PS2 as those monitor don't have AV but HDMI, so I av to buy 22tv inch tv.
Am 5 days old in d business and I av bought additional 2 PS2 to make 4, as d demand for dat was high, I av 1 PS4 and 3 PS3.
My gamers will not go home until I beg dem I need to close and to home for 11pm fah.
Dey love d place compare to others around cos I really went round checking other game house so I can put in place what dey don't have.

Pics below

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by leopower(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2022
leopower:

Pics below

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by leopower(m): 3:04pm On May 06, 2022
Most thks to @crafteck for his continue support and advises.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by crafteck(m): 9:09pm On May 06, 2022
leopower:

Inverter is about 70 to 100k,toks battery 70kx2,new 130x2,its just the first rush, dont let them steal things, dont get to playful with them, concentrate on their comfort and security, not adding more games alone, are the fans enough? Do these so you can maintain your customers after d first rush

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by crafteck(m): 9:11pm On May 06, 2022
leopower:
Most thks to @crafteck for his continue support and advises.

Uw boss
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by ToyBoyAaron(m): 7:28am On May 07, 2022
leopower:
Nice case study
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Mrgamer: 3:24pm On May 08, 2022
Love the support and unity here
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Emeka71(m): 3:50pm On May 08, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
Your ideas are needed please ooo
People don't usually play those kind of games any longer ; people now play bet9ja.
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by ToyBoyAaron(m): 11:25pm On May 08, 2022
Emeka71:
People don't usually play those kind of games any longer ; people now play bet9ja.
You're speaking for yourself

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Emeka71(m): 3:07pm On May 09, 2022
ToyBoyAaron:

You're speaking for yourself
Anyhow sha.
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by leopower(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2022
Emeka71:
pple play bet cos of reward it comes with.
for entertainment, gamers still play till date.
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by ToyBoyAaron(m): 9:16am On May 11, 2022
leopower:

Now imagine joining the two... That's what keeps yours interesting and different.. Reward your gamers even with virtual stuff that they can't win just like in lottery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Emeka71(m): 11:24am On May 13, 2022
leopower:

True anyway.
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Josoto: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2022
Dude, that's a great idea! You can still make money on this in 2023, as there are a lot of people who prefer to go outside, go to the store the old-fashioned way and buy a game. I'm one of those people. And do you know what else I would appreciate? If there were a couple of devices in the store with access to the Internet where you can go to such service sites as those listed here farmingless.com and buy/sell something (like a skin, item). That would be great because paid items are one of the most important components of any game.
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by olatunyemi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Married2Crypto:
Get a good shop location dat is strategically closer to a local market or community garage park or not far from a day-public sec. school. Not neccessarily an open and obvious shop, jst any cornershop one can easily walk into, not d ones in upstairs Ooo! If u hav good n frequent nepa d beta and less stress on your 1.5+kva gen. Lutan or fireman brand & one mini industrial standing fan ox or nexus brand. Neatly used or new wat ever ur budget may be and most importantly a thicker chain to lock d gen to an anchor inside d shop always after d close of business day. Start with two tv at least 27 inches & two ps3 consoles but as time goes add another ps3 & tv too (always do crowd control esp. to kids age 9-15, once dey are done playing, somehow drive dem harshly to go home dat u dont want crowd in here (trust me, dey ll always be back nex time again) Depending on how well u utilize space. Add a ps4 & 45-55 inch tv. Games lyk GTA V, God of war, MK, Pes22, blur on ps3 (Fifa22 + NFS + mk11 + GOW4 + PES 22, GTA V on ps4)

You have really helped and I will be following this thread. I'm in Kaduna and I'm thinking of this studio. I want to add VR though. I sincerely need someone who would help with other items needed and even set up. My budget is around 2.5m

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by olatunyemi(m): 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
Kiddyong123ayo:
I met with the baddest game guru on Nairaland, CRAFTEK and he invited me to his game shop at mushin.
He gave me some advices on how to start and grow the business.
I felt really INSPIRED, and he also invited me to his restaurant /lounge and he bought me 2 bottles of Trophy.
I went home loaded and inspired , up next I will be posting my progress on my own game shop.

Follow this thread to see my progress recorded

Bro, please which state are you?
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by NACE13: 10:33pm On Dec 05, 2022
Nice one.
My brother has always wanted to startup a game house but we both have no knowledge on how to go about it. I'll send this thread's link to him. He already has about 3 TVs ready, and I'm wiling to add mine to make it happen.
We can start with two PS3s and three PS2s.
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Uchekennedy(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
How do I contact him
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by Uchekennedy(m): 4:33pm On Nov 06, 2023
Dawn91:

Just contact craftek he has been into the business for almost 10 yrs if I recall.correctly and has has done very well for himself from it .. he will guide you and even set up for you and recommend anything you need

Please how can I contact Craftek
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by olatunyemi(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2023
Uchekennedy:

Please how can I contact Craftek

I'm willing to learn too
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by olatunyemi(m): 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2023
ToyBoyAaron:

If you make some things public it will be taken for granted and eventually lost its value. Keep the secret of your business to yourself. If any one is serious they will look for knowledge

Boss abeg can I have your WhatsApp contact
Re: Advice Needed, How Do I Set Up My Game Shop by olatunyemi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
leopower:

Well I finally met crafteck Sha, dat man is selfless being. Without knowing me from Adam, he gave me all dat I needed to know Abt dis business. He even help me plan my spending so I won't spend much of my capital. Crafteck may God reward u abundantly.

Abeg can I get your contact, please

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hottest Psp Custom Firmware 5.02gen-a / Playstation 3 Jailbreak: Impact In Nigeria / The Best Laptops For Games/entertainment Within 80-100k Range

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.